• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 14, 2021

    Guild Wars Completed Prophecies - Solo Ironman Monk

    Guild Wars Completed Prophecies - Solo Ironman Monk


    Completed Prophecies - Solo Ironman Monk

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 01:35 AM PST

    Hello again!

    This time I've completed Prophecies solo with Monk (Youtube Playlist). Last time it was with Elementalist (https://redd.it/q2yfwb). My plan moving forward is to beat prophecies with all 6 classes. This makes 2 of 6.


    So this run is a little different than my Elementalist run. For starters, I used /bonus to get the Fire Imp summoning stone, a +30 HP shield, and a decent Mesmer weapon. This is because this run wasn't meant to be as strict as typical runs since I had a different (and quite ambitious) goal in mind: Beat the game without any deaths.

    Surprisingly, I got all the way to Dragon's Lair before dying. But once I did die, I gave up on caring about deaths and just died frequently. It was still a difficult task though. I don't think anyone has ever beat the game solo without deaths yet. I'll likely attempt it again at some point, now using what I learned from this run to do it.

    All other rules apply:

    • No player interaction.
    • No heroes or henchman unless required for a quest but must be used as minimally as possible.
    • No traders that have prices or stock affected by players.
    • No bank usage.
    • No skills out of order or previously account unlocked skills.
    • No event items or quests, but weekly bonuses are allowed.

    Another unique aspect of this run is that I completed all the missions as Mo/Me, which to me is an extremely strong combo. Although running was done with Mo/R (to Copperhammer for 15 attribute quest and THK). Mesmer secondaries seem to be the way to go for Wastrel's Worry, interrupts, and an increased movement speed skill. It's especially strong with classes that can prevent spells being casted on them (Ele with Obsidian Flesh and Monk with Spell Breaker).

    As for loot, I was fortunate to get a Superior Vigor in Thirsty River (it's in the VOD at the necro boss), but never got a Superior Divine Favor Rune for Spell Breaker nor did I get enough insignias to be really decked out. A few more radiant insignias really would've been nice as I was about -5 energy from what I would've liked to have been even after completing the game.

    Also, I streamed the last two missions yesterday on my twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/serial_experiments), where I added a lot of commentary for what I'm doing and why, as well as some chill music. That commentary is also on the Youtube videos for Abandon's Mouth (about 30 mins in) and Hell's Precipice.


    A few more people have picked up the solo itch, which has been awesome! The more the merrier. The same old discord for solo players is still active (linked in previous post) and we've even started a wiki!

    submitted by /u/L4in
    [link] [comments]

    My errors continue to accumulate.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 12:42 PM PST

    Tried a speed run with heroes...

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 08:18 PM PST

    Trying to return to GW1

    Posted: 14 Nov 2021 01:27 AM PST

    I am trying to Return to gw1, is there an active Guild?

    submitted by /u/sensorax
    [link] [comments]

    Any decent sized collections of wallpapers for Guild Wars 1 ONLY (No GW2?)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 11:58 AM PST

    So, I'm getting way into Guild Wars, and part of getting into a game for me is finding a grip of wallpapers and putting them on random/turn a picture screensaver on. However, I can't seen to find any collections that aren't "littered" (excuse the pejorative term) with Guild Wars 2 wallpapers. Anyone have any ideas?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Whidmark
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to escape from the Battle Isles? Softlocking a character.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 04:10 PM PST

    If you have a character go to the guild hall from the Monastery Overlook, and then have them ferried to anywhere else in the battle isles, they can't use the GH return function to go back to where they were. Since they don't have any outposts unlocked, you cannot "unferry" them back with another character.

    Anyone have any ideas on how to get them to escape?

    Notes:

    1. Tyrian characters in Embark Beach can escape by themselves on April 1st, since the April Fools' Day quests give you access to the prophecies map and all Tyrian characters will have Ascalon City unlocked immediately after leaving pre. (They can also get a ferry back at any point).

    2. Elonian characters can get ferried back into the Island of Shehkah by another character currently there, giving you a party in the tutorial instance. Any Elonians who have completed the tutorial already will get instantly ported to Chahbek Village after the intro cutscene.

    3. Monastery Overlook has a party size of 1, preventing that tactic from working.

    4. Leveling and Skill acquisition are both possible, assuming you have someone to ferry you around the Isles. you can get EXP from Heroes' Ascent and you'll have full access to storage and traders from Embark Beach.

    5. You can get access to the Canthan map via Alliance Battles or by ferrying them from Embark Beach to the Deep / Urgoz with a scroll, but since they don't have any outposts you cannot get them home.

    submitted by /u/H0rrible
    [link] [comments]

    Gorens Stuff pt 1

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 08:54 AM PST

    Did anyone else run into the issue of this moron NPC pulling a Leeroy Jenkins and charging headfirst into a massive group of mobs just to get himself killed? He's done the same thing twice in the same spot, after 30 minutes of running him all over the place to look for his armor. It's made me rage quit both times because it just feels so out of my control. I didn't even fuckin want Gorens useless ass, I meant to get Norgu but I fucked up.

    submitted by /u/treflipsbro
    [link] [comments]

    Dervish assassin?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 07:49 AM PST

    Hi, I should know this by now, but it it possible to make a D/A without going through the Nightfall primary quests (which force you to choose a secondary Nightfall profession)? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PerceptionBusy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment