• Breaking News

    Tuesday, May 25, 2021

    Guild Wars Got my favorite concept art printed. Very happy with it.

    Guild Wars Got my favorite concept art printed. Very happy with it.


    Got my favorite concept art printed. Very happy with it.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:43 PM PDT

    Returning Player seeking advice

    Posted: 25 May 2021 02:51 AM PDT

    Hi Everyone,

    As many of you I have a lot of nostalgia for this game and decided to come back and reply all of the campaigns on a new character, starting with prophecies. I tried to play GW again a couple of years back after being away for several years to find out that my account had been hacked and pretty much everything of value given away. However, being aware of it this time I wanted the fresh experience.

    Thing is, of course, it's never going to be a fresh experience since I have several skills unlocked for my heroes and other toons with access to endgame areas. So I started browsing the PvX wiki to find out what builds would be the most optimal for my heroes even through the initial portions of the campaign (after LA of course). this of course led me directly to the BiP triple mesmer build that's considered top tier.

    I spent the last day hunting for the few skills that I'm missing to use this build on my other characters but of course I don't have access to a lot of the heroes that only show up at the end or way into a campaign. hence my first question, what would be a good set-up for my heroes to go comfortably through the campaign, I was able to get olias as my BiP so I suppose that opens up some possibilities but atm I'm using my dervishes to fill in the gaps of mesmers as De/Me, son't know if this is a good idea.

    my second question would be in terms of $$. as you might guess the few platinum I had left after being hacked got sunk into getting captures for the few elite skills I was missing for the BiP/mesmer team, I'm trying to get some decent armour on my new character (necro) and at some point go for an elite gear set. my question is, what would be a good option for getting some platinum without any proper build being set-up for specific farming? I know many advice on getting nick gifts and trading them for some ecto. is there any method of getting some money without trading? afaik i'd have to trade stuff into ecto and then again ecto into plat and I don't know how difficult that'd be at this point in time.

    Finally I suppose I could use an indication of were I could farm with some builds so that I can focus on gearing them for that after I'm done with the campaign. I have an assassin, monk, Rit and dervish at max level but of course not fully geared for anything.

    Thank you for all the advice, I'm enjoying this game again very much.

    submitted by /u/thyriel
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why I didn’t get a HoM point?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    Picture of my HoM Reward Calculator

    At the Fellowship monument I dedicated a level 20 Elder Warthog (Tier 6) and got the Animal Companion statue but didn't get the 'Any Pet statue' reward

    Did I do something wrong / is this not how it actually works? The wiki isn't very clear

    I came back to the HoM with a level 20 Dire Warthog (Tier 7) but it wouldn't let me do anything. I also asked Arenanet support but they said GW1 support is limited so wouldn't help

    submitted by /u/TheChaoticity
    [link] [comments]

    need help - When Kappa Attack HM

    Posted: 24 May 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    I need probably 2 or 3 more people to help. I'm doing the best I can, with cons and food buffs, but I can't manage it on my own. Would be great to find a few other ppl who need it too. Would love to knock this out tonight - I'm on the West Coast.

    submitted by /u/Vitis_Vinifera
    [link] [comments]

    Old player thinking about coming back

    Posted: 24 May 2021 06:30 AM PDT

    I played way back, around when the game had its 7th anniversary I quit, I remember the game requiring a disc to play, is that still the case? My current laptop doesn't have a cd drive is why I ask.

    Also I dont have my old emails I used anymore so I would need to make a new account and I'm pretty sure that would require me to have a new key, so I would need to re purchase right? I'm pretty sure I still have the installation discs but that doesn't help me much with the above issue so I was considering looking into buying it online.

    submitted by /u/ryuu745
    [link] [comments]

    GWAMM Tips?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    Hey all. I'll keep this short. I played back when this game first came out and stopped playing around year 7. I was only a kid back then, got a few maxed titles(legendary survivor was my favorite) but now I'm back and I may slowly go for GWAMM. I'm looking for any tips that might help in terms of where to start.

    Also a decent money maker? I have 3/5 pieces of obby armor and I'd like to finish that. I'm currently farming nick sets and doing the zhaisan dailies when I can(dreaming of that envoy scythe).

    Thank you in advance! :D

    submitted by /u/EctoGraphics
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Enchantment Visuals(Suggestion)

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:55 PM PDT

    Is there any way to disable the enchantment visuals on your character for when you cast enchantments? Never used toolbox, does it have a setting for this?

    Would love to see this as a checkbox option under settings if at all possible.

    Mostly play on Ele and would love to disable the cloudy effect that floats around my char :)

    submitted by /u/MaskedVale
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot save templates

    Posted: 24 May 2021 12:28 PM PDT

    As far as I know, some update to windows firewall or something is stopping me from saving templates directly in GW. Has anyone been able to fix this issue? I'm not super happy with saving a .txt file manually :D

    submitted by /u/lemegeton93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment