• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 I got insanely lucky tonight, except my Revenant can't use Greatswords. Oh well

    Guild Wars 2 I got insanely lucky tonight, except my Revenant can't use Greatswords. Oh well


    I got insanely lucky tonight, except my Revenant can't use Greatswords. Oh well

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    Game Update Notes: August 12, 2020 en-forum.guildwars2.com

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:32 PM PDT

    I opened 1800 Zephyrite Supply Boxes & all I got was a lousy achievement

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:06 PM PDT

    My gf and I were playing hide-and-seek in Labyrinthine Cliffs when we came across this lil Quaggan in the hull of a shipwreck.... is he dead?! :(

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    Small Quality of Life change if you run GW2 with Arguments on MacOS

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:41 PM PDT

    I've recently jumped back in to Guild Wars 2 after being on and off for way too long and never hitting 80. I dropped all my older character and started up a Necromancer from level 1 and have been playing quite a bit. Having a whole lot of fun just doing map completion and just exploring things on my own without looking anything up.

    I've been playing on less than stellar hardware so I spent some time searching how to improve my frame rate-- this sort of coincided with wanting to figure out how to have the launcher log in without me needing to manually click the button every time. I realize the latter only shaves a couple of seconds off but it was enough of an annoyance that I couldn't let it go, haha.

    I found the Command Line Arguments on the Wiki and found a bunch of helpful arguments (-forwardrenderer, -autologin, and -mapLoadinfo).

    I wanted an easier way to launch the launcher so I created a small AppleScript to pipe the arguments in which let me launch the app from Spotlight (Script Editor -> Save as Application).

    (* Loader for Guild Wars 2 with Arguments https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments - forwardrender (change render method) - autologin (auto login if username & password is saved) *) set gw2Path to "Macintosh HD:Applications:Guild Wars 2 64-bit.app:Contents:MacOS:GuildWars2" set gw2PosixPath to POSIX path of gw2Path set gw2Args to "-forwardrender -autologin -mapLoadinfo" # Pipe to dev/null to auto close the AppleScript app after running do shell script (quoted form of gw2PosixPath & " " & gw2Args & " > /dev/null 2>&1 &") 

    Now, you're probably saying "Sean, you idiot, you missed a whole section on the Wiki where they tell you exactly how to do this", and you'd be right. I somehow missed the Settings.json section on the Wiki which lets you add the arguments without editing anything in the app container or making any sort of custom app launcher. But hey, I learned something!

    Hopefully this informs at least one other person so you don't repeat my missteps, hahaha.

    I'll end this on a high note; I've learned a ton from this community since I've been back, so hello! Happy to be a part of what you all have going on.

    submitted by /u/seriouslysean
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Superior Rune of Perplexity is available on the PSNA Vendors Today!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:21 PM PDT

    PSA! Superior Rune of Perplexity is available on the PSNA Vendors Today!

    This rune is used for meta condi builds!

    You can buy at Yana located at [&BP0CAAA=].

    Only a few hours before it leaves!

    submitted by /u/pfraites
    [link] [comments]

    Festival of the 4 winds

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:21 PM PDT

    Is anyone kind enough to explain to me what this festival consists of?

    Is there any exp bonus? How do i participate? What is there to do? I am a new player, lvl 40 and this festival seems a bit.. overwhelming to me. Thank you for your time.

    edit: Thank you guys for your answers!

    submitted by /u/ItsmeFizzy97
    [link] [comments]

    Ranger longbow

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    Ok, so I've been struggling with ranger longbow for years and now it feels like its either just a bug or anet doesn't want me to use longbow. But whenever I play longbow ranger it barely does any damage. It sometimes even takes minutes to take out a mob. Idk what I'm doing wrong but my level 23 warrior is doing more damage with a greatsword than my level 80 soulbeast with a longbow. I really want to enjoy ranger but I always end up deleting my ranger because of this. Does anyone have an idea what's wrong?

    submitted by /u/Witjoekel88
    [link] [comments]

    Cutscenes not displaying with dx12 mod?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Ive been having a problem ever since installing the Dx12 mod. 3D cutscenes (as opposed to the art based ones) do not display at all. Just a blue screen with random artifacts here and there, while the audio of the cutscene plays. Is there no way to fix this without uninstalling the mod?

    submitted by /u/Harrada
    [link] [comments]

    Can this game be played solo?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    so i just started playing and it is really fun i recently quit playing wow because how much time you needed in endgame to get better gear the only things you could do was mythic dungeons wich you need a group for so it could sometimes take me 2 - 3 hours to get a dungeon done and you would need to do that 7 times a week to get 1 piece of good gear im find with playing in a group if there is an lfg tool. So i was just wondering first: do you need to find a group or is there an lfg tool that does it automatically 2: can you get good endgame gear without having to spend 3 hours a day and how much of the endgame can you solo or do without a premade group.

    submitted by /u/MardiJuice
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Gourmet Training isn't the only way to get crafting to level 500

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:40 PM PDT

    inb4: "this isn't a PSA" comments. I know I'm probably not using it correctly but I just wanted to get it out there to prevent anyone from making the same mistake as me.

    Edit1: title should say "cooking" instead of "crafting".

    Edit2: further elaborated on why you should do the sylvari and charr parts.

    If you're in a similiar situation as I was, wanting to get cooking up to level 500, you probably googled a guide for it because obviously the internet will know the most optimal way to get it done. When you do this, all the top results are about the "Gourmet Training" collection achievment that gives 50 free levels.

    That collection is NOT the cheapest or fastest way to get to level 500 by far. The sylvari part is the only one required for ascended crafting, because it unlocks the garden plot in your home instance that you use to grow some ingredients. You might as well do the charr one because it's cheap and doesn't take too long. It also unlocks some additional ingredient drops, but you can buy these ones on the TP. The other 3 cost 15-50 gold each and are entirely unnecessary.

    First, you need to get cooking to level 450. Most of the guides explain how to get here before starting Gourmet Training so I won't reiterate what's already out there. If I were doing it over I would get to 440 and then do either the charr or sylvari collections to get to 450.

    At 450, the ingredient "Simple Syrup" becomes available for discovery. It's just sugar and water, and you can craft it all the way up to level 490. Use tavern/crafting boosters if you wish, but it's so cheap they aren't really that necessary.

    After 490, do whichever race's collection you didn't do at 440 to get your last 10 levels. If you messed up like me and already have those 2 completed, there's still other ways that are significantly cheaper than the norn or human collections, and probably better than Asura too but that one isn't quite as pricey and is super quick. I used mostly backpacks but check the other recipes that are still orange because unless you sell all your mats you probably have most of the ingredients already to craft some of them.

    I know Ascended Cooking is a year old so most of the people browsing this sub already have it done, but hopefully this helps at least one person from making the mistakes I did.

    TLDR: the Norn and Human cheffing associations scammed us.

    submitted by /u/cheeseybacon11
    [link] [comments]

    Mastery order for a fresh 80?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Hey all! Loving the game so far.

    Are there any particular mastery paths that you all would consider more important to get before others?

    I just hit 80 on my thief after 2 weeks with about 51% world completion, and im looking to continue clearing maps all the way to 100% completion.

    submitted by /u/Ol-Robby
    [link] [comments]

    cant figure out what build to play, need help

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 05:19 AM PDT

    what do you guys recommend to play, been looking around but nothing really looks that great expect reaper but i heard it isnt that great in pve so i lost interest in it.

    submitted by /u/Kari-pekka
    [link] [comments]

    Any confirmation on Skimmer mastery?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Are we going to need PoF or Icebrood Saga mastery points? I would assume its just going to be an extra step in the original line from PoF once you complete the collection, but with it technically being added with the Icebrood Saga being current, maybe they might make it use Icebrood ones.

    Any confirmation yet?

    submitted by /u/dixonjt89
    [link] [comments]

    How to put portal Scrolls in the Portal Tomb?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:49 AM PDT

    I have the Bjora Marches and Drizzlewood Coast Portal Scrolls, so I purchased the Season 3 Portal Tomb to combine them. But I can't find any way to add them to the Tomb. A Google search says to double click the Portal Tomb and it'll tell me how. But the only thing I see when I open it is a single option to "Put it away." Dragging and dropping doesn't work either.

    submitted by /u/mywan
    [link] [comments]

    Mystery of the confused cow and rift

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    Does anyone else still wonder what the intent was behind the cow and rift?

    When it first occurred, we though it was devs hinting at something, but... nothing came of it.

    Is there perhaps a secret event we don't know about?

    submitted by /u/Anon_throwawayacc20
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment