• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 5, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 05, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 05, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 05, 2020

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I play sPvP

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:23 PM PST

    Norn players finding out Icebrood Saga is a Charr focused storyline

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:28 AM PST

    Apparently anet is looking to hire a new WvW dev! Anyone want to step up and save the game mode?!?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:47 PM PST

    Link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/arenanet/jobs/2516806

    Text:

    SENIOR GAME DESIGNER - WORLD VS. WORLD SYSTEMS

    Bellevue, WA

    WHO WE ARE

    We're ArenaNet—we've created a studio that makes online worlds infused with innovation, hand-crafted excellence, and creative passion. We're not the only ones who share this passion; gamers made Guild Wars 2 the fastest selling MMO game in the West with more than 3 million copies sold in its first 9 months, and players and press have consistently called it one of the best MMOs of all time.

    Our studio is built on foundations of excellence with a focus on community. We constantly innovate, unlocking the true potential of online role-playing with game-changing titles like Guild Wars 2 and beyond. The status quo is not good enough for our dedicated worldwide community of players, which is why we question the de facto industry conventions and demand more from ourselves as developers.

    WHO YOU ARE

    We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Game Designer with a passion for online games to work on Guild Wars 2. Candidates must have extensive game playing experience across a wide variety of game genres and be proficient in designing and maintaining systems for a live game. An ideal candidate would also have experience in content design. For information about our team and products, please visit www.arenanet.com.

    WHAT YOU'LL DO include the following.
    Design, implement and maintain systems and features for Guild Wars 2

    • Design and implement new and exciting content and systems for Guild Wars 2 with a focus on large scale competitive PvP (WvW).
    • Maintain and revise existing game systems
    • Playtest and iterate on designs in a highly collaborative environment
    • Communicate with artists, programmers and other members of the design team
    • Work with UI/UX to help players better understand Guild Wars 2's many systems
    • Work with analytics to determine strategy for updating old systems or introducing new
    • Mentor other designers on developing system design skills
    • Other duties may be assigned.

    WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL

    • 5+ Years of professional experience as a game designer
    • Experience in Systems design, preferably on a live game
    • Experience in Content design
    • Experience with scripting languages
    • Experience with large scale, competitive PvP games (World vs. World) a big plus
    • Must work well in a creative team environment
    • Must be an avid gamer with extensive experience playing games
    • Passion for Guild Wars
    • Strong communication and collaboration skills
    • Creativity and innovation
    • Strong problem-solving abilities
    • Creative writing ability
    • Familiarity with Word and Excel
    submitted by /u/K_Then
    [link] [comments]

    Extreme lags

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 05:10 AM PST

    Does anybody else have extreme lags since this week? I have 400MBit down, with only GW2 on, but still sometimes my attacks have a delay of around 1 second, it's nearly unplayable.

    Edit: My GF is playing right beside me but doesn't have those lags at the same time on the same map in the same LAN, doesn anybody have an idea?

    submitted by /u/dasnerft
    [link] [comments]

    World Boss Mechanic Concept Idea

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 06:55 AM PST

    World Boss Mechanic Concept Idea

    I thought it would be cool if we had a world boss that had vertical lanes. Ones where the environment can turn against us.

    So I had this in mind for whatever champion of Primordus we end of facing, and I really liked descending into the volcano in LWS3. We've seen multiple versions of horizontal lane fights but I wondered what would make a vertical one more interesting.

    So some pre event happens that breaks the barriers into the main fighting lanes, maybe teaches you some of the world boss mechanics as well.

    People pick a lane to fight in, each with their own fight conditions, similar to Triple Trouble, but all with a random chance of the room flooding with lava. You have only moments to make your way to the back of the room before getting roasted alive. The room below the flooded one gets random lava dropping from the ceiling. Along with those effects, it would be cool if they bring back deathbranded shatterer's portal attacks in some way like this. I thought it would be exciting if the boss could attack from several areas, that way it keeps you alert and the need to be a little bit coordinated.

    Thanks for checking this out. I'd love to hear everyone's own ideas of what would make a cool World Boss fight!

    submitted by /u/Tepanwa
    [link] [comments]

    Which fractal am I in?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:54 PM PST

    Apparently new music was also added in Tuesday's patch (or perhaps I missed those on the Truce release)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 02:19 PM PST

    Just a quick music post :)

    youtu.be/5CsYfTaharE

    Another rendition of "The Wild's Presence", but it's much more epic version than before.

    https://youtu.be/9fg9mR0bOJ4

    Also different version of "The Wild's Presence", but it's drums only.

    https://youtu.be/E1ugNxQ8TUw

    And this one was a very interesting finding, because it's another version of "War Cry" music from No Quarter.

    Even if I just missed those track on the release over 2 weeks ago, still I really like those three "new" tracks. :)

    Here is a playlist of all the music from Truce so far:

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoWbt6DU6URtuovYlNNS0Dc79CF_fSyi6

    Music nerd signs off :)

    submitted by /u/MichramGW2
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change effect sounds on a Druid Staff?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 08:01 AM PST

    So quick question, I'm really new to the game (been playing for about 2-3 weeks now) and loving it. I just got my druid unlocked and the staff which is so cool, but the regular attack sound for [Solar Beam] quite literally hurts my head after a few hours. I don't want to turn down the effects sound because I love all the other effects and everyone's effects I'm playing with but this one I really do try to ignore.

    Is there a cosmetic or something that I can get for it that will change the sound, I'd even be willing to purchase something if I have to.

    submitted by /u/AeroThatsMee
    [link] [comments]

    Huge sudden performance drop (long)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 05:10 PM PST

    So normally I only try to figure these things out on my own and this is a long post and I know most don't want to read so much, but it's actually hard to explain... I have experienced such a drastic change in my game performance that has persisted or gotten worse over a very short time that I'm really interested if it's just me or possibly to do with an update that affected some others as well in just the last couple days or so

    First off, I've played the game for years on multiple devices and my new pc is only 4 months old with much better specs than my last, but never experienced issues like I have now, and GW2 seems to be the only thing affected by whatever it is. The issue is, I'll be in game and have normal fps running around pve maps of ~30-50, but just in the last couple days I'll get constant fps spikes to as low as 1 or fully freezing for a second or two, which I've had before but this lag will not go away at all even after restarting the game/pc, as well as a game repair, and it's actually noticeably worse today than yesterday. I also often get coinciding ping spikes but not always and occasionally when I get a big spike the sound will lag and distort at the same time.

    This is what really has me more confused though, what I always like to do to test issues is go into WvW and see how my performance is in there... so after running around Queensdale with mostly normal fps but still getting a lot of quick low spikes, I load into wvw and start running in circles and I'm sitting at 75-80fps with no drops whatsoever. I really just don't know what to make of it since usually both will/should be affected

    Like I said I just want to see if anyone else had such a drastic change very recently because I really can't decide how much could be an issue with the game or my PC, considering only GW2 is having any kind of problems at all and my machine is still (relatively) brand new

    edit: I've been running in wvw since the reset just now, and I can tell that it is definitely related to the number of nearby players because it gets unplayable when the third mob shows up, but is still at max fps sitting at home. But I had already set the model limit to low and it has always been fine at medium before

    submitted by /u/ScyD
    [link] [comments]

    Was this a thing that actually happened?

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:18 PM PST

    PSA: Superior Sigil of Torment Recipe available on PSNA today

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 06:25 PM PST

    Superior Sigil of Torment Recipe available on PSNA rotation today. Don't miss it!

    Currently available from The Fox at [&BMMCAAA=], use this WP [&BMwCAAA=].

    submitted by /u/imaginary_lemon
    [link] [comments]

    Choosing class without elite specialization

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 07:06 AM PST

    Im new to the game and am not looking to spend money on expansions.

    I saw an old thread about this topic but I was just wondering if anything has changed.

    Can you guys give me ur thoughts on thief and ranger without elite specialization?

    If these 2 arent that good without elite specialization, which class would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/MomosEhh
    [link] [comments]

    Submission for Wintersday Contest 2019 [Fanart] - I rarely do fanart, but this was a neat little contest held by my Guild Wars 2 PvE guild which I just HAD to enter.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 06:57 AM PST

    I've got a cool visual bug

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 02:53 AM PST

    Can't find Frigid Paw for Saving Skyscales

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 06:51 AM PST

    I've been looking everywhere for Frigid Paw in Frostgorge but I cannot find him anywhere.

    submitted by /u/NatnMO
    [link] [comments]

    What makes reaper fun to play mechanically, not lorewise?

    Posted: 05 Dec 2020 04:08 AM PST

    A fun PVE Deadeye boss solo build

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 01:59 PM PST

    I found this build and gave it a try. It isn't as easy as the vid makes it look but if you're a competent thief against bosses with fewer mobs its pretty darn good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z26CTAM2fWQ&t=759s

    You don't need to be a mechanical god for sure, but you do need to be mechanically competent and have decent timing.

    submitted by /u/Trixi_Morrigna
    [link] [comments]

    Exposing HACKERS in Gw2 + How to counter hacks (A follow up to my previous video)

    Posted: 04 Dec 2020 07:56 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment