• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 9, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 Kingfisher griffin Rarely seen in Tyria

    Guild Wars 2 Kingfisher griffin Rarely seen in Tyria


    Kingfisher griffin Rarely seen in Tyria

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:39 AM PST

    I heard you guys like pre-patch bingos.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 06:59 PM PST

    Started this game last week and i'm amazed

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:43 AM PST

    I came from WoW. Got bored of the work life of WoW. It's literally like a job :D So I was searching chill,fun and grindy and that has fashion wars in it so I came across GW2. Played f2p for one or two day and fell in love with the game and bought it and man I'm glad I did. Which is for me the most important part The community... It's just wow. I literally said wow.

    I never seen a community that is so helpful and so fun to talk! I joined an awesome guild that I really love. Met with so many cool people and made some great friends. Some dude literally spend hours for to help me gather griffon eggs. I mean could've do them alone but for some reason he stuck around with me and he showed me the ways. Now I only need 175 gold more to get the Griffin ^ And I needed the kill a legendary monster for achievement I just told my guild and they gather up friends and people and suddenly there was 15-20 people helping me out to kill a monster. Like I was just amazed by the community.

    And when i first started i was i think around lvl 10-20 i saw some people gather on a spot. So back then i didn't know why they were here i asked them. They told me why they are there also welcomed me to the game. And 5 of them sent me gold :D Mostly 5 to 1 gold but one of them sent me 30 gold and i was amazed. Like in wow 1 gold is not that important but even tho people will still not give you anything or help with you anything of course there are exceptions but on general it's not a good community. But GW2 Community something else. And I'm glad that I'm part of it now. Hopefully I'll become like the people that helped me out so i could help others in the future!

    Thanks for reading. Have a nice day everyone.

    submitted by /u/srkanoo06
    [link] [comments]

    Can we finally get a fix for Revenant's constant skill change up bug?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:18 AM PST

    This shit is in the game since Revenant itself. They "fixed" numerous times, yet it still happens regularly.

    submitted by /u/Arnoldthehawk
    [link] [comments]

    Arah Path 2 [5:54] by [SC] and [CoF]!

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:02 AM PST

    Hey everyone!

    After a long time, we are happy to share with you a new dungeon record, this time in the most infamous dungeon, the ruined city of Arah!

    PoVs:

    Left/Thief

    Roul/Thief

    Sony/Ranger

    Jan/Guardian

    Yui/Mesmer

    Some general strategies:

    The core idea of the run was balanced around the double thief set-up, due to their access to the biggest mobility in the game. While one thief would rarely participate in fights in order to skip ahead and portal the rest of the party to the next boss, the other thief would generally participate in the fights and portal the party at points where the other one would have lost too much doing it. This especially comes into play at Belka, where Left skips ahead to the abomination already while I (Roul) ported the party to the boss, and Alphard, where I triggered the waypoint for the party to port to so that Left could skip ahead through the walls and thus port the party to Alphard almost immediately after the waypoint was triggered.

    The Soulbeast did what Soulbeast does best, carrying the entire group dps with Stance Share and Frost Spirit while having immense dps himself. Additionally, he also targeted one of the Inquest Handlers at Abomination through the wall, which he was able to because of Sic Em having a gigantic range. This allowed for a pretty significant mobility boost for Left, as he could shadowstep to the Handler thanks to that.

    Similarly to that, the Guardian also provided a huge group buff via sharing Bane Signet. At the same time, he also was in charge of keeping up quickness and might at most encounters by prestacking on a 100% boon duration template.

    The Mesmer filled the quickness gaps where guardian couldn't provide enough and also sped up the Lupi kill a fair amount by reflecting his attack in P2, thus allowing the Soulbeast to burst P1. He also alleviated a little bit of stress from the thieves at one point after Abomination by portaling.

    Thank you for watching/reading, we hope you enjoy the run!

    submitted by /u/---Roul---
    [link] [comments]

    Cope Bingo for the veteran WvW player

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:09 PM PST

    How much variety is there with Guild War's classes?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:22 AM PST

    My girlfriend and I have been looking around for a new MMO to play for a very long time now and Guild Wars 2 is yet the MMO we have touch on.

    I have been watching some videos about the game and so far I can tell, it really seems like a game that will finally scratch my MMO-itch after a couple of years just looking around trying stuff out. I am not very well informed on a lot of thing yet, so I have a small question for the community over here:

    Most MMOs always have a typical build-path for each seperate class. Even tho it is understandable that always boosting X-stat for Y-class wil give you the best DPS/Tanking/Healing capabilities, it might feel a little restrictive after a while.

    So I wondered, how does GW2 handle it's classes and the build variety in them? Could you play as a mage, yet prefer some more tankier items and stats? etc. It is not a turn-off for me by any means if this is not an available choice, but it's nice to know if the game allows you to build your character a little in the way how you want it to be, yet not be punished for it and feel like you wasted many hours and potential skills points/gold/whatever.

    submitted by /u/jekkyboi12
    [link] [comments]

    Amazed with the game after a long break

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:01 AM PST

    Hello guys!

    I've returned to GW2 in the end of last year and I'm having so much fun since. I take some to decide with what profession to play, I runned some and now I created I Necro and I found myself here! I played with Ranger, Elementalist, Revenant and Guardian already. But, with Necro I found a mix of ranged and close combat that it's so fun. I always prefered ranged options, but this mix with Necro it's fun.

    Since my return I focus on PvE content, I love do map exploration and just finished with Necro these days. Now, I'm playing Living Wolrd - Season 2, and pretend to do all historys. I already have all terrestrial monts, but I'm missing the Griffon, should I run and try to get it?

    I'm enjoying the experience and having much more fun now, than when I played in 2013. The community it's incredible, I always get help when needed. Now, I'm looking for some guild. I'm a casual player and normaly play btween 7 PM - 9 PM (GMT-3) and play in NA servers. I would like to start do some Raids, Fractals and Dungeons as well, and like to play some WwW too. Do you know any guild?

    Now, I'm thinking in upgrade my craft level to craft my Ascended set. Or do you guys think I should focus on get the griffon? If it's better get the griffon, I think I can run PoF before HoT.

    Thanks you all, I love the GW2 community!

    submitted by /u/Sanescafen
    [link] [comments]

    Do the engineer turrets benefit from Boons?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:45 AM PST

    Hello everyone hope you having a good day.

    The title says it pretty much,

    • while my character buff from might and other effects, do my turrets get this effects as well?

    • Do they benefit from my character currently stats? My crit, power etc etc. ?

    submitted by /u/migribcun
    [link] [comments]

    Bobby Stein Interview - Discussing Narrative, Collaboration, Origins, and GW2!

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:54 AM PST

    So what unreasonable expectations do you have for tomorrow’s patch?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 01:54 PM PST

    Research on online games and well-being; please participate if possible

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:41 AM PST

    Hei! I am Athira, and I am currently conducting my dissertation study on Online games and well-being.

    I am posting it here because my primary focus is on massively multiplayer games, especially Guild wars or Dota. It's a small study due to the present state of the world.

    This questionnaire will ask about your online gaming habits, motives, and general well-being, which will take you approximately 10 minutes to complete. The questionnaire is easy and generalized so that it can be applied to all online games scenario.

    I hope that your participation in the study will help us explore online gaming habits' possible effect on our psychological well-being.

    The participants will have to be 18 years of age or older and spend at least one hour every week playing online video games( Any game that requires an active internet connection to play).

    Google form link: https://forms.gle/wPPFyGcw7DqJA4NM8

    If you could participate, it'll be cherry!

    submitted by /u/Athiram
    [link] [comments]

    2 Hackers right now on WvW red side (FC + SF servers) getting everything.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 11:37 AM PST

    2 hackers are getting all stuff in WVW right now. They teleport to lord and burn the lord of every structure and turn it to red. If u see them pls report.

    submitted by /u/BrasilON
    [link] [comments]

    Could Engineer Explosive kits get an overhaul to be more mechanically interesting?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 09:48 PM PST

    Mortar, Grenades, Bombs. All useful kits, but they all suffer from feeling copy-pasted across the board.

    The 1 skills are the most egregious in that they don't have an auto attack mode, zero cooldown, and must be ground targeted and predictivly aimed. Bombs are easier to use but spamming 1 is still dull and ridiculous.

    Looking at explosives purely as a utility to be used briefly and not at all camped rather than as an alternate weapon for the engineer makes this more forgivable, but the clunky kit format that tears you from weapon and forge doesn't mesh with that.

    submitted by /u/Weylin6
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a comprehensive list which episodes you have to buy to get access to all zones ?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:18 AM PST

    if you dont care for the story some living world episodes dont seem to add anything and i dont want to spend the gems if i dont have to.

    submitted by /u/drchaos2000
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone on here explain what WvW is simply?

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 07:47 PM PST

    I am so utterly confused about what world versus world is. Why do I not have any of my mounts in WvW? Is it only the war claw you can have in WvW? What are the five minute timers about? Where do you get supplies for building after laying blueprints?

    I've tried looking it up, but I'm not finding any clear explanations or answers.

    Help appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Wise_Requirement_292
    [link] [comments]

    What do we know about Dzalana? I like desert side of GW2 and I'd be so excited about a desert living season tbh

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:45 AM PST

    Renegade Build Test Request

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 01:35 AM PST

    Hello Reddit,

    If someone has the leisure to test some builds for dps, I would love them to try out these builds I've made. I really love the shortbow on renegade as well staff, so I wanted an equipment build that really let those shine. If you are able, any feedback would be absolutely appreciated, since I'm a new player, and don't have a grasp of damage in GW2. Please, adjust the specializations however you wish. I mainly am focused on the equipment build.

    GW2Skills Links:

    Condition Boon V1: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmhAUZO6W2vcA-zRZYmRFgGGcwlR6pQIVgaXkAYP8A-e

    Condition Boon V2: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmhAUZO6W2vcA-zRZYmRFKANM4g8Lj0ThQqAdvIBwe4B-e

    Power Boon: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmhAUZO6W2vcA-zRZYBhCsFVAcI/LjIqg0TB1uIBye4B-e

    Condition: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmhAUZO6W2PAA-zRRYfhj3MqQDnRFqgQkCm8iEC7hHA-e

    Chat Links:

    Condition Boon V1: [&DQkOHQ82PzkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

    Condition Boon V2: [&DQkOHQ82PzkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

    Power Boon: [&DQkOHQ82PzkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

    Condition: [&DQkOHQ82PwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=]

    Cheers and I hope you have fun with my builds I theory crafted!

    submitted by /u/SleepingEra
    [link] [comments]

    The True Purpose Of The Sylvari, Their Dream And Nightmare (Part II)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 11:44 PM PST

    What quality did the Eye of Janthir look for in chosen candidates? Justicar Hablion once stated that the Eye "has the power to see inside a person and discern his or her magical aptitude", a vague communication. A clearer one called the quality the gift of True Sight. Two things are clear about the gift: It persists in humans and, remarkably, other races too. Since it does, why didn't the White Mantle harvest the souls of mankind's then mortal enemies, the charr, rather than spend the lives of many of Krytan humanity's most gifted magicians? Livia seems to answer this question: True Sight often lies dormant and it is likely that, decades ago, the charr hadn't attained the magical aptitude to awaken it. Mankind had.

     

    The story of Saul Botof's transformation into Saul D'Alessio is, in my opinion, the strongest evidence that Krytan humans were capable of self-awakening the gift of True Sight. Saul was once "a gambler, a cheat, and a drunkard" who was exiled from Kryta and left to fend for himself in the wilderness of the Maguuma. He spent four days eating only roots and berries; four desperate days awakening within himself what years of comfortable living could not. For the first time, he laid eyes upon mursaat.

     

    What followed is well known by players of Guild Wars 1. True Sight risked the livelihood of the mursaat, who began to harvest the chosen to try and prevent more humans like Saul from self-awakening the gift, revolting against them, and inciting Abaddon's ire. Or so the history lesson goes.

     

    Prior to Saul's self-awakening, there is no indication that the mursaat were in any existential danger. Presumably, for quite some time, mursaat had been serenely living alongside Krytan humanity. Why, then, did they put themselves in harm's way by actively preventing the wakening of other humans? They could've killed Saul D'Alessio the moment he discerned them and no one, especially Abaddon, need know. Furthermore, the charr were bearing down on Kryta and without the mursaats' intervention, Krytan humanity would've been annihilated. All the mursaat had to do was wait a while for a possible threat to their survival to be exterminated.

     

    But they didn't. They engaged with Krytan humanity and, seemingly, sealed their own fate. What are we to make of all this?

     

    The mursaat strike me as an extremely intelligent race. They must've realized that, if history was left to run it's own course, Saul wouldn't be the only human to activate True Sight. They needed to act, to engineer Krytan human culture and cull those in whom the gift of True Sight lay dormant. Why do that, though? The answer may lie in the nature of True Sight itself. I don't think that it's merely the ability to see an alien race like the mursaat; I believe that it is a magical term for the mesmer gene and that those in whom it is active are natural mesmers. They may not be professional mesmers, note, but they do feel a unique affinity for the patron of mesmers, the goddess Lyssa, and the wild magic at work in them casts many spells, the basis of which, fellow mesmers would quickly recognize. Saul's story reveals how the gift is most commonly activated: in stressful situations. The exact timeframe behind activation may vary, but placing a chosen human in a stressful situation for at least three days might be enough to awaken True Sight. And we all know that, at the time that the mursaat intervened in Krytan human affairs, the latter were about to embark on a lengthy and bitter war of attrition against the charr. There would be stress, lots of stress, famine, sleep deprivation, and most importantly, trauma. Any chosen who found themselves in the middle of that volatile cocktail could well self-awaken their gift and, even more disturbingly, lose control of it.

     

    In fact, we know of at least one such situation in which chosen may have inadvertently activated their mesmer gene. Saul and a rag-tag handful of sympathetic humans assassinated leaders of the encroaching charr armies. Their actions brought the full fury of the charr down upon them. If that wasn't stressful and traumatic, I don't know what is. Many, perhaps all, of Saul's force suddenly became aware of the mursaat operating among them. Doubtless realizing the ramifications of this self-awakening, the mursaat killed everyone. Not even Saul was spared. The first recorded Krytan human to self-awaken the gift of True Sight was unceremoniously killed atop the Maguuma bloodstone. Indeed, it is entirely possible that the mursaat accompanied Saul's force to ensure that none of them returned from the mission alive, lest any one of them should self-awaken their gift and slip away with history.

     

    And the more I think about this subject, the more I wonder whether the All chose the mursaat to sacrifice themselves for the greater good.

    submitted by /u/stevenharryson
    [link] [comments]

    Time for client side phantasms?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:10 AM PST

    The original idea for a phantasm (from gw1) is that a mesmer torments your mind. However, everybody in gw2 can clearly see the phantasm. Would it be fun and doable to change the phantasm mechanic, add more confusion to the gameplay of mesmer, to make phantasms only visible to the mesmer and the person that was targetted?

    submitted by /u/Kingroad
    [link] [comments]

    The never ending unwinnable Balthazar fight

    Posted: 08 Mar 2021 12:36 PM PST

    While playing through the story missions I've had a few crash at the end, usually after a hard boss fight (I'm a solo squishy), but they have all completed on the second or third attempt. I understand its a known issue although I cant seem to find any solutions.

    However, I'm currently stuck in an endless loop on what is becoming the most irritating mission ever - 'The Departing'. I have to fight an unwinnable Balthazar battle, at which point either it crashes to character select, or plays the cut scene and takes me to the next part of the mission, where I ultimately kill the soul eater and then... I don't know, as that's where I crash to character select if I didn't before.

    I've read and tried the following suggestions - I've tried turning my graphics all the way down (although my PC is pretty good and has no issues anywhere else in game). I've tried skill spamming when the crash point approaches.

    Any suggestions? I'm seriously fed up with Balthazar! Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ExcuseYourWays
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment