• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 3, 2020

    Guild Wars FYI: add-ons are around half off right now

    Guild Wars FYI: add-ons are around half off right now


    FYI: add-ons are around half off right now

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:11 PM PDT

    Check the guild wars online store if you've been saving up for things like character slots, storage panels or costumes. They seem to be around 40-50% off right now. Probably for the 15th year anniversary, so maybe only for a few more days.

    There have been a lot of posts recently (glad to see more faces on this sub!) So sorry if I missed this already and it's a double post.

    submitted by /u/AeroSigma
    [link] [comments]

    gwarmory -- thank you so much gwtoolbox devs, fashionwars just got buuuuffed

    Posted: 03 May 2020 03:45 AM PDT

    Using Judgement Strike and the new Hammer to farm Gates of Kryta

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    On what I should be spending my proofs of legend?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    I have 21 leftover after I bought the mesmer shield and the proof of triumph. Not sure what to do with the rest. Do I get an anniversary weapons, a decade weapons, or blessings of war?

    submitted by /u/hydro0033
    [link] [comments]

    Night of 10,000 Ectos: 2020 Prep

    Posted: 02 May 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    It is that time of year again! The 4th Annual Night of 10,000 Ectos preparations have begun! As I have done every year for the last 4 years I plan on hosting a HUGE giveaway, open to EVERYONE. With the massive increase in playerbase, from all the sweet new content, I would love to make this year special.

    Unfortunately for me, I have been very busy this year and have not been able to farm up the 10,000 ectos worth of stuff to give away. If you are someone who doesn't need any more stuff, but wants to help support this amazing community, all donations are welcome, no matter the size.

    You can see some info from last year's event HERE.

    I have also recently created a guild to support this giveaway. Night of Ten Thousand Ectos [Free]

    The goal of this guild is for players who only play every few months, or to park an alt in. I am trying to start a location for people who like to give back to congregate, and for the [Free] tag to really mean that that is a player that wants to help out. If this is something you are interested in please reach out. My IGNs are Callme Monk X or Wtb A.

    We also have a discord that you can join HERE

    The even will probably be June 27th at 6pm EST. This is subject to change. Fisherman's Haven as always.

    As always, we will have a Scavenger Hunt, as we do every year. We will also be doing trivia on the day of the event, to win the prizes. If you have other ideas of events please let me know.

    I know some have expressed an interest in a fundraiser Lottery game (2 ectos buys you a 'ticket' aka random number between 1 and 1,000 (maybe 1-100 if the pool is low). Once a week I would stream a lotto drawing where I use a random generator to pick a number. If your number gets picked then you win half the pot. The other half gets donated to the event. I always put a base of 10-20 ectos based pot of my own in. If there is enough interest in this I would be willing to do this, so please let me know.

    As always, these events don't happen without all of you. Between the donations, help, and obviously participation; it is always appreciated so thank you so much!

    ~Callme Monk X~

    submitted by /u/ninja_panthar
    [link] [comments]

    What makes this game so fun?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    This has been the number one question in my head since I started playing again. I never wanted to just binge play games. Usually, I get bored and go throw darts because that is the other activity I love to do. Also, I'm a pretty awesome dart thrower which helps enforces my love for that game.

    Yet, I'm stuck wanting to make alts, leveling, and enjoying this game again like I did when I first discovered it. Although, It starts me playing one profession and thinking I wanting to try XYZ with my secondary and then wanting to the role either a more reverse role or a different combo with the secondary profession. It's a reminder of why I like the games like MTG or that have that think outside the box strategy because maybe you can come up with a weird non-traditional build that is super effective definitely in the PvE side of things.

    I think a lot the important things that GW1 did right is with the instanced-limited areas is the fact you need to have these things figured out before you enter maps or dungeons. It's that feeling when a build doesn't quite work and you're like "well, shit.. either I'm going try and play with -40% and want to hit my head against the keyboard or have to redo everything after tinkering with my build."

    Now, I don't get to say what my PvP side experience but I don't see the players playing that side of the game like I did before GW2 released. I'm sure they exist and play but not like the plethora like they use too.

    submitted by /u/TheBloodyyui
    [link] [comments]

    Coming back to guild wars - 3 man runs

    Posted: 03 May 2020 02:08 AM PDT

    Hey guys! Due to the updates and corona, me and 2 friends started to playing guild wars again. 2 of us started s new character with dervish and ranger. Is there any chance we can do UW, FoW and other runs like realm of torment?

    Would you suggest any heroes, builds or a profession our third guy needs to take? He would prefer ritu afaik, but he has plenty of characters.

    Im currently building dervish VoS and Pious Renewal. I also got Avatar of Balthazar yesterday if this helps. I could also see me as the role of a tank if its needed.

    I also got a (SS, MM, BiP) Necro and a Warrior.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MXPi
    [link] [comments]

    TexMod - no longer working?

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:34 AM PDT

    Hi. Returning player here. Been playing with an old copy of texmod past few weeks, and everything has been going fine. Today (or possibly yesterday, based on screenshots), noticed that the texmod packages (specifically, Carto-made-easy and @mu's) I use are no longer working.

    I don't know if this is something on my end, or an actual change to game client; I did notice the message (in-game) that "a new version/package of the game is available", and it was around this time that my screenshots reflect this change (that is, the texmod packages no longer working).

    Does anyone else use texmod, and have this experience? I can't tell if it's gray area to use texmod or not from the wiki, or if this is just on my end (I've been using extensive video editing software recently that coincides with possible graphics changes). Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hime-again
    [link] [comments]

    So, how to get the new goodies

    Posted: 03 May 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I haven't played GW (or any game, actually) for the last 6 years. So I am very confused how to get the new goodies with the Anniversary update. Can you give me step-by-step guide what to do to get the nee elite skills on my 3 main chars? And do I need to purchase the new Xunlai panels with real-life money or there's ingame way to obtain them?

    Much appreciated your help.

    submitted by /u/AlexKazumi
    [link] [comments]

    Fun Fact: Heroic Refrain stacks with Ritual Lord

    Posted: 02 May 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    The new Paragon elite, Heroic Refrain, can boost all of an ally's attributes by 4. With that boost, the Ritualist elite, Ritual Lord, can boost an all-binding-ritual-build by another 5 while reducing the recharge of the binding rituals by 77%. Spirits can be cast with an attribute of 20 from an actual attribute of 11. 30 second recharges become 7 seconds. 45 second recharges become 10 seconds.

    Warning: You will need a BiP

    submitted by /u/iamablackbeltman
    [link] [comments]

    Misinterpreted skill icons

    Posted: 03 May 2020 01:28 AM PDT

    You know how sometimes you look at skill icons and see stuff that actually isn't represented in them? And then years go by until you learn by chance that you've been wrong all that time? This is something I've seen happen for people in other games so I wanted to check if it happened to some of you guys as well in Guild Wars, I know for me it happens with at least a few skills. I will just state some that come to mind and quickly describe what I see. Some of these really made my mind explode when I found out what they were meant to represent. If you've also misinterpreted any skill icons, let yourself be heard in the discussion! So let's get started, shall we?

    Ranger: • Flame Trap: A centaur with a scorpion pincer for a hand.

    Necromancer: • Animate Bone Horror: A seashell. • Deathly Swarm: A head with a tall hat above some skulls. • Mark of Pain: Two people worshipping a giant crystal/ice crystal. • Parasitic Bond: An ammonite fossil.

    Mesmer: • Empathy: A sword floating in the sky with some clouds to the left. • Fragility: Basically just a whole lot of lightning.

    Elementalist: • Earthquake: A cliff seen from below. • Flare: A skull on fire. • Lightning Javelin: An archer with a lightning bow and a lightning arrow. • Obsidian Flame: A person under a black hood on fire. • Teinai's Heat: Two legs on a fiery rock.

    Assassin: • Critical Eye: A face with a giant aim mark for a left eye. • Fox Fangs: A scythe.

    Ritualist: • Shelter: A mostly bald old man with long and wispy hair on the sides.

    submitted by /u/Antares96
    [link] [comments]

    The new Anniversary Strength Spear needs a nerf for PvP

    Posted: 02 May 2020 05:54 AM PDT

    As the new spear's damage scales properly now, with Strength attribute, it is a significan't bonus towards overall damage output for PvE-made warriors. Most PvP warriors use spears for adrenaline gain inbetween attacks, before approaching an enemy or while flail-locked. Now with the new spear it's possible to finish off targets that run off, if you have a PvE Warrior and wield the "Arbalest", that is. (edit: not to mention W/P Spear builds that become significantly stronger with "Arbalest" in certain Fluxes, like the one we have right now).

    Just as in case of the mesmer shield, in order to get the most optimal gear for warrior most players are (yet again) forced to switch to PvE character to gain access to this major bonus.

    Thanks in advance for the fix!

    submitted by /u/b4_l4
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest way to earn extra proofs?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:38 PM PDT

    Hi sub. I was wondering if you knew the fastest way to get proofs without having done the campaigns? My main and only has earned all 20. I want more:) i saw a post from five years ago about lvling a new NF char to 5 then doing chahbek. Claims it takes about 35 min. I found similar possibly faster times doing factions and getting to minister cho by lvl 5/6. I was wondering if this is the fastest way to earn proofs. Or is it faster to just do the main campaigns?

    submitted by /u/CanthanCanadian
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Crashed in EU?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:27 PM PDT

    Market for minis in 2020

    Posted: 02 May 2020 05:16 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, returning player after over 8 years. Ended up starting out by immediately opening up all of the birthday gifts I've accumulated in the time I've been gone and ended up with a fair collection of minis that are undedicated. Is there still a market for trading these? I don't care about making any money off of them, I mostly want to try and finish maxing out my HoM. Only need about 6 more minis of any rarity to max it out

    submitted by /u/DPEclipt
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Dragon Arena!

    Posted: 02 May 2020 10:15 AM PDT

    what is the Max energy you ever achieved?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Dagger JS Monk OwcSA5OTh1OMMMHM0kqiDfAA

    Posted: 02 May 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    [Meme] Herotime

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:34 AM PDT

    Am I stupid for not seeing how to order more than 1 storage pane per transaction on store.guildwars.com?

    Posted: 02 May 2020 09:14 AM PDT

    fresh install disk drive usage spike

    Posted: 02 May 2020 04:14 PM PDT

    hi, is it normal for my disk drive to spike up in usage on a fresh install? i just got to great temple but i have like 2 fps and in task manager in going from 80-97% disk drive usage. i just got a dell 2 in 1 laptop.. core i5 8th gen. 8gb ram 1 tb hdd. it was factory reset yesterday.

    should i wait and just let gw run? reinstall? return laptop?

    id assume this could run a 15 year old game

    submitted by /u/TizFunk
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment