• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 5, 2021

    Guild Wars I will leave this here...

    Guild Wars I will leave this here...


    I will leave this here...

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    Tannakai Temple HM hero competition

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:24 AM PDT

    This competition will involve one player and seven heroes running the Tahnnakai Temple mission in HM in the fastest time possible. This competition is open to all and free to participate in.

    Prizes*:

    • 1st 20 ectos
    • 2nd 10 ectos
    • 3rd 5 ectos
    • There will be an additional prize of 5 ectos to the player with the most interesting build as judged by me

    Rules:

    Banned

    • These skills will be banned: "By Ural's Hammer!", Energy Surge and Heroic Refrain
    • There will also be a restriction imposed on the total number of Domination Magic skills available. The team build will have access to no more than 9 domination skills
    • All forms of consumables are banned (including alcohol)

    Everything else is allowed, including mercernaries

    Submission:

    Please send a screenshot to me (ign: Multicoloured Sin or Vk Vk Vk Vk Vk) which includes /age or toolbox time. I would also ask that you make your hero builds visible on this screenshot. I will collect these screenshots and post them on reddit in a week's time along with the winners of the competition.

    The deadline for screenshot submission will be 12/08/2021 1300 GMT (08/12/2021 1300 GMT in USA format)

    * apologies that the prize pool is quite small I only do fowsc and with buying cons this is actually surprisingly quite unprofitable. If anyone wants to donate ectos to the prize pool that would be really appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Huggsybear1
    [link] [comments]

    Returning player after 15 Years!

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    Hello New Friends!

    Very exciting to join the community again after so long. I'm amazed that people are still playing this and it seems more people are deciding to return.

    I was able to actually remember my original account and everything and man is the nostalgia wild!

    I just made a new character on prophecies and would love to join a relaxed guild to chat/quest with, and ultimately relive my childhood some.

    I have 804 hours logged from back then and 2 level 20's (Warrior/Monk and Ranger/Ele) and a few characters on the expansions too.

    My new character is a Necromancer/Mesmer level 5 right now. My IGN is Vikktor Vile if you wanna add me.

    Thanks for the read and happy playing <3

    submitted by /u/SharkAttackx
    [link] [comments]

    Are there mods for colorblind people?

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 01:03 PM PDT

    Hey,
    it's a bit niche maybe, but are there mods to make GW easier for colorblind people like myself?
    My biggest issue are the vanquishing icons on the map. I have a hard time seeing which maps I have vanquished. -.-

    Is there a mod that just changes one the of the two icons?

    submitted by /u/HansWursT619
    [link] [comments]

    Returning and clueless.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    Hey! I haven't played GW1 since about 2010 and I decided to play it again because I had fond memories of the game.

    Are there any active groups outside of the sub? I'm at a bit of a loss on how to progress at a reasonable pace without the ability to trade or find people to do activities with and there's obviously a very small amount of people running around in game these days.

    I play GW2 casually and wanted to try to do some more stuff in the Hall as well while I was playing through again so any help with trades or just people to help do activities would be awesome.

    submitted by /u/EverythingIzAwful
    [link] [comments]

    Build advice

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    Hey guys. I'd like to ask for some build advice. I wanna give a bit of background first and my intentions, then ask a few specific question.

    I have a mesmer character. I've been running this (with resto necro or rit) for quite a while now, but I'm thinking about upgrading to this. I'd like it to be something that would give me as much chance to beat hm elite areas, which I haven't yet been able to. Mostly, I just need some hero and hero equipment advice, I'm fine with switching characters and changing builds, I just don't want to be changing gear or using bad heroes.

    • Which runes should I be using on my mesmers? +3 fast casting and dome, +1 ins and superior vigor give 380hp (leaving one rune slot open). Some people recommend vitae runes or even hp staves to get more hp, while others say less hp is better, so 40/40 and attunement. I know the difference is very small between +10 hp and +2 energy, but I'd like to hear what ppl think.
    • What runes (beside vigor and star) should I be using on other heroes? Vitae on bip and attunement on others?

    I'm pretty much settled on other gear stuff, but there's comp stuff, too.

    • I heard minion mancers in elite areas, is that true? The build I linked disposed of them.
    • Is one illusion mesmer generally good enough, or is it important to have more in some tough areas?
    • I heard you could switch out sos rit for another mesmer, but some said you definitely need 2 healers. Which is it?
    • Should I have a rit/monk for protection or not bother with it? I heard that it is important in some places.
    • I heard someplaces that sos sucks in hard areas. Is that true? What should I use instead?

    Finally, stuff pertaining to my character.

    • I'm currently running 16 dom, 15 fast casting and 0 inspiration. Is that really bad? I really don't like inspiration but I might use it if it's a lot better.
    • My bar is usually something like arcane echo, energy surge, usual dom stuff, glyph of lesser energy for energy, air of superiority and banner of wisdom. My problem is that I have no idea what to run as the third pve skill. I run the banner for the lack of a better idea. Is assassin support or standard of honor or ural's hammer or something else better? I really have no feeling on what's good or not and I feel like this slot should probably change often depending on what's going on. But I don't even know what's generally considered good.
    • Some people suggest playing melee even on casters to body block and stuff and slotting in a monk and whichever assassin spells to yourself. Should I do that? Is that considerably better than playing a normal caster?

    Thanks for whoever made it through this and gave advice. Hopefully it isn't stupid, I'm feeling embarrassed even just asking, but I need to quell my ocd.

    submitted by /u/TenshiKyoko
    [link] [comments]

    A new player wanting to finish the story

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! Ive started playing Guild Wars 1 over and over again throughout the years but never could get myself to finish it. The main reason was usually I couldn't make a decent enough team (Because im kinda bad at this ahaha) and somehow managed to get stuck in some fight that I couldn't pass and give up. I'm a huge fan of GW lore and have read all the books as well for GW2. With the new upcoming GW2 expansion I would finally like to finish all the stories in GW1 to learn more about Cantha and what happened here. Is there any good builds or guides or any help that can be just enough to get me through the story? Would really appreciate it.

    Edit: Thank you everyone for the good wishes !!

    submitted by /u/MarkerGg
    [link] [comments]

    Sandblasted Lodestone

    Posted: 04 Aug 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Anyone know a sin build I could use to farm these?

    submitted by /u/Clearly2020
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment