• Breaking News

    Saturday, July 31, 2021

    Guild Wars Attempting a Monk Ultra Ironman Solo

    Guild Wars Attempting a Monk Ultra Ironman Solo


    Attempting a Monk Ultra Ironman Solo

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:28 AM PDT

    After living vicariously through others primarily via this sub in recent years, I have decided to take the plunge and purchase a new account.

    I have set the lofty goal of starting things off with a monk solo playthrough (the epitome of tedium). I'm not sure what the best way to hold myself accountable for all of this is/to make it verifiable, but my IGN is Master Chistic Iron.

    We'll see if it's do-able, let alone do-able by me (was never all that competitive), but figured on a fresh account after a decade away from the game is my best chance of making it through a monk (ultra) ironman. I believe at this time a warrior, mesmer, and ranger have done it solo, with an unverified ele as well. I know others have discussed attempts at a monk. I will be taking my time and know there are some sticky points that are simply not feasible, but I hope to have it done by the end of the calendar year.

    Since it is a fresh account, much of the rules are automatically imposed, but my personal rules include all the regular + ultra ironman rules per the wiki*

    *I am allowing myself to use storage simply to dump off whatever loot I may have that in the end will want to transfer over to other characters.

    I'm looking to spend a decent amount of time in Presearing to enjoy it for all its glory. Perhaps see some of y'all there. If anyone is interested in me documenting this further, I will happily do so if I'm able to carve out the time. I'll look into the possibility of compiling VODs, but I have no experience with that and the machine I'm on is fairly light on resources, so not sure how feasible that is for this entire journey. Open to ideas though! Cheers.

    submitted by /u/Chistic_Iron
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone please explain Consumable usage for me.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    Hi, I'll keep this concise.

    I'm a vet player of /age 3870 hours of 189 months.

    I understand what cons do INDIVIDUALLY.

    I use consets like they are candy.

    I am of the understanding that poping every single consumable isn't how it works.

    What I don't understand is why things like rock candy are worth so much.

    My small brain understands that +% boosts are capped at +X% value, and that using a conset basically gets me there + some cheap pcons.

    So A: What is the ideal consumable usage to get max benefits to everything - cost irrelevant.

    B: What is the optimal usage for most benefits taking into account cost.

    EDIT: I've looked at the wiki - I can't seem to find a "con usage guide"

    submitted by /u/Shadowz_Fury
    [link] [comments]

    Problems with Password Reset?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:02 PM PDT

    Hi! First time posting on this subreddit!

    A friend and I were talking about returning to the game and bring some new gamers with us (literally, they never played an mmo before). We played a lot and left it years ago... and, of course i didn't remember anything about my account. Only a few character names. I couldn't log in with my email (unknown error) so, i sent a ticket. Apparently it was compromised, wich surprised me as i don't remember any email warning of any problems. But anyways, i followed the instructions and support told me to wait for a password reset email...

    And that was 3 days ago... is there any problem with that service in particular? I did something wrong? And in that case, is any way to solve it on my part? I haven't received anything and i'm kinda worried to what could happen to my account.

    The last thing i remembered about my account was the account merge thingy with arenanet and i think i did it just in time (keyword "think") but like i said, stopped playing years ago so everything gw related is fuzzy for me right now.

    I would appreciate any advice on what to do (besides waiting... wich i know i will have to do no matter what... but there is no harm in asking i guess). And thanks!

    submitted by /u/Draviant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment