• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 20, 2021

    Guild Wars Just a question about ordering Guild Wars 1 on the official website

    Guild Wars Just a question about ordering Guild Wars 1 on the official website


    Just a question about ordering Guild Wars 1 on the official website

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 11:24 PM PST

    I apologize in advance if this is a dumb question, but I noticed Guild Wars 1 available for purchase on the official site. I have never played GW and I think this looks awesome. Question though: Is this a digital or physical purchase? Because it doesn't seem to say which one on the site. It says it gives you the code for the game and it asks for the address, but it doesn't specify which version. Personally, I'd prefer an online version if possible. So which one is it?

    submitted by /u/Monkey-Scientist
    [link] [comments]

    Unboxing the GW1, Pre-Order Bonus Pack.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:08 AM PST

    Fast Luxon Farm

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 04:11 AM PST

    Hello Mates

    I want to get the max title on Lux Points, probably most of the time with my heroes.

    I read that the fastest way nowadays would be mhsc. Is this true? And if so, what Hero Build should i run?

    Any Help would and is very much appreciated.

    Tyvm =)

    submitted by /u/Naevroc
    [link] [comments]

    Is Triple Necro Vanquish/subway the best 3 man necro team ?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 11:48 PM PST

    Hi all

    Two of my friends and me love and only have proph necro. Were all fairly new and barely play so we don't want to make new. So any pointers would be cool. Any suggestions on heroes and build's ?

    submitted by /u/orbitPI
    [link] [comments]

    In appreciation of world/zone design

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 09:49 AM PST

    Just a gush post:

    Been messing around in my limited free time with my level 20 Necromancer I originally created as a teenager when the game released. Amusingly, I've still never beaten Prophecies with this character (or with any character or any campaign for that matter). I've been playing the game over again from Ascalon to familiarize myself with the game again using henchman and I have to say, I really enjoy the world/zone design of this game.

    Sure, Ascalon is 'ugly' but the broken archs and buildings make for interesting spectacles. Crystal meteors, especially the big one in Pockmark Flats, the red sky, the overall feeling of destruction. You can almost smell the burnt hair of Charr. The whole region is playing off the player's memory of pre-Searing (even if pre-Searing was designed last) so those initial zones are constantly reminding you of what used to be. The additional newer zones like Dragon's Gullet provide their own unique terrain. All of Ascalon is just really interesting from the perspective that you are, in the early game, in an area that could be from the endgame of another MMO by comparison in terms of visuals.

    When you finally get 'relief' and get to Yak's Bend and the Shiverpeaks, the game manages to still be interesting. If you're a player just trying to get to Kryta you have two different options and the NPC in Borlis Post outpost even mentions it. The main track has the player's just playing through the two missions before getting to Beacon's Perch and the route to Lion's Arch. However, a player more interested in exploration than the narrative-driven mission can go through Iron Horse Mine, Anvil Rock, and Deldrimor Bowl; each with their own spectacle and points of interest.

    Iron Horse Mine has the mine area itself, the cool 'pipe' rock structure (makes for a cool vista), and that elemental tunnel in the South. Anvil Rock is structured around the mount itself with the rest of the zone oriented around the change in elevation. Its fun just working your way up to the top. Deldrimor Bowl is a little more 'vanilla' but navigating the narrow paths through Dwarven/Centaur villages feel different than the more spread-out zones. With the cool eagle screech playing on occasion.

    In my re-play I'm getting ready Kryta so I'm sure I'll have more to say, but I just am enjoying the zone design in GW... the graphics are 'old' but the art direction and aesthetic keep the game pretty.

    submitted by /u/endlessmeow
    [link] [comments]

    Seven years later, and it’s still great!

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 11:33 AM PST

    Dusted off my old account after seven years, and I've been having a blast. Just three levels shy of (finally!) Defender of Ascalon in Pre after starting a fresh account.

    What rekindled my GW interest? BG3, oddly enough. Mucking about with BG3s EA made me think about all the other great party rpgs I've played.

    Dragon's Dogma I love dearly, but I've done just about everything to be done in that. Highly recommend it, if you've never played.

    Guild Wars was what hooked me, as I've still a lot left to do in it. Figure I'll fight through Prophecies to Lion's Arch and then head to Istan to grab the first Heroes. Then I'll head back and finish Prophecies, Factions, and Nightfall in order.

    Was super stoked to see the Pre-Searing changes. Is there anything else that I should really keep an eye out for?

    Main job is Ranger, but I'm still not sold on a secondary. Was thinking I might go straight Ranger with Incendiary + Apply Poison for big degen pressure.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/SableShrike
    [link] [comments]

    How to know the exact height of a character

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 07:06 AM PST

    I'll keep it short. I want to delete a character and make a new one with the same exact features. Hair color, face type and other stuff is easy to identify. My only concern is that I don't remember the height I put on the original character. Is there any way that I can know the character's height?

    submitted by /u/Laurency
    [link] [comments]

    Need a LA run from ascalon please

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 06:42 AM PST

    Not sure what the going rate is these days but i might be able to pay it. Want to grab my mercenaries. Please and thank you.

    submitted by /u/MycologistDry2316
    [link] [comments]

    Old Returning Player LF friends for ironman playthrough

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:52 AM PST

    Bored during lockdown and missing the social element of guild wars, would love a playthrough of proph played fully in order with no running/skipping, no tomes and no access to storage. I'm normally available around 7-10pm UTC.

    Anyone interested?

    submitted by /u/SlightlyIncandescent
    [link] [comments]

    Survivor glitch?

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 08:30 AM PST

    My pre searing survivor character just got a random death and ruined my progress... How did this happen I only do the vq once a day and don't ever map out or do any shady maneuvers

    submitted by /u/GraphistRS
    [link] [comments]

    Running a Multi Launcher on Mac Big Surs

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 10:33 AM PST

    Hi all,

    i've recently starting playing two accounts and wanted to use a multilauncher, issue is i mainly play on mac and run guild wars through a wine installer called playonmac.

    I've settled on KAOS Launcher as the one i'd like to play on but when i've added this launcher to my C drive on playonmac and run it, it only gives me an error message and doesn't launch.

    Has anyone got any experience running a multilauncher on mac? i don't mind how you're running it as long as it works, any advice would be greatly appreciated

    submitted by /u/bigmusclesfc
    [link] [comments]

    Glint's Challenge Problems

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 06:21 AM PST

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfUaOlNqv4g&ab_channel=Krschkr

    So I've been trying to complete Glints Challenge, mainly for the hero armor. I've followed this video but my team keeps getting wiped out.

    I do have several mercenaries so I bet there's a better build setup I could be using?

    Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

    submitted by /u/sopngeo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment