• Breaking News

    Saturday, September 5, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - September 05, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - September 05, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - September 05, 2020

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] Nerd argument

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Is gw2 down?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Couldn't create a character and now it won't even let me login to the launcher? Spinning forever

    submitted by /u/Captain_Snacks_
    [link] [comments]

    Gf drew her main on a Griffon

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:48 AM PDT

    Trying to get back into the game, drew my salads in fancy outfits

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    There is not enough GW2 music related topics on this subreddit, but I am having so much fun with GW2 music, so I combined Pantheon of the Wild tracks with some subtle melodies of Spirits of the Wild, Alpine Marches and Eagle Flight, and I thought I'd share it with you all. :)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 04:21 AM PDT

    here are the tracks:

    The weird, corrupted one: https://youtu.be/fMrFiuxT_pU to which Maclaine Diemer responded: "What... What have you done?!"

    "Much nicer" one: https://youtu.be/NsQV15jDOdg UwU

    So basically I uploaded more of a joke, loreplay-y vid few days ago, cos I experimented with Pantheon music and it was SO much fun when I heard it all, and I thought - oh that's sounds like "what if the Spirits of the Wild were corrupted by Jormag", and I had so much fun to have that small loreplay, cos not everytime you get to hear a total musical atrocity, right? :D

    But I planned to do like a proper combination of Pantheon music since it came out, and I tried various ways to sort of make it stand out, so apart from combining music pieces, I wanted to add some subtle hints of other tracks that would make it more unique, but also nice for your ear. :)

    It's incredibly fun to do those and I plan to revisit older tracks that share the same leitmotives like "The Prophecy", maybe adding some Aurene, Dragon Full of Light bits. It's gonna be so cool if I manage to do it!

    Well I hope you'll enjoy those, I plan to get a program that will let me mix the sounds and hopefully I'll get to make something original out of existing tracks - but I'll have to figure it all out somehow, but music is my passion so I have some things to share... :)

    Music nerd signs off :)

    submitted by /u/MichramGW2
    [link] [comments]

    Ascended Gear - The complete guide - Guild Jen

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    When life gives you lemons

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    Bringing Titans to GW2

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Skimmer Slalom (Griffon) - 0:45.120

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    GW2 NA is down (And I think we caused it)

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    We were in a Dragonfall map that was closing, the map closed and now we can't log back in (NA server).

    Edit: Guess I should have tried harder to recruit players to stop the instance closing

    Edit 2: I just got in, time for more Dragonfall XD

    submitted by /u/Amerika-jinn
    [link] [comments]

    Was looking through my screenshots, and found this Frost Citadel shot

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    I feel, uuuuh...mildly concerned

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 12:33 PM PDT

    E-Mail adress got hacked/deleted. Can ANet change it trough a ticket?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    So I wrote a ticket to the support with details to my accound and stuff because I need my E-Mail changed. The one thats currently in use got hacked and theres nonway for me to access the Save Network code to login anymore. Now with no access whatsoever tho that EMail account can ANet even change my Account Mail to another one? I would really not want to loose my account of 4 Years

    submitted by /u/Lionsrise
    [link] [comments]

    Add achievements for old content

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 04:58 PM PDT

    In the past they have added new achievements with living world that involve going back and doing old metas. And that breathes life back into those old events.

    Now every zone from the expansions has its own page in the achievement log. They should add a "Core Tyria" section to the achievements, and then every update they should add achievements for the higher level core tyria maps.

    At least 10 achievements having to do with completing events within that map. Simple stuff. Then that will bring completionists back into those maps.

    submitted by /u/Minder1
    [link] [comments]

    GeForce Now works great!

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 08:01 AM PDT

    I wanted to share just in case anyone else was in a similar situation.

    I am returning to Guild Wars 2 from a two to three year hiatus. I told my GF (who I was not dating when I played before) about GW2 and how I've been getting the itch to play again. She's not really a gamer but she wanted to watch me create a new character. As I was creating my character she sat and watched initially but kept making suggestions on what colors to make the armor, hairstyles, face options, etc. I could see her getting invested so I just backed up and said "Why don't you make a character for yourself instead?". And boom. The trap was set. Two hours later she was hooked and running around Queensdale shooting up bandits.

    So she wanted to play together. But we had a problem. I only have one gaming capable computer and there wasn't room/ budget enough for another one. Especially because she probably only wants to play GW2.... for now haha.

    Now we have plenty of laptops lying around for nongaming use. I use a Thinkpad X220 as a daily driver and she has an Lenovo Ideapad that she uses for school. Neither of these run GW2 well. With some research, I found Ge Force now! and boom it was perfect for our use case. It streamed the game from Nvidia's servers.

    She was spoiled by my gaming set up. In her words: " I like the clicky keyboard (Cherry Mx Reds) and gigantic screen (34 inch ultrawide). Can I play on yours?" Hahahaha. She may not be a gamer but that comment could of fooled me. So I shared for the sake of guild wars 2 I shared my gaming set up and settled down to play using GEForce Now on my thinkpad.

    Holy poo. It works great for me! Now I'm not saying its better than my gaming set up. No way. But it's doable for the few hours a week we set aside to play together. The screen is small 1366 by 768 (which I actually don't mind since I do work on it everyday), but using GE Force Now I can crank the graphics up to max! It doesn't look too bad! and its not as laggy as I thought it would be. I was initially worried about bandwidth but there are tons of options to control bandwidth. I think mine uses about 4 gb an hour. At the lowest setting, I could run it at 2 Gb an hour. Thats about the same I would get from using netflix or youtube. So pretty happy with it! It saved me hundreds of dollars on a whole second gaming set up for just one game. It is available for free but I actually loved it so much I went ahead and joined the 5 dollar a month Founder membership. Worth it. Especially for quality Guild Wars 2 Duo time with the lady friend.

    TLDR: If you need to run GW2 on less than acceptable machines, try out GEforce now. It's pretty sweet.

    submitted by /u/mattsm44
    [link] [comments]

    Can / Should I unlock Griffon by jumping to last PoF mission?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:46 AM PDT

    First, the "can I" question:

    The gw2 wiki just mentions that you "need to complete the PoF story" before going to see the NPC to give you the Griffon unlock collections... Do I have to complete ALL the chapters of PoF? or can I just jump to the very last chapter of PoF, complete only that one, and be able to unlock Griffon?

    Next, the "should I" question:

    If the above answer is yes, is there any good [story related] reason not to do this? If the final chapter is basically just "okay boss fight, time to kill Balthazar, good job we won", I think I'm okay "spoiling" that for myself. But if there is good meaty story content to be had then I guess I can wait...

    I'm currently half way through LWS3; I'm definitely in it for the story, but I am also really wanting that griffon...

    submitted by /u/ProLevelFish
    [link] [comments]

    Loved FFXIV on PS4, built a PC, was waiting for WOW in Oct and heard about GW2 - Good for Newbs?

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    My first love of MMORPGs was FFXIV on PS4 and I recently built a PC that has me searching for games. I stumbled across GW2 and see there is a 50% off sale so debating jumping in. Is the standard edition good to go? Also, it says it level boosts you to 80, is that detrimental to learning?

    How is the learning curve? FFXIV has an amazing tutorial system and a great community for getting help. I really appreciated it over WoW.

    Debating whether to take the plunge.

    submitted by /u/mrwiggly_wiggly
    [link] [comments]

    [Guide] Condi Thief PvP - Please dont hate me for this

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    [Art] My Ranger tracking his prey

    Posted: 04 Sep 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    When do you think we can expect the elite spec reveals?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    Since the fanbase have been theorizing about the new elite specs for years, at this point I just really really want to see what Anet has in mind. Not sure how long it took them to reveal it after PoF was announced, but damn I wish we were given just more information.

    So when do you think the new Elite Specs Trailer drops?

    submitted by /u/zaleszg
    [link] [comments]

    WvW where WSR move ?

    Posted: 05 Sep 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    Hi I've come back after a few month break and now wsr is dead. Would like to know where most of them move cause I like the server population back in the days

    Ty

    submitted by /u/I2aphsc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment