• Breaking News

    Friday, November 13, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Mind Games- my Huevember 10th art

    Guild Wars 2 Mind Games- my Huevember 10th art


    Mind Games- my Huevember 10th art

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 01:05 AM PST

    Thor Cosplay

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:40 AM PST

    Just a regular moment in Guild Wars 2

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:42 AM PST

    I just air-dropped above a combat zone, mounted on my Griffin mid-air, dive-bombed towards the ground, pulled back up and sped across a water body, landed on the beach of the other side, hopped on my Roller Beetle, blasted through enemy lines, recharged my booster, blasted uphill, stealthed myself and my vehicle along the last few metres as to not end up in combat, switched from my Roller Beetle to my Skyscale, ascended towards a ley line, lept off my dragon mid-air, deployed my glider, rode the ley line all the way to the main boss battle feeling immensely accomplished using all the skills and masteries my character accumulated over the years and which set him apart from a fresh lvl80, re-mounted my Griffin mid-air, flapped once to cross the cliff of the plateau, dive-bombed to take up speed, jetted around the plateau towards a lower area, landed on a ledge, switched to my Jackal and into my heal/boon loadout, stutter-teleported off the ledge towards the battle that raged, engaged with a strong AoE barrier and started to participate.

    I could've just teleported straight to the battle, but it's too rewarding and fun getting there manually.

    Well done, ArenaNet.

    submitted by /u/hinawerdan
    [link] [comments]

    7 years of dragon slaying. Finally completed the sunless set.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 04:38 PM PST

    So I ended up orchestrating a tower of Skyscales. (What MMOs are all about)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 08:36 PM PST

    Legendary Inconvenience

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 10:29 PM PST

    I'm sure we've all heard it already "Build Templates suck", "Arc Templates should've stayed" etc.

    Hot take: I think the templates are actually doing everything I need for 90% of my character

    2-3 Builds per character, I bought more templates for all, got it filled with ascended gear and

    swapping works just like I need it.

    But here comes where I think personally The templates , or really, legendary gear has a huge problem that arenanet has yet to address properly.

    Played the game for a while so my main character now has capped template slots and is filled with legendary gear( I'm aware, that's not a problem that most players will encounter). Armor, Weapons, Trinkets, Runes, Sigils , you name it. With every step towards completing the legendary armory, I feel like I'm taking a step down in convenince.

    But isn't convenience basicly 50% of the legendaries selling point? Beyond their fashion worth they really only are a convenient ascended weapon with swappable stats/upgrades.

    So how can it be that:

    • Swapping Legendaries out of your template removes all upgrades, infusions and sometimes even their stats. Forcing you to not only configure all that again on the new weapon, but also do it again when u swap back, taking easily up to a minute for a swap.
    • Legendary Upgrades don't want to work with ascended gear, when you click on your legendary armor it will tell you that you can put legendary runes from your inventory in there. But on ascended gear it will pretend they aren't even there. So you gotta pull them in manually. But the peak is, they do not even get the search bar they normally have, i noticed this when putting a rune on my aqua breather. Yep you gotta scroll through all runes in existence until you find your rune, no searching.

    I think armor and trinkets are the minor offender here, you dont swap out your legendary armor or trinkets or runes ever, so the system probably works fine (except the missing searchbar).

    But when it comes to weapons, I actually used up a template slot for example, for having axe offhand on my druid, you need to swap alot of weapons on druid and this is just one case, but if you really have to adjust, stats, search for your right sigil, put the infusion back in, *every* time you need an axe or put in the warhorn again, then I'd rather waste a template just for this interaction.

    And this is where the scarcety of template slots lies in for me, I recently wanted to practice Longbow Soulbeast rotation instead of Greatsword, but reaching the golem I realised that I will never swap to Longbow because it's too much of a pain and I don't have a template to spare for it, making me immediately drop the idea of learning a new rotation.

    With ascended gear this issue would have never existed, swapping weapons is one click, no losing upgrades or stats, I'm happy to pay for multiple sigils for this level of convenience. And it will still be 100 times cheaper to get a new ascended weapon for each situation, than making a legendary.

    So in order to save templates, I actually have to fall back to ascended gear again because legendaries , are legendarily inconvenient to use.

    TL DR, long rant, I really wish that before legendary armory, arenanet will take some of this serious and find a solution, like making legendary sigils and stats stay similiar to PvP builds, even when u switch weapons.

    submitted by /u/Cyan1998
    [link] [comments]

    One Punch Man

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:25 PM PST

    upgrading, confused, question

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 02:35 AM PST

    What the...?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:03 PM PST

    Drawing of human wielding Dusk and wearing Arah armor !

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:18 PM PST

    Guild wars 2 cook book or recipes?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:02 PM PST

    Hello all,

    This game has so many amazing foods and dishes, they make my mouth water while I'm leveling up my cooking skills or making new dishes to get achievements in game!

    In fact, I'd love to taste some of this stuff in real life! I believe some dishes can be made in real life since there are ingredients in the game that are actual real. There are also plenty of ingredients that are not real (but could perhaps be replaced with actual real raw ingredients).

    Anyway, I've done some searching online and I couldn't really find anything apart from a 7-year-old blog, a 3-year-old post with no follow-up and some single blog posts:

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/carolpinchefsky/2012/09/13/four-guild-wars-2-recipes-you-can-craft-in-your-kitchen/?sh=4ab757b543f2

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pinterest.com/amp/arenanet/delicious-gw2-edibles/

    https://books.google.com.kh/books?id=We_RDwAAQBAJ&pg=PA42&lpg=PA42&dq=guild+wars+2+cookbook&source=bl&ots=THYKPZv4hR&sig=ACfU3U0MMaRD0uZLRSv6AcZI2RBWPNeHTA&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj61tGw9f7sAhU-xIsBHV1eD_s4ChDoATAQegQICBAB#v=onepage&q=guild

    https://www.picuki.com/tag/videogamerecipes (3 years ago)

    Does anyone know a more complete work on the recipes of Guild Wars 2? Perhaps someone is working on it right now?

    Please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Nadir_Bane
    [link] [comments]

    My new character

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:46 AM PST

    So I just created a new level 80 character, and I think I'm starting to like that one more than the character I already had. (I still had one lvl 80 booster because I once purchased the Path of Fire & Heart of Thorns expansion) I think it's mainly because of the lore/story that I'm getting with my new character. Once I completed the personal story, I will see if I actually want to keep using this character to play the other stories like Path of Fire.

    submitted by /u/SpaceSloth707
    [link] [comments]

    Usage of statuettes with current vendor offer

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:28 AM PST

    I am sitting on 20 statuettes at the moment. Now I am a torn what to spend them on. I could go for an unlimited gathering tool since they only cost 20 statuettes at the moment. But I could also save another 5 statuettes and go for a finisher and turn that into 45 gold at the tp. I am quite new so I am not sure what's the better way to go. 45 g is still quite a lot to me...

    submitted by /u/Fajo3224
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about a return after 7 years.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:09 AM PST

    I did read the returning player guide, but I feel my situation is a little bit more extreme than others. So here goes:

    Hey folks. I played GW2 pretty intensely when it launched. I got the extreme edition, and even to this day the Rytlock Brimstone statue is on my work desk. I was a Day 1 player, and played every day pretty much until about November of 2013. I looked this week, and I had 1968 hours played and my last login was in 2013.

    An old friend is trying to get me to come back, so I've been looking and decided to ask if it is worth it given my situation.

    I played a lot. A whole lot. Was doing fractals all the time, daily dungeon clears, was working on world completion across 8 characters, got a legendary, and then quit when they introduced ascended gear because I was mad at the time gate for crafting. Still think its me but it doesn't anger me like it used to.

    But I am now married and have little time to really play like I used to. I don't get to play daily. And trying to organize with friends is difficult. I was and still am only interested in PvE. I never did any of the PvP and don't really want to.

    I hopped on just to look and everything is so different. The specializations, the wardrobe, the systems in general. Everything is so different. But it looks exciting!

    So I ask the group, for someone like me who would only get to play a little bit each week, and only really able to play solo, is it worth trying to come back? Or is the time dedication too much for someone like me who can maybe play 5 hours a week?

    Sorry for the ramble, just excited to maybe come back. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Feel free to ask questions and I'll try to respond as I can.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Chriogenosis
    [link] [comments]

    Will this run gw2 on high ?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 07:07 AM PST

    Little concerned because I keep seeing people having problems running gw2 with Radeon GPUs, I do know the game is " cpu bound " though. I recently bought the new ryzen 5 5600x with a Radeon 5700xt . Just wondering if this would play the game on high/ultra ? And if anyone have the same graphics card or a ryzen cpu and has no problems?

    submitted by /u/Fanxious
    [link] [comments]

    Noticeable FPS drop in many maps.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 03:57 PM PST

    Hi All, as the title indicates. I have a pretty old system with a new'sh GPU. The specs are i7 4770k @4.4GHz, Titan X(p) (late 2016 edition), 16GB RAM and GW2 is installed on an SSD.

    Back when I got my new GPU I was obsessed with benchmarking all my games and I recorded GW2, and in most areas the fps was above 100fps, not including world events and super clustered maps. But even in those heavily populated areas I was getting over 60fps.

    Today I was checking my fps out of interest and noticed 30fps or below in populated areas and around ~50fps on average in most maps. That's a huge dip than what I'm used to?! A friend of mine with a gtx1060 is getting the same frame rates and occasionally even higher! Anyone else notice this issue and does anyone know of any fixes/solutions?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/howmanytizarethere
    [link] [comments]

    Account unlocks with unique acquisition methods?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 12:41 AM PST

    Hello fellow Tyrians!

    For some while now, I am trying to unlock as much account stuff as I can before EoD hits. While I for sure have a lot of longterm goals (e.g. Radiant Backpack) I also like to complete all the short- and mid-term goals the game has, that unlock anything on my account.

    I played since launch and already have a bunch of stuff done, but sometimes you still stumble over things you didnt know that they existed in the game, even though you spent quite some time on the wiki ad well.

    I am talking about stuff like the Iron's Tailpipe Bandana, which has a very unique way of getting it.

    Since such stuff might as well be hidden in both the wardrobe and the achievements, I wonder if you can suggest any more items, unlocks, etc. of this sort that I can go for, which I might not know that they exist in the game? Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/joe_chester
    [link] [comments]

    The Mandalorian Cosplay

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 02:54 PM PST

    Returning mildly clueless player question

    Posted: 13 Nov 2020 03:40 AM PST

    Hello! I'm a returning player who wants to get back into the game but on logging back in I've discovered I can't remember shit. I know I completed HoT and had started PoF. My question is what would be the best way to re-familiarise myself with the mechanics/gear function/general system management that the game offers. Are there any good YouTube sources for explaining how the game works? Or is there any advice any of you can bestow upon me? I'd appreciate any help! Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Odysseus_is_Ulysses
    [link] [comments]

    Fun collections/Achievements?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2020 11:23 AM PST

    I just got done getting the Griffon and I have to say, I had a wonderful time doing it. I really only get to play on the weekends so I thought it would be a drag but it was nice exploring the maps. Getting eggs and making sure I had the money and the hearts. I liked keeping track of what was next and seeing the Sunspears try to revive their dying organization. Honestly, it made me treasure my new Griffon more. I plan on doing all my character's Specialization collections next.

    After that, I'm not sure. I know that some of the legendaries have fun stories while you are collecting. I'm not sure if I'm at that point yet. So anyone have any recommendations for fun collections/achievements in between working on my characters?

    Edit: I wouldn't mind doing legendaries but I just worry about not having enough mats/resources to make it very far in the process.

    submitted by /u/rose-goblin
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment