• Breaking News

    Thursday, June 4, 2020

    Guild Wars Is it just me?!?

    Guild Wars Is it just me?!?


    Is it just me?!?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    I'm sure many of you have heard the line ' I used to play long ago and now just getting back into GW' - well that's true for me. Really enjoying playing again, but I've noticed that every time I go to any town/outpost, even ones that have loads of people in them, that no one barely talks in the general chat any more, I see a few trade posts but not general chit-chat. Starting to wonder if it's either no one uses general chat anymore (people using Discord/TS etc) or everyone stops the moment I arrive?!

    submitted by /u/valaric1980
    [link] [comments]

    GW inspired card game, art for Sword Path

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:53 AM PDT

    All 4 refrain skills maintained afk by heroes

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:14 PM PDT

    My card credentials was stolen after shopping in GW store

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Good morning reddit,

    Today I want to make you aware of quite a huge problem. I made a purchase on my debit card the 4th of May 2020 to the GW1 store. During the purchase I thought that it was rather odd that there was no extra security measurements taken during the purchase, but confident that Arenanet couldn't possibly have an insecure connection when handling purchases I proceeded to use it anyway. Oof, was I wrong.

    Today, exactly 1 month later, I got a notification from my bank; they've blocked an incoming attempt to use the card online, since I had blocked the ability to use this card for online purchases since the purchase back in May. I haven't used this card anywhere else, and it's actually only about 6mo. ago I got this card. I checked my entire history, which only took 5 minutes, since the rest of the purchases were made to the supermarket and freakin' IKEA. I also checked my computer for malware but it came out clean. I've written an email to Arenanet asking what's going on, but knowing how long support takes to answer, buyers should beware.

    submitted by /u/Skritten
    [link] [comments]

    What profession do you main?

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    Need help with finding Sun, the Quivering

    Posted: 04 Jun 2020 04:31 AM PDT

    Okay, so I was trying to cap all elite and this mofo is the only one that has Quivering Blade elit, after some long research on wiki I found out that I need to finish some quest, Seek out Brother Tosai, which I did by accident while doing vanquish in that area, have no idea what I chose and now looking at my quest log I don't have any of the followup quests.So my question is how do I make him spawn if all the Am Fah are friendly on the map and there's no quest in my log to make them agro again.

    Eddit: I might have destroyed Chalice of Corruption from my inventory too...

    submitted by /u/WertygoSpiner
    [link] [comments]

    Guild wars keychain

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 10:39 AM PDT

    Are mini kanaxais still around?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 11:30 PM PDT

    Just curious if so. I hear people claim they have, but will never show. Last time I saw one out was over a year ago. Just curious if anyone actually still has and pulls it out to show instead of just saying they have it. I honestly think the mini is ugly, but wouldn't mind seeing one again.

    submitted by /u/SkullyGhoul
    [link] [comments]

    I'm hard stuck on Tracking the Corruption (HM).

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:35 PM PDT

    Normal was knocked out first try. But hard mode is killing me.

    I feel like there is something I'm missing, but I just can't seem to kill ~40 enemies back to back. My ST spirits inevitably get hit by an AoE and I get over run on either the last or second to last group. I've tried a couple of different builds but I feel like I go from perfectly fine to complete wipe in no time.

    You just don't get any room to move or you over agro. I could do it with cons I'm sure, but I'm trying not to buy my way through the HM run. Any advice? Are all the remaining quests this difficult?

    submitted by /u/0perationFail
    [link] [comments]

    7 Hero DoA NM cleared, Underworld next

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 04:45 AM PDT

    The Mesmer will never become a pure damage-dealer, not at all!

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    For some reason I was reading the developer updates from February to April 2007 .

    "The word from Lead Designer James Phinney on Mesmers is that the designers are going to take a look at potentially broadening the scope of the Mesmers and, perhaps, adding more damage to the mix in a "Mesmer-themed way." The Mesmer will never become a pure damage-dealer, not at all! But the team wants to look at an increase in both scope and damage while considering how to improve the lot of Mesmers in PvE."

    I wonder whether the current meta is what they invisioned back then.

    submitted by /u/Mr-Peipei
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone got a req 9 bone cage or clock work gold?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 08:01 PM PDT

    Lemme know price

    submitted by /u/SkullyGhoul
    [link] [comments]

    LF Anyone making new chars :)

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 07:57 AM PDT

    Old player here and I've been getting back into the game recently. Looking for a group who would be interested in making some characters and running through content. I'm not really interested in speed running or anything, but would like to complete content at a fair pace and eventually complete endgame content. I do work full time so I only play around 3-4 hours max on weekdays. Anyone interested in running a campaign at a consistent time each week let me know. Doesnt really have to be every day, just something consistent. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/XaladinPraetorian
    [link] [comments]

    Poor FPS despite Modern High End System?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 03:35 PM PDT

    Hey guys, I picked up GW1 again after a few years to run through the campaigns again. I'm having a lot of fun, but I've noticed that my FPS is not where it should be.

    For the most part, I sit around 42FPS and occasionally spike up to 50.

    This is in no way unplayable, and considering I played Proph at a solid 15-20 for years when it was new, I'm mostly fine with it. But previous attempts at the game have been higher. And if I turn my camera too fast, there is a very noticable stutter in the game.

    I am running:

    • Intel i5-8600k with slight overclock, nothing serious
    • Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super
    • 2x16gb 3200mHz DDR4 RAM
    • The game is sitting on a fairly new 512gb M.2 SSD

    The obvious:

    • I do not have frame limiter either in game or through any graphic software.
    • I am not running any modifications like Tex/uMod, Toolkit, or anything. The only things open are GW1 and usually YouTube in a Firefox tab. I did at one point use Texmod for Cartography, but it then problem pre-dates it and it is not currently even installed on this computer.
    • Drivers are latest version
    • Windows 10 is probably a month or two behind in updates at this point as I've heard the latest updates are causing issues with other games.
    • CPU and GPU temps sit within normal range while GW1 is running. Both mid 40C range.

    Additionally, turning off or down settings does not seriously impact FPS, which makes me think it's being limited somewhere I don't know about. I move from low 40s to mid 50s if I put everything down to minimum. I have no issues with any other game or program.

    If there is no fix, I'll live, game still completely playable. But I am curious if others have noticed this and found a solution.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Triddy
    [link] [comments]

    Laptop or MacBook for GW1 only/ school

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 12:17 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. Simple question I am in the market for a laptop that can play GW1 with a comfortable frame rate and no other games. Was wondering if you guys could point me into a decent laptop or MacBook ? Budget is around 1000$ -reason for not wanting a gaming laptop I don't want major distractions. Thanks everyone!

    submitted by /u/XDeadlyKarmaX
    [link] [comments]

    Best game to start with

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:16 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I played gw excessively back in the day and am about to revisit it with my partner - she has never played tho and I'm wondering which game will be the most interesting one for a noob. I think I started with Nightfall which was great, but maybe the first one has a more chill vibe to it?

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/wooohooohooo
    [link] [comments]

    Can ranger complete doa hm with heroes ?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:39 AM PDT

    Tahnnakai Temple

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 05:08 AM PDT

    Hey, I've recently started playing again I used to play like 5 yrs ago and I've started with a new character and like a classic new player I've gotten stuck at Tahnnakai Temple haha. I've tried plenty of times to defeat it and made it all the way to the end yet failed but since then I haven't been able to get even to the end. I'm playing in factions and I don't have any heroes only henchman to use but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I can defeat this, is it better played with someone else? Is there a way for me to acquire any heroes even though I'm playing in factions? Thanks :)

    submitted by /u/fatlsoer68
    [link] [comments]

    Whats the drop chance difference of valueable items between nm and hm in elite dungeons?

    Posted: 03 Jun 2020 06:08 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment