• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 2, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 01, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 01, 2022


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 01, 2022

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Convincing a friend to try GW2 be like

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 08:20 AM PST

    First time I've ever been warned about oncoming real-world doom in an MMO lol

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 07:10 PM PST

    WoW player struggling to understand GW2 expansion system

    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 01:54 AM PST

    After returning to WoW and getting a burnout to reach max level for the amount of grinding that was forced upon me... I choose to try GW2 as I was looking for something casual where to enjoy open-world content, map exploration, mounts, and casual PVP.

    I am levelling a ranger (now almost at lv30) as I was used to playing a hunter in WoW and assumed because the pet could be a good class to handle solo content.

    I was a bit overwhelmed at first with the character build and still trying to correctly wrap my head around how it works.

    I wanted to take advantage of the Christmas discounts to purchase GW2 expansions

    Coming from WoW, older expansions were always included in the base game, because not relevant anymore.

    It seems that in GW2 old expansions are still relevant, as everything is lv80, but I am just not sure how that all fit together for a new player.

    My first question in trying to understand this is

    • what playable content is given by an expansion?

    Is it just the main story questline to complete (so more of lore/RPG flavour) with some extra cosmetics/mount? Extra maps to explore?

    The second question I'd like to understand is:

    • do previous expansions have mandatory content to unlock, in order to enjoy/play newer content?

    I've read here people mentioning "difficulties" of expansions, not sure what do they refer to considering they are all level 80. Is it because of the level of items you were originally facing them with?

    My third question is:

    • does the order in which you play the expansions matter?

    Let's say I will reach 80 by the time the new expansion is released. I would assume all GW2 players will be playing that content (EOD) so what I should do exactly when I hit 80?

    1. Play the expansions in their release order? (basically by the time I get to EOD it would be 2-3 years lol)
    2. Jump straight to EOD and then casually playback the previous one?

    I absolutely had a love-at-first-login moment as I really felt the lightness of a world that is there but does not force me to do anything I don't want.

    Roaming around exploring a cave not because my minimap was pointing to it, but because was there.

    Didn't get that feeling since Dark Age of Camelot, so I am really keen on getting the best out of my GW2 experience :)

    submitted by /u/calamercor
    [link] [comments]

    I couldn't find a field of cabbages, but here's my Darkness cosplay! [Konosuba]

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 01:10 PM PST

    DR decided to get some new funky style this year (DX11 bug)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 03:08 AM PST

    The Olmakhan of Elona have discovered the meta permafrost dye and have adjusted their outfits accordingly (dx11 texture bug)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 07:09 PM PST

    Goodbye, Bonus World Chests. You will be missed.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 12:23 PM PST

    Name a Memorable Experience You Had!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 12:54 PM PST

    Name something that happened in game that you will never forget. This could be an event that brought out any emotion from you, not just joy or anger!

    Here is mine:

    For half of my childhood, I played GW1. It was the coolest game ever (only second to Left 4 Dead, but I think that's just because I liked fighting zombies). However, once I hit middle school and high school, I had stopped playing because I became occupied with school and sports.

    I came back to the game after about five years only to find out that they made a second one! GW2 had everything! You could jump. You could dodge. You could move around while fighting. You could play with others, even if you aren't in the same guild or party. You could play other races that weren't human. But most of all, YOU COULD SWIM! Oh man, I was so excited to swim. That was one of the only things I didn't like about the OG game.

    Anyway, I naturally chose the salad people, as one does. Now, imagine this:

    Freshly level 16, and confident that I mastered underwater fighting and swimming. I took those krait down with no problem and I was ready for more. Going into the next map, I immediately see a giant lake! Here I am all, "Hehehe, I'm ready to swim again! This stuff is easy!" Can you picture the mortification (and shock) that I had when I was immediately downed and killed by ravenous fresh water sharks?

    I avoided shark infested waters for about a month after that. It wasn't until I faced Orr, the entirety of Ascalon, and the dredgehaunt cliffs that I felt ready to face my fears. Returning, I was freshly level 80 and confident that I would kick some shark ass. And I did.

    This is extremely memorable to me because I was just so shocked by what happened that it traumatized me at first. Now I can only laugh because, "Kai, there are worse things in this game but you chose to be scared of the sharks?" It is just a funny experience to look back to and I almost always laugh out loud while thinking of it.

    submitted by /u/vindikai
    [link] [comments]

    Dear Anet, please add a "Consume all" option for adding Raid/Fractel Kp to a guild! FML

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 06:17 AM PST

    The gw2 community wishes you a happy new year

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 03:10 PM PST

    Take a moment, sit back, and remember 2012 Guild Wars 2

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 12:27 PM PST

    Remember the times before the expansions? Before the elite specs? Gameplay only with core classes? Dungeons were the hardest content. Haha, good 'ol times!

    submitted by /u/Melbourne_Australia
    [link] [comments]

    We fly together!

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 12:04 AM PST

    Hi! Got a kalimba for Christmas and my first song had to be a Guild Wars one. Couldn't find any tabs, but managed to come up with this, thought I'd share. Happy New Year! :)

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 06:34 AM PST

    POV: You try to get your friends to try GW2

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 02:51 PM PST

    Something is supposed to happen according to That_Shaman

    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 02:48 AM PST

    What do you think that it could be? In my opinion a release date would be the maximum.

    https://twitter.com/that_shaman/status/1477400976101421059

    submitted by /u/Raitofc
    [link] [comments]

    Beetle League stage 2: an epic race duel

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 08:23 AM PST

    Old player looking to try get back into GW2 but not sure how to approach it or where to start.. Any advice?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2022 01:43 AM PST

    Hey all, old veteran GW2 player from like 2015-2012 here and interested in looking for get back into GW2. Have alot of max levels characters with tons of ascended gear etc and used to be heavily invested in WvW.

    Now I'd like to come back and play abit of everything, PvE, Raids, WvW, Spvp, but I'm not really sure where to start;

    - My bags are full

    - My bank is full

    - Everything is full!

    - I'm not sure where to go or what to do

    - I have tons of gearsets that I'm not even sure if I need anymore

    - Currently I'm just in LA not sure what to do :D

    So it's all pretty overwhelming as I'd love to give GW2 another go but have no idea where to start haha,

    Any advice or players in similar situations thoughts would be appreciated <3

    (I have and played HoT but have only done the smallest amount in PoF)

    submitted by /u/Castricius
    [link] [comments]

    Need opinions from experienced or veterans on what to save for....

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 07:18 PM PST

    Long story short, I live in a country where it's 1 to 5 dollar ratio so I can't buy stuff outright. Right now I got some cash for xmas and I'm saving for more. With that, I need help on what to purchase which would provide more "bang for my buck". If I continue saving by mid-jan I could probably get one of the two options:

    1. raw gems to get maybe 1 or 2 Living Worlds, preferably the one with the dragon mount and Ascended weapon farm. I hear they go on sale every now and again, so I'd wait on that to maximize how many I can get.
    2. End of Dragons standard expansion. They said there would be a flying turtle mount so it kinda overrides the dragon. Though I still dont know HOW you get the turtle or what kind of investment is required.

    I can only buy one so I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me a sort of "weigh-in" on which would be better. I don't know what End of Dragons provides outside the flying turtle, so have no idea if ascended gear becomes easier to get with it. I'm still new to this game and have none of the LW content, so take that into account as well since I can't even afford Griffon mount with that insane 200g price.

    Feel free to be as detailed as you like since purchases of this kind of value for me are like one every six months, maybe, so I need to be critical on investments.

    submitted by /u/Bossmantho
    [link] [comments]

    pls help, beginner.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 11:53 PM PST

    Hello, I am a beginner in the MMORPG world and GW2 is the game I decided to play first. I read the beginners tutorial but I just wanna know from ya'll about what I should keep in mind before I start playing. Any tips are fine. I'm so excited to play and make new friends! Sorry for the bad English, it's not my native language.

    Edit: I'm also not familiar with video games in general and I suck at combat games.

    submitted by /u/yeetyeet_weeb
    [link] [comments]

    Guess where this happened!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 07:47 PM PST

    Girlfriend draw my main guardian as a late christmas gift! I love how it turned out and wanted to share my excitement.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 04:16 PM PST

    Finally getting to play GW2

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 05:57 PM PST

    Played Guild Wars and loved it. Finally getting to play GW2! Definitely late but better than never! Going to be a good start to the new year

    submitted by /u/NoScallion9294
    [link] [comments]

    Get back here ��

    Posted: 31 Dec 2021 08:40 AM PST

    Living World on a new account

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 05:42 PM PST

    Hi there,

    I'm hoping you can help me.

    A friend of mine has expressed an interest in purchasing Guild Wars 2 as I rave about the story quite a bit. I told them to hold for because I'm not sure what the situation is with new players and the living world.

    I went through and counted, there are 27 episodes of living world which look like they would need to be purchased for 200 gems each. Would my friend be required to spend 5400 gems in addition to buying the game to go through living world S2, S3 and Icebrood?

    because you would have to buy the 8000 gem pack which is £85?

    submitted by /u/shinnon
    [link] [comments]

    So I thought bots in pvp would be gone by today? Guess I was wrong.

    Posted: 01 Jan 2022 05:36 PM PST

    The biggest bot provider of GW2 shut down today so I thought bots would be gone.

    I played 10+ matches today and there's still the same bots in the game.

    I saw the 3 same mirage bots that I encountered in the last days as well. Reacting instantly, bursting down everyone, hard to kill.

    Idk why anet doesn't do anything about bots... It literally ruins the game.

    submitted by /u/IcyPhil
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment