• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 29, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 29, 2022

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 29, 2022


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - January 29, 2022

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    First day on guild wars 2 and I already feel more welcome than any other mmo <3

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 11:17 PM PST

    As the title says today was my first official day of guild wars 2, I'm an ex wow player who decided to switch games and today is going in the memory book for sure!

    Well I was out doing some challenges to complete a part of the map I was working on when suddenly I heard a HUGE roar and I decided to go check it out and apparently there was a world boss, after like 5 minutes of like a hundred of us killing this boss we got some rewards and I was so amazed!!!

    Anyways I decided to say to the people around me that I was already liking this game way more than I expected and that I thought it was so cool and how I had just gotten out of wow. And a soul dms me and asks if I'm new and he proceeds to ask some questions and things and ends up helping me with all of my questions for the game and was super nice and helpful, got me a few leather bags and like 250 dyes for some armor.

    I am extremely thankful for this guy and he showed me so many awesome things and I truly cannot wait to log back in tomorrow and grind my way to 80 to start the path of fire expansion to start unlocking mounts :))) anyways thank you to the random stranger today who decided to help me out and I can't wait to see what this game has to offer.

    submitted by /u/muffin_head87
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost Sarah Kerrigan(Starcraft) Cosplay

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 12:31 AM PST

    Starting an he man cosplay^^

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 12:16 AM PST

    My Aurene statue arrived today. Honestly, I am a bit shocked and disappointed.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:19 AM PST

    QoL suggestion: "You already know all recipes contained in this book" / "You already own all skins contained in this selection box"

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 09:12 AM PST

    Bascially title.

    GW2 offers so much quality of life features and convinience, how come this is not a thing? I imagine it wouldn't be too much effort to implement such a message in the tooltip of a recipe book / weapons choice chest / armour choice chest, but save countless players a lot of time.

    So yeah, this would be a gread addition :)

    submitted by /u/Patron03041
    [link] [comments]

    ANET, can we get a setting to allow our cursor prioritize enemies instead of players/NPCs when clicking to target?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:38 AM PST

    Easiest class for a 60+ year old who's never gamed before?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 04:24 AM PST

    So my mum is going through some things right now and feeling down so I suggested she joined me in Tyria for a little bit to take her mind off things and I feel like it would be a game she'd genuinely enjoy.

    We wouldn't be doing anything crazy, mainly exploring the open world and doing bits and bobs. I have a fully levelled Necro but I have no clue what would be the best class for her? Something that is simple with not a ton of mechanics to worry about. I haven't touched any other classes so not sure which has the simplest set up.

    (I'm low-key doubting her ability to even move around, if you see someone in the starter zones running against a wall and manically jumping it's probably my mum)

    Any advice would be greatfully appreciated!

    tl;dr: mum's never played an MMO before, class with simplest mechanics with fewest combos + simplest skills?

    submitted by /u/athenia96
    [link] [comments]

    [Ns] Skorvald Duo - 2:38

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 09:10 AM PST

    Ren: https://youtu.be/uhYI6zCvk1Q

    Mirage: https://youtu.be/n9DK5aHqDGE

    Hey guys,

    we came up with the idea of splitting for the second split phase, each doing 2 islands separately, instead of going through all 4 together. Since Renegade is much faster on the adds because of higher burst he took the rift back to the boss, while the Mirage used a portal to skip that travel time. Another thing we did to save time was to consistently jump into the rifts as low as we could to skip the animation of the rift lifting you up before launching you.

    ​ There are some elements of synergy between Renegade and Mirage: - dedicated Might class allows Ren to bring LL (DPS trait) instead of Vindication (self-might trait) - Razorclaw would normally not be worth casting in a duo but the clones also acted as targets to proc it - most importantly, Renegade carries the adds where Mirage has slow ramp time and low vuln output. ​

    The Mirage was also responsible for most of the Might and Alacrity, while the Ren provided Vuln and covered any Might/Alacrity gaps. We also had near permanent Quickness with the help of Time Warp and Sigil of Celerity. The Aegis from Mirage Staff was also useful for the last phase. By stacking we could block the first knockback to increase DPS uptime, even though only the Ren got it in this attempt because of the RNG nature of staff. ​

    Hope you enjoy!

    submitted by /u/FennecOwO
    [link] [comments]

    Revenant Mace 2 has a bugged texture

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 05:13 AM PST

    The "issue" with Gw2 and new players

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 02:14 AM PST

    I've been playing this game on and off for 9 years now. Furthermore, I've tried and played for quite a lot of time almost every other MMO in the market, private servers of some MMOs and even instance based multiplayer games (Warframe, Vindictus, Dragon Nest, C9 etc)

    I'm prefacing with the above so my argument / opinion here isn't discarded as rumblings from the get go. It's still an opinion however.

    I've had many friends and people I know try Guild Wars 2 over the years, some before the expansions, some after both and some that tried is as F2P.

    Some of them were already coming from other MMOs and some were starting as brand new players with no previous experience.

    Even with the above distinction, the paramount issue both "categories" faced is the same, lack of direction.

    Lack of direction and guidance is the factor that has driven away from the game every friend who didn't have the time or my guidance to be able to...basically know what they can do next.

    I'm not talking about buying LWS3 and 4 or learning about Gw2Efficiency or the vast amount of informational (but useful) vomit (for inexperienced people) that are Metas and Timers.

    I'm seriously talking about the basic act of leveling, lack of tutorials of every aspect in the game including crafting (yes you really need a guide on the internet on how to get to 450 or 500 first and then guides for every other thing you want to craft), confusing interface and horizontal progression.

    Every single one of the friends that are still playing or have quit the game were asking me "what do I do now", after boosting to 80 or getting to 80 through exping they all have the same question, and the game doesn't provide you with any answer.

    I and many more don't mind constantly alt-tabbing and checking timers or googling everything we want to do and how to do it and where to do it. The thing is, we know what we want to do and then figure out a way to do it. Newcomers have absolutely no idea what they can do or what they should do and the game doesn't help at all.

    My solution:

    Upgrade the content guide to feature useful info and guidance through the in-game interface. Builds and Traits are, in almost every MMO, something you will need to look for on the web so let's not include that.

    Some useful info:

    1) "What are World Bosses?", possible rewards shown through icons, where you can find some of them and a mention they spawn sporadically.

    2) "What are Fractals?" Explaining what 1-25 means and what tiers are, possible rewards shown through icons, where to enter Fractals and LFG guidance to enter with a group.

    3) Optional Mission to join a Guild. Every guild in the game that I have joine is FILLED with people who want to help and will provide assistance with anything a person asks. This can literally be the factor of someone staying and learning about the game or just leaving.

    4) "What are META events?" Possible rewards shown through icons, some maps that have Meta events and a short explanation.

    5) HOW TO CRAFT STUFF AND IN GAME CRAFTING GUIDE. Every time I have to tell someone who is not technologically inclined that they need to insert their API key on a website that will calculate every gold they need and every step they'll have to take to max their crafting archetype and then look up another guide to go from 450 to 500 and then inform them that everything they want to craft is something they have to Google how and for maximum efficiency they need to search first if it's even worth it to just buy it from the TP instead of taking the time to craft it.

    It's so stupidly complicated that even I who play this game for 9 years have barely crafted anything even though I've maxed my crafting stuff.

    It shouldn't be this way. I understand this isn't for everyone, but it shouldn't be the way it is now...

    6) Menu Interface explanation in the beginning. People asking what an icon does shouldn't be a thing. People asking information on WvW, PvP or the Store is much better and doesn't require a lot of questions. PvP e.g and Store are pretty self explanatory.

    7) What are Raids and how to access them. NPC raid training tutorial with a super easy boss and gradual mechanic explanation. Green circles, red circles, stacking and dodging etc.

    8) How to make daily 2 Gold: Guide on Daily 2 Gold achievement (nobody asks about it and nobody knows this unless they are told about it or stumple upon it through the Achievements tab). This also prompts the new players to ask "How do I make more?" which is something that gives them objective in the game.

    And last but not least, please, please give away every episode of LWS2, 3 and 4. New players EVEN those who buy the expansions have to either pay or have their progression blocked by a Gold sink paywall. These stories have been out for so long, it is ridiculous not to provide them with their respective expansions.

    I know most people won't read this wall of text so the TLDR is:

    Newcomers stop playing the game because they have no idea what to do after 80, I offer my thoughts on things that I think would help a newcomer. Also LWS2, 3 and 4 should be unlocked with expansions.

    This isn't super detailed, but I am not tasked with providing specific game design changes. I can offer feedback and only hope enough people chip in the conversation on how to make this game better for Newcomers.

    Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

    submitted by /u/AmIJustAnotherPerson
    [link] [comments]

    Overwhelmed by variety of currencies and resources

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 11:08 PM PST

    I'm a semi new player, I've got a lvl 80 reaper necro and going through HoT at the moment. I'm just absolutely overwhelmed by the number of resources and currencies this game throws at players. How do players know what to keep and what to discard? Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Im-The-Gray-Fox
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling engineer

    Posted: 28 Jan 2022 06:19 PM PST

    First time playing this game and I have to say, leveling engineer is the coolest stuff, the amount of stuff you can do with not only a lot of turrets, but his kit's mechanics. Can't wait to see it specialiazations in lvl 80!

    submitted by /u/-MouseTasche-
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for Engineer-theme items/gadgets

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 09:01 AM PST

    I'm currently having blast with Holosmith and Scrapper and I thought it's time to show some more love for my character by dressing her up with engineer-theme items. I know the Plasma weapon skins are some of the thematically related items to Engineer. There is also Mark Y Golem backpack I'm planning to get. Are there any other tech-like skins like these in-game?

    submitted by /u/Capital-Push-1829
    [link] [comments]

    Staff Master achievement done by Holosmith

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 06:45 AM PST

    Some storage-related questions

    Posted: 29 Jan 2022 05:52 AM PST

    Hello all,

    I am a GW2 veteran who hasn't really played PvE for like 5 years. As the new xpac is soon arriving, I have decided to pimp up my account with some extra storage space. What are the upgrades from gemstore that are most valuable? I was thinking about getting the account jump start pack, however, I am not really sure if revenant will stay my main for PvE with EoD... That leads me to the fact bag expansions might not be the best option. I currently have 5x20 slot bags, but on longer runs it doesn't seem enough (maybe I store too much junk?). At least one bank expansion seems to be neccessary as I have lots of Ascended containers and Black Lion items. Also, is the material storage expansion worth it? I am full of Obsidian Shards forever for example, and don't think I will use them in the near future..

    Also, how often are these items on discount? Thanks a lot for your help.

    submitted by /u/emilybluntforeal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment