• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 6, 2021

    Guild Wars I was there, 3000 years ago

    Guild Wars I was there, 3000 years ago


    I was there, 3000 years ago

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    For a 15 year old game getting items that still feel unique is incredible, and I think they did a great job with anniversary weapons. Here's to 15 more years! -- Slayer Nat

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:48 PM PDT

    Despite my GWAMM title - I'm playing GW1 for the first time and I'm loving it

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    I started a few years post release, I think EoTN had been released by the time I bought Prophecies.

    In such I was forever trying to catch up and and race as many professions to finish all the campaigns. Also I wanted GWAMM and this became the goal.

    Everything suffered in terms of actually enjoying the game ie. story and just exploring. Side quests I did only accidentally.

    I've come back with a distinctly different mind set, I want to understand the story, I want to see the sites , I want to learn the profession.

    My first time round I built an Ele only to farm feathers this time I'm starting an Ele to actually PLAY the game.

    I'm doing something of a 'Copper man' (a softer version of Iron Man) mode i.e the toon must be self reliant financially and in terms of materials must play the campaigns in order. I this instance it's the journey rather than the destination. Who knows what the future will be for GW1 but hopefully if this is to be my swan-song I intend to enjoy it.

    submitted by /u/Naturallynoble
    [link] [comments]

    halp! im lost, need hero advice

    Posted: 06 May 2021 03:34 AM PDT

    a long time ago i completed every campaign back when this was the only game. i got most heroes, lots of skills, 90% tyria, 60% cantha and similar elona.

    but now every time i try to return to the game to get gwamm i can go half way into any map and get beaten down to -60% and get 1 shot by any roaming mob. i take max heroes out and it makes little difference.

    i tried WP's idea of creating 7 mercs after buying the merc packs, creating a pvp toon according to his builds of me/p OQljAwCs5MngdcOY6x1qxmOcMA and saving the copy, i now run around with 6 of them and livia as the healer, yet it barely makes a difference. i have them set to attack, livia on guard, i find a narrow funnel, send out heroes to lure mobs thru the funnel, focus on the healers, etc... but i still end on on -60% most of the time as mobs target me first instead of the heroes.

    can someone please (without jingo lingo) throw some hero builds at me that i can use for cartographer and finishing quests and maybe try hard modes vanquishing. i looked at the pvxwiki and didnt understand a single thing i was looking at, i have no idea what to pick

    submitted by /u/Gunnho
    [link] [comments]

    Mercenary Hero Complete Pack Problem

    Posted: 06 May 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Many years ago when I was a poor kid, I scraped enough together to buy a single mercenary hero, and now that I actually have money I thought I'd buy the complete pack

    Now I've tried to add the access key and it's telling me I can't add it because I already have it added... which I don't, it's just a single mercenary hero.

    Is there a way around this?

    submitted by /u/Chumara
    [link] [comments]

    Always confused me but here it's the first time this sticks out like this.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    Increase scrim observation

    Posted: 05 May 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    It would be nice to increase the games you can see between your guild and another or even against your own. Currently scrims can only hold one at all times and overwrite each other. It probably would not be relevant for a lot of people but I think it would be a nice fix.

    submitted by /u/unlockwren
    [link] [comments]

    Soul Taker build

    Posted: 05 May 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    Hi folks, just started a new necromancer to try out the soul taker build. (https://gwpvx.fandom.com/wiki/Build:N/D_Soul_Taker_Scythe) Have a couple of questions below as I am still quite far away from capping the skill:

    1) Based on the skill description, sacrifice happens on each attack

    Elite Enchantment Spell. For 3...25...30 seconds, your attacks sacrifice 15...19...20 health and deal 15...19...20 more damage. PvE Skill

    but in the skills notes, it mentions that sacrifice happens on each hit.

    The health sacrifice occurs for each hit rather than for each attack, so skills such as Cyclone Axe or Whirlwind Attack can trigger the health sacrifice multiple times

    Question is for a normal scythe attack that hits 3 enemies in range, do you sacrifice health once or 3 times?

    2) Build is given a great rating on PVX but how does the it actually fare in practice, on hard mode, with heroes? Considering running up to mobs in squishy armor, enchantment stripping and health loss.

    submitted by /u/Acrobatic_Ad9047
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a Necromancer/Mesmer Build.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 07:39 PM PDT

    I'm new to the game and for my classes I went necro/mes. I was just wondering what's a good leveling build I could use. I'm at Nolani Academy, and I just feel what I'm using right now isn't really cutting it. I dunno, maybe I just need to git gud. But any early/leveling builds would be appreciated. I am using the bonus staff as my weapon and currently been using Blood Magic as my main. But feel like I'm not using it right. Thanks for any help. Praise Joko!

    submitted by /u/dotsydiz
    [link] [comments]

    Any failsafe/lazy build?

    Posted: 05 May 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    A build that can get carried by heroes without needing to provide anything essential, basically just being a extra bonus character.

    Any such build? Looking to play in a very distracting environment while having carpal tunnel issues.

    Edit.

    Thanks for the helpful advice!

    Looks like sos rit will be my next character, though other build suggestions is ofc welcome!

    submitted by /u/2390220
    [link] [comments]

    Can't save screenshots or templates.

    Posted: 05 May 2021 11:20 AM PDT

    Hey, ran into the same problem as three previous posts mentioned. Last time I played I had no problem, it was early this april, but now suddenly I can't take screenshots or save templates. I can load templates though.

    I turned off read only on both guild wars folders (Documents and Program Files) , windows defender's annoyance is not even on, Documents on the exclude list of antivirus, I reinstalled, onedrive is actually uninstalled.

    I'm out of clues what to try.

    EDIT: Okay, it was still the antivirus. Added it to the allowed programs list and voila, it works!!! I should have been less sloppy while testing that.

    submitted by /u/BoroMonokli
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars on Chromebooks

    Posted: 05 May 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    Does Guild Wars work on chromebooks?

    submitted by /u/blindsoup2021
    [link] [comments]

    Curious about would-be price of an item in my possession

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    So I've got a q7 near-perfect war hammer that I've had customized for as long as I can remember. What makes it non-perf is the 18-35 damage range instead of max(19-35). What would it go for in today's market had it never been customized?

    bonus question: I've got a q12 Str OS echovald shield with +30hp & -20%blindDuration, is this worth anything beyond a handful of ecto?

    War Hammer

    Shield

    submitted by /u/MuffinBludgeon
    [link] [comments]

    Waterfall freeze

    Posted: 05 May 2021 05:48 AM PDT

    Is it for everyone that all waterfalls in asura continent just freeze ? Or some kind of graphic driver bug ?

    submitted by /u/MrLunatix
    [link] [comments]

    They should make GW1 free for everyone

    Posted: 05 May 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    I mean as an open game, don't need to buy codes which are rare now. Open it up for people to enjoy and maybe rely on the small % to buy gw2/gems etc.

    The reason I say this is because, when logging in last week, it was dead (probably because I'm on EU servers) and I would hate, absolutely hate, for them to shut the servers to this down. Far too many great memories.

    submitted by /u/leedavis1987
    [link] [comments]

    GausRoth Plays Guild Wars Factions - Episode 4

    Posted: 05 May 2021 08:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment