• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 21, 2021

    Guild Wars Guild Wars running on a Raspberry Pi 4. 2 FPS isn't really playable but I had to try it

    Guild Wars Guild Wars running on a Raspberry Pi 4. 2 FPS isn't really playable but I had to try it


    Guild Wars running on a Raspberry Pi 4. 2 FPS isn't really playable but I had to try it

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 11:39 PM PST

    The Basics

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:35 PM PST

    Did a video essay style video on the genius design of Guild Wars skill system. It's crazy how well this game holds up still!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 01:51 PM PST

    Confused about where to find builds

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 10:38 AM PST

    Hello !

    I've had an itch to play GW for some time, and now finally have the time to dive back in. I used to play ritualist (which I deleted because I wanted survivor, just before they changed the title... good times), then paragon, which became my "title" character.

    Aside from vanquishing on my paragon, I wanted to start anew with a new character (PvE exclusively). I'm currently hesitating between Necromancer, Ritualist and Elementalist. To decide, I thought I'd check some build to get an idea of how they're played currently.

    On https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/, I can't help but notice that :

    1. Mesmer is OP (also RIP prices of runes/insigna lol), and best teams almost exclusively use Mesmer, Ritualist and Necromancer heroes... except for RoJway and Petway with monks and rangers... No elementalists, or melee classes at all ? What happened ? I remember using a couple of eles, with searing flames or Air builds in zones where fire element was not effective, sometimes even earth/water builds, why are these gone ?
    2. As for player builds, I see that most stuff is archived. I remember there being plenty of builds of all kinds and multiple versions of each... For example Ele doesn't have any build with searing flames, and no water / earth builds at all (checking here specifically: https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Category:All_working_general_builds), that necromancer only has an Order of Undeath minion-based build, nothing with Flesh golem or aura of the lich... I could find Hero builds with aura of the lich, but being categorized as "Pve Hero" means it's only usable by AI effectively I guess ? Only Ritualist seems to have the diversity I remember (Signet of ghostly might, signet of spirits, soul twisting, Glaive, healing, protection, etc).

    Has everything been nerfed to oblivion or am I missing something ? Is there another website ? Feels like the diversity has gone down the drain.

    As a bonus, if anyone would have an opinion on which between elementalist, ritualist and necromancer is the most fun to sway my choice, that would be nice !

    Thanks in advance !

    submitted by /u/Askhelon
    [link] [comments]

    I tried to created a printable poster for Abaddon from an in-game mural

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 03:57 PM PST

    What time / days are you most likely to be on guildwars

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 08:33 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    Not sure if a poll is the best way to measure this, but wanted to get an idea of when most players are in game. Hit the polls or comment below when you are most likely to play and what days! Also I've put est as a benchmark, so if it's not too much trouble pls state where you are playing from / your time and est time if different!

    Thank you!

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/flyingsquirreldude
    [link] [comments]

    My paragon can't use command skills?!

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 04:26 PM PST

    Hey guys, I have run into a problem with my paragon character, it seems to have no command skills.

    It's lvl 12 now, I can spend attribute points to command, but 'command' is not in my list for skills. This has been the case since I started the character and I just found out after my friend asked me why I didn't use any command skills. (paragon is new for me since I started playing again after 12ish years)

    My heroes also cannot select any command skills, and skill traders don't have command skills available for me. As if the whole attribute is non existent.

    I tried talking to all the paragon experts in the training area but no solutions. My alliance also has no idea what I am talking about.

    Can someone please explain this or help me?

    submitted by /u/Sjeik_Yerbooti
    [link] [comments]

    Need some advice for HoM

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 01:31 PM PST

    Hey all,

    I played for several years before GW2 came out but I was always super casual. I am thinking about getting back into playing because I would like to finish out all 50 points in the HoM. So I could use some help if you would please.

    What PvP title would be the "easiest" to work towards?

    Is PvXwiki the only place to look for builds? Like I said it was always real casual so I don't even fully understand the character/hero build systems.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/redfenix117
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment