• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 21, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 The pug experience

    Guild Wars 2 The pug experience


    The pug experience

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    My attempt at making Darkness from KonoSuba

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 06:18 PM PDT

    Asura commission I finished! ♥

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:23 AM PDT

    Without a steady supply of new players trying to 1v1 them, Toxic Spider Queens of Kessex are known to experience bouts of great depression, going as far as attempting to drown themselves.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 07:16 PM PDT

    [Art] Lyurre, my winter asura.

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:42 AM PDT

    My version of Hawkman

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 07:03 AM PDT

    PSA: Arenanet Support can change account e-Mail addresses - even to one which is not yours.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:36 PM PDT

    Context:

    One day(now almost 4 months ago) i received an SMS-Authentication code i did not request in anyway. And another one. Another one. So i got curious and tried logging in, which resulted in an authentication error. "Thats surely because of someone elses failed login attempts", was what i thought. Therefore, i tried retreiving my account via the arenanet account page. Interestingly enough when trying to request a password change, it told me there was no account with that e-mail address.
    Huh? I had this account for more than 5 years, how come there is no account with my e-mail address? No biggie, I'll just write the support... just that, well, this support does not respond after one reply (taking 2 weeks to respond), which basically only asks me if im sure about the e-mail address. Yes, i am sure. Kind of annoyed, a month after their reply, i open another ticket. There in i ask for a refund for all my gem purchases - after all i bought quite a few, 2 weeks before my account got inaccessible for me even - or resolving my problem I wrote about in the other ticket (linking it with timestamp).

    What followed was, if it wasn't so damn annoying, a comedy sketch i could imaging monty python would do. Three e-mails telling to give them the exact same information i already gave them. So i did. Three times. In their last of these 3 mails, they also mention that the Accountname, the one looking like abcd.xxxx, belonged to a different, but similar e-mail address, which they cannot disclose to me (Data Security, ye know) Only that i wrote in the last e-mail how i feel and that i know that only the support can change the e-mail address of the account.

    And now to the good part: After this last respond from me, they send me their license agreement in which is stated that i am not allowed to share my account, sell it or w/e. Now this is funny (not). I did not share the account to anyone. And how come the e-mail adress got changed? That was not my doing.

    The only thing that secures the account is the password (which in my case was around 40 characters long) and SMS-Authentication. But all of this can be bypassed by asking for an e-mail change appearantly. I don't know what it takes to change the address but i presume the old e-mail adress, the account username and some characters name - and an e-mail address is not really an obscure thing - alot of people know mine. So is the account username. It is publicly visible. As is a character name.

    Well. now that they gave me the fault, all i could do was defend myself and tell them i did not share the account. And if anything, it was their fault for changing the e-mail address without using one of the security options they had: e-mail address, bankaccount used for payments and phonenumber.

    Now what did i was write exactly this. Which resulted in my ticket getting closed and me not having my account back. The only good thing was, that i did not really play the game anymore anyways - but after almost 10 thousand hours in there it is a bad way to quit.

    So im writing these lines so you can act accordingly: I don't know how to act accordingly to not have this happen to you. That the support can change e-mail addresses without checking any security options is unsettling.

    TL;DR

    Account e-mail addresses can be changed by the support without checking if it is actually you, the owner of the account, who asks for this change.

    submitted by /u/im_so_creative_meh
    [link] [comments]

    Tyrian Gazette delivered today. It was beautifully done.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 05:55 PM PDT

    Je Pull [Rise] 5 Man Qadim The Peerless CM

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 02:31 PM PDT

    Hello reddit!

    After our most recent attempt on pushing a low man CM with very few people we decided to visit another favourite of ours.

    Game plan

    We started of with one extra person in this run too, meaning we had 6 people in our group with the extra person supporting us as a druid, however those heals were quickly shown to be overkill as we killed the boss within only two or three attempts. The deadeyes sustain well on their own, our renegade is able to do just fine with cautiousness to retal in the last phases and our chrono managed to survive on his own with a few adjustments to his build.

    Our biggest task was dealing with the anomalies in an efficient way without losing much dps, as we knew from the start we would kill the boss with very little time left. In order to achieve that, we had to adjust the lava field placements in a way that would allow us to kill the anomalies by only cc'ing them in those fields.

    All in all, this was a fun fight to low man. We enjoyed discovering new things and testing out different ideas in our many attempts.

    Our squad and pov's

    Chrono: MLind
    Renegade: Bagel
    Our mlg snipers
    Deadeye: MrTea
    Deadeye: Lito
    Deadeye: Gyumi
    Log

    [Rise]

    We are a raid selling guild who loves to low-man. Here mechanics are our #1 priority. We are not intrigued by DpS benchmarks, record times or luck. What we are interested in is runs that are clean, clinical and can be reproduced time and time again.

    submitted by /u/MLindr
    [link] [comments]

    How do you "know" what you are doing with your class?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Hello. I am a relatively new player (bought the game a year ago but haven't been playing all year long).

    My main characters are a holosmith (killed 2 raid bosses on it - first 2 wing 2 bosses) and a guardian.

    Here is the problem. With my holosmith, it was easy to get into raids because the game's mechanics weren't hard to get used to, I can move well, I can dodge well and I know how to more or less read enemies well and somewhat adapt quickly and the holosmith (in my experience) didn't really require much understanding of what's going on which is why I could get high scores on the training golem just roughly memorizing a rotation and could get those raid kills. I just practiced the rotation and did somewhat decent damage and that was that.

    Then, I tried doing the same thing with the guardian (DH) and I failed miserably. On the training golem with LN settings (I think it's LN - full boons on me and full condis on 4m golem), I cannot break even 15k dps. This is really bad and I realize it is bad. I have no idea what I am doing wrong and I don't even want someone to just point it out for me because I'd still just be memorizing the corrected rotation.

    Here is the thing, this problem made me realize I am simply memorizing a rotation. I do not know the first thing about neither holosmith nor guardian. I am very *not* flexible. I want to actually understand my class enough for the rotations to make sense. I want to understand it enough to have some flexibility. I want to understand it enough to be able to play with my traits and not just copy some trait tree off of some big builds website (metabattle, SC, etc).

    I do not know how to do that so I thought I might ask people on this community and see if there are things that I could do to speed up the process or put myself on the right path. I really want to raid on my guardian (and in general) but I am stopping myself from doing so because I'll be dead-weight at this point and I don't want to put people off and make them less likely to want to group up with me again.

    submitted by /u/hackermaw
    [link] [comments]

    What do you think of my keybinds?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:17 AM PDT

    (Sorry if it's bad formatting I'm on mobile)

    I'm a returning player and I'm basically new, so I made this keybind setup after reading tips and some personal changes:

    Movement:

    WASD (A and D are strafe)

    Dodge: V

    Skills:

    Weapon swap: Mouse 4

    Weapon skills: 1-5

    Heal on Q.

    Utility skills: ERT.

    Elite skill: Mouse 3

    Profession skills: Alt+Q, Alt+E, Alt+R, Alt+F, Mouse 5

    Special Action: Z

    Targeting:

    Nearest target: C

    Next target: Tab

    submitted by /u/Scarlet-eyes
    [link] [comments]

    Charr Concept Art from Gw1. Notice the armor.

    Posted: 20 Jun 2020 12:40 PM PDT

    Charr Concept Art from Gw1. Notice the armor.

    Some of the armor pieces can be found in gw2, tho with slight changes. And is the middle one wearing the visage of the khan-ur? ^^

    https://preview.redd.it/2e6y691sb4651.png?width=800&format=png&auto=webp&s=9d6ef1e6dcc142eb40602e11b2dfb01b8b3b386a

    submitted by /u/Ionenschatten
    [link] [comments]

    Better Condition Visibility?

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Returning player here, mesmer main so playing with condis is pretty much a given. I've been trying to get a little more serious about my approach to the game, but one thing that I struggle with is utilizing condi/boon swaps with how difficult it seems to be to keep track of that information using just the tiny little buff/debuff icons.

    Does anyone have any advice on better ways to be aware of what conditions/boons are active on yourself or opponent? I feel like I had a much better awareness of this in GW1, but in GW2 for example I usually can't tell if I have something like torment until I've already taken a ton of damage from moving.

    submitted by /u/DarthAsevis
    [link] [comments]

    Revenge of Capricorn vs Forest of Niflhel

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:43 AM PDT

    In forest people tend to say that ignoring beasts is the way to go and that for the most part you should focus on capping. Since each beast gives +25 points, I don't understand why this mechanic is ignored, but on Capricorn everyone is expected to cap a point that also gives you +25. I understand that the value increases every time you cap it, but I've had very few games go past the +50 timer. Usually in a winning match I'll have +75 total from the mechanic (+25,+50). Why ignore beasts when it's potentially +100 if you can grab both quickly? Am i missing something? Any tips would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/tt779
    [link] [comments]

    So I found a particular spot on Drizzlewood's Coast and just couldnt resist shitposting

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 05:09 AM PDT

    So I found a particular spot on Drizzlewood's Coast and just couldnt resist shitposting

    I see no gods up here...

    ...besides me

    And my divine pet dog, maybe.

    submitted by /u/Vin_Bo
    [link] [comments]

    Mount Disc

    Posted: 21 Jun 2020 02:06 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2c4toGnUZE&t=333s

    As i was watching this video, i saw him using a mount disc to select one of his mounts at 4:51. How did he do that? I cant find the settings for that. Could someone help me?

    submitted by /u/Lowkey1335
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment