• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 9, 2020

    Guild Wars Any PvP guilds still active and recruiting?

    Guild Wars Any PvP guilds still active and recruiting?


    Any PvP guilds still active and recruiting?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:57 PM PDT

    I want to join and can commit a fair amount of time to HoH and the like. I've been playing GW1 for about 13 years.

    submitted by /u/sulksized
    [link] [comments]

    Should I play gw1?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 01:28 PM PDT

    I played gw2 from beta and enjoyed it. I stopped playing about half way through the new expansion. I like the general story of the game and mechanics but I find it to be lacking in diversity and it seems quite simple. Not much option for min maxing or variety in builds.

    From what I have read and heard gw1 is vastly different to the 2nd.

    submitted by /u/Nelfdk1991
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone able to use Texmod with wine?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    I use PlayOnLinux and sometimes directly Wine on OSX to run Guild Wars but what I would really love is to use Texmod, or even GWMultilaunch.
    Has anyone been able to do that? If so could you explain me how you managed to do that (without running an entire Windows VM ofc)

    submitted by /u/Zippyddqd
    [link] [comments]

    How do I download PvX builds?

    Posted: 09 May 2020 04:12 AM PDT

    Hi and sorry if this question has been asked before, I have been completely unable to download builds from PvXwiki, or rather that godawful platform box. It just doesn't download at all even if I wait for hours. I tried making an account there but no help.

    So how do you download builds?

    submitted by /u/Atom12
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars: Discovering the Lost World of Cantha

    Posted: 08 May 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Guild Wars: Discovering the Lost World of Cantha

    I recently got back into regularly playing Guild Wars. When I was younger, I definitely sucked at the game, and Factions was a bar that I never was able to get over. Over the last couple weeks I finally finished all of the missions on Normal mode to the chagrin of my younger self. I wrote about the experience in my blog, and provided my feedback on how I felt after beating it, and what I thought about the story.

    Link to My Blog Post!

    Meeting the Emperor after my Great Victory!

    What I also found fascinating was how active the current player base is along with the greater community. Of course some of this is due to COVID-19 and more people being at home, but its interesting to see new players choosing Guild Wars. My thanks to the great Discord community for providing help to my questions, this is a great resource for new players. Personally, I feel like Guild Wars has a lot to offer to new and old players alike. $40 seems like a steal for the huge amount of content that it gives you.

    I am interested to know if others feel the same way regarding the relevancy of the game still. Also, I would love to hear about any stories veteran players have had when interacting with new players. Personally, I will be shamelessly plugging the game in the hopes that I can at least influence a few people to come back and revisit what I still think is a great game with much to offer.

    submitted by /u/Mr_Economical
    [link] [comments]

    Any new info on crit scaling with the new weapons?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    I'm trying to figure out how much to commit to my new gimmick build.

    submitted by /u/Radascal
    [link] [comments]

    First unpleasant moment playing GW

    Posted: 08 May 2020 04:42 PM PDT

    Edit: New Title: "First moment of experiencing sadness in GW: Mourning my lost guild"

    When I woke up this morning I went to play, and as usual, I began by opening my friends list and my guild tab to see which of my buddies were online, or what the daily chitchat in the alliance was. To my surprise there was nothing in the guild tab. No guild activity whatsoever. At first I was worried I had been booted for some reason. One of my allies was online on my friends list, he told me my guild wasn't even listed in the alliance anymore. He said no one in the ally knew anything or heard anything. I messaged now ex-guild members and they had been booted too. No explanation. Our guild leader had only been absent for about 5 days, a week max. No one knew why but our guild is no more. We think maybe it was sold. Maybe our leader was hacked. All I know is, I know nothing:(

    I'm very saddened by this, it wasn't the most active guild, but I enjoyed the personalities I had become accustomed to seeing. I absolutely LOVED our cape and it matched my main's armor set to a tee. I loved the clan tag and the way the odd letters looked. I liked the name. Mostly, it was a sense of home and an anchor in a very large game. I only began playing this year for the first time. The first person I ever befriended in the game, and who took me under their wing, was in that guild. They invited me and showed me the ropes. I haven't seen them online since just before the pandemic outbreak (I hope they're ok, just busy not ill), but I made the adjustment to not relying on that person, and I felt like I had actually become a real part of the guild and the alliance, not just the new friend of a member. That is all gone today. I've had a few kind offers to join new guilds, and I can still join one of my ally guilds, I just feel sad that my virtual home and tribe is no more, suddenly. I just came here to process my emotions. Happy hunting and appreciate your guild:')

    submitted by /u/CanthanCanadian
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to do UW and DOA in nm with heroes?

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    Im trying to do UW and DOA in nm with heroes but ive watched a few videos when they clear it but its allways with sos rt or imbagon. Im a necro btw. Anyone has any tips or hero builds that are a must to clear it or make it easier?

    submitted by /u/Mrbunnypaw
    [link] [comments]

    Recently got back into the game and need help figuring out a build I used

    Posted: 08 May 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    Recently got back into the game and need help figuring out a build I used

    Hi,

    so after 10 or so years I got back into playing this game. My Assassin was at Gunnar's Hold and had a couple of Mesmer Tomes on her - that was easy to figure out haha (and Vaettir farming still works after so many years). Yet I also have a Paragon in Gunnar's Hold who I used to get the Survivor's Title on but I for the live of me I can't figure out what build I used nor where I used to farm. Anyone who could push me in the right direction?

    Template Code is: OQGlUJls5deo48WAyPYf8VRFDjFA

    https://preview.redd.it/16jra8l5akx41.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=c50ffca7c5c8a09e4ac5a57de64ad1f624a347e5

    submitted by /u/vegaman1
    [link] [comments]

    Farming for scales

    Posted: 08 May 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Can anyone recommend a good Factions location for farming scales and/or dropped items that can be salvaged for scales? I'm doing hard mode and farming the Naga in Haiju Lagoon right now, but it's proving to be a bit less productive than I'd hoped. I'm getting 3 scales per Naga Hide and averaging 1 or 2 hides per run. Any ideas would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Kenster9999
    [link] [comments]

    [HM] When Kappa Attack

    Posted: 08 May 2020 11:32 AM PDT

    I have Necromancer main. For the longest time, I have been trying to complete this quest on HM with 7 non-mercenary heroes. All of the builds and strategies I have attempted have failed. Is there a recommended build I can run on myself & heroes to ensure I can complete this quest. No Cons available.

    Edit: I usually run 3 Necros, 2 Monks, 2 Rits.

    Will add screenshot of my build & that of heroes.

    submitted by /u/hvyas1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment