• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 25, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Mood

    Guild Wars 2 Mood


    Mood

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    This honestly gave me goosebumps the first time I saw it!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    I have never seen a single GW2 Ad- Video or otherwise.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 12:22 AM PDT

    I made a guide to help new players learn about the different types of siege in WvW and how they're best used.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Anet logo in EoD teaser (easter egg)

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    Thanks mystic forge daily!

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 05:51 PM PDT

    https://imgur.com/a/71W2aIi

    And to think I was going to play it safe with a mystic salvage kit.

    submitted by /u/DuskBug
    [link] [comments]

    Weaponskills that totally outshine their alternatives

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 03:50 AM PDT

    What are - in your opinion - weapon's skills, that are basically mandatory or build defining for certain aspects of the game?

    Example:

    Shield 5 on Engi: Blocks everything that is blockable for 2.5 Seconds, CCs everything subsequently w/o internal CD, can be boosted even further by Inventions, can be thrown, if there's nothing to retaliate, always available → imho the best defensive skill in the game; its partner in crime Magnetic Shield is also pretty strong.

    Applications: WvW Zerging, eat up enemies Stability stacks;

    98 CM - why is MAMA punching herself? Trivializes most of 98s challenging mechanics;

    Bloomhunger in Swampland - ever stood in the Stomp with Static Shield up?

    sPvP: hard counter to Lich-Necros or reapers that stack stability and Soul Spiral into your shield; hold nodes; basically no counterplayability, other than using unblockable attacks

    Its only weakness is: Lack of Mainhand options

    submitted by /u/Topfen
    [link] [comments]

    LS4EP6 "The end" is perminantly bugged now

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Anyone that has tried to go for the "Salt in the wound" achievement since the episodes launch will know how broken this instance is. A year ago this instance was actually possible to complete with or without a party, but now it is just straight up broken and impossible to progress in. Absolutely no shots land on Kralk after he goes through the first portal no matter which weak-point you target. Party members shots don't land either. The following imgur links show screenshots and a short clip of the encounter as it currently stands. This was tested on multiple characters and on different accounts with no change in the end-result as you will see. https://imgur.com/gallery/xdh1asY

    Anet.. you have avoided fixing this instance for years now. I would hate to have to wait for this episode to come in rotation only in a few months time before you try to fix it... and I'm even sceptical that you will based on you've released current LS3 achievements that are broken from the get-go.

    Just get your shit together and fix it so we can all move on past this bruise to your reputation.

    submitted by /u/Griifen
    [link] [comments]

    Knight of the Thorn | GW2 Fanart

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Back after a long break, I don't know how to play my Guardian

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    I was a crazy gw2 player, but never that good (I am too slow at pressing keys, shame on me)

    I always loved to play a support role, cause it made me feel like I was being helpful for the rest of the group, I did fractals daily and was decent at doing raids.

    I played as a druid most of my hours in game until Firebrand became a must, but after taking a +1 year break (I was too addicted to the game and missing out stuff irl) I am lost of what to do with it.

    Checking the Metabattle, now besides support I need to be condi dps too? Do I need to go and burn all my healing gear? I am just confused of how the class evolved.

    Any advice for a returning player is welcome, but I would like some advice of how to be support or at least helpful to the team again :)

    submitted by /u/BlackRoseDdG
    [link] [comments]

    Attack of the Clones

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    Finally! Had to farm for the gloves/helm for way too long.

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    Account names in chat

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    Please give us the option too either show account names instead of char names or at least add those like drdoom(kittencuddler.6439)

    Many player do have a lot of characters they switch to often and not everyone names their characters in a fashion that makes it easy to connect those.

    submitted by /u/IrusGG
    [link] [comments]

    TIL: You can use the "Apply to all" functionality of legendary runes to quickly add them to all your armor

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 10:45 AM PDT

    PSA: You can undo the effect of an Aviator’s Memory Box by using it a second time

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 09:51 AM PDT

    There's been this post about the Tarir meta a few days ago, and in the comments I saw more than one person complaining about having to "relog" (i.e. log out and in again) because of accidentally pressing F on an Aviator's Memory Box and being stuck with the "annoying" effect and airplane noises the whole time they're looting.

    Well, actually, you don't. Simply interact with the box a second time and the effect will be gone.

    submitted by /u/Scy83
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot properly get into GW2 for a possibly superficial reason.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Hey i'm not used to making reddit posts so bare with me.

    Just want to preface this with saying i played original GW and loved it and i own a copy of GW2 since 2012. Now the ''problem'' with this game for me has nothing to do with gameplay or anything, i love the whole concept of the game and i think it's easily the best MMO on the market right now and most likely will be better than the upcoming MMO releases (this is all only my opinion of course).

    Now the biggest problem is how the game runs. I'm not that knowledgeable about technical game stuff but i understand the game is running on a old engine and using dx9. This gets really apparent when playing the game with lots of other players around or in large areas with lots of NPCs etc..

    I became aware of how big of an impact this has on the game recently when i played WoW classic.

    So if you are unaware about the re-release of vanilla wow they recreated the old game how it was back in 2006. This also for some stupid reason meant that they went back to the game using only 1 CPU core. This showed massively when in capital cities or in raids, my fps dropped super low and it was laggy, about the same experience as i saw playing GW2. So recently when WoW TBC was re-released, they upgraded the engine to utilize every/more CPU cores not just one and it was a massive QoL improvement to the game. My fps in capitals/raids/massive crowd gathering only dropped by about 10-20% and no longer by 70-80% and this is on a 3-4 generations old CPU, i imagine modern CPUs scale even better.

    So this is my rant and in short i would just like to know when or even if an engine upgrade is planned for gw2, that would boost performance and make the game not feel bad to play from a technical standpoint.

    submitted by /u/thelolzor
    [link] [comments]

    Why is our character's skin lit differently than their armor?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    It looks awful and no other game does that. For a game so centered around fashion, it certainly suffers from a lot of anti-fashion issues.

    submitted by /u/Masticates
    [link] [comments]

    Dodgy Crowd achievement need help

    Posted: 25 Jul 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    Since the replay event going on for past Living World seasons, I've been continuing my quest to have all LWS2 achievements completed. I'm almost at the end, having much trouble with "Dodgy Crowd" achievement.

    I've been at it for 2 weeks almost daily and I can't seem to get this one right. I almost smashed my screen because I'm getting so angry having to sit through the what seems like endless dialogue. Then the ridiculous long pre fight with the Centaurs, also causing me sometimes to die from almost full health and then having to restart the instance again because for the achievement you can't die at all in the whole instance (not just the boss fight). Forcing you to use a completely different skill set also makes it very annoying because of muscle memory. I play Daredevil main and I can't help it but 2 dodges is so annoying when you're so used to having 3. And yes I do play other classes, it's just that the skills Caithe has are in line with Thief. So my brain is thinking I'm playing Thief...

    Why on Earth does ANET design such boring and annoying "achievements". How is this even an achievement? You achieved killing a boss which has no mechanics other than random Sandpools and Windwalls you have to dodge. And oh boy, if you hit any of them (mostly caused by the annoying movement based skills from Caithe), you can start over the whole instance.

    I've tried going about it with 2 accounts (multiboxing), but it seems that all characters are forced within the boss fight area. Standing on a rock to avoid the Sandpools works, but the boss will eventually start to attack you...

    I've tried so many things, even waiting 2 hours in the Story LFG and Achievement Hunter LFG but no on came to the rescue. I'm playing on EU servers. Any help/tips is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Qlii256
    [link] [comments]

    End of Dragons Era Could Make Gw2 THE Top MMO

    Posted: 24 Jul 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment