• Breaking News

    Tuesday, June 16, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 We were struggling with a Sand Shark bounty until... The Champion Sand Shark stepped in and helped us.

    Guild Wars 2 We were struggling with a Sand Shark bounty until... The Champion Sand Shark stepped in and helped us.


    We were struggling with a Sand Shark bounty until... The Champion Sand Shark stepped in and helped us.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:19 AM PDT

    Just started my journey with gw2 and I already felt in love with it’s art style!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:23 AM PDT

    Ugh fine, I'll keep it in my inventory forever

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:25 AM PDT

    Unpopular Opinion: The Paywall behind living world stories is killing the game for presumably little revenue

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 12:14 PM PDT

    So the way Living Story episodes work is you just need to log in once before the next release to "unlock" the episode for free. Otherwise, you have to pay with gems.

    So most active players just get it for free, meaning Arenanet gets little revenue from the sales.

    Generally, you want to be able to convince people to come back to the game for a new release. Most games run promotions for new and returning players, to win back old customers and secure new ones. Guild Wars 2 does the opposite, and charges for content others got for free.

    There's a lot of people coming back after 2 years, 4 years, 5 years, only to realize that the game is locked behind two paywalls. Not just the expansion(which is understandable), but also living story.

    Personally, while I was inactive/quit, I still logged in like once a month to get the stories. So coming back, I realized there was an insane amount of new content to experience. Dozens of new maps, story missions, raids, strike missions, fractals, etc. And that's what got me back into the game. And I wondered to myself "how is this game not more popular with all the new free content it has since launch"? Then I realized that most people don't have access to all of this content without paying.

    For the average returning player or new player(that reinstalls for the first time in 2 years), all they see is a ton of content they need to pay to unlock, which just pushes them away.

    I'm sure Arenanet secures $20 here and there from someone buying living story episodes, but they're losing so much more in sales from people that come back, only to quit because all of the new stuff is locked behind a paywall.

    submitted by /u/skilliard7
    [link] [comments]

    Crafted from the tears of my teammates

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:37 PM PDT

    I found this little Llama Farm at Heart of the Mists and I has since become one of my favourite locations in the game.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    [TacO] Multiple API-key support

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    here's an update for the GW2 Tactical Overlay for those of you that use multiple accounts (be that at the same time with multiboxing or one-by-one): TacO can now handle multiple API-keys at once and will determine the corresponding API key based on the character you're playing so the API based information displayed (Raid/Dungeon/Daily Map progress, TP tracking, WvW, etc) will always correspond to the account you're logged in to. This requires the 'characters' permission for all added API keys.

    You can download the new build and read the full devblog post here.

    tl;dr change notes:

    • Fixed TacO eating too much CPU when GW2 not running and TacO set to not close with the game
    • Removed some unused timing code
    • Added support for multiple GW2 API keys, the overlay will automatically pick the first API key corresponding to the current account based on the logged in character's name. API keys require the 'characters' capability for this to work.
    • Fixed a bug where the TP tracker wouldn't display the listing prices of sub 1 silver items correctly
    • Re-added some markers to the archive that have been missing since build 43 (Guild races, a couple adventures, etc) - sorry about this, they went missing during the move from hg to git
    • Tweaked the keyboard input code a bit so that when typing in TacO textboxes GW2 will no longer react to the keypresses
    • Fixed copy and paste not functioning in TacO textboxes
    • Removed a bunch of unnecessary API calls when editing API keys
    submitted by /u/BoyC
    [link] [comments]

    This happened years ago, I still feel bad to this day

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:04 AM PDT

    GW2 subreddit stats - comments per day before and after the start of the Icebrood Saga. (unfortuntely the stats don’t cover all previous years)

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:19 AM PDT

    You can activate Path of Fire twice on one account and Anet will offer to disable your account.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:38 AM PDT

    I recently purchased a POF code to use for my alt and ended up accidentally redeeming it on my main account. The main already had the same standard edition of POF active and GW2 still took my code and sent me mail saying "Thank you for your purchase"

    So I contacted Anet support, and reiterated a few times that my main account already had POF. Now they are offering to give POF for my alt, and to permanently disable POF on my main and remove the ability to access the game or characters on that account...

    Has anyone ever dealt with this?

    Is there not a simple check to see if the product is already active? Also, GW2's front page menu bar is really unclear. If you are already logged in, there won't be an "Account" or "Log-out" button. It still says "Login". I didn't know I was logged into my main and did not bother to double check because how can you be allowed to activate the same expansion twice on one account?

    EDIT: alright I will reply to the ticket and ask them to escalate

    submitted by /u/NovelGazebo
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing this. My 5k Chest comes with skyscale finally unlocked!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 06:17 PM PDT

    I found some "rare" pictures from the game's beta and launch in my steam screenshots page from 2012, then I built a tool to scrape it and download everything, just so I could post them here. Enjoy!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    [Fluff] I'm ready.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    So when do we think the price of a mystic coin is too high? Nearing 2 gold each.

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 06:31 AM PDT

    So I am all for a decent value on mystic coins but its been pretty much climbing nonstop for some time.

    We are nearing 2gold per coin.

    When does it stop?

    Are we getting a few more methods to get them?

    Should we? What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Novuake
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] My Neighbor Snowball Tonic

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    I made big money today!!! Excited to share :)

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Heeey I just wanted to share cause non of my friends play Guild Wars 2, I made 25g today with just one meta event in Drizzlewood!

    Got there because of TP to the friend to one of my guild friends and after explaining to me I jumped alone like 1,5h ago! I cleared my whole eq and didnt deposit any mats to see how much I can make and I made 25g! Thats crazy money for me (well, a beginner still to the game) and can't wait to gather some gold for a big purchase.

    I heard you can get more of this map, but well my MF is low and I probably missed something.

    So yeah thanks for hearing me out, so excited!

    submitted by /u/Sharaczek
    [link] [comments]

    In case you didn’t know the story...

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:47 AM PDT

    Combat Mechanics you MUST know! | Mounts, Combo Fields, CC and more!

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 08:29 AM PDT

    Travel from Crystal Oasis to Lion's Arch

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    Is there a way to go from Crystal Oasis (or any of the PoF maps) to Lion's Arch without using a waypoint or the "Asura Gate" in the Lily of the Elon lounge? I know you can travel to Crystal Oasis from Lion's Arch by taking the airship, but I couldn't see a way to return. Sometimes it's nice to travel around the world without resorting to waypoints.

    submitted by /u/Astrollie
    [link] [comments]

    Portrait I did for a guild member, What do y'all think? My commissions are open!

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    Leveling from 1-80 through crafting

    Posted: 16 Jun 2020 02:32 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Is there a recent guide that shows how to do this? From searching I can see that leveling a profession from 1-400 gives 7 levels but if I'm using a booster it can reach 10-11 levels. Aside from the guild hall boost, which XP booster should I use to get the max amount of XP from crafting?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/WickedTrap
    [link] [comments]

    All 11 Visions of the Past Achievements [Video Guide]

    Posted: 15 Jun 2020 10:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment