• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Guild Wars Guild Wars players uncover a sword hidden in the game for eight years

    Guild Wars Guild Wars players uncover a sword hidden in the game for eight years


    Guild Wars players uncover a sword hidden in the game for eight years

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    That was fast...

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:33 AM PDT

    When you spend all your ectos hoarding your favorite sword skin

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:53 AM PDT

    Hardcore Ultimate Ironman (no wiki) Day 2

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    Nightfall to LA?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 03:19 AM PDT

    What's the fastest way to go from Kamadan to LA? Trying to get to Ascalon at the lowest level possible

    submitted by /u/borotroth
    [link] [comments]

    Prophecies game movies in all six languages

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Friends, I've uploaded the GW1 Prophecies game movie in all six languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, and Spanish.

    With brief explanations where necessary, so the story doesn't get lost.

    Factions, Nightfall, EotN and "Extras" upcoming -- but give it time. Especially since the Legendary Edition of Mass Effect is coming out next month, so I'll be MIA for a while ;)

    I'm secretly calling this the "GW1 Preservation Project," there'll be quite a few surprises waiting for everyone. Personally, I want to play GW1 until I'm old and gray and I hope it'll stay online until then, but some future day GW1 *will* be history and all that remains will be screenshots, videos, and the memories in our collective hearts. While I might do these vids for my own gratification too, they're first and foremost for all of us, to have memories forever.

    HIGHLIGHTS (Please see the timecodes in the respective videos)

    ENGLISH - Fort Ranik: Siegemaster Lormar - Borlis Pass: King Jalis Ironhammer's accent - The Frost Gate: Dagnar's voice, but only at the very end - Sanctum Cay: Pay attention to how the player character says "What? Who?". It's an example for the voices having been recorded separately, without knowing the context. There's more examples for this, in other cinematics. - Iron Mines of Moladune: The Seer

    FRENCH - The Great Northern Wall: The player voice - Fort Ranik: Siegemaster Lormar - Nolani Academy: King Adelbern - Borlis Pass: The three dwarves in Grooble's Gulch. You'll die laughing! - Iron Mines of Moladune: The Seer

    GERMAN - D'Alessio Seaboard: Dinas's half-insecure, half-comic voice is a bit of a highlight. - Divinity Coast: Justiciar Taran. In all other versions, he has a feminine appearance but is addressed with male pronouns, but the German version is using a male falsetto voice on top. I love nonbinary characters <3 - Augury Rock: The German version is the only version where the transport platform inside the small chamber at the very end is visible -- but only for a split second! In all other versions, it hardly makes any sense for the player character to enter an empty room... - Iron Mines of Moladune: The Seer

    ITALIAN - Fort Ranik: Siegemaster Lormar - Fort Ranik ff.: Prince Rurik's Italian voice seems the best fit to me, but this is only my personal taste. At least, the voice actor is the most animated Rurik speaker of them all. - Gates of Kryta ff.: Hablion has a remarkably calming, soft voice. - Iron Mines of Moladune: The Seer (the most animated Seer of all -- you HAVE to hear that!) :D

    KOREAN - The Great Northern Wall: A sweet little moa can be heard fighting. Brave little bird against tens of Charr! - Fort Ranik: Siegemaster Lormar - Borlis Pass: King Jalis Ironhammer - Iron Mines of Moladune: The Seer - Iron Mines of Moladune: King Jalis Ironhammer

    SPANISH - Fort Ranik: Siegemaster Lormar - Borlis Pass: The three dwarves in Grooble's Gulch - Iron Mines of Moladune: The Seer - Iron Mines of Moladune: Brechnar

    GENERAL - The Last Day Dawns: It's the female player voice, in all languages. This makes a lot of sense -- it's OUR story, we're the ones telling it. - The Last Day Dawns: The player character witnesses King Adelbern and the Scribe. It's visible with a three-monitor setup -- look to the left, between the trees. I've only recorded my center monitor for the videos. - Nolani Academy: Rin burns, but we don't really see it. Just imagine a whole city ablaze, with Stormcaller's sound producing rain and extinguishing those flames, saving Rin. The cinematic could have been done a bit better in this regard, actually. - D'Alessio Seaboard: Those effin' undead fighting the Mantle in the background of the ceremony! It's inevitable -- even if you kill everything in the vicinity. If you're lucky the undead spawn far enough away, but that happened only in my French and Spanish versions. - The Wilds: The attacked Chosen clearly uses a male character model, but the voice is clearly female (in all languages). Alongside Justiciar Taran in "Divinity Coast" this might be an example for a nonbinary character, something I wholeheartedly appreciate <3 - Aurora Glade: When the group cheers, you hear several male voices. I guess the game wasn't really expecting all-female parties like mine ;) - Dunes of Despair, Elona Reach, Thirsty River: The same "male cheers" as in "The Wilds" mission can be heard, despite the Ghostly Hero being the only male character present. - Augury Rock: What's missing in the video? A transport platform. It's in the little room the player character enters at the very end, but it's not displayed in the videos. Sadly, because now it makes no sense why the player should go into that room. You VERY briefly see it in the German version.

    submitted by /u/Paradise7D
    [link] [comments]

    How to get the new weapon? Silver Edge [Video]

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    Recommended add-ons?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    I didn't see anything in the rules about this, so my apologies of this is an off limits topic.

    Are there any mods/add-ons that people use these days for any quality of life? I love the graphical update that came in a few years back and have only just started sporadically playing guild wars again on and off for the past year or so. Would love to hear if there's anything, even additional textures I can use to enhance the world.

    submitted by /u/AlienSandwhich
    [link] [comments]

    Still want to continue the search? I found smaller Easter Eggs in the Xunlai Archivist Dialogues.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    First and foremost, congratulations to /u/Evaziel for being the first person to solve the treasure hunt and find Silver Edge! An additional thank you to /u/Ironmaus for sending us on our first new adventure in a far too long time.

    My hunt took me into an absurdly wrong direction, I was digging through the discussions of the Xunlai Archivists themselves, the Wiki Editors, where I found what I believe inspired some of the in game dialogue. The Easter Eggs I believe I found have no in game reward, but I had a fantastic time digging them up.

    My interpretations of the Xunlai Archivist Dialogues below:


    "No, if there's anything I tire of, it's my peers asking about my past. Despite my love of documentation, some things are better lost and forgotten." - Xunlai Archivist Argentum

    I believe this is a nod to the fact Wiki User Silver Edge had never created a User Page for himself, which was a reoccurring topic of discussion between himself and other wiki users.

    I can't let Misery be the only sysop without a user page =P. I guess it would be make instead of remake, because every time my user page was created, it was done by someone else. Now that I can view deleted edits, the first time it was created and then deleted was when another user created the page with the message "OMG Theres stuff on your page!" The second time was when another user mistook it as my talk page. The other times it was created was due to vandalism. --Silver Edge 20:56, 25 May 2014 (UTC) Wiki Page Here


    "You know, there are rumors he was a great swordsman who broke from the warrior's path." - Xunlai Archivist Rylek

    Aside from telling the player they're looking for a sword, I think this is a nod to the Wiki Users history as a player.

    Yeah, I chose Silver Edge cause it was 3 syllables. I remember using Silver Edge for my warrior character during the E3 for Everyone and World Preview Event, but when I got Prophecies a month after it was released, the name was already in use (and still currently in use) by someone else. Thanks for the suggestions, but I think I'll stick to this name for nostalgic reasons. --Silver Edge 21:45, 15 March 2010 (UTC) Wiki Page Here

    This is also possibly a nod to ".. to cast off his blade and leave his old life frozen in time."


    It's said he looked down into the face of unimaginable power and chose, right then and there, to cast off his blade and leave his old life frozen in time. Others seek power only to have it strip them of their humanity or rob them of their natural gifts, but Argentum chose to push it away. - Xunlai Archivist Rylek*

    I am probably stretching greatly here, but I believe this reference (aside from confirming Drakkar Lake as the location) is highlighting the humility of Silver Edge, who declines a nomination for admin rights on the wiki.

    I nominate... Silver Edge (talk • contribs • logs • block log) for the sysophood. Created by Auron 07:24, 21 December 2009 (UTC).

    I decline. I appreciate the nomination, but I currently have no need to be a sysop, maybe in the future. --Silver Edge 04:46, 22 December 2009 (UTC) Wiki Page Here

    Fun Fact, Silver Edge eventually became an admin in 2014. Wiki Page Here


    "Every new page in our chronicle brings new revelations. Some are unexpected, while others seem predestined. But even when I'm surprised at what we learn, it barely registers with Archivist Argentum. He has such an impressive understanding of our histories, it's hard to believe he hasn't lived several lives. I know it only seems that way; he hasn't been with the Xunlai forever. And yet..." - Xunlai Archivist Rylek

    I believe these are references to how strongly of an impact this user made, in a relatively short amount of time. Silver Edge created their wiki account in 2009 and quickly became infamous among other editors.

    2845 main space edits in 100 days. Your good work has not gone unnoticed. — WhyUser talk:Why 16:02, 17 October 2009 (UTC) Wiki Page Here


    I haven't seen these interpretations anywhere else but then again I'm probably grasping at straws. Regardless, I found it absolutely fascinating how the Wiki users had their own community and culture this entire time. I want to thank the Wiki Users, and Silver Edge for their dedication.

    I would love to hear some feedback from you all, and any other nods / easter eggs / references you all might have found.

    submitted by /u/Harleequin
    [link] [comments]

    [Meme] Where is our Movie ?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:23 AM PDT

    Question about Silver Edge.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    Did anyone yet tried to cast: Light Of Deldrimor to the Drakkar Lake ( The frozen lake that a Dragon lies benith it) to check if something happens?, Also did anyone tried to get the sword in HM mode?

    submitted by /u/3p0nym0us
    [link] [comments]

    Staying motivated

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    How do you all stay motivated? I've tried quitting GW so many times, but always get drawn back. I'll SC and do odd bits on titles for a while then get bored again.

    What do you all do? I need something to get me hooked again

    submitted by /u/Copper-Top91
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars' secret weapon found - how to get a Silver Edge

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:38 AM PDT

    suggestion for the kamadan/ascalon.gwtoolbox.com

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    please add favor info on the page.

    submitted by /u/Ftdffdfdrdd
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment