• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 9, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 09, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 09, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 09, 2020

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    [Crimson Club] Took me 4 years to do it, but we're finally here!

    Posted: 08 May 2020 05:23 PM PDT

    I was doing nail art lately and this cam to my mind :D [Art]

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:19 AM PDT

    Open Letter to ArenaNet regarding Server Latency

    Posted: 09 May 2020 01:30 AM PDT

    Meme from u/volivav 's post

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:35 AM PDT

    Lore-wise explanation of 'theme park' design of rebuilt Lion Arch...?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 08:07 AM PDT

    I know it's been a few years ago but I've recently came back to play this game again - and while I liked the wards and surrounding/ward areas in Lion Arch (Which gave me a nice coastal feel, reminded me a lot of Plymouth).

    I can't agree with all the complaints about the central plaza felt empty, and theme-park like with octopus buildings and Dock lobster... I wasn't sure what Anet was thinking while making all of that, the old GW2 LA, though interesting looking was horrendous to navigate around, and can be a bit crowded which made it harder to navigate with a lot of players. - So there's a reason to clean it up a little bit - and a newly built place wouldn't be so crowded anyway, but Seaworld buildings...?

    Then I realised that it is the Consortium who rebuilt LA - a holiday resort estate company who cared about profits than anything else... would totally does that.

    If you have heard about it, There are 'copycat towns' in China, built to be a kitschy mock of famous European tourist spots. Where it'd be no different from living in a theme park town for me, but there are people who would be in for it, and those towns generate enough money for the companies who built them - enough to have these towns popping up again and again. Perhaps looking back to 1950s-60s cookie-cutter American suburbs, and even modern day gentrified developments, it wouldn't look too different too with Consortium take's on Lion Arch. Now a nice and clean place for rich people rather than crowded pirate city that has been organically developed for 250 years. The limited housing means - If you don't have money, go live somewhere else.

    But that's something I tried to come up for LA current design, on Anet and game-development side. I feel like since LS2/HoT, the game started to put much more emphasis on ridiculous looking outfits, skins, funny items and crazy gem-store particle effects items rather than a more subdued skins put out in the early days of GW2 (and early days of GW2 and EotN, compared to GW1 campaigns... also feel more sillier), In-game items included, although I feel like they tried to turn back for a more serious fantasy feel in PoF and onward LS... at least

    submitted by /u/Vethalos
    [link] [comments]

    SAB World 2 Zone 2 Tribulation Speedrun WR 4:30

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:12 AM PDT

    SAB World 2 Zone 1 Tribulation Mode Speedrun WR 5:00

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:11 AM PDT

    If the Goal of the Matchmaker is to create a 50/50 Win Rate, then it is doing a great job.

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    My chrono seeks revenge

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    [WvW] 48 minutes of us [Fail] wiping [ViP] on March. The video has so much humilliation I had to include all the clips.

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:55 AM PDT

    Thoughts on sustain Guardian builds for WvW?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    I was kicking around the idea of working on a sustain Guardian build and was wondering if anyone had tried it out in WvW? Doesn't need to be a base Guard, can use the elite specs too obviously. It seems like the meta is slowly going that way, so I wanted to work on it. The caveat would be this is for small scale roaming and skirmishes, so DPS can't be too low. Any advice is really appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/I_AM_SCUBASTEVE
    [link] [comments]

    Whats a weapon/armor model from another fantasy game that you would like to see used as an inspiration for a new skin in GW2?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:55 AM PDT

    Whats a weapon/armor model from another fantasy game that you would like to see used as an inspiration for a new skin in GW2?

    submitted by /u/Knighthonor
    [link] [comments]

    Learning necromancer

    Posted: 09 May 2020 06:33 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I've filtered in and out of guild wars over the years, being very casual but I'm looking to jump into the game a bit more. Necro was my favourite class from the original game and I'm looking to play it in the here. I have some questions, so looking towards endgame content, I really like the look of it all, especially raids and fractals, my question is how good is the Necro at those game types? After looking at metabattles and snowcrows, it seems like a good class for WvW and PvP and I do look forward to playing those but I don't see too much relevance for Necro in fractals and raids. Anyway, any help will be most appreciated:)

    Cheers, in advance!

    submitted by /u/Zealatch
    [link] [comments]

    "Script" for encountering minor Spirits of the Wild during the ongoing Jormag saga

    Posted: 09 May 2020 05:24 AM PDT

    >Character X points at the incorporeal figure resembling a stag.

    Character X: "This...is a Spirit"

    Pact Commander: "Deer God..."

    Character X: "There's more (of them)."

    Pact Commander: "No..."

    submitted by /u/Dunerot
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a more facetank-y open-world build than dwarf revenant?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:44 AM PDT

    I've been toying around with a new rev and for the first time I actually tried the Dwarf. Well, Vengeful Hammers to be precise.

    As it turns out, the build I am using is very similar to the power rev build: https://www.metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Revenant_-_Power_Sword

    And this is the first time in all my time playing GW2 that I find myself just getting pounded and me taking it like a champ! Just auto-attack with the sword, activate hammers and keep pressing the F2 skill for the 25 energy.

    No dodges, no heals the majority of time and things just ... die. Even if you are chain stunned. I went through the PoF skill points facetanking pretty much everything and now I and mostly doing the same in HoT (blasted vampire!). But I find myself just living through things that I could never previously on my other characters. And that's with full on berserkers.

    So, are there more builds like this? Acceptable outgoing damage and just out-healing the incoming one?

    submitted by /u/thelustyorcmaid
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars: Discovering the Lost World of Cantha

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:08 PM PDT

    Guild Wars: Discovering the Lost World of Cantha

    I recently got back into regularly playing Guild Wars. When I was younger, I definitely sucked at the game, and Factions was a bar that I never was able to get over. Over the last couple weeks I finally finished all of the missions on Normal mode to the chagrin of my younger self. I wrote about the experience in my blog, and provided my feedback on how I felt after beating it, and what I thought about the story.

    Link to My Blog Post!

    Meeting the Emperor after my Great Victory!

    What I also found fascinating was how active the current player base is along with the greater community. Of course some of this is due to COVID-19 and more people being at home, but its interesting to see new players choosing Guild Wars. My thanks to the great Discord community for providing help to my questions, this is a great resource for new players. Personally, I feel like Guild Wars has a lot to offer to new and old players alike. $40 seems like a steal for the huge amount of content that it gives you.

    I am interested to know if others feel the same way regarding the relevancy of the game still. Also, I would love to hear about any stories veteran players have had when interacting with new players. Personally, I will be shamelessly plugging the game in the hopes that I can at least influence a few people to come back and revisit what I still think is a great game with much to offer.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Economical
    [link] [comments]

    Weathered Favor of the Bazaar: still worth anything?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 02:17 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I am kind of returning to GW2 after some years of pause.

    Upon screening my inventory, I discovered, that I own a Weathered Favor of the Bazaar (Link).

    According to the trading post, it seems to have a value of at least 100g, however, the buy/sell spread is pretty significant and both, supply and demand rather low. Also, according to a TP-website, it is not traded a lot and the price seems to decline (ver slowly) (Link).

    Since I haven't played for a very long time, I am not sure, whether the item is still good for anything, or if all of the low TP supply and demand is also just some relics from older times. The latter one would probably mean, that the most lucrative thing, would be, selling it of to the highest buy price ASAP.

    Any help would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/Big_Swimmer
    [link] [comments]

    NUDE's Serpent's Ire Run

    Posted: 08 May 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    NUDE guild is doing Serpent's Ire for achieves. So being the leader I am I have schedule a run at this on Monday May 11th at 8pm eastern (reset) we will start forming up then. I need people specifically people with DPS, and break bar skills. If you need this please come and help out. I'll be in LFG with the [NUDE] tag. All my characters have the last name Vine so just look for me.

    submitted by /u/averagerandomlady
    [link] [comments]

    Chronomancer or Mirage

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:59 AM PDT

    Wich spec does a better job at bursting someone down ??

    submitted by /u/lioni7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment