• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 16, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 16, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 16, 2020


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - May 16, 2020

    Posted: 16 May 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Our oldest characters are turning 8 in a few months, and I dug up the first screenshot I ever took to compare.

    Posted: 15 May 2020 09:51 PM PDT

    "As a boy, I spent much time in these lands. Look how beautiful they still are."

    Posted: 15 May 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    It's true, but I'm trying to get back into the swing of things!

    Posted: 16 May 2020 06:36 AM PDT

    Guild Wars 2 on Twitter: "War is coming to Drizzlewood Coast. No Quarter, the next episode of The Icebrood Saga, is live in #GuildWars2 on May 26."

    Posted: 15 May 2020 11:04 AM PDT

    Drew my ranger in a nice outfit I previewed him in

    Posted: 15 May 2020 09:59 PM PDT

    Just found this 2012 holiday thank you card from ArenaNet. Good old times.

    Posted: 16 May 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    [Art] Seraph Griffon: Human griffon mount

    Posted: 16 May 2020 08:28 AM PDT

    Drizzlewood Coast teaser

    Posted: 15 May 2020 10:43 AM PDT

    Why is it so expensive to teleport to waypoints when you're in the maps of the other races?

    Posted: 16 May 2020 08:42 AM PDT

    Title. I'm currently in Kryta, and for some strange reason teleportation to way points cost $$. For background info, I'm a Sylvari. Even when I'm seemingly standing right next to the waypoint, it can cost upwards of 60 bronze. Help me understand this. I can't be spending 1 silver just teleportation to 2 nearby locations.

    submitted by /u/reyx1212
    [link] [comments]

    Free Item in Gem Store 15 May - Communal Bonfire

    Posted: 15 May 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Probably automated a while ago, totally doesn't feel like they are rubbing salt in any wounds.

    submitted by /u/randomguy1337
    [link] [comments]

    [PSA] Reminder that you're able to increase how much you see in GW2

    Posted: 15 May 2020 09:35 AM PDT

    *especially important for PvP and WvW players

    Reminder that you can see more on your screen when you

    • set your UI size to small
    • disable DPI Scaling
    • increase "field of view"
    • adjust the camera to character height (depending on race)
    • increase camera position far
    • increase camera position near

    I personally found this a lot easier to play with as more could be displayed on the screen, but if you want to appreciate the beautiful details of the game or see skills being cast this might not be for you.

    Video on where to change these settings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EWJZkwYBro&lc=UgwwGvcrCvluNZRTpI94AaABAg

    Kind regards,

    Hollts

    submitted by /u/Holololts
    [link] [comments]

    Comic - The Fall - Page 15

    Posted: 16 May 2020 07:30 AM PDT

    Best server for a pve Aussie

    Posted: 16 May 2020 07:26 AM PDT

    Me, my partner, and a friend are about to start playing and we're wondering what server we should join. We are in Australia and are pretty much pve focused, so like doing dungeons and stuff we would need to be on a server that has enough people on when we are to do things.

    submitted by /u/jesskitten07
    [link] [comments]

    Where to start in PvE content (fractals or Strikes)?

    Posted: 16 May 2020 06:07 AM PDT

    I just started playing this game this year and the only focus i had is to get the skyscale. Eventually, after a soul sucking grind, i finally grt it and i enjoyed using it for the most part while completing path of fire and some zone completion. Now i want to start with the PvE content. But my question is, where do i start?

    I am more or less aware on what fractals are, mini dungeons that you can complete and that is where i also can craft the acended gears. But what i have little knowledge of is strikes. From what i learned, they are "mini raids" but other than that thats all i know.

    I need ur guys opinion based on these questions:

    1. Which one is more beginner friendly at first?
    2. What rewards do i typically get? Can i get acended armor in strikes to?
    3. Which one has more people running it? I saw LFG weeks ago for fractals, nothing (unless i just dunno how to public que)

    For reference, i have exotic gear following the builds for metabattle (power soulbeast) with only acended 2 acended tribkets i got from the laurel store. The only thing im missing is to practice the rotation as i was doing off meta weapons on open world

    Any help would be apriceated. Also some bonus questions if you dont mind.

    1. What do i do with the chillis in grothmar valley. Its currently my favorite zone but i dunno what to do with the currency.
    2. Stupid question. But how do you queue up for public and how long to those usually take before getting a team (sorry im konda used to other games wheres its just press and wait)
    3. Im aware of the LWS4 currency buys acended trinkets, but are they the same stats as the ones in laurel? Or do i use laurel for a better items?
    submitted by /u/lazzthethief
    [link] [comments]

    Tarir Wallpaper Engine Desktop Background

    Posted: 15 May 2020 03:57 PM PDT

    I made a wallpaper engine desktop background of Tarir if anyone wanted to use it as well! Enjoy.

    For those who don't know, you can get animated desktop backgrounds with the steam app wallpaper engine. You can search for others as well!

    submitted by /u/_stee
    [link] [comments]

    Please help me fix my Thief

    Posted: 16 May 2020 07:29 AM PDT

    https://gw2efficiency.com/c/Rubberninja

    I played this game when it was first released, and I slowly coasted through the content over the years, now that I'm spending more time at home, I've found myself getting sucked back into the grind, but for the life of me, I have no idea where to go with my thief, I like the idea of making him a Deadeye, but I don't have the Hero points yet, and a few people have told me not to waste my time, but my character isn't even good at being a basic Thief, can I get some help on making this character a good thief?

    submitted by /u/DigitalNinja125
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to achieve stable 30+ FPS in WvW zerg battles?

    Posted: 16 May 2020 05:15 AM PDT

    I have literally every setting on Low. But every single time 2 groups of at least 30 players each are on the screen, my FPS tanks to sub 10, which is pretty much unplayable to me.

    I am using the DX12 patch which barely helped.

    Intel Core i7 7700K @ 4.20GHz

    32GB ram

    Game on an EVO 970Plus SSD

    GTX 1070ti

    Game is in fullscreen, all other applications are closed while playing.

    Are there any hidden tricks to make WvW playable?

    submitted by /u/flummw
    [link] [comments]

    What is *this* jump puzzle?

    Posted: 16 May 2020 07:17 AM PDT

    I'm newish to the game. Every now and then I hear someone asking in map chat 'need tele for JP'

    But I haven't intuitively picked up what jp they mean. Everybody else must know because I don't see anybody ask them 'what JP do you mean?'

    I even decided to show my ignorance and ask what JP they meant. Silence. Okay that's awkward, I feel a bit embarassed ... apparently it's so obvious they won't even give me a response.

    submitted by /u/Willow_rpg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment