• Breaking News

    Saturday, March 6, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - March 06, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - March 06, 2021


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - March 06, 2021

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Thanks to Everyone who showed up to my Tag Party Birthday <3

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:22 AM PST

    New-ish Player Experiance

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 12:43 AM PST

    Just wanted to make a quick thank you post to the countless people I have encountered in this game. I have been a casual player over the last year or so, in and out, playing multiple classes and the one thing that hasn't changed is just how nice people are.

    I can't recall any of the names as there have been so many, but compared to WoW the player base in GW2 is amazing and it's sparked a longer renewed interest in content and even pvp (even though I get my ass handed to me)

    Keep being awesome, I don't think I'll ever find another game where the error code "too many resurrectors" exists haha

    -Karvol

    submitted by /u/Karvol
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Recipe: Superior Sigil of Malice available.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:51 AM PST

    PSA! Superior sigil of Malice is available on the PSNA Vendors Today! Also Recipe: Superior Sigil of Bursting.

    Superior Sigil of Malice is used for some condi builds, such as condi boon chrono/ condi mirage/ condi holo/ condi druid.

    Superior Sigil of Bursting is used for Condi tempest/Condi chrono/ Condi scourge/ Condi holo/Condi soulbeast/ Condi firebrand.

    You can buy Malice at [&BH8HAAA=] at the vendor Mehem. Sigil of Bursting at [&BBABAAA=] Cost 25200 karma. Check http://gw2timer.com/ for current location

    For new players: the Pact Supply Network Merchants (PSNA) are available for players with "Pact Commander" mastery level 3. More info can be found in the link below.

    https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pact_Supply_Network_Agent

    edit, added bursting

    submitted by /u/Aragorn2013
    [link] [comments]

    Information About Erroneous Account Suspensions

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:37 PM PST

    Any Guild still do Edge of The Mists?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:04 AM PST

    I love EOTM and I'd like to know if any guild still does EOTM runs. how often and what server they are.

    submitted by /u/BrasilON
    [link] [comments]

    That_Shaman seems to have had all his accounts banned for using Geforce Now.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:33 AM PST

    Bought the expansions, can't play neither... any help appreciated.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:12 PM PST

    I've just started to play GW2 3-4 weeks ago, got hooked instantly. Got to lvl 80, bought the expansions, tried to enter HoT, got stuck in the prologue, the game crashes every single time at the same point.

    Since google is my friend, I've found bits and pieces of information about this issue dated back to 2015, with no clear fix. Figured, I might as well go the PoF way, since my only intention was to unlock masteries, so I can continue experiencing the vanilla map without passing progress, and the result was the same - prologue, map loading screen, game crashes.

    Tried repairing, uninstalling, running in 32bit, reset the settings, update anything and everything in my computer, and this is as far as my computer skills work. Sent ticket to anet, sent them log files, they were so kind but they must be very busy, for I got no reply since then.

    Not trying to be impatient or anything, just hoping that maybe someone had the same issue and got it figured out. Sry for my bad english, not a native speaker.

    EDIT: Thank you so much to all of you who tried to figure it out. What a lovely, helpful community. The issue was my external audio card. :) Cheers! Now, back to grinding :)

    submitted by /u/SnooAdvice575
    [link] [comments]

    Need recommendations ❤️

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:41 AM PST

    Hey all 👋🏽

    I've been playing GW2 for several years on and off, but almost solely WvW and SPvP. I have like 50 % map completion, and only recently completed the PoF story line, which I really enjoyed.

    I came back to the game just recently, and I've actually really enjoyed just derping around in the open world, doing map completion or events.

    My question is, what are your favourite zones to hang around in? Where do you like to do events?

    I'm asking since there is a lot of level 80 zones I haven't even set foot in yet, so would love to here about your favourites. Also aesthetically, if you love the vibe or the music of a zone.

    Cheers all and have a nice weekend

    submitted by /u/Safashah
    [link] [comments]

    Ranger Soulbeast with the best pet in the game. (body height ~13cm; total height ~19cm)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 10:36 AM PST

    One Piece fan art reminded me of GW2 professions

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 05:29 AM PST

    Why does the Engineer feel so weak, clunky and unintuitive?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 03:04 AM PST

    I've played engineer off and on for years as my main from the beginning, tried every combination of traits and stats I can think of, and it never seems to truly click, always feels like you're forced into making things complicated for yourself because every weapon and kit only has 1-2 "key" abilities, with the rest being weak and highly situational or outright never used.As a Holosmith you need these long complicated rotations while trying to maintain heat levels, swapping in and out of kits, in and out of forge, long cooldowns on abilities you can't see while you're in a different kit...

    A few weeks ago, having finally broke down and considering uninstalling for the 10 time, I made a Warrior.It felt incredible, like everything clicked, and every single ability had a use and worked well with everything, and most notably, it actually did damage, it handled groups that would have sent my engineer running off and wishing I had equipped rocket boots. It took hits that would have sent me flat on my ass and calling out for help for the thousandth time.

    I never realized just how bad it was until I tried some of the other professions. It's like a veil was lifted and everything else feels easy and intuitive by comparison. They aren't without their flaws, but it's so much better than the years of self-hate and depression that the Engineer gave me.

    submitted by /u/Weylin6
    [link] [comments]

    The Bandit Sniper's Outfit may have been used in one of Arenanet's canceled projects

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:26 PM PST

    This isn't exactly new information, but I've yet to see it posted here, so in light of some of the other canceled project screenshots making the rounds I thought I'd share as it is fairly interesting.

    For those who don't know, the Bandit Sniper's Outfit was added to the game in late 2015. Several years later, Daniel Marseglia (character artist at Arenanet from 2016-2017, and again from 2019-present) shared some images to his ArtStation in a now hidden post (imgur link of images from post) of what appears to be a highly detailed version of this outfit titled "Canceled Project".

    Notable differences from the in-game outfit include:

    • More detailed armor (patters on waist/hip plates, scratches and detail on chest plates)
    • More detailed shoulder strap
    • Several pouches along the waist
    • A quiver and scarf on the back

    Here is a comparison with the in-game model.

    What I find most interesting is that Daniel doesn't appear to have been working for Arenanet when the outfit was first introduced to the game, so it's unlikely that this was an asset from a canceled project that they decided to repurpose for GW2, but instead something he was tasked with bringing from GW2 into a new game. Considering the high level of detail, it was probably one of the rumored Unreal Engine games we've seen other leaks from rather than a mobile game.

    Or it was something else entirely, but it's fun to speculate.

    submitted by /u/OmniDeath
    [link] [comments]

    That time you go make a tea for the upcoming strike session

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:45 PM PST

    Helmets with hair showing? Similar to how For Honor does their helm+hair by literally adding a braided hairpiece under the helm and voilá. (Dont mind my crappy editing)

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 07:53 AM PST

    Superior dragon slayer weapon mats?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:17 AM PST

    Hello there,

    I know the Azure and Crimson mats were datamined. But were the superior ones mined as well?

    submitted by /u/TUPDF
    [link] [comments]

    I have a newfound love for this game...

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 06:05 AM PST

    I originally started playing around June last year, and it was with a group of friends. Loved it, but rushed through a lot of the core game as I had friends who were also playing. Eventually, we all move to wow, as one of my friends used to play it. It was ok, but quickly went off the boil. I recently came back to GW2(alone) and completed LW2 and HoT. Forgot how much I enjoyed the game, and I am absolutely loving it atm. I am currently working through LW3 and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into PoF. I am am wondering if I'm missing out on some end game content such as raids, fractals and dungeons. I think perhaps I should start looking for a guild, but not sure the best way to go about it, or not even sure if I'm ready for it yet. I do enjoy stumbling onto a world event with masses of players, and running with them all.

    submitted by /u/Michaelwordenbr
    [link] [comments]

    The Mist War Podcast Episode 3: Across The Pond - Featuring Alaric of [KDR]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:10 AM PST

    Old player returning : authenticator problem ?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:50 AM PST

    Hi ! i haven't played this game for like 4-5 years, and i wanted to have another go. But even though i haven't lost my logs, the game is asking me about an authenticator. I don't remember having configured one for GW2, but then again it was a long time ago. I've switched phones since then, and i tried installing google authenticator - as recommended by GW2's website - but it seems it ought to be configured while already connected to my account. I've submitted a ticket, but i've yet to get an answer. Is it mayhaps a simple matter than one of you guys can tell me how to solve ? Thank you in advance for your advice.

    submitted by /u/Kaporalhart
    [link] [comments]

    [Poll] Favorite legendary weapon

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:10 PM PST

    Greatsword still viable for Berserker?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2021 02:53 AM PST

    Hi, I'm usually a pretty casual player since Beta, like to do PvE and fractals (would also like to do raids, but hard to get in without guild and training). I have the feeling that the GS isn't that viable anymore for these things. Currently I run a build from metabattle, either power BS or DPS, but with GS/Axe+Axe. (for better mobility and I think the burst dmg from GS F1 cycling is better for trash waves).

    Can you give me your opinion and advice please? Want to become better :)

    submitted by /u/Nekrohan7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment