• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 30, 2020

    Guild Wars A little sad... (Ramble)

    Guild Wars A little sad... (Ramble)


    A little sad... (Ramble)

    Posted: 29 May 2020 09:18 PM PDT

    This is rambling, so feel free to ignore it.

    So, I bought Guild Wars: Platinum Edition (i.e. Prophecies and Eye of the North) about ten years ago. I played them a bit, but I was going off to university at the time. Partly from the time pressure of that, and partly from bad things that happened there, I ended up with a long, long depression.

    Well, for the first time in ten years, I've started to brighten up. The last month or so, I've been feeling... more human, if that makes any sense.

    One of the things I started to do with my newfound energy was tidy my place up a little. I came across a box with various old things... and on the top of it, was my old Platinum Edition.

    So, I dug it out and I started it off again. New characters, everything.

    I don't have the Fire Imp or anything like that, but I thought I might give a solo LDoA a try. With Lieutenant Langmar around, I don't need to death-level it, so it wouldn't be so bad.

    I was levelling myself up, got to Level 4 or 5 (can't remember) and I got a little message about Survivor. I figured - why not. Survivor and LDoA.

    Well, long story short, I got greedy about trying to kill a Bandit on the quest today, and his buddy killed me. I'll still LDoA, but if I want to try for a Presearing Survivor, I'll have to restart.

    Not really a big deal, but it did make me a little bit sad. RIP my Necro lady.

    In closing, though - I slightly forgot how beautiful Presearing Ascalon is. Every day for the past week or so I've been playing, I've just been thinking that God-damn it is pretty.

    Anyway - ramble over!

    submitted by /u/PuzzledRobot
    [link] [comments]

    New player starting with Nightfall, feeling underleveled. What should I do?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 10:51 PM PDT

    I haven't played GW1 before but have a good amount of MMO experience, so not a new MMO player by any means. I've read up on starting with Nightfall to acquire heroes, which I've done.

    Now I'm level 11 and and starting what seems to be (according to the wiki) the Jokanur Diggings quests. Most of the mobs here are level 10-15, but the ones for this quest are packs of level 15s and they basically 1 shot my group. Am I underleveled for this? Should I hit up Factions and come back later?

    Any advice is welcome, thanks!

    submitted by /u/GameWithStorm
    [link] [comments]

    Any up to date solo farming builds?

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:50 AM PDT

    I return to GW a couple of days ago and i wanted to start doing some solo farming and some stuff like that. I have never tried anything like this back when I played this, but now i wanna try it. But i dont know where to look for op builds specifically for dervish. Please help!

    submitted by /u/ChinosKu
    [link] [comments]

    My pet just stopped showing up, what did I do to mess it up?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Hey, /r/guildwars experts!

    I've recently returned to the game and as I was running around trying to reacquaint myself with the game, I had a pet tagged along with me.

    Now last couple of runs I noticed that it doesn't always show up, only in certain zones. I thought maybe it's somehow linked to party size restrictions or something and paid no attention to it.

    But now I was thinking of changing my secondary class away from ranger and I just can't get the pet to spawn, so I could submit them to the Menagerie. Doesn't appear in the Menagerie or any of the zones I've tried.

    Did I mess it up somehow? I haven't changed class or removed Comfort Animal nor I've talked to any Pet tamers.

    I guess I could just move on and dismiss the leveling progress that I've made, but are there any tips to make sure it won't happen again?

    Thanks!

    +edit:

    I'm stupid... The reason I didn't have a pet is because it wasn't mine to begin with. One of my heroes was a ranger secondary and it's his pet, not mine.

    submitted by /u/ColorOfTheNight
    [link] [comments]

    Returning after a long long time

    Posted: 30 May 2020 12:31 AM PDT

    I played Guild Wars from launch until somewhere around the release of Eye of the North. I only ever owned the base game, but I did finish it. I'm looking for some nostalgia without the grind of something like EverQuest or FFXI (which I also played). I splurged and bought the complete collection, so I'm looking forward to getting to know Guild Wars again!

    submitted by /u/theodoraofalexandria
    [link] [comments]

    Need Help! Gate of Madness

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:50 AM PDT

    SPOILERS!!!!!!! self explanatory. Friend and myself (Dervish and Rit) have an easy time with the whole mission until fighting shiro + undead lich. Please help! Thanks

    submitted by /u/gneutral
    [link] [comments]

    Removing Merc Heros

    Posted: 30 May 2020 02:46 AM PDT

    Hey all, does anyone know what happens with the runes, weapons and insignias if I remove a merc hero? The reason why I ask is: I want to "update" the merc hero skins due to new armor skins the original hero has gotten nowadays. Do I have to remove everything from the merc before, or can I simply remove the merc and re-register it to stay the same but with new armor skins?

    submitted by /u/Ganksqd
    [link] [comments]

    Just got back into the game after years, looking for people to game with

    Posted: 30 May 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    As the title suggests, I just got back into the game after a decade. I started back in '07 and was a pretty avid player until late 2010. I'd love to find a group to play with so any friendly people willing to add me to the team I'd greatly appreciate ^_^

    submitted by /u/BlindGrimm297
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 05:53 AM PDT

    Hello, i am a returning player but forgot the password from my account but i dont have any serial codes of my games (lost them with moving etc) but is it worth to just buy the GW complete collection or wait till support reply's ?

    submitted by /u/God_Brabants
    [link] [comments]

    Backend Implementation of Minipet Dedication to HoM

    Posted: 29 May 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Hi! I've had this weird curiosity for a while and I just had to ask in the hopes somebody or a dev could give me some more info...

    When a miniature gets dedicated to a Hall of Monuments by a character, does the database object representing the miniature item also collect the name of that character or account, or is there simply sort of a flag if it has been dedicated or not?

    I recall that before the October 12, 2007 update, miniatures used to have tags attached to them such as 'Customized for X', but then ArenaNet introduced the option to 'uncustomize' them and dedicate them instead.

    The reason I'm asking is because I want to keep a collection of all the dedicated miniatures I have in my Hall of Monuments, but over the years I have sold some of them. I would like to get them back, but only if there was no reference in the backend that they had been dedicated to a specific Hall of Monuments of some other account. (I know in the UI you only see 'Dedicated to the Hall of Monuments', but would the backend object also store the character name which dedicated it?)

    If anybody has any information or insight about this, I'd greatly appreciate it! If you'd have questions to better understand what I'm asking about, please fire away! I tried to do my best to explain :)

    Hope you all have a nice day and thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/AlexanderCadogan
    [link] [comments]

    Considering Toolbox: Question

    Posted: 29 May 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    I read on this sub that using toolbox's auto-feautures (like auto pcons and item buttons) may make you more suceptible to getting banned because it mimics bots.

    I am only considering DLing TB for 3 features I've seen/heard about:

    • Big compass map (I think you can see # of chests in a map -- if someone can verify this that'd be great)

    • Opening Locked Chests from afar

    • Transmog into any NPC for fun.

    So my question is: Are the above 3 features tantamount to the 'auto-features' I've heard that might make me more susceptible to getting banned?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/gobisaal
    [link] [comments]

    Is toolbox a banabble mod?

    Posted: 29 May 2020 04:19 PM PDT

    So before I go through the effort of installing toolboxx, which by the way I think should just be incorporated in an update, is it bannable? Because if it is, then I'm ok with just continuing in Vanilla.

    submitted by /u/JubiTonks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment