• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 14, 2020

    Guild Wars Hello darkness my old friend

    Guild Wars Hello darkness my old friend


    Hello darkness my old friend

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:38 PM PDT

    endgame, finally asking questions

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:44 PM PDT

    Sorry for the confusing title - I bought GW1 almost exactly 2 years ago, and have been playing it on and off (mostly off) since then, but recently got way back into it over the past few months and have a lot of questions I should have asked along the way. I've done what I can through wiki and google, but a lot of those comments are so outdated I'm not sure what applies anymore. For reference I've completed all campaigns, and am working through hard mode slowly by Zaishen quests while trying to fill hall of heroes. In no particular order, questions I'm struggling to find answers to:

    1) Salvage: Is there an "optimal" salvage strategy? I understand some resources (iron) sell better than raw items, but in other cases the cost of the salvage is worth more than the materials. I don't want to get too bogged down micromanaging every salvage, so have been roughy salvaging any white gear, or cheap blue gear that is likely to have iron. I keep a list of high cost runes to look for as well. I currently vendor all trophies, I know some might be worth salvaging but again don't want to look each one up.

    2) Player trading: I understand this is largely bots in Kamadan - is this even worth attempting? This is where a lot of wiki and old reddit comments suggest selling certain items, but I don't want to sit around for hours trying to find someone. Are there certain items that have significant value to players? Old comments suggest weapon trophies (perfect char carvings, destroyer cores) have higher value, is this still true? What about skill tomes? Is there a resource on how much to expect for these things, or are they just worth discarding at this point?

    3) PVE skills: General old comments suggest these tend to be very strong, but I see a lot depending on patch notes and seem omitted from most builds, as they focus on heroes. Assume I'm using an off-meta build that I want to round out with strong PVE skills, what are suggested best? I've played around with:

    • Summon Ice Imp: Seemed the best of the summons but I think has been underwhelming, and is annoying to keep resummoning.

    • "You Move Like a Dwarf": Currently running, seems like strong free damage/interrupt.

    • Ebon Battle Standard of Wisdom: Initially overlooked, wiki comments suggest this is really strong. Given the focus on cooldown reducing gear, I suspect this is good. I've been running it and think it's strong, using an all caster team. Heroes seem ok at staying within it if I'm careful when I place it. I cut on low hero teams.

    • Sniper Support: I was underwhelmed by this, I didn't care for the crit chance. Only ran on a low hero, difficult vanquish area (Minister Cho's estate)

    • Snow Storm: I ran this for a while and liked it. It seemed versatile - I could use it on a group of frontliners for AOE, or backliners. Sure the AI would move out of the way, but if the backline was moving they weren't casting so it still worked as a silence. I've since cut this, but noted it has really good synergy with "You move like a dwarf" for single target damage to guarantee all impacts land.

    • Technobabble: I ran this for a long time, it made a big difference against caster groups and opened some synergies with necro condi skills. I've ended up cutting it for you move like a dwarf which still interrupts casters while being faster/more damaging. I'm also underwhelmed by "adjacent" ranges.

    • Pain Inverter: I initially misunderstood this skill (I don't know if it's just me, but it seems unclear what is an "attack" vs what isn't). I have found that this is incredibly strong in certain situations although plays poorly with interrupts. I think this is worth a skill slot although could be situationally swapped out.

    So Im currently running YMLAD, Pain Inverter, EBS wisdom. Does this seem ok? Am I missing any obvious other skills?

    4) Faction points: I understand the best way to accumulate faction title points is donating points to the alliance as you get double value. If I want both Kurzik/Luxon titles (eventually), is there any HARM in donating Luxon points to a Kurzik alliance?

    5) Green items: Similar to 2: I've collected quite a few of these but they can't be salvaged, it seems only discarded or identified and sold for almost nothing. Are any of these worth selling to players? Is there any other option for them? My Xunlai chest is getting pretty full.

    6) Elite missions: I played through tomb of the primeval kings and Fissue of Woe very comfortably. I've been working my way up to Mallyx slowly. I then got wrecked, multiple times, by the Underworld, and not even on the "hardest" missions - Unwelcomed guests and the King Frozenwind (sp?) and finally gave up. I also tried Urgoz' Warren and made it pretty far, but realized the team cap is 12 and I was 8 manning it with heroes. Realistically - are completing these missions practically attainable with heroes or are these going to be 100s of hours of trial and error? Trying to figure out if I should give up on these titles.

    Sorry that's a lot - hope that's everything, but surprised (and thrilled) how active this sub still seems to be!

    submitted by /u/tasalien
    [link] [comments]

    Huge fan of GW2 where I got introduced to the world- heavily considering playing GW1- recommend?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    I've played GW2 almost around the time it came out and have been an on and off player throughout the years. It's one of the MMORPGs I get absolutely hooked when I get back into. Like the mechanics, the stories, lore, etc.

    I've been debating for awhile now on purchasing GW1 with expansions to further grow my appreciation and understanding of the in game lore and to see what GW2's prequel is like.

    I was wondering if you all would recommend the game for someone who has only played GW2 and doesn't know much about GW1. What's the differences between the two? And does anyone know if I were to buy the game and make progress through it, could I link the accounts together so I get in game titles from GW2 that can only be obtained in GW1? Is there a lot of grinding involved in order to max level and access all the content (biggest gripe about GW2 was I felt it took forever to level up to 80). If you don't recommend the game, do you recommend any sites, videos, etc. where I can go read up on the story of the original GW1 including the expansions?

    submitted by /u/Valroid
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for dedicated zippy mini Pm

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    ecto price going crazy

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:59 PM PDT

    the ppl that are into trading know that 2 guys are manipulating the market with bots perma buying ectos from merch, but with ectos now beeing at 10k/ea, shouldnt someone from anet like "do something"? xd

    submitted by /u/warwickbot1
    [link] [comments]

    Creating a play-through group

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 03:56 PM PDT

    I want to start a group that meets 1-2 nights per week to do a play though of GW (any campaign).

    I'm thinking everyone makes a character, we hop on discord, and grind out a mission or two per session.

    The goal is to use all player characters, no henchies, no heroes.

    I imagine we'll focus mostly on primary missions but I'm open to side questing if that's what the group wants.

    I kind of imagine this to be a sort of shared adventure/gaming experience where we party up and decide to do things together. If someone wants to go do a side quest or hit up a map to cap a skill, we can all do it together (like a D&D adventuring party would, but without the role playing.... unless we decide to get weird)

    Play times will be scheduled for mostly weekdays between in the evening (PST).

    Let me know via DM or comment if you are interested.

    Ideally we have 8-16 people. That way we will have enough to do full parties of 8 later on in the game and we won't have to worry if we are short on numbers because we'll have extra people.

    It will also be nice to have a few extra people so you don't have to worry about it if u miss a night or two, we can help each other catch up or you can catch up independently.

    About me:

    I started playing during beta, i still have my ranger. I stopped playing this game when the servers mostly emptied out after GW2 came out. I still regard this as one of my favorite games of all time and I love the GW community.

    COVID sucks and I have some time to kill

    submitted by /u/Pegacorns
    [link] [comments]

    Best order for playthrough starting from Factions?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:52 AM PDT

    I am currently introducing my SO to Guildwars, which I have played a loong time ago and don't remember anything from. We will start from Factions and want to get the best experience in terms of story.

    My thoughts were:

    1. Finish Factions
    2. Create a second character to do pre-searing
    3. Switch back to factions character, campaign travel to Lions Arch and run to Old Ascalon
    4. Finish Prophecies in the correct order
    5. Do EoTN
    6. Campaign travel to Kamadan, do all of Nightfall

    Or does it make sense to stop factions, travel to Prophecies as soon as possible, and play the game in the exact order it came out?

    Edit: Thanks for the input! It's amazing how active this sub is

    submitted by /u/klkmom
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to start again. Anyone want to make a friend with a noobie?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    Male sin badass armor sets

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 08:35 AM PDT

    Hey guys this is for all the male sin armor styles out there. I would like to see a screen shot of your sin and how bad ass he looks.🤙🏼 winner will get el automatic tonic and mini oolas and mini bone dragon and mini racing beetle. Im bored at work so thats why im doing this

    submitted by /u/Jamaican-Jamal
    [link] [comments]

    Advise for thirsty river

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    Good afternoon
    I recently joined GW (waiting for new GW2 LW episode) and created a very beautiful warrior.

    However, despite following the different explanation on this sub (and digging on google), I still not success to pass the thirsty river mission. This is the last to me to be able to ascend.
    Based on what I do, can you advice me?
    Team - Full of henchmen
    Alesia (17) / Lina(17) / Orion(17) / Dunham(17) / Little (17)
    Me (20) W/M : OQATEX5WrQoQdqU9qFdrBAA

    I followed the wiki explanations (and some forum posts).
    Mission 3:
    Go on the right, kill the priest. Then the 2 - 3 NPC. Go the next team.
    Wait 10s for the priest to rez and aggro the group near the entrance (but not the one within the base).
    Then attack the priest then monk boss.
    Clean the area and kill the last priest/boss.

    As a result, I never beat the monk boss. NPCs resurrect and I am overwhelmed. I think my group damage is not high enough or not enough disrupt (but I dunno how taking more).
    Do you you have few tips or advice for me?

    Kind regards,

    submitted by /u/Sriwu
    [link] [comments]

    elementalist or mesmer for pve endgame/hardmode?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm back after many years. When I started there was no hard mode at all and many skills worked differently.

    Now I wonder should I play elementalist or mesmer? My aim is mostly endgame pve.

    I think henchmen/heroes would be better mesmers than me, since they can interrupt any spell, and I often fail with my interrupts.

    All the help is very much appreciated, because I'm afraid I don't have enough time to dedicate it to 2 characters.

    submitted by /u/dreamsofcalamity
    [link] [comments]

    Dragon Moss Farm Guide

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 09:48 AM PDT

    Hello all! I have recently uploaded an in depth video on a dragon moss farm that I have been enjoying lately. I hope that the guide helps to answer any questions that someone may have who is a bit newer to farming. I greatly welcome and appreciate any feedback or suggestions for future content development! This video proved to be a bit tougher than I originally thought it would be with the changing speeds for the original explanation run, but I learned a lot from this one and and happy with the end result. Thank you and enjoy!

    submitted by /u/-camftw-
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment