• Breaking News

    Monday, December 20, 2021

    Guild Wars Finally got around to doing it...

    Guild Wars Finally got around to doing it...


    Finally got around to doing it...

    Posted: 19 Dec 2021 02:31 PM PST

    Finally got around to doing it...

    For the last couple of years of semi-regular casual play, I had only a few areas to go for my first Tyrian (and with it, Legendary) Vanquisher. Kessex, some Shiverpeak stuff, and four in Ascalon.

    Today... it was only the Ascalon areas that were left. So I traveled to Yak's, grabbed a couple of heroes, and set out for Flame Temple, Dragon's Gullet, Breach and good ol' Old Ascalon. And then I had my boyfriend tag along, as he was watching me via Discord. He's never played GW, but spent a lot of time in GW2, so we spent 4+ hours just chatting and reminiscing about everything and anything, mostly GW(2) related. Introducing him to the wonders of a 16 year old game. And when the final Hulking Stone was found and slain in an overlooked path, it was done. Favor restored, titles finished...and quite poetically in the very same spot where it all started 16 and a half years ago.

    It was lovely. Such an awesome feeling, only surpassed by being able to share it. "It" being the vanquishing...and the beginning of Wintersday. Gosh, these decorations still get me every time...and had my boyfriend just as amazed.

    Thank you, r/GuildWars for reviving my love for this game post by post over the past couple of months. And thank you to my wonderful boyfriend, who introduced me to this sub and spent a lovely sunday evening with me.

    Happy Wintersday to everyone! May Dwayna (or Grenth) be with you!

    https://preview.redd.it/xds4zam4tk681.jpg?width=562&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f4abaa2b6838833caff2dca2ac5ab6a1f63e2a34

    https://preview.redd.it/1vzk6xl4tk681.jpg?width=437&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=407eb5e52a44343f81ea11c7e7b1de99b9618088

    submitted by /u/kaehvogel
    [link] [comments]

    Has the drop rate from Vaettir farming been nerfed?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2021 10:26 AM PST

    I used to run out to farm vaettirs to collect drops from events. However, I tried about 10 runs today, and it seems like there are no Wintersday drops, and only a few golds. It used to be a lot better - was something changed?

    submitted by /u/Bloopwez1974
    [link] [comments]

    What's happening at Jade Quarry?

    Posted: 20 Dec 2021 12:41 AM PST

    So I just got back into the game, and I was surprised to see to see so many people still playing jade quarry.
    After like 15 games I was even more surprised to see that I was winning them all and that others were so bad at the game...

    So what's happening? Am I the only human in a sea of poorly made bots?

    submitted by /u/iaskip
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Steam openSUSE

    Posted: 19 Dec 2021 01:56 PM PST

    Hi. Im using openSUSE and playonlinux to Run guild Wars. But sometimes the Game will not start and i have to install it again. Im not an linux expert. So i wonder if i buy guild wars in steam, can i use my old Account or do i have to use the new one that comes with the steam game?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/marcel_771
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment