• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 16, 2020

    Guild Wars My unconventional way to get through prophecies

    Guild Wars My unconventional way to get through prophecies


    My unconventional way to get through prophecies

    Posted: 15 May 2020 04:28 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'm just getting back into this great game after a decade away. I was a day one player during that sweet moment in time when no one knew anything, and since this sub loves nostalgia I wanted to share the unconventional way I played through Prophecies.

    So I installed the game and chose Mesmer based solely on looks. In pre-searing, I handed in grawl necklaces or whatever for my Krytan suit jacket and dyed it black. I thought I looked suave as hell. I went to post and immediately got to level 11 fighting in the Ascalon arena because everyone said Mesmers dominated in PvP. Monks and eles would pop from one cast of backfire since no one knew what it did. I was unstoppable and I looked good doing it!

    I came to the first mission, the Great Northern Wall, and my PuG got to the end only to die to a swarm of charr. I said f-that, these missions are optional anyways. So I grabbed my buddies Alesia, Mhenlo, and Cynn, and I started walking my way from one outpost to the next. I navigated using some low fidelity map that I think either came in the box or I found on a fan site. It was easy at first, but it quickly devolved into a mad dash from one res shrine to the next at -60% DP.

    It didn't help that I took Warrior secondary. I had read about this badass elite called 'Illusionary Weapons' and it sounded like some X-men thing so I was in. My whole goal was to get to the end of the game, get me that sweet elite, and flurry it in people's faces like Psylocke. I put all my points into tactics for Healing Signet.

    I ended up flopping my way through Ascalon, through Northern Shiverpeaks where I briefly stopped to level up at the Yak's Bend arena, down through Lions Arch and into the jungle. I never did a single mission, still believing them to be optional bullshit like the Great Northern Wall. I had no idea that there was a story. I remember the White Mantle guys were green in one area and then hostile in the next, and I just thought, "Ok, I guess I gotta flop past them too."

    I somehow made it through the entire jungle and ran out of places to go. Someone told me to do the Sanctum Cay mission to advance and I begrudgingly did so. It took a lot of PuGs to beat. The monks screamed at me for being so squishy, but I looked too good in my black suit jacket to look for new armor. I told them it was because I was a caster class and this is how the game is designed.

    The rest is lost to memory, but I did somehow get infused (in my pre-searing gear), got through the desert, and beat my doppelganger which I believed to be the end of the game. I even flopped my way to the Southern Shiverpeaks and captured my coveted Illusionary Weaponry elite (which, as I discovered, sucked). After that, I spent a week positioning myself as a pro resmer in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings.

    As I said, it was a moment in time before everything was known and solved, before wikis, and builds, and metas. I ended up shelving my Mesmer shortly afterwards and moving onto other professions. I've still got him as a mule and I just checked his death count - 2,315 - and man, I wouldn't have it any other way. Guild Wars is a great game.

    submitted by /u/esportzpanda
    [link] [comments]

    RA botters intentional die with 55hp-set and vampiric weapons to lose intentional. Do you think ArenaNet cares if I report the players in the winning team (who obvsly control the bots since they didn't even move in the beginning)

    Posted: 16 May 2020 01:22 AM PDT

    Glint teaser in the Crystal Desert

    Posted: 15 May 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    Looking to update Profession statistics

    Posted: 15 May 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    Hello gamers. I have done some looking and haven't found much of any stats on what is being played this side of the past two decades. i want to keep this pve for now, and I hope it is ok to post this kind of thing provided it hasn't been done recently.

    most played: https://www.strawpoll.me/20067248

    least played: https://www.strawpoll.me/20067287

    Thanks for the info and have a great weekend

    submitted by /u/Mefons
    [link] [comments]

    First time playing with three monitors. The screenshot's from the final G.O.L.E.M. mission cutscene. So cool!

    Posted: 15 May 2020 11:44 AM PDT

    Returning to Guild Wars 1, starting fresh with Prophecies since I never really played this campaign! Never really played Necro either, would love some help with non-minion builds :) Thanks!

    Posted: 15 May 2020 01:27 PM PDT

    this is ancient history, but... ily scw

    Posted: 15 May 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    GWAMM Checklist

    Posted: 15 May 2020 03:53 PM PDT

    I made this checklist to track my GWAMM progress. Seeing the increased activity around GW since the anniversary update made me want to share it. Maybe someone else will find it helpful :D

    Here is the link for the google sheets. Just download and use as you like! https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MzY77b8mvOQJzNCJHxb2tCjTfqO-re3s2T9Cg3DC2s8/edit?usp=sharing

    submitted by /u/Sir_Lambcelot
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars bots are out of control

    Posted: 15 May 2020 08:41 AM PDT

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TLJMoMFiU&feature=youtu.be

    Arenanet doesn't correctly moderate their game, I have been mass reported for defeating bots in Heroes Ascent and actually banned for the amount of mass reports these bots throw out against real players. I had to fight support tooth and nail to get unbanned and missed out on the entire Guild Wars 15th anniversary because of it. Log into any Great Temple of Balthazar district and watch all the mesmers in default pvp gear with random names like "Dhfjg Fgsgh" obviously doing some shady stuff running to the "Isle of the Nameless" banner which does nothing and routing the the bounty reward npc. These bots are so obvious, they aren't even clever enough to have differently dyed gear sets.

    submitted by /u/Blackdesertisameme
    [link] [comments]

    I wanted to Experience the Game in a new way, so I threw together a controller layout and UI to play my new prophecies Character with!

    Posted: 15 May 2020 06:28 AM PDT

    UWSC/Other Speedclears

    Posted: 15 May 2020 02:04 PM PDT

    Hey guys, been back to gw1 since the anniversary event started and I've been looking for a guild/alliance that actively does uwsc, of course I'm down for other speedclears but I would love to find a group of players to focus on relearning all the roles of uwsc. I primarily play during NA timezones/ and on occasion I'll be around during EU.

    If you guys have any recommendations on guilds/allies or if any other returning players would like to start a guild please let me know!

    IGN: Stonewall Dshots

    submitted by /u/55stonewal4
    [link] [comments]

    Flipping Ectos & Rare Crafting Materials [Guild Wars Money Maker]

    Posted: 15 May 2020 11:52 AM PDT

    Druid Concept Build

    Posted: 15 May 2020 05:28 AM PDT

    Druid Concept Build

    Rate my concept build for GW2-inspired Druid in GW.

    Obviously, the build is carried by the new Ranger elite. Its main strength is to provide party wide +10 health regen (that's potentially 20hp healed per party member per *second*).

    Additionally, the Druid drags along two more ghosts: Life provides further party-wide healing and cutting condition duration basically in half on party members. Thanks to Expertise, the binding rituals are affordable for the ranger.

    The pet completes the flavor of the build but is not essential. The build has an open slot for a rezz , a direct heal skill (though it will then need BiP for energy management) or even a PvE only skill, e.g. one of the Vanguard standards.

    This is not meant to be a serious build, but I do wonder if it could work well in the Deep or particularly in Urgoz Warren - where you can provide the EoE - in a BYOB comp.

    I'm currently leveling my Ranger, so I haven't played it yet. I'd love to get some feedback especially if you want to test it.

    Template: OggjctWWITj10gUbVPjTfG0GAA

    https://preview.redd.it/u1bwxgmj7xy41.png?width=616&format=png&auto=webp&s=07a7a1df80eae1525aef2663bdfd67fca818d78b

    submitted by /u/ncryptdntllgnc
    [link] [comments]

    New player advice

    Posted: 15 May 2020 05:02 AM PDT

    Looking to buy the game for the first time. Played a bunch of MMOs (including GW2). This game was a big deal when I was just starting to discover MMOs, and never really got around to it. Was thinking about buying the complete collection.

    I've been looking into the dungeon structure, and is there linear gear progression? Given GW2's loot philosophy, I just wasn't sure. Also, will it be hard for me to find people to play with for dungeons? (I know the game has a merc system, but I assume that isn't really viable for hard modes).

    Any help appreciated is appreciated, and I'm sorry as I'm sure this is the kind of post you normally deal with.

    submitted by /u/maybegwiguess
    [link] [comments]

    Does GW1 Complete Collection ever go on sale?

    Posted: 15 May 2020 08:53 AM PDT

    Today support unfortunately told me that they wouldn't be able to send me a reset password link for my old GW account (have the email, thought I had a character name, no serial code though).

    Does the complete collection ever go on sale? The only computer available to me is a mac, running catalina, so $39 for the game + Crossover ($39) is too steep for me at the moment.

    submitted by /u/msencenb
    [link] [comments]

    Those sad bad feelings when...

    Posted: 15 May 2020 06:00 AM PDT

    Instead of Avatar of Kormir or Ashes of Togo, we got Vow of Freaking Revolution and WTF (weapon of three forges)

    I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed

    but really i'm pretty mad

    submitted by /u/petea_copine
    [link] [comments]

    Where to sell stuff online?

    Posted: 15 May 2020 08:26 AM PDT

    I have like 2 chars full of insc and mods but sitting the whole day in kamadan just for a few platin is quite annoying. I'd like to make a list and post it somewhere ppl find it. I think its not allowed to do in this subreddit so any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Mysthik1337
    [link] [comments]

    Leveling Mesmer help

    Posted: 15 May 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    Hi guys! Came back to the game for nostalgia and reliving it. Decided to go for a Mesmer this time around and would love to get some help regarding my build! Just came out of pre-searing and have a bunch of Mesmer tomes I can use. Any help would be appreciated! If you want to team up and do missions together I'm down too:)

    Loving being back!

    submitted by /u/Sherlcok
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment