• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 26, 2021

    Guild Wars 2 No more lags (?)

    Guild Wars 2 No more lags (?)


    No more lags (?)

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 02:56 AM PST

    I dont know about you, but I haven't run into any lag issues for more than a month now. I run a meta/bounty-train almost daily and in stark contrast to the few month before, i haven't notices any lags at all. Nothing with a full squad at legendary bounties or even any skill-lags at Leyline.

    Seems like to me, since their dev post in december they actually fixed their game, as I haven't see a reddit-rant for a while now. In that case, huge props to Anet.

    Might still be a single observation, so do you have the same experience or do you still get huge lags?

    submitted by /u/GinQQ
    [link] [comments]

    Champions: Power Music by Stan LePard and my observations ��

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 02:54 AM PST

    Here we meet again to talk about my favourite topic - music :)

    The soundtrack for this release was all about the new, epic arrangements of Jormag's theme that at first in game appeared as very strange all the way, but in time it gained creepy quality to it with Drakkar's theme and Whisper of Jormag. And then in Drizzlewood's battle music we could hear how Drakkar's creepy music combines with charr-related music - much more drums, trumpets - this remind me about tracks like The Charr Triumphant from the original ost. So it's very nice that charr music still has that nice militarian quality to it, as in the beginning of GW2.

    Now the music for Power is all of those 3 motives combined - strangeness, creepiness, epicness which is showed especially in Jormag's World 1A. This particular track is the extended version of the track that we hear in The Icebrood Saga's Trailer music (by Stan LePard) - 1:19 - I am talking about this moment till the end. You can clearly hear the same instruments and even a bit of male choir.

    I LOVE how consistent the music is, it really shows how planned out the whole soundtrack for Saga is! Like even Primordus' theme has a hint of Jormag's theme to show musically that those Dragons are siblings - two sides of one coin!

    Jormag's World 1A is the full version that was divided into 3 other renditions:

    Jormag's World 1B - a bit Jormag and a bit of charr's melodies

    Jormag's World 1C - more strange and creepy

    Jormag's World 1D - more militarian and charr

    Other track that has 4 renditions as well is Jormag's World 2A that has a lot of different variations of Jormag's leitmotives and different phases throughout the whole track bringing about all the qualities I mentioned at the beginning with a slight resemblence to The Frost Legion.

    The track begins with an intro that has that big brass opening and a slight creepiness that reminds me about Joko's music - the Scarab Plague one. Soon after the drums come in. And at 1:15 it all combines with different creepy sounds. 1:36 adds even more to the track - female choir. And soon after it all combines with a scent of male choir. This moment when choirs begin chanting it reminds me about Whisper of Jormag - Jormag's World 2A is indeed based on this particular track.

    After the choir, we return once again to creepy music that reminds us about Drakkar that culminates at 2:24 with a shout from female choir and opens a new phase in the track - brass is once again setting the ground for build up and now the male choir kicks in - it's my favourite part of this track - how well it's all combined with brass and drums, and then also we hear a different Drakkar's melody that is neutralized by heavy sounds of brass and drums, and then it once again goes from charr-like music to creepy Jormag's leitmotif. But those two are in a perfect harmony. 3:32 is where the ending begins - it feels like an approaching march.

    Jormag's World 2B - it's more Ice Dragon-y

    Jormag's World 2C - more charr - loads of different drums

    Jormag's World 2D - it's a different rendition where you can hear more violin

    And this is the moment we talk about my favourite music of this patch: Jormag's World and its rendition: Welcome to the New World.

    It's a complete new music for Jormag, different approach - this track is so powerful, so incredible - it's the first of that type of music in the Saga that is actually so complex and different - based on Jormag's leitmotif that has only slightly charr-militarian music quaility to it - which I think in all cases of the tracks I stated above represent Ryland - Jormag's Champion - the male choir, drums, brass - it's all musically him.

    The choir in this track is so incredible, you can hear it in every phase of this track. This track has 3 phases. The way Stan composed it reminds me about The Crystal Dragon from All or Nothing.

    The first phase ends at 1:43 and is a build up to the choir that finishes that phase. From 0:00 to 0:53 it's mostly brass and drums, but I love the way they sound, it just feels like Stan unleashed the full potential of all the instruments. The at 0:53 choir appear that make it all much complex. I love how they sing the notes from Jormag's theme, so slowly and putting a good pace to the track, and the brass and drums don't overshadow the choir, but just make it all so rich and full. And then at 1:12 - the moment when the build up ends, and brass, drums and percussion kicks in, it's just so perfect!

    The first phases ends with male choir and a shout from female choir that concludes the first phase.

    Then second phase starts at 1:44 with a very clear, epic Jormag's motif. The whole phase is all about showing off Jormag's leitmotif with militarian sounds and choir and very cool rhythm that drums set. Almost at the end it finishes with more Ryland-charr- music and then we return to the choir that let's us know there is another phase, final phase coming up.

    The choir has its own build up - at first it was pretty shy in the first phase. In second phase it was getting more present during the phase, but in the end of second phase that female choir can be more clearly heard and then when the final phase begins - we hear so nicely that incredible, powerful beginning that now female choir gives at 3:12.

    And my favourite moment is when that raw sound of Far Shiverpeaks start playing, reminds me about jouhikko, but I'm not sure if that's this instrument... I wonder if Stan used the samples from Maclaine...

    Anyway, the melody reminds me about Alpine Marches and that's why I just love how epic it sounds in this track! It just sounds so raw, so strong and truly marvelous ending for such great track. It finishes with male shout, drums and brass that once again indicate Ryland I think.

    The rendition of Jormag's World - Welcome to the New World feels like a phenomenal way to display that rawness that can be heard at the end of Jormag's World. It has very similar phases and build up, except it's as I said more raw, ice-y, feels so Scandinavian, I just freaking love it!!!

    A phenomenal way to make Bjora Marches music even more epic!!!

    tl;dr - read it please, I spend so many hours to think about all of this 🥺

    Thank You so much for taking time and read it. <3

    Music nerd signs off

    submitted by /u/MichramGW2
    [link] [comments]

    Finished another Asura Commission, an Elementalist this time.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:07 AM PST

    No, this is the best trailer Anet Ever made!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:27 AM PST

    If Anet asked you to invent/create/design a strike mission boss

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:46 AM PST

    What would you do ?

    How would the boss look like ? Which type of area ? What mechanics ? Would it be a difficult boss ? A easy one ? What would he loot ? Tied to the story (like cold war, whisper of jormag, shiverpeaks, fraenir...) or unique ? (bonneskinner, voice and claw of jormag...) ? A IBS one or from another period of the game ?

    Show everyone your imagination !

    submitted by /u/scarocci
    [link] [comments]

    The best trailer Anet has ever made to date.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 09:24 AM PST

    When do things pick up?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:52 AM PST

    So I recently started playing GW2, and so far (don't kill me) it's been very dry. All I do is run around doing renown quests. Also I'm aware of the PvP and WvW feature, but as far as the lore and main story line go, do things change or is it just going around and finishing the quests and unlocking waypoints and such?? I just want to know whether it's worth spending more time on this game or whether it will be a waste. Also this is from an F2P perspective, so do things get interesting anytime before endgame without the expansions? And if so, when?

    submitted by /u/_Yumesaki_
    [link] [comments]

    No hope for pvp

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:17 PM PST

    Best farming method at this moment?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 08:19 AM PST

    Just crafted my ascended gear and now I want to craft a legendary. i was wondering which is the best farming method as of now? How much gold per hour? It can be something other that PvE, also.
    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/RoachIsBae
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any gothic/haunted aesthetic zones?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 06:04 AM PST

    Looking to change up the pace of my exploration a bit and I'm always a fan of the more gothic inspired zones in MMOs. I haven't ventured far but the only region that has this feel so far, and it's mostly due to lighting and atmosphere, is Blazeridge Steppes. Is there anywhere else I should explore?

    submitted by /u/BranWheatKillah
    [link] [comments]

    Solo Class Help

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:57 AM PST

    Hi All, I am returning to GW2 after a few years away and I would like opinions/help on what class out of the below would be good/fun to level up 1-80 and then do the HoT and PoF content. Every now and then ill chuck a dungeon in for exp also.

    Thief (To become Daredevil P/P)

    Ranger (To become some sorta Soulbeast build) and Engineer (To become some sorta Holosmith build)

    All opinions welcome!

    submitted by /u/thesurfinbird94
    [link] [comments]

    New to the GW2, looking for introductory advice

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 05:08 PM PST

    I downloaded the game about two weeks ago, and have played a bit almost every day (1-2hrs most of the time). I've really enjoyed the story aspects and the basic leveling I've done so far. I've gotten my two characters to level 20 and completed the first maps for each of their respective races (Human and Norn). I have a free account, but am considering buying the expansion content because I have thoroughly enjoyed the game so far. I've tried elementalist and guardian professions and I like guardian a lot more than elementalist. How much further should I play/level elementalist before deciding whether to keep it or not? I think I like the guardian abilities enough to keep leveling that one, but I'm unsure about my second character slot. Is there a rule of thumb about how far to level a class before determining if it's enjoyable?

    submitted by /u/mxralston
    [link] [comments]

    Dungeons and inventories

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:38 PM PST

    I am a beginner currently at around lv. 50 and I have complete the first dungeon (Ascalon), I have some questions regarding dungeons generally:

    1. is Dungeon good for gaining experience and leveling up?
    2. I got many masterwork weapons in Dungeons so I salvaged them or I sell them in trading post, may I ask is it a good way to farm gold? Since I want to buy the copper-fed salvage kit as soon as possible.
    3. Currently, I only have 56 inventory slots, should I buy 18 slot or 20 slot bags for farming more gears for salvaging after getting from dungeons, as there is a huge difference betweeen the costs?

    Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/ascorbicAcid1300
    [link] [comments]

    The NEW DYNAMIC UI was great, but please can we have separate options for STORY/ACHIEVEMENTS/EVENTS ?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 02:04 AM PST

    I would like to hide my achievements and current story while out of combat but it also hides the event panel :(

    submitted by /u/DemethValknut
    [link] [comments]

    Game Client Issues today?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 07:33 PM PST

    Guild Wars 2 is really looking great with the NVIDIA filters (ingame footage)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 11:54 AM PST

    Path of Fire already having Heart of Thorns?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 05:05 AM PST

    So i already have the Heart of Thorns expansion, and I intend to buy Path of fire.

    Will i just "lose" the second HoT that now comes with PoF? or do i get a promotion?

    If anyone knows and let me know what happens I would be very grateful.

    submitted by /u/Thiluzz
    [link] [comments]

    Necromancer synergy Duo

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 10:56 PM PST

    Hey gang,

    Looking to start up GW2 again with my GF and I need help picking a class. I plan on having my GF play Reaper Necro because that seems the easiest class. But what should I play to compliment her? I want to be able to deal a solid chunk of damage but mostly focus on keeping her alive. (Edit: I want to point out that she's new to MMOs and isn't a super great gamer) I like engineer and I think I have a set of purple armor from my thief already (from several years ago) which would make life for us a lot easier since I'll already have decent gear. But is there a good engi build with decent heals for my group? Ranger also uses medium armor, so that might work and I know the Druid class is great for healing, but can it dish any damage? I was tempted to play Elementalist because I love casters and cloth armor, but I feel like I'd be too squishy. Sorry if any of this sounds really stupid, I haven't played in like 4 years. (I quit around the time mounts came out)

    Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/QuantumVoid
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Is there any difference with ncsoft codes and arenanet codes?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 12:46 AM PST

    I've been thinking about buying path of fire code but it says it will be a ncsoft code/key. So I was wondering if I were to buy it how do I activate it?

    Thanks for answering!

    submitted by /u/ExhiLL
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with Gw2 Multi Launcher

    Posted: 26 Jan 2021 01:32 AM PST

    Hi,

    I'm used to connect myself trough 2 accounts on my computer with a multi launcher. It was working super fine until today. I'd like to know, if it's just me or if the issue come from the software ?

    thanks,

    submitted by /u/FafaScinant
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment