• Breaking News

    Wednesday, June 10, 2020

    Guild Wars Had my first and best run of The Deep

    Guild Wars Had my first and best run of The Deep


    Had my first and best run of The Deep

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 07:55 PM PDT

    With today's Zaishen quest being The Deep, I hurried to get there as soon as I saw it, since as a kid I was never 'good enough' at the game to get into groups that ran Deep and Urgoz. Like a lot of people recently, I came back shortly before the anniversary event as while I'm an avid gw2 player, the original will always own my heart.

    Showed up to The Deep, and was almost instantly added to a random party after posting a LFG. I let them know I was inexperienced and still trying to figure out builds this go around; something they didn't have a problem with.

    It was a relatively quick journey that showed me a lot - how much I love the Jade Sea's aesthetic, how insane an assassin can tank 30+ lvl 30 mobs, and how much fun a pug group can be for high level content. I'm far too used to the "be perfect or leave" mindset a lot of people have in games, and these guys were clearly experienced and didn't mind letting me tail along.

    Cue final fight with a boss I've literally never seen until now. When we finished, everyone gathered around the chest and opened, looted summoning stones, and insta-left.

    So there I am, standing at the end of a full cleared Deep run by myself with 12 peoples worth of loot on the floor. Ended up getting to keep 72 Jade Shards, 21 Golds, and Kanaxai's Edge, Mauler, and Axe for myself.

    Needless to say, today was a pretty good day

    submitted by /u/eldritchterror
    [link] [comments]

    Lucky and Unlucky

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 01:36 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, when will be 9 ring open again ? I know at the end of june, but then ? Nothing more for this year After that ? Thanks !

    submitted by /u/Pulverin
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars on Mac?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    I used to play Guild Wars a lot and have all the expansions. I had a PC back then. I'd like to try it again, but now I'm on Mac. Is it possible to play it on Mac?

    Edit: I got it working.

    submitted by /u/ElRatonVaquero
    [link] [comments]

    Can a toolbox ban be appeal-able?

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 07:06 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! I came back to the game about 7 months ago after taking a break for a few years and learned of a 3rd party tool called toolbox. After using it for about a month I received a termination of my account for botting/3rd party software.

    While this is my own fault, I feel like a perma ban is a bit much for something like toolbox compared to the pvp bots running around having the game played for them. I've spent the last 6 months trying to appeal this ban and haven't had any success. I was told no and any further tickets are ignored/closed.

    It feels a little unfair on my end as no evidence is even provided, I'm to take them at their word, and not even be allowed to defend myself. I was hoping you guys could offer some advice when it comes to appealing a ban, or if toolbox is even appeal-able. There is a sizeable user base for this software that adamantly says arena net doesn't ban toolbox users, and yet after reviewing the TOS, policies ect, toolbox does have things against their TOS.

    However, their TOS and policies differ from GW1 and GW2, and arena net always threw their gw2 policies at me. After going through their GW2 policies there isn't anything that toolbox does that is banable. You're allowed to use an autoclicker and bind hotkeys in gw2 yet these are run by third party programs which are not allowed? Even when confronting Anet with this my ticket was met with silence.

    So after fighting this for 6 months I'm at a bit of a loss. I've been open and honest with arena net, yet they refuse to take a hard look at my case and see that I wasn't really botting or automating any gameplay. I'm assuming an HA bot reported me and Anet saw that I was using toolbox and just outright banned me without discussion. I've had this account for 15 years and I feel pretty terrible going out like this. If anyone has any ban appeal suggestions I would greatly appreciate them.

    submitted by /u/Tacohero154
    [link] [comments]

    Guild roster/status issues

    Posted: 10 Jun 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    For the past couple of months now, my guild (and others I am in or have seen) have been having ongoing issues with things not displaying/updating properly on the guild roster, for example:

    • The guild status shows the same few events (leaves/invites/kicks) repeated multiple times
    • New members do not appear on the roster until rezoning
    • Some members appear online with other members' character names
    • Some members who leave or are kicked appear on the roster indefinitely and cannot be kicked (returning "Error=GR-17")
    • Guest invites persist after they expire and cannot be revoked (same error as above)

    The guesting issue can be resolved by reguesting the person (under the same character name they were initially guested as) and then revoking it again, but the main roster is now filling up with people who haven't been in the guild for weeks.

    Some of the roster issues will disappear after relogging into the game (switching characters is not sufficient), but will come back immediately after changing zone.

    I can't imagine ANet support being able to do much at this stage of the game's life, but is anyone else having issues like this and has found a way to resolve them? Because it's getting a little ridiculous now :x

    submitted by /u/Yrael-
    [link] [comments]

    Old player looking for a fun guild.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:22 PM PDT

    I played HEAVY some years ago. Just bought a new account and looking to get back into it in my free time. I have a full time job, a 1 year old, and am in school so I won't be on at all hours, but I'm looking for a guild that accepts new accounts and has a voice chat of some sort.

    submitted by /u/TheBigEasy82
    [link] [comments]

    Help me find a Vertebreaker

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 06:10 PM PDT

    Will anyone sell me a Vertebreaker for a decent price? I don't care what req. I always had one on my original account that was lost a while back. I had to start anew but now everyone seems to want way to much for one. Someone told me 10a minimum. The best i can do is 100e

    submitted by /u/undeadexile752
    [link] [comments]

    French pvp guild R E E E X [rx] look for people

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:25 PM PDT

    Troubleshooting: Game freezes after dying and resurrecting at shrine in Pre-Searing

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have this problem where the game freezes after dying and being resurrected. I've experimented and determined the following, in case any of this is relevant:

    • I am using a 4k monitor with an Intel i7 8700K CPU and two GTX 1080ti GPUs in SLI
    • I have a second monitor hooked up and set to extend desktop, but it's my home theater TV so I keep it turned off if I'm just playing games.
    • I've tried 4k and 1080p resolution in-game. Full-screen and Borderless. No luck.
    • I tried letting the game auto-detect all graphics settings. No luck.
    • The problem occurs specifically when I move my *character*. I can hold right-mouse and spin the camera around as much as I want without triggering the freeze. If I take a step in any direction, I freeze.
    • I am in Pre-Searing in the Northlands, grinding the Charr. So it's not just the tutorial spawn shrine that causes it.

    Does anyone have any idea what's causing this or what I can do to work around it?

    EDIT: Just tested one of my level 20 characters outside of Lion's Arch. I died and resurrected at the nearest zone portal without any problem. So the issue seems to be specifically related to either the Shrines, or Pre-Searing, or both.

    EDIT 2: Tested at a Shrine outside of Old Ascalon in Post-Searing without any problem. So it's only in Pre-Searing.

    submitted by /u/DarkAvengerX7
    [link] [comments]

    So, if I'm starting from Prophecies again...

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 05:17 AM PDT

    What classes do you recommend? What do you guys find the most fun and why? I usually always choose healers but have a monk that i heavily invested in before.

    What do you guys enjoy? I'm torn between Ranger, Ele and Mesmer to be honest!

    submitted by /u/Matt___Murdock
    [link] [comments]

    Just started back up again

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Played as a kid got close to nothing done it's a miracle i even completed a campaign, is there a good pve ranger build to follow? i tried https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Build:Team_-_7_Hero_Beginner_Team but i feel like my damage output is quite minimal, and for runes and all it stays very basic. i made it through cantha and nightfall with this guide but would like to change it up a bit perhaps? i don't know what's wise and whatnot

    submitted by /u/Kadalababa
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have a estimate of how many mini grawls total ingame still? Picture shows the events it was obtained from. Just curious an estimate on how many you think are out there.

    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment