• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 31, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 31, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - July 31, 2021

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:00 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It's an emotional day. I FINALLY got my SkyScale!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    We tried to summon Zommoros?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    Information/Resources For New & Returning Players

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:26 AM PDT

    Hello Tyrians!

    With the announcement of Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons and the more recent first look livestream I have had a number of friends interested in the game ask me where to begin or stating how they feel lost. My initial thought was to make a message in Discord that I could send to all of them but the character limit and inability to edit hyperlink text made me look elsewhere. So here we are! This is tailored to answer questions from my friends but I hope others in the community find something useful in here too.

    LEVELING

    Renown Hearts | Dynamic Events | Event Timers | Dynamic Levels | Fastest Way To 80

    Guild Wars 2 offers a lot of freedom which is great but can be daunting for new players. I often get asked what to do, where to go, what is the fastest way to max level, and so on. The simplest answer is to complete renown hearts and dynamic events as you explore the beautiful world of Tyria and maybe even stumble onto a world boss. Make use of food, boosters, and the permanent +10% XP Gain from Nathan the Bartender located in any guild hall with the tavern unlocked. As you progress in the game and gain access to more items and unlocks you will find it easier to level alternate characters. So just admire the beauty and enjoy the ride. Or use the link provided and zoom on by. Play how you want.

    CLASS BUILDS

    Open World | Fractals | Raids | WvW

    Your character's build has a major impact on the gameplay you experience. For that reason it is important to choose a class with a playstyle you enjoy.

    I often see new players in starter zones asking what the best or most sought after class is in map chat. The true answer is game balance changes over time and no one class is always the top pick. That is why I always tell those players to pick what feels the most fun for them to play, especially since all classes can get through any content even if they are not the meta choice.

    Build or theory crafting is something many players, including myself, enjoy and I would recommend everyone give it a chance. That said, I know not everyone cares for that aspect of the game so links to the community's most used websites for builds have been provided above. Find a build you like and play to your heart's content.

    ONLINE RESOURCES

    Wiki | Efficiency | Crafting | Dailies | Farming | Dulfy | AyinMaiden | Tekkit | GuildJen

    The official wiki for Guild Wars 2 is by far the best I have seen for any game. With in-depth documentation on nearly everything you can be confident any question you will have an answer here. You can even use a chat command in-game to quickly search something. For example, /wiki stat swap to see the Mystic Forge recipe for changing the attributes on ascended quality gear.

    GW2 Efficiency is a great website that shows a whole plethora of information related to your account. It shows your account value, gives step-by-step instructions on how to craft whatever you desire, a display of all the materials you have, timers, dungeons, gathering routes, and so much more!

    The crafting link will take you to a website that shows the most cost effective path to level each crafting discipline.

    The dailies link will take you to a clean and simple website that shows the best places to complete your daily for your easy 2 gold. Waypoint chat code included!

    The farming link is everything you need to become efficient at farming. From builds and routes to the average profit per hour for each different farm listed. It is a great way to help you make gold.

    The Dulfy, AyinMaiden, Tekkit and GuildJen links will take you to websites that provide you with news, achievement/collection guides, videos, TacO markers, and more.

    THIRD-PARTY TOOLS

    Addon Manager | TacO | Blish HUD

    For most of your addon needs, the addon manager has you covered! It makes installing multiple addons hassle-free and easy to update them. You can click on each of them to read their descriptions but I do recommend GW2 Radial and ArcDPS for most. If you are looking for more performance but cannot wait for the official DX11 update you can try the unofficial DX12 proxy addon called d912pxy. Your game will look weird the first time you load assets after installing d912pxy but do not worry, it is normal and only temporary.

    TacO and Blish HUD are both overlays. That means you do not install them into the game itself and need to launch them separately. They offer markers/trails for map completion, jumping puzzles, farming routes, achievement/collection help, event timers, and more! You can even use many of the marker packs available for TacO with Blish HUD.

    POST-PROCESSING

    GW2 Hook | GShade | NVIDIA Freestyle

    These are post-processing software that allow the user to adjust the visuals of their game in ways not available through the in-game settings. As far as I can tell GW2 Hook is the most popular as it allows your adjustments to affect the world only; completely ignoring your UI (skill icons, inventory, etc.). Despite this, I personally use GShade but go head and experiment with them. Find out which works best for you. Just don't install all of them at the same time!

    SOCIAL MEDIA

    Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Twitch | Forums

    Not much to say for this part. Here are the official Guild Wars 2 social medias. I do not know if a forum counts as social media but it is here anyway. Let me know if I missed any!

    submitted by /u/Arkkhalis64
    [link] [comments]

    Templar Assassin - Lanaya (excited for virtuoso)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:44 AM PDT

    Jeff Strain's (Anet founder) letter on unionisation and Blizzard

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    Difficult Griffon flying route through Tarir

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:50 PM PDT

    May the Greatsword be with you, Revenant!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    May he float and shine with thousand Twilights.

    submitted by /u/SheWhoHates
    [link] [comments]

    "If dragons can turn human now I want waifu aurene" I got you homie

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:05 AM PDT

    I have the impresion that we hit the rank 5 milestone in Boss Rush

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 11:23 PM PDT

    I see a bow in there. Eir Legend Hype (Sad Trahearne Noises)

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    Update on Black Lion Instant Level 80 Tickets

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    It's crazy how some roleplay can improve your experience

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    this may sound uninteresting to most of you, but I kinda got so excited that I felt like writing about it lol. You know, despite having all classes on 80 (except Mesmer) and doing world completion with my ranger, I never felt like I was really connected to the stories that are going on in Tyria.

    With most of my characters, I basically rushed events and tried to 100% every map, which made me burn out pretty fast. Which is why I often just get a character to level 80 and then never play with him again. It felt like I had no connection to the world, even though I often stop and admire how beautiful the landscape is. But I was just a passenger aiming to get to max level, hopping from objective to objective. But for what?

    Tbh I never did a single fractal and I'm playing since beta. Crazy, right? But it never seemed to be the right type of content for me. And I don't think that is because I wouldn't enjoy it. I think I just had a certain mindset that made playing Guild Wars 2 more like work for me than actual fun. I experienced this with many games and the one thing where it always connects is my desire to 100% everything. But once again, for what? Leveling and exploring is the one thing I enjoy most in RPGs and Guild Wars 2 is no exception. However it feels by aiming for 100%, I'm taking away the natural feeling of exploration this game offers.

    Think about it this way - in real life, you could never do everything and even if you could, it would be boring, right? What's more interesting in a story? A completely overpowered guy that is basically a warrior, rogue and mage at the same time? Or a more specific character that might not try out every dialogue option, that focuses on a certain type of weapon and gameplay but switches things up from time to time? For me, it's obviously the latter.

    Which is why I finally decided to dedicate one character to refueling my joy in exploration and role-playing. I created a female Charr thief and decided to play her just for the sake of enjoyment. No 100% anymore, no repeating events, no jumping on raptor to just get a few EP from that event that ends in 10 seconds and you actually didn't participate in.

    I disabled the advisor for close waypoints and stuff like that and just go where I feel like. I explored the Black Citadel to some degree, not worrying about vistas or points of interest. And holy shit, I never really liked the city from a "I have to 100% this" point of view, it felt like a chore to "explore" it. But now that I'm taking my time, it actually feels like home to my character. This experience is so refreshing and I'm so happy right now that I made the decision to try this out.

    I don't know what her journey will be like, what places she might explore, which people she might meet. Suddenly, everything feels so alive again, not just like a list of goals you have to tackle in order to feel satisfaction for a short amount of time. Now, even small things feel like an accomplishment, oh I got a new coat with better stats, that's awesome! Damn, that place looks interesting, I wonder what I will find over there! That general there asks people to get some devourer eggs, but I already helped her out so I'm proceeding to get to that small forest over there.

    It feels so refreshing right now to explore this game from a new point of view and even though it's just roleplay lite, I'm really enjoying it so far.

    submitted by /u/mindkingdom
    [link] [comments]

    Since no one else has said it, I will. The GW2 theme leitmotif at the end of the soundtrack playing during the trailer is amazing.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    I love the way it fades in and out with the instruments. Love the sound, whichever composer did it, fantastic.

    submitted by /u/PopeDialgaVI
    [link] [comments]

    It's just an unranked game, but this is probably the most excitingly close game I've ever had. What a graph!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 07:34 PM PDT

    Been so used to doing gear treadmills for the last 15 years, GW2 feels so weird!

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    How do I mentally overcome my satisfaction to always be finding new loot in this game? The progression in this compared to WoW is vastly different, I'm okay with that. But man, breaking 15 years of old habits is proving to be difficult and I end up getting bored while trying to level through the base game.

    Also, recommend me a simple yet fun class to play, because everything I see on snow-crows is really complicated lol.

    submitted by /u/Nomoremetayo
    [link] [comments]

    Fractals 97 & 90 solo Molten Boss & Chaos

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:37 PM PDT

    I mainly did it because i was annoyed from pvp and wanted to hit something.

    Fractal 90

    Fractal 97

    submitted by /u/Marko_Ns
    [link] [comments]

    Happy World Boss Rush completion, everybody

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:21 PM PDT

    World Linking 7/30/2021

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    Support Ticket Length?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Hey all, I am curious how long it takes for support tickets to take these days? I haven't played this game in several years and want to get back in, but my account is locked. I already sent a ticket in with the serial code of the game and all that stuff. I don't want to wait several weeks though, and seeing as I can buy the newest expansion for 30 bucks, which I don't have anyways, I am considering just spending that and making a brand new account. Do you think it would be more valuable to just do that?

    submitted by /u/Hellboy632789
    [link] [comments]

    Slow Teleporting : Why?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    Hi,

    Sometimes when I teleport it takes 4 seconds. Sometimes it takes 13 seconds.

    Teleporting actually depends on what PC resource the most usually? What's the bottleneck? Hard drive? CPU? Internet? GPU? Else?

    I play GW2 on Windows 10, AMD FX-8350, 16GB Ram, GTX 660 Ti 2GB, 500GB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD, Internet: 275/15 Mbps 25ms.

    submitted by /u/Jim-Lafleur
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment