• Breaking News

    Saturday, December 19, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 19, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 19, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - December 19, 2020

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 05:00 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Creative GW2 players made a rocketship!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:42 PM PST

    WINTERSDAY Fashion Contest! | Sunday 20th

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 03:18 AM PST

    Hello Reddit,

    Christmas is just around the corner and it's finally time for a wintery themed fashion contest! This Sunday 20th, MightyTeapot and myself will be holding yet another fashion contest just like the very SPOOKY one we held back during Halloween!

    We had a lot of fun last time, thank you very much for joining us and participating we're really happy about the response and look forward to running many more events for the community!

    If you've missed the Halloween event last time here's the highlights: THE EXTRA SCARY FASHION CONTEST!

    Like always there will be 4 winners on EU and 4 on NA. The main category is going to be Wintersday themed, and the votes for all of them will be held on our Discord! through reactions from you guys!

    Here are the categories to compete in!

    Cozy Wintersday

    Best Cosplay

    Most original

    People's Vote

    Prizes for each category will be starting from 200 Mystic Coins and 200 Gold, you can send more during the actual event if you're feeling generous, and the winners of the Main category will receive 200 extra Gold, 200 extra Mystic Coins, a Ghostly Infusion and a PERSONAL DRAWING OF THEIR CHARACTER made by our trustworthy artists here at Hardstuck.

    The whole event will be streamed over at twitch.tv/MightyTeapot and it will start at 8PM CET in Lion's Arch on EU and will then move onto the NA server later on!

    Be on time because contestants will not be able to join the fashion queue shortly after the contest starts!

    We hope to see a lot of you there and if you're interested in more events like these then the best way to do that is to join our Discord!

    submitted by /u/Hiimmela
    [link] [comments]

    SOLO Lupi Chronomancer [0:59]

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 06:59 AM PST

    I'll never get over how beautiful this game is! Picture in Amnoon :)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:54 PM PST

    Made 3 payments, all got rejected, and account is now banned

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:43 AM PST

    Good day, community!

    I'm sorry that I joined this subreddit and start posting with a complaint, but I hope maybe you can advise something in my situation or share additional contacts: being banned doesn't allow me to navigate much (yes, another post about a ban out of blue, at least for me). Also, sorry for potential mistakes, English is my second language.

    Anyway, I wish you all the best of the day!

    TLDR, so far for me this is the story:

    I've made 3 payments, all of them were rejected on the ArenaNet's side for the unknown and untold reason, and after that I got the ban for account and accussions in fraud. My attempts to communicate with a support is rather unlucky: same response or silent ticket closing by the same support person, signed as Trey. I'm open to communicate about this issue, but sadly it's not the same for ArenaNet. Being a old player, it hurts. I want to restore my name and my account. What I should next?

    Long story in details:

    I've started to play around 2014, bought Core licence, was a naive and little girl back then =) Aw, sweet times! I was living in Russia at that moment. As time pass, I made hiatus in my playing because, well, life happens. I've managed to relocate to The Netherlands in the meantime.

    So, because of the lockdown and stuff, I've decided to come back a couple of weeks ago. Little did I know!

    On Dec 4 I've been trying to purchase some gems within the game shop to add new character slot for my account. I've failed multiple times because of an inner error, you know, the one that flash for 0.5 sec. I've raised a support ticket about that (#7959993) which didn't help much with advise to "try later" or "to purchase gems from official retailer", which, as I've checked, don't have any gem cards in the Netherlands.

    I've been trying to buy them with my Russian ruble Visa card and with my Dutch Maestro euro one via the iDeal system. I've filled two billing addresses -- Russian, as my registry, and Dutch one, as my current one --- each of them associated with related card in my banks. Both cards failed multiple times until I finally somehow managed to buy gems in a game with my Maestro card and, again, with VISA. I paid 10 euros and 700 rubles.

    On Dec 6 I've also purchased PoF extension with order #70404053639. Again, I was experiencing the same problems with purchasing it in a game client, so I soon went straight to the website and bought it, again, with my ABN AMRO card via iDeal. I've paid 79.99 euros.

    Everything was just fine, I've played a bit, and then I wasn't able to log in anymore, neither with the game client nor via the web-site. I've also got a weird email from ArenaNet about "my ordered refund", which I did not order, for PoF extension. I've created a new support-ticket (#7963253), described my situation, and mentioned this refund letter. I was confused about why I received one and thought support will help with that.

    I've got a response from a support manager that I've been flagged because of the use of VPN a couple of days ago on the same machine with the game client. Okay, got it, won't do it again. The support person also said that I should be able to log in again and didn't mention anything regarding the refund letter. I thought it was just a mailer mistake, maybe because I've tried to purchase it a couple of times with no result, and because I also didn't get any money back on my card at that moment.

    I've checked the game a couple of days later but still wasn't able to log in. With responding to the last support email, I've opened a new ticket (#7967502), from which I've got the news that I was banned because of the fraud.

    I also discovered that I've got back my purchases: 10 euros and 700 rubles for gems, and 79.99 euros for PoF. I guess this is the reason?

    The thing is, I did not request any refunds from my side and I don't understand why ArenaNet rejected my payments days later (my Banks were just fine with these transactions).

    I've contacted my banks to gather details about the refund. As Banks state, they don't know the reason for the transaction rejection, because it was made on the ArenaNet side.

    End of the story.

    And... that's it. I share the whole story with transactions reference to Arena support, and I've got the same "bot" not-friendly response:

    As a result of these criteria or associations, this account has been permanently closed and is ineligible to be reopened for any reason.

    Unfortunately, there is no further assistance or information we can provide you regarding this issue or account. Further replies may not receive a response.

    My tickets were closed. I've opened new ones, with more details and asking to treat me as a customer, not a criminal, but they were closed by the same Trey guy.

    I've studied all the Reddit treads with similar issue. I've tried to ask to estimate my ticket to a higher person in support, got same answer from the same guy. I've even asked the contacts of "payment processor" to resolve it with them directly, and got ignored.

    At first, of course, I was crushed, even cried a bit. Maybe it's not much, but for me my account linked with many treasured moments, friends, and hopes to survive this corona times. I'm feeling right now robbed and insulted, and the worse part, that it's the support of the product I've paid for. I think it's not a proper way to treat a customer.

    For know, I'm feeling more calm and collected, but determined as well =) Again, I want to restore my name. Fraud accusations? It's not something that you can easily lush on someone without any feedback.

    Is there any way to contact peeps who are responsible for these support rate surveys? I want to at least my ticket being viewing by someone else, because this guy basically ignoring me at this moment. So, I want to leave a "support ticket" about the support quality, as to say.

    I'm also thinking about raising a ticket for personal data backed up with GDPR, to try to get the reason of a ban. What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Zewtai
    [link] [comments]

    Scrolled through some screenshots I had saved in Steam. Mini's bombing cinematics never gets old.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 08:04 PM PST

    See You in 2021 – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:07 AM PST

    F99 CM Skorvald solo [5:33] - Renegade

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 07:27 AM PST

    Guild Wars 2 - SAB Guild Hall Jumping Puzzle - [DPS] Gilded Hollow

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 02:53 PM PST

    Impaired player, trying to pick a class

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 01:15 AM PST

    Without getting into too much detail, the tldr is I have hand issues and reaction time issues. The easier a class is to play the better off I'll be, otherwise there's a fair chance I won't even be able to play it to begin with. This is basically my first time back in almost two years so figured I would ask before diving in head first since the classes have likely changed a bit since I last played. Obviously this means I avoid PvP and high end content so you don't really need to take any of that into account. I suppose if I had an understanding guild I might try some of it eventually but it's really not a concern for me.

    I've been hunting around for ideas, the big ones that seem to get repeated a lot are minion necro (scourge and reaper have both been recommended), a bearbow ranger, and a staff mirage? I was under the impression mesmer was pretty hard to play and required a lot of movement but it does seem to get recommended a lot so figured I would ask about it.

    Any help is appreciated. I've been missing MMO's a lot lately and after having tried a few others, this seems to be the one that was recommended again for being easier to play. Far less skill/button bloat than most other MMO's for certain.

    submitted by /u/sutasafaia
    [link] [comments]

    The raiding community opposed adding an easymode LFR mode because they thought it would siphon development time away from normal raids, and ended up getting no development time on raids because almost nobody plays the content in the first place.

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 04:38 PM PST

    This feels like a pretty brutal self-own. Blizzard conceded that LFR in WoW was a mistake, but that was in the context of a game that was built for raiding from day one and was added 7 years after the game's launch with a large audience of players already interested in raiding.

    ArenaNet, on the other hand, had to sell raiding to an audience of casual players who had little interest in raiding compared to the playerbases of games like FFXIV and WoW. It would not have been a mistake to add an easymode difficulty to get players used to the feeling of raiding in a ten man group, having a general idea of what the raid bosses did (even if much less punishing-- for example, Sabetha flamethrower wouldn't one shot you), cross-pollinating with better players, and having an automated system assemble a group for you.

    Might be too late to salvage the situation at this point?

    submitted by /u/Magehunter_Skassi
    [link] [comments]

    [Fanart] Hooray! Hooray! It's Wintersday! I drew all the best things about Wintersday: presents, Bell Choir Ensemble and the right to go around the town with Mini Festive Lord Faren!

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:33 AM PST

    Starting in gw2

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 08:09 AM PST

    is there anything i should know? i picked up human guardian not sure if it is what i like tho

    submitted by /u/OutlandishnessOk2345
    [link] [comments]

    Frostbitten Orichalcum Harvesting Sickle doesn't give snowflakes while harvesting. [BROKEN]

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 10:00 AM PST

    [Event][EU] 24th Dec Evening - Wintersday Celebration!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 12:33 PM PST

    Hey there!

    For the last 4 years, I've been running a small community event on Christmas Eve, tagging up and gathering people in order to share presents and enjoy sometimes especially for those who have to spend it alone.

    After the tough previous months, this year it seems like it was even more important than before to keep this event alive considering some might even be forced to stay alone due to lockdown and other restrictions caused by Covid.

    So if your plan was to spend your Christmas Eve on GW2, why not join a community event and celebrate together?

    Thanks to the generosity of people from the Nebula Adventuring Crew Guild (NAC), I'll have more than 1 000 gold worth of items to give away, including one Dawn, the greatsword precursor!

    Time & Day - How to join

    The event will be held on the 24th December. We will be starting at 8pm CET and play through the night until people get too tired for it.

    Just put on your Wintersday outfits, skins, mounts and minis and join whenever you want!

    The squad will be in the LFG as long as there is room, but you can also add me in game (Nelsiemon.3450)

    Sadly, this is for EU only :(

    What's planned?

    We will be doing mostly Core Tyria activities together so that F2P players can join as well, but if there aren't many of those, we will be moving HoT and PoF meta events!

    Activities will include, but not limited to:

    • World Bosses: let's wish a Merry Wintersday to Tequatl, The Claw of Jormag and the Karka Queen!
    • Wintersday activities: we will join the Wintersday Race and wander around Divinity's Reach giving presents to orphans for Karma!
    • Quizzes and Mini games: questions about Guild Wars lore and others so that you can win the shinies!

    There is no fixed schedule atm and we will adjust depending on what people want to do! Last year we ended up doing a Wintersday Dragon's Stand run and a lot of Path of Fire meta events before finishing the run quietly in Divinity's Reach.

    How can I help?

    If you want to help organising the event (especially for events where we will have to split the squads like for the Lair of the Snowmen and some of the meta events), feel free to send me a message in game, that would be welcome!

    Also if you feel like making a donation, I'll add it to the pool for the giveaway!

    Here's a picture of the items we got so far!

    Merry Wintersday all!

    submitted by /u/Nelsiemon
    [link] [comments]

    Elementalist / Tempest Twitch Streamer?

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 04:26 AM PST

    Im new to the game, and i wanna know how to play and maybe ask questions, is there any decent Elementalist Twitch streamer that i can watch? thx

    edit: also, english stream

    submitted by /u/farizmatic
    [link] [comments]

    Highlight of my night (sorry for the quality, filmed on phone at work)

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 07:31 PM PST

    PSA new? (and cheaper) snow making guild hall decorations

    Posted: 19 Dec 2020 02:56 AM PST

    First of all -I am not sure if this was added this year or before. I didnt check them so much after wintersday come and only made new stars. Wiki page is from this year and I think I would notice it last year..but not 100% sure.

    But there is (mayby) new snow making machine. Old one called "Snow maker" is asura device which fly in air and make snow -cost 15 snow piles each (aka 1500 snowflakes). New one is called "Snowfall drifts" - its just mist/cloud in air which make snowfall and its cost only 4 snow piles (400 snowflakes). From what i can tell its looking even better then snowmaker.

    So if you want get some Wintersday atmosfere to your guild, and you are not super rich, this is the way to go.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Servel85
    [link] [comments]

    Secret Toymaker hits it out of the park!

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 09:36 AM PST

    Secret Toymaker hits it out of the park!

    Haha I said I liked chickens and received this miniature which I hadn't unlocked yet so its perfect!

    Thank you so much this is awesome!

    What did everyone else get?

    https://preview.redd.it/ts677xrdez561.png?width=766&format=png&auto=webp&s=b374c394580a38bd3dc220848cb5d707816c903d

    submitted by /u/spiderskillchickens
    [link] [comments]

    Verdant Brink Nightboss

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 05:06 PM PST

    Hey guys, I am a player coming back after a long break and I am trying to get some achievements and mastery points done. Now there is only the mordrem tetrad nightboss left, but I can't find people to kill it. Tried with lfg several days but only 1 or 2 joined. Also asking in Map chat didn't help. Now my question is, if someone has tips to solo it or maybe knows a Guild that would be willing to help. PS: I am in EU

    submitted by /u/AlphaDZero
    [link] [comments]

    All these festival helms, and a sweater, but what i need..

    Posted: 18 Dec 2020 03:34 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment