• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 31, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 I met my partner 4 years ago in this great game, and this last weekend, on the 9th anniversary, we finally tied the knot. Here's a picture I had commissioned of our characters 3 years ago

    Guild Wars 2 I met my partner 4 years ago in this great game, and this last weekend, on the 9th anniversary, we finally tied the knot. Here's a picture I had commissioned of our characters 3 years ago


    I met my partner 4 years ago in this great game, and this last weekend, on the 9th anniversary, we finally tied the knot. Here's a picture I had commissioned of our characters 3 years ago

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    Prime Gaming - Aurene Outfit

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 01:39 AM PDT

    After almost climbing up my way up to Platinum, the game told me "No"

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 07:01 AM PDT

    "Let me see what you have" "A KNIFE!" "NO!" (My mesmer is eager to be a virtuoso!)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 07:03 AM PDT

    I never noticed these two Dominion forces dancing in the Drizzlewood Coast!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    Kavakravata's Realistic ReShade Preset is officially live - Tutorial & Screenshots

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 05:20 AM PDT

    Kavakravata's Realistic ReShade Preset is officially live - Tutorial & Screenshots

    Hey people of Tyria!

    After many hours of tweaking and play testing, I've finally released my custom ReShade preset and I'm excited to show you guys how to use it yourselves. While GW2's untouched graphics are beautiful and hold up well to this day, I personally prefer a more toned down look.

    With that said, the preset was as mentioned made with the focus to tone (down) GW2's cartoony look and saturated colours, sharpen edges and generally make the game more atmospheric and realistic. (Also note that this ReShade preset does change a lot of GW2's original colours, e.g. the colour red is more orange than red with the preset on.)

    Tutorial

    It may look tricky, but it is actually super easy to install, let me show you how!

    1. Download my preset "Kavakravata's Realistic ReShade 1.0 preset" from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xhq2FZAVFkS9qbREy7fWGrl08nFNVOfD/view?usp=sharing
    2. Open GW2 and disable Post processing in the graphics menu (set it to none).
    3. Download the newest Reshade version from https://reshade.me/component/content/featured?Itemid=101
    4. Open it and install it on the Gw2-64 file (choose the file in the browser).
      1. In my case, found in C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2
    5. Select "Direct3D 9"
    6. Click Install and check all effect packages in the menu from the top down to (and including) "Shaders by brussel".
    7. Click "Ok" on all prompts.
    8. When done, close the ReShade installation menu.
    9. Drag my preset into the GW2 folder on the same level as the "reshade-shaders" folder.
      1. Once again, in my case C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2
    10. Copy the "reshade-shaders" folder AND the d3d9.dll file and paste them both in the bin64 folder - IMPORTANT
    11. Open GW2.
    12. If everything worked, ReShade should now pop up.
    13. Open it with the "HOME" key.
    14. Click skip tutorial, go to settings and choose keybinds for:
    15. Opening ReShade (I use HOME, i.e keep the keybind)
    16. Toggling presets (I use END)
    17. Go to the most left tab in Reshade and select my preset on the drop down menu (where it says "ReShadePreset").
    18. Voila, my preset is now active and you can enjoy the game.

    Note:

    • I run GW2 at max settings without post processing
    • If it looks too grainy / sharp - lower the sharpnes in the ReShade settings menu
    • If it is too desaturated or dark - fiddle with the settings in Lightroom (saturation / exposure)

    Screenshots

    Here are some screenshots for you to visualize what the game looks like with my preset on:

    https://preview.redd.it/sbvxoupkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=229631e467cd43bff818ee2d6e44d3e83e03a722

    https://preview.redd.it/bl6r01qkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=4eedbeb095b3796233980470d898bbe3d16353b4

    https://preview.redd.it/yuf7c0qkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=d5410f411ec1207917258086ae5675a93d9dc691

    https://preview.redd.it/ugwhxvpkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=4aeecba1d3298019693db529ad00fa0c1bc3213d

    https://preview.redd.it/tqatr2qkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=f7cefd670ee40375c65c308dabb53d9f18755044

    https://preview.redd.it/5d1kp9qkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=1c5e4f4a86bbb4a9e2c5acca4d31eab339011f23

    https://preview.redd.it/0afa6uqkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=84da7b63fa5acfe39ac1ed48ebec4e1ae5bfb947

    https://preview.redd.it/0z1l6zpkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=b7f6f0cc2f5cf88d6de8004b5586f8f0648fdb64

    https://preview.redd.it/lwu0q4qkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=08896799e08526b1c9ab77ca452878630e611454

    https://preview.redd.it/mdruc4qkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=4e179da25c93f2128d4298b66e560470f453d0a9

    https://preview.redd.it/3tqz64rkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=20800735f8bffa6c30c82485bb229518c74b1a14

    https://preview.redd.it/kz5mhypkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=da5bba379f597bd98edfcde720eca220994931a6

    https://preview.redd.it/bbst9xpkrok71.png?width=3440&format=png&auto=webp&s=4d8bcc9a2fcbe524a0bb1d9431c29d9ecf761720

    Q & A

    • "Will this get me banned?" - No, as it doesn't change any of GW2 original files, but as always, use it on your own risk.
    • "How can I take great screenshots of my character?`" - Open the ReShade menu and enable "DOF"
    • "What's the FPS loss?" - Depends on the graphics card, but I lose about 15 fps (from 99 -> 84) with my 3090 at 3440x1440 all max settings. Probably a lot lower fps loss without MXAO (which causes a bit flickering).
    • "My game's shadows flickers with the preset on." - This is because GW2 is an online game and as the depth access is restricted due to security reasons (prevent exploitation), MXAO flickers at times. If you don't like the occasional flicker, disable MXAO in the ReShade menu.
    • "Does it work in all areas of GW2?" - Big yes!
    • "I think it's too desaturated / dark etc" - Open the ReShade menu in-game and tune the colours and lightning in the Lightroom settings menu.
    • "How do I uninstall it?" - Open the ReShade installation file, select the gw64 file as before, and click uninstall ReShade.

    (I'm aware that this preset won't appeal to everyone, but if you happen to like the preset and think that it has improved your game, feel free to donate anything (I really love fashion wars haha) to my GW2 character. This preset took a lot of time to make and I just came back to the game after being hacked back in 2017 in the midst of crafting my first legendary weapon (lost Dawn), so any donation would be super appreciated. My EU IGN is LukaMrk.7980 (also, feel free to add me in-game!). Thanks a bunch in advance <3)

    Also one note before wrapping it up - I would LOVE to see your screenshots with this preset as well, so please post them here below if you got any cool ones to show!

    Thanks for reading this huge post, have wonderful day! :)

    submitted by /u/kavakravata
    [link] [comments]

    [OC] I drew another! This is Tethrius, who is my partners' character. Sylvari are fun to draw~ ��

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 08:50 PM PDT

    Apparently I put some stuff on sale back in 2012 on release...And it's still there?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Could we get a bank tab naming feature?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    Just a minor thing and obviously not something I expect to go to the top of their to-do list. But if we're gonna do another QoL bump with EoD I think this feature would be really cool.

    For those of us who have quite a few bank tabs (I'm 1 tab off the current cap), it would really be nice to be able to name tabs for an extra level of organisation. Pretty please? 😀

    submitted by /u/BlueRoo42
    [link] [comments]

    I lost the Match, but not really.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    The 1v1 and Guild Fights in WvW are really annoying and confusing

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 12:19 PM PDT

    When I'm roaming around and trying to actually play WvW and see a blob of my team fighting an enemy blob I of course want to go help, so I get involved and everyone stops fighting and starts giving out to me in the local chat for interfering with some guild fight AND I get bombed with whispers telling me I'm toxic, just because I want to help my team? It's the exact same with 1v1, I obviously want to help my teammate who appears to be getting rekt by a roamer but all of a sudden I'm a troll and toxic for daring to interfere with a 1v1.

    This sucks so freaking bad, especially when the enemy teams are actually playing the game mode properly and taking Towers and such while the only active blob on my team is just guild fighting somewhere. If new players wanted to get into WvW and they get called troll and toxic just for actively wanting to help your team then of course nobody is going to stick with the game mode.

    I'm sure Anet plan on doing something about it but these people are extremely toxic and are an honest eyesore to see.

    submitted by /u/sortacute
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 September Events Calendar! So, I made this for my guild and was encouraged to share it here. See comment below for a bit more info.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    Found this brilliant video for new players, it goes through GW2 content with in-depth explanations

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 05:06 PM PDT

    I'm really happy how this screenshot turned out. GW2's landscapes really are breathtaking at times.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Finally after a long journey I got my first legendary

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 10:05 AM PDT

    My Insert Coin Shirts came in! ArenaNet, please make more for End of Dragons!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    How long did it take YOU to git gud? My continual hike up the WvW learning curve.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    I'll start by saying this is a much faster MMO pvp that I'm used to. That being said, the only other MMO I've done PvP in was back around when WotLK dropped in WoW, so that's not exactly lightning fast.

    I've got a group of IRL friends and we made a guild cuz I'm in my thirties but apparently still want a clubhouse with my friends. A few weeks ago we started playing WvW for the first time ever and are having a blast, but BOY DO WE SUCK.

    We like roaming around, usually around 3-5 of us and it doesn't take much more than 2 people that know what they're doing to dumpster us. We're getting better I think, but it's rough. We're all on our first characters and haven't played much else, so there's more than two scoops of "doesn't know what the enemy players can do to me" that certainly contributes to our downfall. I've played enough competitive online gaming (OW mostly) to know the importance of counterplay.

    How long did it take you WvW roamers/harassers to feel comfortable in matchups? Would you suggest I try and play every class to learn how they work? Is the difference between ascended and exotic big enough to worry about?

    submitted by /u/c4k3falcon
    [link] [comments]

    Please give me tips on how to understand/play your class well.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    I just started playing 3 days ago and loving the game so far. But the combat I am doing right now is just spamming skills. I read the skills but I don't know the order to use them? Are there combos as well?

    I'm playing a level 15 necro with staff/dual daggers.

    Also the hero points low key confuses me on what to spend, maybe it's just me.

    I know I still suck at the game but is there any tips on how to play necro/mirage/guardian (might try it).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/luckyshot121234
    [link] [comments]

    Core Engineer traitlines

    Posted: 31 Aug 2021 06:24 AM PDT

    Hello I'm a new player and I'm enjoying engineer so far. Since I'm F2P I don't have access to the expansions. I'm waiting for a sale or when I reached 80, whatever comes first.That being said,What traitlines should I focus on while I level up. I'm thinking Alchemy, Explosives, Firearms in that order. I am also planning to do condi build as I level. Or do people usually go power when leveleling up as I heard that condi sucks pre-80 due to gear. Thank you and have a nice day.

    submitted by /u/ugniteous
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment