• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 19, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 The true endgame...

    Guild Wars 2 The true endgame...


    The true endgame...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:17 AM PDT

    Picking my ownl goal has done wonders for my enjoyment of this game

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:37 PM PDT

    Dear Reddit,

    I am writing this to anyone who might be in a similar situation than i was:

    I enjoy GW2, i have played it since release on and off, but i ran out of new things to do years ago. I farmed fractals for ages, raided for years, made multiple legendaries, i did all the things. And i found myself kind of not playing between new LS releases. So far so good, no mmo is ever going to hold development pace with its dedicated players. No harm in taking a few months off every now and then.

    The thing is, i want to play this game. I dont have the time anymore to commit myself to a new mmo as i did commit myself to gw2 when it came out. I feel comfortable in this universe, i love the lore, i just needed a new way to engage with it.

    So i decided to try out Woddenpoatoes "Merciless Challenge, that he did on his channel a while back. You can check it out there in all detail, but in general its about making the personal story as hard as possible with a few rules:

    You cannot upgrade your starter Armor, nothing to increase your defense stat. (weapons and trinkets are okay, its just about the armor rating)

    No dodges

    No Healskill ( the one everybody has on 6, other heals are allowed)

    Permadeath, if you die once you have to delete your character and start fresh

    No Access to the wallet or bank ( no buying items, using merchant, tp, karma vendors etc. You have to gear yourself from drops only)

    Level approriate story steps, no overleveling

    I have been loving it. The combination of no armor and permadeath makes this game the challenge it shouldve been all along. I just died on my thief lvl 62 during Trahearnes vision off Orr. the character before died lvl 12 to an overly ambitios hero point challenge. Everything is crazy dangerous, every small size story boss feels like a challenge, hell i am even scared of regular orrian grubs.

    I went into claw island scared out of my mind! I have 750 LI and i dont want to go fight more than a single trash mob by myself. Story progress is slow and i can suddenly enjoy the personal story because it has more weight on it! I feel like playing dark souls again.

    I could talk about the new experiences i had and the intese gaming moments for hours. But i am saving that for a later post, when i finally finish the damn thing. For now i just wanted to tell everyone that´s hanging around LA not really knowing what to do, go ahead and try this!

    It is not a rewarding use of your time in gold/hour but if you look for a challenge, try it. You will experience core gw2 story in a very very different way.

    Anyway, this is probably going to get buried but i really needed to express my newfound joy with gw2 somewhere.

    Cheers

    ( not a native speaker, please excuse the occasional grammatical blunder)

    TL;DR: Got bored with the game, found a great way to renew my joy and fun with it and currently very happy actively playing.

    Edit: I would love other challenge ideas, if anybody has some please do tell. Especially stuff for other things than personal story

    Edit2: i proofread this twice and yet i missed the extra "l" in the title. Embarrassing

    submitted by /u/Sunorat
    [link] [comments]

    Bunch of Druids "killing" Deimos in 3 seconds. Details in the comments.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 12:35 PM PDT

    Corporal Bernie every week as we key farm!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    Triple Threat Adventures and how great the community is

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 12:01 AM PDT

    I recently went back to playing GW2 (started around June) and it was my first time experiencing TT and how challenging it is.

    But after a few runs, we chanced upon a really organized map with Commanders and defense groups that squad up and do proper orientations before each round.

    In my years of playing other MMOs (mostly SEA games and WOW), it's so hard to meet actual dedicated groups who would help you in your map success.

    The squad leader briefed us point by point as we went from the coast to our dedicated worm, pointing out finer points like "this is where you stand / stack here so it won't hit you", which color to fill first and last, and when is the best time to attack so that we can wait up for other maps completing their worm. It's one thing to tell people what to do, it's another to make them understand why they so what they should do.

    Commanders were clear, concise, tactful and helpful too. Since chancing upon them, I never experienced a failed map.

    As I played GW2 more, I got the chance to meet really helpful HP commanders, Mesmers with JP ports, and whatnot.

    Yes, I do see bots sometimes. Some players also feel entitled to get revived when they can just WP... But the ratio of bad to good seems so much lower than usual. People generally say thanks when they get revived, Mesmers get tips... It's a pretty cool crowd. As an older person, these are appreciated. I don't feel so far removed from the people I share the map and server with.

    submitted by /u/_nessaprime
    [link] [comments]

    I think I unlocked something more than a bike mount...or should I call it Gundam...

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    If you see someone around you is near a champion please help them kill it. A combined effort would take like 90 seconds plus if your doing a living season map you will get map currency!

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 06:57 PM PDT

    Are "Fractal Zombies" a thing or am I just doing something wrong?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    I do a daily fractal party each day,most of the time everything works out fine, sometimes things run very smooth, sometimes just normal.

    But other times... It just doesnt work at all.

    I am someone who always likes a party that vibes, we are all randoms but why not make fractals more fun by chatting a little on the side? Have some fun and communicate?

    When all of the 4 randoms dont reply at all when I say hello or how everybody is, I already know what kind of party I am dealing with;nobody communicates or writes anything, pure silence,even though I tell everyone to WAIT before taking a WISP until everyone reached one, they always just take one blindly and then I am stuck for half an hour, desperately trying to get people to organize.

    I hate those kinds of parties with a passion.

    submitted by /u/Silaries
    [link] [comments]

    Teleport Hack Caught On Live Stream

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:14 AM PDT

    While I don't think this guy is going to be #1 any time soon, I think we all should remain vigilant against cheaters who ruin the game for everybody else.

    Caught a player (i realise how insignificant his account probably is) using teleport hack in a ranked match on my live stream. It was my first game I was playing today and yeah it was pretty amusing. I hope he gets banned. This ruined the match and ruined the experience of 9 other players potentially.

    He also made it abundantly obvious he was using a teleport hack by being at our spawn at the start of the game. And teleporting beside me on numerous occasions.

    I have reported this player and I hope Anet become aware of this reddit post formulate a response to cheating in guild wars 2.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/684257367

    submitted by /u/western_faith
    [link] [comments]

    Can you see which zones you've completed (finished all tasks, hero challenges, waypoints, vistas, and locations)?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 04:55 AM PDT

    I normally don't leave a zone until I have completed it, however a friend of mine started playing recently and so I have been jumping to his zone when he logs on. Sometimes it takes me a while to find where I left off. Is there anyway to see which zones you have completed without actually being in the zone itself? Thanks!

    EDIT: Hover your mouse over the zone while in the world map; TLDR I'm an idiot. :P The responses were crazy fast, thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/Saxophonic
    [link] [comments]

    Class specializations

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Hello, sorry for the noob question I only started playing yesterday. I have an elementalist if I choose a core specialization like Fire can I swap it to an elite specialization(Weaver) when I purchase PoF upgrade?

    submitted by /u/Blackred_Pt
    [link] [comments]

    Login server issue

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:24 AM PDT

    I've been unable to log in since last night, I keep getting an error message every time I try to log in (The code you entered is invalid. Please check your information and try again. 3023:1012:6:377). On the gw 2 site it says that I need to contact CS with this error code, but I can't sign in to that site either, nor does the send in a ticket anonymously link work, so basically I have absolutely no way of sending in a ticket to get this resolved. I have also tried changing my password and that didn't work either.

    I have the full game including expansions, all of which were purchased directly through the game, so it can't be an issue with that.

    Anyone else having this problem, or have any idea how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/hockeysgal
    [link] [comments]

    My first time downloading Guild Wars 2. I can't even play the game. Any help?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    Very slow download speed

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    Hi guys.

    I want to play guild wars 2 again. Download is stuck between 0 - 250kb/s. Right now it's 0kb/s.

    I have a 100 Mbit/s internet and I just tested it out. Works perfectly.

    I tried everything and all kinds of different -assetsrv but the best I could find was 2Mbit/s but after 2 mins it's stuck at 0Kb/s.

    What can I do? My windows is up to date and I restarted the computer already.

    Right now I use the 2nd IP from : nslookup assetcdn.101.arenanetworks.com

    Thx for your help.

    submitted by /u/hello_krittie
    [link] [comments]

    My Gw2 Engenieer As a Card Dealer.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 10:54 AM PDT

    noob question

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    Hey so after downloading the game how much do I need to pay to unlock the full game and where do I buy it?

    submitted by /u/dumbman124
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to do something about the weird blue lighting changing the color in the hero panel? The ribbons are supposedly the same color, it’s not changed in the makeover preview.

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 09:44 AM PDT

    Ranged Builds

    Posted: 19 Jul 2020 01:38 AM PDT

    Howdy!!

    I'm looking to do my very first play through of Guild Wars 2.

    I've been looking at different builds across the professions and noticed that professions I figured would be more of a ranged playstyle are actually in melee range quite frequently. EG - Necro with scythe, rangers with axes etc.

    Can you guys recommend some ranged builds that you find fun / powerful enough for solo play through?

    Thanks a ton!

    submitted by /u/Zabrix90
    [link] [comments]

    "Network error" after character select

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 05:05 PM PDT

    Seems to be hitting my entire guild right now. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/JohnnnyCanuck
    [link] [comments]

    Good "Revenant-y" swords?

    Posted: 18 Jul 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    Just another glamour thread (Because Fashion Wars 2 never ends).

    I was hoping to get your thoughts on swords that you use for your Revenants (Dual sword sets primarily), because I've been sort of stumped on mine. He's a Norn, so naturally the weapons he uses are going to look *big*, so I've definitely been keeping that in mind.

    My thoughts so far are between the Whisperblade and the Illuminated/Restored Boreal sword.

    submitted by /u/Naoko_Akamori
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment