• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 7, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 07, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 07, 2019


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 07, 2019

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:07 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I don't think this gets said enough...

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:10 PM PST

    Big ups to all of the mentors, commanders, and catmanders out there. My dailies would be a lot slower without you calling out the events in world chat, and my HP runs through the jungle would be a lot more painful.

    \,,/(>.<)\,,/

    submitted by /u/notenoughdaydrinking
    [link] [comments]

    Developer Response(s)

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:47 PM PST

    Love that we have more communication here on Reddit lately from Clayton, Myranda, and possibly others. ArenaNet these staff interactions are great and I appreciate them for reaching out to the community. The timely tweaks to the game to make it more enjoyable are not lost on us! Please make this a regular occurrence!

    Don't be afraid to interact with the community!

    submitted by /u/newtrip
    [link] [comments]

    Dearest ArenaNet, about Dynamic HUD

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:20 AM PST

    I absolutely adore the new dynamic HUD, but PLEASE seperate objectives and achievements into 2 seperate options. I want to see my objectives while fighting, and not the achievement tracker. Please fix this if you have the time!

    submitted by /u/ugly_moa
    [link] [comments]

    The 'essence' masteries would be more useful if we didn't have to go collect 30 more essences every 15 minutes. We already do the mastery point, essence, and mastery experience grinds just to use the ability - I don't think it'd be unreasonable for the buff to stay until you log out or change maps.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:15 PM PST

    New Icebrood statue in Bjora Marches... has anything else changed?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:04 PM PST

    I think ArenaNet might have started sneaking new assets into the map but I'm not entirely sure. As far as I know, this statue (and possibly other copies of it) were not in the zone at launch: https://imgur.com/a/IXIvkmD

    MightyTeapot has a stream of the zone at launch and passes the same area at ~4:19:45 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/510521937) and it's not there.

    Does the statue appear as part of the meta? Has anyone else noticed any other changes?

    submitted by /u/Tulki
    [link] [comments]

    The Mandalorian, and 'the Child'

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:35 PM PST

    Can we please have some of these sales last just all of christm...wintersday

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:46 AM PST

    Things like character slots that only come on sale for one day are just too short. You'd think something that would enable people to play the game more and then be more likely to spend more money would be cheaper or at least be on sale more often or for longer.

    submitted by /u/brobrobro00
    [link] [comments]

    How to exploit against bots: guide

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 05:28 PM PST

    Here are a few weaknesses in the bot source code commonly seen. I examined the source code to see its pattern.

    1: aggro the bot off point, the bot will always chase the enemy it targets.

    2: once you have majority of the points, always drag the fights offpoint since the bot WILL NEVER CAP a point and prioritise on killing players instead.

    3: In legacy of foefire, destroy the gate before the game spawn will cause the bot to think that it is open and force it to walk against the door for the whole game. The middle door "bug" has been fixed in some newer versions of bot programs but not the older ones. However, you can work around this by destroying the side gate as mesmer/thief bots are programmed to ALWAYS walk through side gate if close point is not capped.

    4: Against a bot like mesmer and ranger with range function, there is a function in their code telling them to use only range weapon and stand outside the point if there is another player on the point. Abuse that if you have a shield or use your own range weapon instead.

    You can download any of the programs, check the source code yourself and verify what I have said thus far. Alternatively, you can test out in game what I have said so far.

    submitted by /u/giveme80gold
    [link] [comments]

    State of Guardians (and some others) in Raids?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 07:05 AM PST

    I'm dipping back into the game with some friends after managing to finally find some that will play the game with me!

    That said, I have every class at 80 and a raid geared Druid, Chrono, Berserker, and Dragonhunter. I'm trying to decide if it's worth choosing my Guard/DH as my "returning main" (I mained Ranger since launch and it has 100% completion, but I want to mix it up with one of my other characters this time).

    1. Do Guardians have a stable place in the current raid meta? It'll be a little bit before I decide to hop back into raids, but I want to keep it in mind.
    2. Looking at Ranger again, what is their top DPS spec in a raid environment right now and is it actually decent?
    3. Is there any DPS class/spec that DOESN'T basically need to swap between power and condition to be at least decently effective?

    Thanks for any advice. :)

    submitted by /u/Rohbo
    [link] [comments]

    What are your story predictions for Icebrood Saga? [serious]

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 10:47 PM PST

    I had a dream about the Icebrood saga endgame today!!!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:26 PM PST

    I had a dream about the Icebrood saga endgame today!!!

    Today i had an amazingly vivid dream about 2 new maps on the far shiverpeaks. I made a silly sketch on paint:

    https://preview.redd.it/16gr4rqvx2341.png?width=1212&format=png&auto=webp&s=a98fbfc5c89aa373c47adb1da0cf6a0bf1d1fe43

    The first map was a large and open area surrounded by mountains. It was a battlefield between the pact and jormag's army. The map was divided into 2 sections. the left

    The pact was using kralkatorrik's brand magic to combat jormag. their area of the battlefield was surrounded by branded ground, crystals and minions. they were controlling the minions with some magical stuff i guess.

    The other was jormag's battlefield filled with icebrood crystals, and ofc the sons of svanir.

    The most curious thing about the map was, players were divided into 2 teams. the pact and jormag's. Yes, it was a PvEvP map! and the events consisted around trying to push towards the enemy territory as much as possible! It was a really strange thing for a PvE map but it also seemed really cool.

    In the dream, I went from the battlefield map to the second map through its portal.

    The second map was the place where Jormag was sleeping. the dragon was insanely big, and roughly resembled the shape from this art:

    https://preview.redd.it/ljjgqgdby2341.jpg?width=1280&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1aa60d87a42ade9b0f6cfff8e6612efa8794b564

    In this map, players were spoken to telepathically by jormag, who spoke to them belevolently even. This map wasnt PvP oriented. Instead, the entire map meta seemed to revolve around doing events that jormag told you to do. Amongst them however was a small pvp event where players fought each other to gain jormag's favor. After that the dream kinda stopped being about guild wars :p

    Nonetheless it was amazingly vivid and the scale of jormag was insane, and I really liked the idea of a PvEvP map even though it would be freaking impossible to properly implement. I even remember in the dream that when I went to Jormag's map I thought to myself "I shouldn't be in this map, I'm kinda prematurely spoiling it for myself" lol.

    What do you guys think and also, have you ever had guild wars 2 dreams?

    submitted by /u/Manuelo46
    [link] [comments]

    Boneskinner buff was done wrong

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:28 AM PST

    A lot of people like the changes to the new boneskinner as the original one was way to easy to kill. That is completely understandable. i also found it a bit boring that you just stack and dps the boss down, disregarding all tactics (Grothmar Style). So a Buff was definitely required.

    But the way the buff happened is just wrong in my opinion. When a Developer wants to encourage people using mechanics then he shouldnt just bump up the damage. That will most likely lead to people finding different approaches to keep doing it they way they already did. The new Boneskinner can still be done with the stacking technique. You just need more healers.

    Someone did a nice comment about the new Boneskinner in another post. He said that most of the people doing Strike Missions are not on "Raid level". That means many wont hit the 10k dps and many cant provide sufficient heal. He, and also me, think that the dmg buff was too big.

    But back to my topic. Before i switched to gw2 i played an MMO in my teens which was so unbalanced that most boss mechanics went like this. Kill it in 10 Seconds or the team wipes in one hit. This is not helping anyone. What should have be done with the Boneskinner is not a Dmg buff, but a rework of the mechanics. possible solutions:

    • decrease the players dmg for every torch lost (up to 100%)
    • give the Boss immunity until the torches are lit again
    • encourage movement by unblockable knockbacks
    • let the boss move more
    • give each torch a different buff that you need for different fight phases (no buff = no damage, or your recieved dmg is increased)

    To make it clear, i am not against mechanics that can lead to a team wipe, but i am against plain dmg buffs that lead to a wipe. There are better possibilities to make this Boss more fun and also engaging for non raiders/casuals.

    submitted by /u/SlothFanatic94
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing since Year 1. What should I know? Did endgame PvE manage to grow beyond endless Fractal loops?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:25 AM PST

    So, yeah, been gone for a while. I played this game almost since day 1, and I did pretty much all of the endgame content that was available back then. Did everything except for explorable Arah. Then Fractals released and the meta started to be all about fractal grinding for ascended, so once I got my full ascended set (back when ascended armour and weapons hadn't been released yet), I pretty much lost interest. Then I lost the Gmail account that was linked to my profile, and well, that was it for my dear Warrior who had been alongside me through such hardships. Sniff.

    Anyway, I've been playing other things in the meanwhile, got pretty hooked to Monster Hunter World, but I expect to be done with that game in the coming weeks, so I want to come back. Made a new account and upgraded it to PoF and I'll probably jump back sometime after Christmas.

    I'm a casual PvE player, and I play mostly for fun, so I don't enjoy being trapped in a loop where you just grind the one same thing forever. I still remember when the LFG tool was first introduced, everyone was asking for Full Berserker builds to speed run fractals. Like, it was almost the only thing that people wanted to do. Did they manage to diversify PvE? I heard they introduced Raids, how are those? And what about World events? The Balthazar temple questline was quite epic. And are the old dungeons still doable? I had quite a bit of fun with those. I'm just gonna focus on one single character, and I will only play a few hours per week, so I'm in no rush.

    Thanks for everything in advance! I really liked GW2 back in the day, it was my favourite online game, so I'm hoping to have as much of a blast as I did back then.

    submitted by /u/Lontananza
    [link] [comments]

    What Happened to Blackgate?!

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 09:48 PM PST

    Okay so I have come back after about a 6 month break. I played for like the last 2-3 years and Blackgate was dominating WvW every single week. Sometimes they would tanks for sh*ts and giggles, but this is the first time I have seen that they are consistently not Tier 1.

    Can anyone tell me what happened? Was there like a giant guild fallout or did people transfer to other servers?

    submitted by /u/DrayceTV
    [link] [comments]

    Now that we get dyeable backpieces could we also get dyeable underwear please? And maybe even different skins for it?

    Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:27 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment