• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 11, 2019

    Guild Wars Finally achieved "Legendary Defender of Ascalon" title.

    Guild Wars Finally achieved "Legendary Defender of Ascalon" title.


    Finally achieved "Legendary Defender of Ascalon" title.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:27 PM PST

    Jora's Human head sized...

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:41 PM PST

    Working on Guild Wars Video Series - Seeking extra footage for YouTube.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:38 AM PST

    TL;DR: I'm creating a Video Series focused on Guild Wars 1 and its large variety of builds. I'm here to gauge interest and seek out footage for hard-to-find builds or builds I simply don't have the skills for.

    This isn't full playthroughs, these videos present a lot of information in a concise format.

    The video series is looking back at all the meta and balanced builds that GW allowed its players to create. I feel like GW1 is one of the most diverse games I've ever played and the series will be a heavy nod to that.

    Example PVP Builds: (Ideal Settings: 1080P, 30 FPS, no in-game music)

    • R/N Touch Ranger
    • Me/E Fastcasting Stone spammer. (I think this no longer works?)
    • N/A Augury of Souls/Iron Palm (Old meta build in RA)
    • N/X Minion Master in PVP (AB/RA/TA/HA/GVG/ Even FA/JQ is fine.)
    • E/X Shockwave or Starburst melee-range Ele
    • Me/Mo Holy Wrath Smite Signet Mesmer
    • R/W Bunny Thumper
    • A/X AoD Assasins that demonstrate shadowstep mechanics.
    • Any solo ganking footage in GVG
    • IWAY
    • SWAY
    • R Spike
    • N Blood Spike
    • Hexway

    Some of you might have suggestions for your own favorite builds or meta builds that really take advantage of GW's unique build system.

    submitted by /u/Bradifer
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a game with GW-like farming ?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:46 AM PST

    Hello there ! (TLDR at the end of the post)

    Something I always loved in Guild Wars was farming. Yes, it sounds weird. Many people don't like it, called for nerfs, but GW farming is one of the things I loved the most on this game.

    In particular, shadow form farm. UWSC was a blast and one of the things I enjoyed the most on the game. Farming bosses with Shadow Form to get their greens was something I found exciting as well, and many other farms kept me busy on the game for some time.

    I farmed with my Assassin (SF), my Warrior (old axe farms), my Elementalist (Obsidian Flesh), my Monk (55hp, 600hp), my Ranger (traps, barrage), my Necromancer (55hp, ss) and even the old Urgoz farm of the suicidal first mobs when it was possible.

    I switched to GW2, when it was released, and completely lost all potential farms. It is just not comparable. I tried coming back to GW but I can't. GW2 did beat GW on something : the mobility (jumping, swimming, gliding and mounts), and GW feels very awkward when being blocked by a rock on the floor.

    What made GW farms so enjoyable to me is :

    - farming could be very money-efficient (farming the UW or FOW could very well pay you the entire FOW armor in a few weeks without playing more than an hour or two everyday).

    - farming required "some" skill. Granted, it depends on the farm and can't be compared with PvP skill-wise, but you still couldn't afford a mistake (get bodyblocked by the wrong enemies, dodge dispel or interrupt, forget or cast a skill in the wrong order ...)

    - farming was diverse : could be done solo or duo or more, could be casual or hardcore (barrage team for the Tomb of Primeval Kings and UWSC for example) ... You could pick your farm for whatever you wanted to do.

    - farming was not repetitive : this one might sound weird to you, but farming is only repetitive if you make it so. If you play for hours the whole day farming the same thing : it is obviously repetitive. But only an hour or two every day, changing farm zone, style, build, character, farming with someone else while having a chat, or listening to music ... Farm never felt repetitive to me. This is not the case for any farm in GW2 actually, where it does feel excessivily boring and repetitive.

    TLDR:

    Is there an online game, other than GW, where farming requires "some skill", is rewarding and does not feel repetitive ?

    (cf. 4 previous points on why GW fits those criteria for those wondering)

    submitted by /u/Kronos_8
    [link] [comments]

    Help with starring hero builds?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:48 PM PST

    I am doing a run through of the campaigns with my secondary character, a dagger spammer, and currently have access to the following heroes:

    • Koss
    • Tahlk
    • Dunk
    • Ogden
    • Gwen
    • Zhed
    • Vekk
    • Melonni
    • MOX

    What are the optimal builds I should use and what should the team config be?

    I looked at the starting build on PVX but as I am not starting from scratch and have access to every skill I was hoping for something a bit more advanced.

    Obviously Gwen will be E-Surge but should I make some of the monks run an E-Surge type build also?

    I was thinking of running Zhed as an Ether Renewal Orders and Dunk as a Smite Support as they would be best ways to provide me with support but was wondering if you guys had alternate suggestions?

    submitted by /u/kevinWilson94
    [link] [comments]

    What if i can't find the serial code?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 07:49 AM PST

    Hello guys, i would LOVE to get back in the game with the old account i had, but i were so little when i started playing that my father used his e-mail to register the account. That said, i know the e-mail, the name of one of the character i used (if my younger and dumber me didn't delete everything before quitting), but the password has been cancelled from my mind long time ago. And unfortunately, and i'm pretty sure about this, the younger and dumber me threw away the game box with probably the serial code inside thinking i wouldn't ever come back to the game (just why, what the hell i had in my mind?). So, what now? I heard support take ages to respond, just to ask even more question that i'm not sure i will be able to answer (again, my father registered the account, so i've no idea the info he put in, and he doesn't even remember that he did), and changing password requires the serial code. So, am i screwed right? I don't really want to buy the game again and start all over, i mean, i would start all over, but with an already good account filled with goods. Thank you in advance for the answers.

    submitted by /u/AkromaOne
    [link] [comments]

    New to being monk. Any tips?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:52 AM PST

    My brothers and I have started playing again after ~10 years or so. I made a monk a little while ago, I always wanted to play monk and heal but never did it for some reason. I'm just wondering if there are any tips that could be useful to a new healer that you guys would share. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Foil-Kiki-Jiki
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment