• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 24, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Discussion on how to handle gameplay spoilers

    Guild Wars 2 Discussion on how to handle gameplay spoilers


    Discussion on how to handle gameplay spoilers

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 12:00 PM PDT

    As moderator from time to time you come have things come up which you haven't prepared for. This year it happened to be the leaking of all of the EoD elite spec weapons.

    Leaks have always been allowed here, given they have at least some ground and not just wish-posting, but this was leaked in-game confirming it being real. We thought about it with the team and decided to put the leak under the spoiler umbrella to give visitor a chance to enjoy the proper reveal events and get it as a surprise.

    This was something we did back on PoF launch with the griffon being a hidden mount (which was spoiler tagged for a week), so with the EoD on the horizon and leaks being confirmed by Anet we would like to gauge the reception to our way of handling spoilers regarding gameplay. **We are not touching the current story spoilers,** this is just for things like elite specs, or any hidden things that End of Dragons might bring us.

    • Did spoiler tagging the leaks help you enjoy the official releases more?
    • Did it make you hate browsing here?
    • What do you think would be the right way to handle things?
    • Should we even bother?

    ---

    TL:DR; We put the elite spec leaks under the spoiler tag, what did you think about this? How do you feel about it now?

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Can we please get realistic looking weapons in addition to the high fantasy ones?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 02:22 AM PDT

    I know that this game is mainly high fantasy in design, and I'm totally fine with that. What got me thinking about this however was when I was looking for an appropriate looking offhand axe for my Charr ranger. I'm quite fond of bearded axes, so I scoured the web to see if the game had anything with that anesthetic, but all I found were endless pictures of the most gaudy looking axes I could possibly imagine. That's fine for people who want that look, but I just wanted something without an axe head covered in jewls or a ridiculous size. I eventually went with the bandit one since that was the least gaudy besides the default skin.

    The same goes for some of the other weapons such as swords. I only have seen one sword that looks like a decent semi realistic hand-and-a-half sword and that is the default one. A little more variety on some plain looking weapons would be pretty cool in my opinion without putting spikes and jewelry all over it. In the art on a loading screen I saw a big Norn warrior holding a formidable, plain yet elegant looking longsword and I wept a little inside knowing that I could never get a character with that kind of look.

    submitted by /u/Thestooge3
    [link] [comments]

    I just want my Gift of Battle for Legendaries :(

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 03:05 PM PDT

    I am sad that ANet tease us with things like these and abandoning it later

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 12:14 AM PDT

    It was during this scene that I felt a huge adrenalin rush . That was so much fun!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    Golem goes BRRR

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:56 AM PDT

    Elder Dwagons [OC] [ART]

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Thieves: Wait! There are stats other than Berzerker and Viper?!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    Imagine you could sit there today

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 12:45 AM PDT

    Got my reaper main commissioned!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 10:31 AM PDT

    This user seems to be stuck in an endless loop of harvesting and warping :D

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 12:09 AM PDT

    My friend drew Lotus Victoria, my Daredevil Asura.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    Saw a group of ~15 afk botters. Reported and logged out for a couple of hours, came back and they are all still in EXACT positions. Anet pls.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I just played my first PvP Match in 9 years and lord, that was awesome

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 03:58 AM PDT

    I got Guild Wars 2 in 2012, just a few weeks after release. That time, Guild Wars 2 was my first real MMORPG. I didn't knew about stuff like „builds" or anything, I was a total noob.

    I saw that there was a PvP mode and decided to try it out. And man, needless to say I got my ass kicked. „Okay" I thought, „PvP sucks."

    For the next 9 years I didn't play any PvP. I completely blended out it was part of the game. Recently I made a post that I don't know what to do anymore in this game.

    Today I was bored and for the first time since 2012 I decided to play some PvP. I didn't expect much since I play a power berzerk with a raid dps build.

    I played two matches and oh lord that was so fun and the most adrenaline I had since /r/titanfall . In my first match I did 14 kills... xD.... my first match in 9 years and I play with a PvE build... and do 14 kills. I don't know if this is good and I don't care, but I had A LOT of fun.

    Just wanted to share that with you! :)

    submitted by /u/Melbourne_Australia
    [link] [comments]

    How getting daily Candy Craver feels.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    (GW2) THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 01:44 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5Mf8Rv2VqY

    My friend made awesome video within GW2 so here is link.

    Enjoy :)

    submitted by /u/kiranslee
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars 2 First Steps

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Fashion Wars inspiration for the new Elite Spec Weapons!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Since we have a bunch of new specs and weapons types that people might not be familiar with, I threw together some 'fashion wars' with some of my favorite weapons skins! Hopefully, it inspires you for your own looks, or you can go ahead and suggest your own favorite skins!

    (I tried to stay away from gemstore skins but a few snuck in, sorry about that.)

    Specter Scepter

    Vindicator Greatsword

    Mechanist Mace

    Untamed Hammer

    Catalyst Hammer

    Harbinger Pistol

    Bladesworn Pistol

    Willbender Sword

    Virtuoso Dagger

    submitted by /u/tryhardarchitect
    [link] [comments]

    [UAoT] Spooky Halloween Contest

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Just a buncha lil doodled jerks

    Posted: 23 Oct 2021 08:40 AM PDT

    Getting Runes of Supreme Holding outside of ecto gambling?

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Do you think there should be another way of getting Supreme Runes of Holding? Right now, the only way to get them is in game gambling with gold and ectos or buy them from the trading post. If you want to make a 32 bag, it'll set you back 150 gold on the trading post alone. It shouldn't be easy but maybe one where it either doesn't cost as much or maybe even a crafting option? What you guys think?

    submitted by /u/GrimmyHendrix
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Keybinding issue!

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    Hello fellas,

    after coming back to guildwars 2 after 7 years almost,

    I wanted to check out my elementalist again.

    I always had binded my 4 elementals on shift 1, shift 2, shift 3 and shift 4.

    Unfortunatly, my "dodge" bind was always shift aswell in any game.

    I can't remember how I used to handle this issue back in the days, but everytime I swap my elementals (with shift 1234) my character also automatically dodges/rolls.

    Is there a way - besides swap binds - to prevent this issue?

    Thanks for your time and have a great day!

    submitted by /u/Blessedlol
    [link] [comments]

    Banned from the game for supposed fraud.

    Posted: 24 Oct 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    Hello gw2 community.

    I know people here is skeptical with such titles but please I ask you to hear my plea.

    I had my gw2 account with thousands hours of playtime. I was grinding several icebrood events and pvp for gold and legendary armor and my account was closed for security purpose a while back.

    I contacted support for this and been informed that a foreign cc info was used on my account and it was closed indefinitely. They told me that further responses may not be answered.

    As I was saying I played this for a long time. Had only a couple of friends and grind most items mysrlf without purchasing. All my transactions was done by my personal cc that i had when applying for my job.

    I informed the team that i used only one cc for my purchases and provided tgem the receipts i found. They informed me a cc ending with "9" that was issued on foreign country was used. I asked all my friends about their bank info and none of us have foreign accounts i didnt even went abroad in any time.

    Iam just shut down now i just want to save my characters and proggression. They can sgut down my transaction rights if its gonna help. They want me to provide info of the foreign bank account but Iam unable to do so as I have no knowledge of it and didnt make any transactions with any other cc other than mine.

    Is there anyone went through similar process? I searched some legal way to solve this but read company has right to terminate accounts on bank issues. Can someone show me a way to restore my chars?

    Thanks for reading and have a good day.

    submitted by /u/AnarchistMole
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment