• Breaking News

    Sunday, December 29, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Oh my Gods its a Quaggan

    Guild Wars 2 Oh my Gods its a Quaggan


    Oh my Gods its a Quaggan

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 05:47 PM PST

    Got a former guildie to draw my daredevil Iemolie Silverlake.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:51 AM PST

    I received this year's Christmas card and it actually got me kind of sad...

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:43 AM PST

    Every year since 2006, ArenaNet sends Christmas cards to a few selected members of the Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 communities. I was lucky enough to be included a couple times for contributing to the wiki, and while I admit that this is something most players wouldn't ever receive, it was always a nice gesture that showed a little bit how the developers truly care about their community.

    Here is one such card from 2015. It features gorgeous art made by one of the artists at ArenaNet, thanks from the "ArenaNet family" and a bunch of developers' signatures. Most of them I don't even recognize, but it's obvious that they were all very proud of the game they were working on. Another one from 2016, another beautiful art, more signatures, and thanks from ArenaNet. Year 2017 also continued the same trend. And although I didn't get one for 2018, it was also made in the same vein.

    Now, it is definitely not my intention to brag in any way, but I love these cards. They are a nice keepsake and they help solidify the relationship I have with this franchise I've been playing for over 14 years.

    This past year was certainly very turbulent but I always remained quite hopeful. Even after the layoffs, I knew ArenaNet could pull themselves together and it could actually end up helping the game after they had clearly spread themselves too thin. And even after the Icebrood Saga announcement, while it was very disappointing, I was still looking forward to what would come. After all, even with all the people coming and (mostly) leaving, this was still my favourite games studio. Perhaps a bit naive of me, but hopeful.

    That is, until I got this year's Christmas card. It took until something stupid like this, which should have just been a nice gesture to a couple players, for me to finally realize, that ArenaNet has truly already fallen apart. NCSoft doesn't even seem to trust ArenaNet with making a Christmas card anymore, why should the game itself be any different... While the envelope came from the ArenaNet address, they are clearly pushed away in favour of Aion, Lineage and Blade and Soul.

    I did not want to post this to stir up any drama and I admit that this is some incredibly petty criticism. While I have my thoughts about a lot of the developments, I personally always tried to avoid fueling the fires of the outrages we grew accustomed to as of late, from the Jessica Price incident to the Living World disappointments. However, NCSoft is for some reason clearly intent on ending this game, and ArenaNet's mismanagement and inability to talk to the community helped them from within.

    I still play the game and will continue doing so, and I would love to hope things could still take a turn for the better, but with even so many people outside of our little corner of the internet noticing the decline, and not a single person saying anything about what's happening the entire past year, we've really reached the end times.


    Edit: Reading this back, I feel like I didn't convey very well why exactly this made me sad. Not angry, mind you, just sad. It isn't because "I got a Christmas card and it wasn't signed, ooohoo, the world is surely coming to an end". It's more that this really felt more like targeted advertisement. "So you like Guild Wars 2, do you? Here are some other (better monetized) games you might be interested in. Cheers, your great friends at NCSoft." And this just seems like a very inappropriate place to put ads to me.

    submitted by /u/keirbhaltair
    [link] [comments]

    The Impact of Guild Wars 2

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 02:46 PM PST

    Wintersday Concert by MGT & BoBd

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 07:18 PM PST

    What is the most balanced Soulbeast Ranger gear between PvE and WvW?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:51 AM PST

    I'm new and about to reach level 80 and while researching about a decent gear, I got kinda confused cause I want to do PvE content and WvW ( currently not interested in PvP at all) it seems from what I understood in meta websites and threads is that condi soulbeast ranger is good in case of PvE content but not in WvW, and on the other hand the power GS+LB is good in WvW but not in PvE.

    Do I need to craft both if I want to play both PvE and WvW? or I can go with one of them thats more balanced on both modes?

    submitted by /u/Juventino_AM
    [link] [comments]

    [fluff] I've noticed that most Living World episodes with a snowy map were released during the winter season. Just a fun little fact.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:14 PM PST

    LS3-3, Bitterfrost Frontier: November 2016. LS4-5, Thunderhead Peaks: January 2019. LS5-1, Bjora Marches: November 2019.

    Whether it's intentional or not on Anet's side, I found this realization sort of mindblowing and decided to share. Man it feels weird making a fluff post.

    submitted by /u/iopish
    [link] [comments]

    Anti-stealth device

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 05:35 AM PST

    Recently i found several players in wvw that put out me out of stealth with some pulsing shit... What is that item?

    submitted by /u/Miles7p0
    [link] [comments]

    Diving goggles above the Dry Top jumping puzzle missing

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 01:17 PM PST

    Today I decided to do some achievements, so I went to Dry top to finish that map. After a couple of minutes climbing the jumping puzzle at the Prospect Valley area, I got to the platform where the diving goggles were supposed to be and to my surprise they were missing. I waited for the sandstorm to come and go, re log, and different characters but no luck. Hope Anet fixes it one day. https://imgur.com/a/gs0qQxh Server: NA (Ehmry Bay) Map ip: 18.206.10.170 EDIT: I finally got a different DryTop IP (54.145.177.45) and the goggles were there.

    submitted by /u/shimgrin
    [link] [comments]

    Buying PoF from third-party vendor

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 02:50 AM PST

    Hey guys, If I buy PoF from a third-party vendor will I still receive HoT aswell? Or do I have to buy it from their website? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/saltyphoks
    [link] [comments]

    Is GW 2 still playable for newbies like me

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:48 AM PST

    I can't buy expansions bc they are really expensive for me(30 usd is around 180 tl).How much will it take to max my char and start doing raids?

    submitted by /u/gimmeanicc
    [link] [comments]

    Home world transfer?

    Posted: 29 Dec 2019 01:37 AM PST

    Hello, I am playing at Aurora Glade currently from release of the game but recently I have issues with finding groups to do group content.

    Should I change home world to more populated one or it doesnt matter? I am starting to playing more active now and farm for legendary and push fractals finally to higher level.

    submitted by /u/Dorthonin
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 Outnumbered Reaper PvP & Duels - Hollts Reaper Gameplay 2019

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 12:25 PM PST

    What is the current state of Necro in PvP/raids/WvW etc?

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:35 AM PST

    Just coming back after not getting very far the last time I picked up GW2.

    Back then it seemed Necro was shunned for everything except open world stuff. Is this still the case? Or is it more like other MMOs where the meta is really only super important if you want to be in the top 1%?

    I like the look of necro but don't want to work through to 80 and find I keep getting kicked from groups etc.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/SadShots
    [link] [comments]

    When you get your friends to start playing and you're already experienced

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 11:34 AM PST

    X/shield classes

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 09:33 PM PST

    I am a somewhat new player to gw2. I have 2 max levels from purchasing expansions which I have casually played so I understand the basics but I want to choose a class to focus on.

    So my question is what class has the most viable X/shield builds? I really want to play a shield class but I have noticed that while some classes have viable shield builds for conquest (GUARDIAN) in raids I can't find any shield builds for them. Ideally I want to play as an extremely tanky person with a bow/gun as secondary but I can't seem to find any classes with viable builds like those.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ModestDoggo
    [link] [comments]

    Guild

    Posted: 28 Dec 2019 08:13 PM PST

    Hey! I have 2 questions:

    1) are there guilds that do meta events regularly? 2) how can I find a guild the best way?

    submitted by /u/vlastet
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment