• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 17, 2020

    Guild Wars Night of 10,000 Ectos 2020 - Main Event & Scavenger Hunt

    Guild Wars Night of 10,000 Ectos 2020 - Main Event & Scavenger Hunt


    Night of 10,000 Ectos 2020 - Main Event & Scavenger Hunt

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, and WELCOME to the 4th Annual Night of 10,000 Ectos!

    Main Event:

    What: This is a yearly giveaway event open to every player, new and old.

    When: June 27th at 5pm MST

    Where: Fisherman's Haven

    *If you need a run to Fisherman's haven, from anywhere. Let me know and I will run you there*

    Events Activities:

    Trivia at the Main Event -

    The event will start with giveaways in multiple districts of Fisherman's Haven. I will then then ask questions and trivia about Guild Wars. I do my best to avoid super easy wiki-able questions.

    Scavenger Hunt -

    This is one of the main parts of the event aimed at those who can't attend at the time of the event, though all can participate. This Scavenger Hunt will be a screen shot competition. Below you will find 4 albums of photos. You need to take a screen shot of your own in each of the 10 places for each campaign. Each campaign completed will earn you 1 armbrace or 40 ectos. If you can finish all 4 campaigns, you will earn a bonus armbrace or 40 ectos.

    1. Prophecies
    2. Nightfall
    3. Factions
    4. Eye of the North

    Once your album is posted as a comment on this thread I will check to make sure your locations are correct. Once confirmed, you can claim your prize at the Main Event or after.

    Timed Item Hunt -

    The event will end with an item hunt. I will tell you the theme of the item and you will have 30 minutes to bring me back one of the related items. There will be an award given for bringing the item back within the time limit.

    Weekly Lottery -

    Each week I host a fundraising lottery to help support the event giveaway. For the most up-to-date details please check the most current week's postings.

    Week 7

    Week 6

    Week 5

    Week 4

    Week 3

    Week 2

    Week 1

    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    Join our Discord

    Watch the Main Event on Twitch.tv/Ninja_Panthar

    If you would like to donate to make the event bigger and better, any amount is greatly appreciated.

    Feel free to message me in game, on discord, or on reddit.

    IGN: Callme Monk X and Wtb A

    submitted by /u/ninja_panthar
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone is interested of playable version of Pre-Ascalon on UE4?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:57 AM PDT

    Is anyone is interested of playable version of Pre-Ascalon on UE4?

    Hey! Last time i showed you a Pre-Ascalon on UE4. I decided to come back to taht project but i would like to know if anyone is interested to see a some kind of playable version of that. Of course not full game etc. Just a city with some NPCs. Let me know in a comments.

    https://preview.redd.it/3wse2h533a551.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=a02b8d13375b66a5266e8fe404bfdb0f05fe53eb

    submitted by /u/Vesyz
    [link] [comments]

    Only two titles left for GWAMM. Is there a fun way of doing this?

    Posted: 17 Jun 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Only two titles left for GWAMM. Is there a fun way of doing this?

    https://preview.redd.it/p9ih5mzf1g551.jpg?width=721&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=38273dbb4f907d01c18be86b09ef56c3c3fa37af

    Over the past couple of years, I have not played Guild Wars a lot, but every two years or so I would start the game and play some EotN dungeons. A few weeks ago I started playing a bit more, finished off my Luxon title and the Master of the North title. Next time there is a bonus for northern factions, I will get the Asura and Vanguard title done. That leaves me with 28 titles and the question what to do to eventually get my GWAMM.

    What would you do if you were in my position? I don't have any money and no valuable things to sell.

    Should I wait for events and go farming to get sweets and alcohol? I don't really feel like maxing that Kurzick title and the PvP titles are also out of the question, I guess. I am torn between grinding my way there or just playing with my other characters, doing speed clears, Zaishen quests, etc.. But how long would it take to get the cash together to finish those titles in the latter case?

    Let me hear your ideas to make this a nice adventure ;)

    submitted by /u/Mr-Peipei
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Lore: what is Canon?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 01:13 PM PDT

    Hokay, so I have a lot of questions! What is canon lore? Is it just the games and the three novels that bridge the two games? Is there anything official that I can read that is kind of like a prologue or introduction to the story/lore of Prophecies? (Is it just the original game manual?)

    Also, where does all the information from the official Wiki come from? Does the wiki just summarize the info/dialogue from the games or are there other "official" sources I could look at/ read.

    And then finally, kind of unrelated, but I'm curious about how primary quests work. I want to run through all three campaigns in order with a ritualist or dervish. I know I have to do a bit of their respective campaigns and I end up in Prophecies at Lions Arch, so you basically miss out on everything up til then. My question is if I'm still able to do all the remaining primary quests or if I only have access to the outpost missions. Is there a way to go back and do the Ascalon/Shiverpeak primary quests or is it the same thing, I can only do missions?

    Sorry I know this is a ton of questions! I recently logged into my account after ten years and I'm just blown away by this game. Maybe it's nostalgia but the music, art direction, writing and story are all just so good. Even compared to GW2 this game just has so much heart and soul.

    If you have answers to any of these questions or just have thoughts or feelings about the GW lore please feel free to post. Thanks in advance. Enjoy the game, friends. wild__leeks

    submitted by /u/wild__leeks
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for what class to play?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Going to be loading back up GW1 and playing through it for a change of pace from my other games. I want to start with a fresh character so I can play through the story again, since honestly I have forgotten most of the details of the story.

    I am just curious (other than warrior) what classes are recommended for farming reputation tracks and items and such? Because I will probably finally try to finish some of it for the hall of monuments.

    Edit: Thanks, I think I will go assassin then, my wife has already decided on dervish. So, I guess we should breeze through most things then solo or together.

    submitted by /u/JeibuKul
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for guild to join [TRDB]

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    I'm looking for an active guild to join The Red Dragon Brotherhood [TRDB] alliance. We are a luxon alliance and currently have 9 active guilds, with a total of about 250+ members, and 6 million factions.

    The aim of the alliance is to form a community and just have fun. Any players are welcome to join.

    Any active guild, or guild motivated to expand in a relatively short timescale would be welcome to join. Let me know!

    submitted by /u/Anna-Henrietta
    [link] [comments]

    If Guildwars was to of got an expansion after Eye of the North what would it of been?

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:54 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment