• Breaking News

    Monday, July 13, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 The new skin can be pretty awesome!

    Guild Wars 2 The new skin can be pretty awesome!


    The new skin can be pretty awesome!

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    To all you “Raiders are toxic” people

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:27 AM PDT

    I've been raiding for probably 4 years now and sure I've met some toxic people but let me tell you about the positives.

    • I've met a group of people that I play with and talk to every single day and we've held a static for years together. I consider them to be some of my closest friends in the game and possibly in life. We've all helped each other through rough times in life and supported each other through a lot of life events.

    • From there I met another excellent group of people in a guild called [GG] which includes some people that have worked with Snowcrows, worked on the arcdps add on, and been in the ERP tournaments. I have spent hours in discord just talking with them and hanging out. All great people and very helpful anytime I asked a question.

    • I've met one of the leaders of a team from ERP3 who could've easily been toxic as hell and he has been nothing but great. In fact, he invites me to play other games with him and I've spent time in their discord just joking around.

    • Most recently I've played with a few other streamers that are a part of the Delusional Elitists team and I've seen nothing but PMA and encouragement towards new players.

    Is there bad people in the raid community? Sure. But there's toxicity in PvP and WvW, I'd say much more. You can't judge the entire community on the actions of a few people. The raid community has more good than bad in it, but only if you want to find it.

    Edit: ERP is for Elitist Raiding Party which was a tournament for raid speed clears that had the best groups competing.

    Edit: PMA stands for positive mental attitude

    EU Raid Training:

    https://discord.gg/hdhDE3v

    https://discord.gg/455x8kG

    NA Raid Training:

    https://discord.gg/gw2ra

    submitted by /u/Aizza45
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 has the friendliest community ever!

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:28 AM PDT

    Peu Research Center - Website for Open World Benchmarks and Guides

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:27 AM PDT

    Hey all!

    About a year ago, I made a post about my spreadsheet that displayed the general gold per hour benchmarks for various farms. Back then, I had about 30 farms. Then it become 70..and now this. After this long, I'm amazed that people are still interested in my work and I'm happy to throw my passion into making this project! Ever since lockdown, I've been dedicated for the past 4-5 months on learning how to code and building a website from scratch (while still using my spreadsheet) and this is the result!

    Link to website: https://www.peuresearchcenter.com

    I'm very new to coding so if it looks like spaghetti, don't make fun of me LOL. Everything is a work in progress for the code, the guides, the benchmarks, etc. My goal for this website is to offer another resource for the community in terms of the open world. I love the open world in this game and I just want to share my knowledge to you all. Edit: OH I forgot to mention..It's not very mobile friendly yet! I still need to learn how to easily do that.

    Disclaimer:

    It is important to note that these numbers are not the be-all and end-all of the gold per hours of a map, farm, etc. What is considered more valuable to someone, may be considered more or less valuable to another. For these benchmarks, I tried my best to make it as general and realistic as possible for all players. Whether you are a casual player or a hardcore farmer, my goal is provide a foundation and an idea of what kind of money you can potentially make. You may or may not receive more or less gold than what the benchmark says, but the higher the benchmark the easier it is to make more gold.

    How I measured the gold per hour:

    This part depends on my farm. I've split my benchmarks into four separate farms: Repeatable, Daily, Gathering, and Solo. Each farm has their own criteria, but in general, I've always measured the

    • Initial/final liquid gold
    • All items (excluding super rare materials, exotics, recipes, etc)
    • Currency that can converted into materials instantly (volatile magic, unbound, trade contracts)
    • Average worth of champion bags
    • Potential profit from opening/salvaging unidentified gear and unstables (from LS3 maps)

    There are some things I don't consider such as spirit shards (but it has their own benchmark), ascended materials, and legendary materials. Things like Mystic Clovers are obviously very valuable, especially when you can get them over time from Drizzlewood, but I don't consider their value into the benchmark since it's more of a long-term profit. I definitely encourage using those materials for refinement to make legendaries or something though!

    In terms of commanding, for map farms, I always command/record with a squad of at least a dozen. While most are guildies (because what PUG wants to join a random commandering in off-meta maps? :P ), we are pretty casual and I always open the squad to everyone in the map, lfg, etc. While I have the advantage of knowing the events and maps, I try my best to make it easy for all players to earn loots and have fun with a steady pace.

    Other features of the website:

    At the moment, I have a couple features that I think will help a lot of players and may be very new to everyone.

    • Gold per hour benchmarks
      • Y'all know about this one. I've given all of them at least a small description on how I did the farm. Eventually I'll build upon each page to give a more detailed guide! There's also a spreadsheet for each farm to show what I got as drops.
    • List of Living Story trinkets
      • This is what it says. Just an easy list for everyone to reference when picking out ascended trinkets!
    • Volatile and Unbound rates
      • This is derived from gw2lunchbox. It's simply just an updated version of it with a bigger sample size of the data (though it still needs more).
    • Drizzlewood reward track profits
      • Compares the 4 reward tracks to determine which has the most potential for profits.
    • Average node worth
      • This is something to still be build upon. It's showing the average worth of nodes when you gather them such as rich nodes, LS nodes, herbs, etc.
    • Event timers
      • This is the biggest project I've been working on thus far (besides the benchmarks). Some pages are still in a work in progress, but this section of the website is all about the respawn rate of events. Most websites show the global timers of large metas, but I have found the average time of the respawn rate of the maps that I have available so far. This is great for commanders because if you're farming in a particular map with some friends or squad, you'll be able to know when an event will spawn and where. I've used this personally for my trains and..something about knowing and predicting where to go after events as a commander is the best feeling. I hope this section helps commanders and future commanders!

    Conclusion

    I work on the website nearly everyday so expect more features and information in the future. I have a lot of projects in the works! I really hope this helps you in some way or another. If you have any questions, please let me know here or in-game at peureki.3647. Definitely add me as friend because I do trains every week! My name turns blue when I do a train. (Now let's see if my website breaks LOL)

    Edit1: mentioned it's not mobile friendly yet

    submitted by /u/Peureki
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got my skyscale near the end of Dragonbash!! And farmed the wings/weapons too D: I'm overjoyed lol

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 02:45 AM PDT

    Can we talk about how terrible the dye slots are on the town clothes outfits lol

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 08:51 PM PDT

    The Commander And Bashin'

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 09:55 PM PDT

    Just started PoF, it's goo to see Elona again

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    This morning before work I quickly started the prologue to PoF, and got carried away and ended up doing a bit more. The first Guild Wars was my first mmo, and my brother, friends, and I played all of it's expansions between 2006 and 2011, then migrated to GW2 in 2012.

    I've loved every new city and map in GW2, but I get a huge surge of nostalgia every time there's been a reference to something in the previous games. Seeing the pyramids, the reference to Palawo Joko, I was transported back to the first time I saw Elona with all my friends around me in Guild Wars Nightfall.

    It was an amazing experience. I can't wait to play more.

    submitted by /u/RewriteCinema
    [link] [comments]

    Max level boost?

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 06:03 AM PDT

    Hello! Yesterday I bought the expansions for the game and also got the max level boost token. I don't want to use it so I can enjoy the game and won't ruin both mine and other players' experience but I was wondering is it possible that I max a new character and unlock the mount so I can use it on my main account? I really like mounts and they could make my map exploration experience easier. I kinda made a question a bit complicated but I hope it doesn't matter. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/RielRielRiel
    [link] [comments]

    [Data] Another 5070 Chest of Black Lion Goods

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 05:25 PM PDT

    Hiya!

    Someone pointed me at the post on the front page and inspired me to share my data (again) but this time just in raw spreadsheet form because the rates don't appear to have changed much from my previous post ~3 years ago.

    The raw data.


    The Tl;dr:

    Item Totals Drop Rate
    Repair Canister 759 14.97%
    Trading Express 932 18.38%
    Merchant Express 898 17.71%
    Bank Express 761 15.01%
    BLSK 747 14.73%
    Mystic Forge Stone 677 13.35%
    Transmutation Charge (x1) 146 2.88%
    Black Lion Key 65 1.28%
    Revive Orb 54 1.07%
    Box o' Fun 31 0.61%
    Total Chests 5070 100.00%

    Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/Something_Memorable
    [link] [comments]

    Imbued Holographic Weapon Vendor

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    Hi im relatively new.

    There is this imbued holo weapon vendor in Hoelbrak, where you can get your event weapons.

    Will it disappear after Dragon Bash? Or can i just sit on my Victory Coffer until i figure out which class and weapon i want to use, and come back for it months later?

    submitted by /u/Monday_every_day
    [link] [comments]

    Huge difference between advertised g/hr for meta events. Am I doing something wrong?

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Youtube and reddit posts all claim META events on SW and Drizzlewood coasts makes close to 20g/hr. Did 8 hours of it couple days ago only to make 50 gold. have a level 49 bag opener too. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/thedude2889
    [link] [comments]

    The Weekly Map Recap, Week 17 - Iron Marches

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Welcome to the Weekly Map Recap, a series where we look back at one map in the game each week. We'll look with a critical eye at how each map represents its theme, proves faithful to its lore, and implements its design. We'll see how effective its gameplay is, whether the art holds up, and the forecast for the map's long term retention. With 52 maps to date, it'll be quite the journey!

    Links to the previous entries in a reply at the bottom!

    17 of 51 - Iron Marches - Level 50-60

    Our first level 50 map, Iron Marches is another map where I need to work to separate my personal and objective analysis. As a player of GW1 who spent a significant amount of time in Pre-Searing Ascalon for the 'Defender of Ascalon' title (requiring you to reach the maximum level without leaving what was essentially the tutorial area), I have a strong attachment to this map. It contains a nearly 1:1 slice of portions of Ascalon just north of the wall from the first game.

    That aside, Iron Marches has always been a bit of an odd duck. It contains no world boss, and the relevant story mission (for Vigil characters only) is located along the southern edge of the map. There's never really been any incentive to explore northward, aside from a guild mission and jumping puzzle. Progression is odd from this map as well, placing you along the eastern edge of Fireheart Rise - close to the highest level portion of that map.

    Theme/Concept - 8/10

    Iron Marches seems to primarily be about 'consequences'. As the map holding the cauldron that caused the Searing, it is in some ways the map that is responsible for everything on all the other Ascalonian maps. Combined with the incredible consequences of the Brand, this map is all about the long term impacts of world-shaping events. It's appropriate, therefore, that this map also has one of the only remnants of Mordremoth's rise on a vanilla map as well.

    One of the things that's consistently interesting about this idea as a central theme is that so many of the awful places on this map - the house of a necromancer's ghost who cannot rest, large sections of the Brand - are strikingly beautiful. There's some of the most alien but pretty Brand landscape on this map, not least of which is a great Branded waterfall. Combined with the Ascalonian Great Wall itself, it's fascinating that so many things representing death and destruction can be mournfully attractive.

    Lore - 9/10

    Iron Marches, as I noted previously, has one of the most clearly 1:1 with GW1 landscapes that we have in this game. It's a strange experience to walk around it after so many hours purposefully running around and killing myself to level up enemies so that they would be worth experience when I finally killed them.

    The lore here is good. We get a solid story from the Sentinels - as much if not more than we get in Blazeridge Steppes, which is odd. We also get good lore and scholarly debate about the Searing itself, and some neat excavations of Old Ascalon. We even get some great ogre lore here, in some encampments in the north.

    Perhaps the only letdown among these is anything to do with the Flame Legion. We'll get more of my complaints on this with Fireheart Rise, but the Flame Legion has always been the 'Team Magma' of GW2 villains. Very mustache twirly, rarely a threat. Their plans are always the same - using fire magic to do something… fiery, I guess.

    Design - 7/10

    It always throws me off when maps move from south to north. Something about it feels upside down. But really that's what all Ascalonian maps do starting with Fields of Ruin. Probably I should just get over it.

    On this map we've got four major sections. The first is the 1:1 section next to the Wall at the map's entrance to the south. This section goes up to the Sunken Halls of Clarent. From there, moving northward, we've got two lanes - one dealing with the Flame Legion generally, and the other the Brand. Finally, at the north end we've got a section mirroring the southernmost dealing with ogre settlements around the beautiful headwaters of the rivers of Ascalon.

    Players are intended to generally move south to north, jumping back and forth between the west and east lanes before ending at the Flame Legion temple in the northwest. While it would seem that temple would be a solid place to put a world boss, none exists.

    Gameplay - 6/10

    The map has some fun elements. Of special highlight are the caves tucked about here and there in the middle of the map - quite unlike most cavern systems in the game, which tend to be tucked in the corners or edges. There's even a cave system at the bottom of the Branded lake.

    The events are overall fine. There's a neat horror-flavored heart dealing with helping an ogre stay awake so that he won't be attacked by the shadow skelks that surround him in the dark. The events dealing with the necromancer's ghost are also cool. The 'treasure hunter' achievement for this map is just a purchase from a heart vendor. The meta events on the map are painfully dull.

    The jumping puzzle on map is actually quite fun, involving a number of character transformation effects.

    There are actually a couple of explorer achievements for the mordrem events on this map, which is quite nice. It represents a bit of the 'current events' achievement mentality that we haven't had for a number of years. The events themselves represent quite a difficulty spike on this map, making it very difficult to get those achievements without partying up effectively. Be careful.

    Art - 8/10

    I've always found Iron Marches, like many of the other Ascalonian maps, to be quite beautiful. The pairing of the nostalgia from the southern 'North of the Wall' segment with the psychedelic horrorscape of the Brand - which is more present on this map than almost any other in vanilla - is quite effective. This map has always struck me as quite sad, for some reason. Don't miss the headwaters of Ascalon in the northern portion - it's kind of neat that that was for many years the furthest north and east we could go in the game. They're quite beautiful waterfalls.

    Long Term/Retention - 4/10

    The mordrem achievements have actually helped to keep Iron Marches afloat. That, combined with a commonly run guild challenge mission, make this map surprisingly active for one without a world boss. That's not to say that it's very highly populated. It's not.

    Overall - 7/10

    Iron Marches has some of the strongest carryover from GW1. However, there's very little reason to visit it - and aside from guild challenges and Mordrem events added pre-HoT, there's very little traffic here. It would be at the top of my list for a new World Boss, given that it has some really striking map art. Negative bonus points for the really dull Flame Legion meta event in the Northwest.

    ------------------------------------------

    That's it for today! Next week, we'll be headed to Timberline Falls.

    What do you think of today's map? Any fond memories, or strong complaints? How well do you think this map stands up in comparison to all the others?

    submitted by /u/Jonah_Marriner
    [link] [comments]

    So after over three years of a hiatus from Guild Wars 2 I finally beat the first story lol

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 03:17 PM PDT

    Question about rotations in raids

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 12:48 AM PDT

    So my rotations are following the snow crow stuff and while I can pull it off from the beginning to constant looping my question is : if you're in a fight like say cardinal adina or any boss where you have to run away and you're in the middle of your loop but need to run to hide behind a pillar, do you run back and continue the loop from where you stopped or do you do everything again. Or is it one of those things where you have to judgement call based off cooldowns and etc etc

    submitted by /u/A-Boofed-Person
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] A Mesmer's Nirvana. A piece by me: CruelColorade. [PM for commissions or inquiries]

    Posted: 12 Jul 2020 07:46 PM PDT

    Berserker WvW Elite

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 04:25 AM PDT

    Hey guys, been toying around with Berserker in roaming and small scale WvW and making it as tanky as possible while still having good offensive stats. I've gotten it to a place where I'm happy (2500 power, 3k armor, 31k health, 60% crit chance without fury, ~200% crit damage). However, trying to choose an elite skill is a hard call.

    I used to run Headbutt back in the day, more for the huge damage it did against stability. But it seems they took that damage away with the rest of the CC damage removal. So now it basically is a self stunning shield bash that gives slight boosts to adrenaline and berserker duration, with the only notable "elite" characteristic of it working against stabilized targets. Not sure it's worth it anymore, though that 20 second cool down is nice. I also don't like running Outrage, though, so I won't get that synergy.

    Rampage is always a good option, but is one of those things like Lich form where it's kind of a meme choice since you can only use it every few minutes so you don't get a ton of value from it.

    Battle Standard has an even longer cool down, though it is insanely helpful. But I don't find myself needing it so much in solo roaming or small scale, where you would only ever be picking up one or two people max. Plus, if you DO lose a person, if you are coordinated with your group (I'm usually playing with guild mates) it should be pretty fast to resurrect the downed anyway.

    That leaves me with Signet of Rage, which is what I usually use for the massive damage spike. I will usually wait for the victim to engage my team, then rush in with GS 5, pop Rage and Fury signets, enter Berserker for good damage, Arc Divider for huge damage, Blood Reckoning, and finish with Arc Divider again. At that point I'll start playing like a normal warrior, attacking and switching weapons frequently and using skills off cool down. But normally that burst will kill just about anyone in the game unless they are pure sustain and start blowing all their heals.

    With all that said, is there really much of a point of running anything beyond Signet of Rage in smaller scale fights? Not arguing a lot of the skills being useful in larger fights, but the high cool downs ruin half of them in my circumstances (or I won't get good value given the lower number of players I'm fighting), or in the case of Headbutt, they nerfed away a huge part of the skill.

    Appreciate you guys, hope you all are having a good week!

    submitted by /u/I_AM_SCUBASTEVE
    [link] [comments]

    best two handed class/build

    Posted: 13 Jul 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    so the warrior is in a bad spot right now. what are other classes/builds that's good with two handed weapons? i'd like to have full damage or 50/50 (damage+defense) (𝗣𝗩𝗘)

    submitted by /u/sawx6
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment