• Breaking News

    Friday, May 1, 2020

    Guild Wars Kind player sponsors me my first FoW armor!

    Guild Wars Kind player sponsors me my first FoW armor!


    Kind player sponsors me my first FoW armor!

    Posted: 01 May 2020 04:02 AM PDT

    Kind player sponsors me my first FoW armor!

    Hey guys,

    after seeing this post https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/comments/gadyiz/finally_i_got_my_first_obsidian_armor/ and commenting on it, one gentle guy just offered me to sponsor my first obsy armor too. After some chatting we went through FoW and he bought it for my dervish.

    I couldn't resist to thank him on this way. That's what makes guild wars such a nice game: the friendly and nice playerbase!

    Thank you u/chemdaawg

    https://preview.redd.it/umehpohzx4w41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f4bb08e0dc2cbc9388e02df796de97af4041602d

    submitted by /u/AnurSyqiecco
    [link] [comments]

    I was 9 when I started playing on my dads account.. 10 when I got my own and made this character. After all these years, finally completed GWAMM!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    Soul Taker N/A Dagger and N/D Scythe build ideas

    Posted: 01 May 2020 02:28 AM PDT

    Game Update Notes: April 30, 2020

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:32 PM PDT

    Guild Wars - MMO Populations & Player Counts Shows Player Activity has Skyrocketed to 95k in 1 month!??

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Hey everybody, Heroic Refrain is still ridiculously strong

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    The nerf from +6 to +4 certainly is a hit, but given the absolute monstrosity it was before, I would still classify it as ridiculously strong. I urge against the "RiP paragon" sentiment -- paragon is still without a doubt the strongest class in the game when paired with a team of mesmers.

    Here's the modified mercenary comp from PvX: https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Build:Team_-_7_Hero_Heroic_Mesmerway

    This setup still has beastly mesmers and hits all of the important breakpoints. I would recommend giving it a go before you put away your paragon due to the nerf. Also, any feedback is welcome -- the comp is still young!

    submitted by /u/xanshiz
    [link] [comments]

    My GW inspired card game just went live on Kickstarter!

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    My GW inspired card game just went live on Kickstarter!

    I've been posting about my game the past year or so and the community has been so supportive! Thanks everyone that gave feedback and followed this project along. It's been over 2 years of work but I'm very proud of Ambal Tournament, check it here: https://cutt.ly/AT_KickstarterPage

    This started as a small fun project where I wanted to explore the mechanics of the GW's skill system, also being influenced by the mechanics of other RPGs.

    https://preview.redd.it/16b3rvvjt0w41.jpg?width=2312&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=413cf7b49e1745e46bf07cf5b4078686bc10b988

    The game works with simultaneous combat where every card is a skill, ranging from Actions, Spells, Curses, Boons and Elite skills. You can also inflict conditions like Poison, Bleeding and Burning. Players can use up to two Schools of Knowledge to build their decks. Think of these Schools as Attributes in GW. There are 4 initial Schools: Fire Magic, Water Magic, Sword Path and Assassination Path. But I plan to release more Schools in the future.
    It's an analog card game by the way (no plans for a digital version for now), I've been enjoying more and more disconnecting from technology to play board/card games. I still play GW though hehe.

    https://preview.redd.it/scdgfqwot0w41.png?width=1600&format=png&auto=webp&s=1c746683e2d01229606c7bc6ce385cd85e181ab9

    I've posted about the progress before so some of you might have seen pics of my game. For everyone that supported with nice words and feedback, thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/ZerusDabliu
    [link] [comments]

    New to the game, feeling very Overwhelmed with all of this meta stuff.

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 11:08 PM PDT

    Hello, sorry to be a bother, but a friend of mine had an itch to play this game and bought me the complete edition to join him and our other friends to play the game. Currently we are playing the Prophecies campaign and I've been trying to find info so I can figure out what profession to play, but so far all I've found is tons of stuff about meta and "these professions suck, play these only" and I've now ended up becoming very angry and frustrated at myself as a result. Ideally, after having done dabbling with professions, is that I really wanted to do a beastmaster ranger since the idea of being a job who does all it's damage via a pet to be super appealing, but from what I've read, it seems pets suck and rangers are bad and Mesmer is the only job worth playing in prophecies. Now I'm left feeling bitter and frustrated over this.

    Currently our little band is a Mesmer/Warrior, Necro/Ranger, Monk/Elementalist. At first I was doing Elementalist/Mesmer until I learned that Rangers have a pet only option, but now I've no idea what to do since I have a personal issue in that I want to be useful and not rejected (something part of my mental issues that is for another time) which is why I'm driven to do Meta builds despite them not being fun to me and in turn makes the game miserable to me.

    Do ya'll have any advice or suggestions as to this? I want to be useful, I want to have fun being a pet commander, I don't want to be worthless, Majority of the Meta combos just don't feel fun to me.

    submitted by /u/RenryuuIsura
    [link] [comments]

    Theorycraft new *fixed weapons

    Posted: 01 May 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    The new pats says they are fixed, I have not tested them but let's assume they work as intended, what possible build directions with them?

    So unless investing in the main weapon mastery line no attack skills from there.

    So what remains is PVE attack skills, no attribute attacks and auto attacks.

    Bad for bows Just one (bad) PVE ranged attack, and just one very good spear PVE attack.

    So some options

    Para with Daggers / probably will be used, whirlwind attack, with HR and dagger mastery fantastic skills most probably want to will invest in DM if going for daggers, so not much use over a regular weapon. The issue with DM is the large space they cover on the skill bar, at least 3 spots, so might be used for skill compression.

    If also frees the secondary from A, therefore possibly going for W and SY or Ranger and Serpents. Probably might see some use.

    War with the spear / W/P Spear of fury build? If going for spear, with the new skill, will buff spear mastery and use that, so not much use over a regular spear. Also spears are bad damage, and War has some excellent damage weapon options on its own, so not much use overall.

    Monk with the Hammer / probably used? for lack of better options

    Ele with an Axe / Conjure, Whirlwind

    Nec with the scythe / probably the most useful of them with Dark aura builds and the new Elite

    Sin with bow / will not be used

    Ranger with sword / not be used other than some farming build perhaps

    submitted by /u/Ftdffdfdrdd
    [link] [comments]

    Will someone with the mesmer shield help me with a simple test?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:17 PM PDT

    I just want to auto attack you with peppermint daggers to see if the damage is higher, lower, or the same as a normal 16 shield without meeting req (so 8 ar)

    Need 3 things:
    -Invite me to your guild as a guest
    -New Mesmer shield (without armor or -dmg vs physical mods)
    -16 ar shield (without armor or -dmg vs physical mods)

    OR if you have peppermint weapons (or any that does x-x dmg where x = constant value) I will do the Mesmer part

    ign: hyperion tartarus

    submitted by /u/_hungry_
    [link] [comments]

    Weird experience vanquishing Diessa Lowlands

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    I worked through the area, killing everything I saw while scraping the edges of the map for cartography reasons, and had a fairly fun time of it.

    Of course, as you expect in vanquishing a loopy terrain map like this, finding the last few enemies was a pain - especially with so many hidden devourers spawning only when you walk close enough.

    The strangest thing though, was the final enemies. I found a pair of hydras patrolling through the tar, but couldn't catch up to them till they just walked straight on up and out of the map into Flame Temple Corridor - at which point my kill count goes up, and the map is marked as completely vanquished.

    I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it was definitely interesting.

    submitted by /u/Veltr
    [link] [comments]

    Hero AI request: Cast "They're on Fire!" off CD or remove cast time from Anthem of Flame

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 11:03 PM PDT

    Many of us Paragons are very excited to use Heroic Refrain, our favorite new toy.

    However, maintaining echoes every 10s can be an annoying feat for anyone without unauthorized third party apps.

    Currently, heroes use Anthem of Flame off cooldown, making it perfect in theory. However, since Anthem of Flame has a cast time, heroes using it often lag behind.

    Here is my suggestion: Copy the AI from Anthem of Flame onto "They're on Fire!", or remove the cast time from Anthem of Flame.

    This would make maintaining our echoes a lot easier. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Anon_throwawayacc20
    [link] [comments]

    New Elite Skills Rebalancing

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    The new Elite Skills are certainly a welcome addition, and many of them are great! (Perhaps even TOO great in some cases. :P ) But there are a couple that are underwhelming to say the least, and I don't think they quite accomplish what Anet was going for.

    So why don't we theorycraft and see what might make these skills better? For instance:

    Judgement Strike:

    Kudos to Anet for implementing a melee attack for Monks! I've long thought that there should have been some synergy between smiting and protection to allow melee builds to be viable. Unfortunately, what monk really needs is a rework, and the most a single skill could accomplish is giving it a unique niche.

    That being said, monk is STILL too fragile to reliably melee. What if, in addition to the current effects of the skill, it had ONE of the following effects:

    "Caster and all party members within earshot receive 1...10...15 extra armor for 3...7...15 seconds"

    OR

    "Enemies within the area deal ?...??...?? less damage with their next 2...5...10 attacks or skills."

    Obviously, this would not make the monk a top tier melee unit (still being fragile), but it would give it a unique frontline niche of supporting and protecting the party through melee strikes. After all, isn't support what the monk is all about?

    Over the Limit:

    Honestly, I haven't mained ele in a LONG time, but reduced energy regen PLUS overcast is a bit much. Maybe if it was only overcast and it generated slightly slower?

    What do you all think?

    submitted by /u/Durandbolg
    [link] [comments]

    Elonian/Northern Support week and Storybooks

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 06:03 PM PDT

    I'm finding some conflicting information regarding whether Storybook reward pts. are doubled during the Elonian Support and Northern Support weeks.

    As per the in-game announcement:

    " The Land of the Golden Sun requires your aid! Receive double Sunspear and Lightbringer points (excluding completed books) as you battle across Elona. Weekly bonuses last until 3 PM GMT on Monday. "

    However, as per the GW1 - Weekly Bonuses Wiki page:

    [BUG] Despite the login screen announcements of Elonian Support and Northern Support Bonus stating that points are doubled "excluding completed books", turning in completed books during the corresponding bonus will sometimes award double points.

    So what does "sometimes" mean? What are the conditions for it? Does the Bug still persist or has it since been fixed and the wiki not been updated? With Northern Support coming up next week, it'd be good to know if I should save up my books till then or not.

    submitted by /u/Vitesze
    [link] [comments]

    How Im perceiving my GWAMM journey

    Posted: 01 May 2020 12:45 AM PDT

    [LF] Ranger + 3 hero build mqsc duo

    Posted: 01 May 2020 12:42 AM PDT

    Hi,

    These days im working on my Luxon Titel. We are playing dual mqsc. Every Player with 3 heros.

    My question after fixing new Ranger Elite is, what would you prefer for a Ranger + 3 Hero for Yeti and Suhler (Dont know english word for it) way.

    Prefer a Ranger + 3 necro Heros. Should i Go as SoS. Or others Heros?

    What do U think? In Picture: White and Red way.

    Ty much

    MQSC

    submitted by /u/Charrzenegger
    [link] [comments]

    Free unded minis :)

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Free unded minis :)

    Hey,

    Message IGN "Hans Huene" if you want any of these Minis:

    https://preview.redd.it/20gbuofrr0w41.png?width=393&format=png&auto=webp&s=f196df5fc022a9d48414b52724a1fbbf30a81a84

    I would be happy about a donation on those golden and green ones :-p

    Looking for:

    • Oola
    • Zhu Hanuku
    • MOX
    submitted by /u/HansWursT619
    [link] [comments]

    Judgement Strike

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 10:29 AM PDT

    I was really happy when I saw Judgement Strike, as I love making odd builds in this game and a melee strike monk elite is about as odd as it gets. Trying to make a melee monk build I noticed something interesting. as with all new elite skills this also scales with the primary stat and oh does it make a difference, at 16 it gives the attack +19 holy damage per hit, while at 0 it only gives +13 or around 1 point of damage per 2.66 levels of divine favor. this elite is almost certainly better on any other melee class than it is on monk. it's a pretty big knockdown which i may consider using, in fact, this is basically a wammo elite skill, an aoe hammer skill as divine favor just doesn't really make the skill any better.

    anyway, enough ranting, i have to make a wammo build.

    submitted by /u/ota-Q
    [link] [comments]

    Update?

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 05:34 PM PDT

    Does anyone know what changed?

    submitted by /u/Zybbo
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Skill Tomes and new skills

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    If you have captured the new elite skills on a character, can you use Elite Skill Tomes to acquire them on a new character or do you have to capture them again?

    submitted by /u/DiscipleOfMelandru
    [link] [comments]

    End game mission access

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    Was it previously possible to reach end game missions without doing the preceding ones?

    I logged onto my assassin today and found that I had access to Imperial Sanctum, and Abaddon's Gate. However, I do not even have the outposts for Raisu Palace or Gate of Madness. It looks like I actually left off at Eternal Grove and Gate of Pain.

    So I'm trying to figure out what I was up to (I guess) 15 years ago.

    Edit: screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/t63NVes

    submitted by /u/Aion1125
    [link] [comments]

    New monk elite still weak after latest balance patch

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 09:12 PM PDT

    New monk elite still weak after latest balance patch

    Hello mates,

    I tried different stuff on the Isle of the Nameless. See the screenshots below:

    Damage with Judgment's Strike

    Damage with Whirlwind Attack

    Ok, so can anyone please explain to me, why a melee monk should decide for Judgment's Strike? The difference in damge is minor. Because of the potential knock down? Oh please, you could go with Yeti Smash or even with Earth Shaker to have a guaranteed AoE knock down.

    @ A-Net: I really appreciate the re-balance a few hours ago, but the skill is still....not really strong if compared to a few other new PvE-only elites.

    What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Ariortega
    [link] [comments]

    The new weapons make almost no difference

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 02:39 PM PDT

    For example the Spawning Power bow deals ~5 damage with 0 in Spawning Power and ~10 damage with 16 in Spawning Power

    you still need 12 in Marksmanship to deal ~35 damage

    SO what's the point of these weapons? deal 5 more damage? seriously? I don't get it

    submitted by /u/Galaxtic_avenger
    [link] [comments]

    Came back to the game and looking for someone to hang out with

    Posted: 30 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Exactly as title says, I just re-downloaded gw after about 10 years of hiatus, made a Ritualist and decided to replay factions, but got more characters for other types of content.

    IGN: Achromatic Dreams

    submitted by /u/Achromatic_Dreams
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment