• Breaking News

    Monday, October 26, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 [Art] Taking a stroll through Divinity’s Reach. A commissioned piece from Ktsuwe

    Guild Wars 2 [Art] Taking a stroll through Divinity’s Reach. A commissioned piece from Ktsuwe


    [Art] Taking a stroll through Divinity’s Reach. A commissioned piece from Ktsuwe

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 05:47 AM PDT

    Perhaps the most (in)famous power couple in GW2

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 02:34 AM PDT

    My attempt on our Mad King Thorn

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:56 PM PDT

    The Commander And Good Deeds

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:32 PM PDT

    Anyone remebers this?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    N00b question: Selling non-junk non-materials

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    I watched some new-player vids and such, so I found the sell junk button. I also know to just horde materials using that handy button.

    However, I keep getting drops that seem to be loot-box-like containers. I'm level 8 right now and two of them gave me level 79 gear. Do I horde that kind of thing? Vendor it? Wait until I get to an auction house? Will I regret just vendoring stuff to make room?

    submitted by /u/SearchContinues
    [link] [comments]

    Does boon duration have breakpoints?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:51 PM PDT

    For instance, if a skill has a base duration of 10 seconds. Would 96% boon duration boost it to 20 seconds, 19.6 seconds or 19 seconds?

    Are there situations where 99.9% boon duration isn't enough but 100% is?

    submitted by /u/generally-speaking
    [link] [comments]

    Well Towers in WvW can disappear now

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    https://www.twitch.tv/hengeko/clip/RenownedFunnyPoultryFeelsBadMan

    This clip tells everything that happend during wvw. Everyone was confused in Teamspeak.

    submitted by /u/Hengeko
    [link] [comments]

    Help me out with a themed character?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    So, one of my favorite things to do in MMO's, Guild wars especially, is make themed characters, references to characters in popculture, or my own themes in my head. For example, I have two versions of Arthas from Warcraft 3. An Asuran engi named Nikloa Tesla. And The Gleam Eyes floor boss from SAO. As well as like, Past DnD characters and OC's from fandoms.

    What recently popped into my head though, was pulling a classic Otaku move and making Kirito, from Sword Art Online, himself. I wanted to see if there were any classes that could match his particular archetype. A very speedy dual sword user that focuses on dodging, counterattacking, and blocking. The big problem I've encountered though already is that there are only 3 classes that can use an Off Hand Sword. Revenant, Warrior and Mesmer. None of those being a medium armor class which would match his long coat aesthetic

    What would you all suggest for making the most well known, edgy, isekai harem anime protagonist?

    submitted by /u/Rebelhero
    [link] [comments]

    I have a guardian, a ranger and a revenant each leveled to 80. Now it's time to commit to one and git gud. Which one, including elite specs, would be easiest to play while I learn Conquest and WvW?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 08:05 AM PDT

    I like playing Dragonhunter, Soulbeast and Renegade, if that helps. While learning the ropes, I'd like to avoid a complex rotation for now, and be of some benefit to my team.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/BlockheadNed
    [link] [comments]

    Steam question

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Hi all! I'm extremely excited to be returning to Guild Wars 2 as soon as it hits Steam. I used to play it a couple of years ago, while at college, and I had a tremendous amount of fun. Anyways, long story short, do we have a specific Steam relese date for the game (not the broad one, which is November)? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/SerZika
    [link] [comments]

    If you could take any ONE item from GW2 into real life, what would it be and why?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 10:38 AM PDT

    :) - as title says

    submitted by /u/shn555
    [link] [comments]

    What do i do with these after the achievement ?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    New main class

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:38 AM PDT

    Hey all returning player here looking to replay all content and do some catch up after a really long time away. My old main was a thief and would like to switch it up this time.

    Looking for something that uses greatsword and has good mobility with some utility for team play. Also powers for ranged like a battlemage that uses a 2 hander. I play ret paladin on WoW, warlock on destiny, 2h sorc on eso/skyrim games, and a warrior/dark knight style tank for FFxiv.

    I did try guardian a little and it felt very slow and repetitive with just spaming multiple spins for GS. Any other classes i could try out?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/HashBrwnz
    [link] [comments]

    What expensive item do you regret crafting/buying?

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    For me:
    Juggernaut- I hardly ever use it and tbh I'm mot even the fan of the look that much.
    Nevermore - kinda, i like it but there's also so many good staff skins even in the spooky department (eg The Crossing and Boneskinner).

    submitted by /u/Innacurat3C0nception
    [link] [comments]

    Sun-Blessed Reaper Hood

    Posted: 25 Oct 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Looking for a PvP-Support Class!

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 01:42 AM PDT

    Hi! I am fairly new to Guild Wars 2 (about 2 and 1/2 weeks now) and I'm loving it so far.

    Now I know that you can almost play whatever you want when it comes to PvE content. However, I wanted to ask what Class would have the best synergy with my desired playstyle when it comes to PvP.

    I like to be a tank that can heal. I don't need ANY damage. To be honest lvling up in the open world kinda hurts.. I know it's not real but I am constantly beating things to death with my Guardian or burning innocent animals alive with my Elementalist - I feel no pleasure killing/fighting against other people or creatures - not even NPCs.

    I would like to be hard to kill and very protective. I want to be able to save my friends when they think they are as good as dead. Also I would like to be able to cast magic or have skills that look very magical instead of weapon swinging. If there is a class that can somewhat accomplish that or something similar: what class would that be?

    Firebrand

    I heard that Firebrand-Guardian is very protective. Mine is lvl 26 now and I enjoy playing it especially in a group at world-events. I really love to use the Bow Of Truth and my Staff to heal and revive. However, I fear there is much more to being a Guardian. Timing Aegis and skills that provide other boons while still dealing damage. The small healthpool is also not appealing however I understand that it all comes down to playstyle and personal skill. Could I be a supportive, protective, tanky and healing Firebrand Guardian? Preferably with a Staff and Axe? Is that effective?

    Druid

    I think the GW-2 Community loves the Druid a lot. I heard the Druid is fully focused on healing/supporting and also has a high health-pool (compared to other classes) and is especially tanky in the Celestial-Avatar-Form, along with wielding a Staff and having a Pet. Sounds very temtping to me. Is being a healer even useful in PvP-Events? I know there are different PvP-Events but in general: Is there even a use for a full healer? Or is it just a waste compared to another DPS class? Also, the healing numbers on the staff skills when not in Celestial-Avatar-Form seem rather weak. The Elementalist Staff 1 Water heals more. Is the healing of a Druid only good when in Avatar-Form or is a fully heal-oriented build needed in order to have good heals? I deleted my ranger when it was lvl 25 because I was so unbelievably bored because all my skills were not magical but rather very practical. However, if the druid is what I am looking for I would be more than willing to start a ranger again.

    Tempest

    The elementalist was my first class and I am deeply in love with it. I can heal, deal damage, revive (even multiple people!), use a staff, daggers, scepters, summon pet-like elementals that tank for me, summon weapons and so much more. What an amazing class! I heard that the weaver is more damage focused and while I do want to try the sword on the elementalist, I think Tempest is more up my alley. It's supposed to be more tanky, be able to heal (way) more and provide boons. While not as useful as a full support (So I've heard) could I still be a supportive, hard to kill and healing Staff/Scepter+Warhorn Tempest?

    Thank you so much for reading this. I really love how welcoming this community is.

    submitted by /u/DawnSongbird
    [link] [comments]

    Is it me or do the LW quests award way too little exp?

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 06:47 AM PDT

    I'm almost finished with the ice brood saga and I barely gained one "level" to use masteries and gain some special ability.

    I keep seeing things, finding things and just constantly getting the message: You cant do this yet, unlock this ability with this and that mastery.

    Oh.. nice box! Nope cant open it you dont have the mastery.

    Oh hey mysterious glows with a sign.. what's that. No idea because you don't have the mastery!

    Okay well I'll just do some quests I guess. Some quests take quite a lot of time.. took me a good hour yesterday to finish 2. And the experience gained was peanuts... about 10 percent of the entire experience bar.

    Also keeping in mind that I paid for the LW quests.

    Feels just a bit depressing to almost have finished the icebrood saga and i can't even open simple chests in Bjora Marches.

    submitted by /u/Nadir_Bane
    [link] [comments]

    Aurene & Caithe Tribute - A Tale Untold - Lyrical Lore

    Posted: 26 Oct 2020 04:30 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment