• Breaking News

    Friday, August 21, 2020

    Guild Wars New player loving the game!

    Guild Wars New player loving the game!


    New player loving the game!

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 11:40 PM PDT

    New player loving the game!

    Hey, I am a "new" player (played years ago), 28 from Germany.

    Just finished Prophecies on my warrior Scunon Jinn.

    Now looking for a nice guild to teach me how it's done.

    Both interested in PvE and PvP. Learning quickly, I promise ;)

    Hit me up!

    https://preview.redd.it/e1fo4s99xai51.jpg?width=343&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=5898e9bf5607396097fa4065ab49ab17396cf2fc

    submitted by /u/lostsanctum
    [link] [comments]

    My collection so far, what is yours? :)

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 12:28 PM PDT

    Coming back to GW after about 10 years, gonna introduce it to my kids. Any active guilds?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    I used to play like CRAZY from 2006-2009ish. Now that my kids are getting a little older (oldest are almost 7 and 9) and they are really getting into dragons and stuff, I thought now would be a great time to introduce them to the awesomeness that is Guild Wars! I've got two accounts currently and going to get a third so we can all play together. Just wondering if there are any good active guilds that are good for veterans and new players alike?

    submitted by /u/cradiak
    [link] [comments]

    Why did ArenaNet not want to follow on the success of GW1?

    Posted: 20 Aug 2020 03:59 PM PDT

    So I'm getting back into my favorite MMO of all time over the past few days as I'm starting to get bored of classic wow (which begat my mid-2000s nostalgia trip) and to this day I remain dumbfounded by GW2.

    I quit WoW in TBC and never gave another expansion a try, but when I heard they were developing GW2...I was super excited. I bought and played for a few hours, and I was just shocked — the game has nothing to do with Guild Wars. Combat, classes and abilities, even graphics style and lore seemed completely different.

    Basically the games shared the guild wars name and that's it, and the whole time I was thinking - what the fuck, why would they completely trash an incredible game? Fast forward many years, and a few weeks ago I gave GW2 another try...it still does nothing for me. I can see why it's not nearly as successful as they probably hoped it would be.

    What do you think happened at ArenaNet? Was the team bored of developing GW and thought its basic premise and combat system were irredeemably outdated and decided to start from scratch?

    submitted by /u/stoke_city
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment