• Breaking News

    Monday, April 27, 2020

    Guild Wars relatable

    Guild Wars relatable


    relatable

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:05 PM PDT

    big tru

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:30 AM PDT

    Guild Wars Revival

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 04:03 AM PDT

    Hello, come and join our Guild Wars Revival Facebook group specifically for Guild Wars 1 players. We have already hit almost 350 members in less than 2 weeks! There are no requirements to join, everyone is welcome! This group is used for general chit chat, farming, speedclears, vanquishes, dungeons, builds, gear and trading. It is simply a place for us all to connect and help revive such a underrated game!

    https://www.facebook.com/groups/gwrevival

    submitted by /u/GuildWarsRevival
    [link] [comments]

    That's a strange looking Black bear

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:39 PM PDT

    Finally Arrived!!!

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 12:10 PM PDT

    "death's Arrow" N/R Sacrifice Bow Necro Build

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:47 AM PDT

    Cool roleplay picture for immersion: https://imgur.com/a/atB2dDn

    Build:
    OAJAQbhf10BghhetSYHqi

    https://imgur.com/a/0xNqwT3

    Video of DPS: https://streamable.com/f2zt08

    Master of Damage log: https://imgur.com/a/h5htgvO

    This build actually could do more damage than shown, as your volley can hit a total of 4 targets (master of damage only has 3 targets total)

    The DPS:
    (4x(+19 from Soul Taker + Regular Bow damage + 59 aoe damage + 6 from FW))/(2 second recharge of volley + after cast delay) if using volley

    needleshot does roughly 100~ damage (59 of that being aoe)) every 3/4 second + bow attack delay if target <50% hp.

    Unfortunately Tripleshot only counts as 1 attack for the sacrifice procs, but it still does considerable damage due to the +bow buffs. I think this could be replaced by "I am the strongest" or the charr ward of + damage

    The good part about this build is most of the damage comes from the +59 aoe which is armor ignoring, and that part does damage regardless if the arrow hits.

    Team build ideas:

    You need a lot of heals to compensate for the health loss, I suggest using a UA monk since it's good for heals + instant full hp/energy resses

    Splinter Weapon Rit as that would be nuts

    N/MO Aura of faith protection for aof + heals and cover enchantments so you don't get stripped and do nothing

    The other idea with this elite skill is to run N/A or N/D with the dagger chain combo / Scythe with Eremite's attack for the same concept of "wanting to attack fast + aoe attack for maximum dark aura procs". Bonus of melee necro is strength of honor hero. But this build actually does pretty great DPS considering bows have been garbage in this game for years outside a few niche dungeons, and +59 armor ignoring dark aura aoe > +22 slashing damage from vow of strength. I'm excited to see what other build combos exist with new elite skills!

    Edit: Playing around with the N/A: https://streamable.com/5n39dd
    Better single target but worse aoe

    submitted by /u/Be_Kind_To_Strangers
    [link] [comments]

    My Guild Wars Experience

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:04 PM PDT

    First off, I want to say my reason for this post is to share my love for this game. After an 8 year hiatus, I felt this itch to play again after watching wooden potatoes video about Cantha. The reason being that Cantha was my first campaign which means it holds even a more special place in my heart than other Campaigns.Now, I've played WoW, GW, GW2, SWTOR, and countless other games but most of them after a few days or weeks would burn me out. I think both Anet games have at least kept my attention for months to years of playing. Yet, my story starts me buying WoW with the burning crusade expansion somewhere in the spring or summer of 2007 ish right before EtoN. I was excited because I played and loved WC3. I played countless LAN party games with friends who got me into gaming in the first place. So, I knew the Warcraft title and WoW sounded amazing to me. Yet, as a teenager who can't afford 15 dollars a month. I had to choose a different option. I went into back isle looking at games feeling like I wasn't going get game that excited me like the idea of WoW.

    Then, I came across this very cool Assassin covered game called Guild Wars Factions. After that, the only thing I remember about this moment is trying to make sure I didn't have to sub to the game because my little heart couldn't take not being able to play a cool looking game.Now, I install and load the game waiting to play. What is the first profession I role? you guessed it. A Monk. Now, I didn't understand much about the holy trinity aspect at all. So, I just thought the monk looked badass and I wanted to play as that profession. I know I struggled a lot trying to get my smite monk to work.

    Also, I didn't really know about getting elite skills, etc. at this time either. So, I probably wiped a lot. I think after that I probably made every other class and deleted them too because I didn't know what my play style was at the time. I just remember is I stuck with the Assassin as it ended up being my first character to reach Lvl 20 and Kaineng Center. Oddly, I played it quite casually until I met a friend in real who happen to play it too which means EtoN has released by now. As a person who was shy and quiet. Having a friend in person that liked the game too was the coolest thing ever. I remember, getting on playing with her and being like WTF when I saw heroes. I didn't know much about Proph or NF other than I couldn't select them. So, seeing heroes was amazing and she kept trying to help get them which I didn't understand why I couldn't because I only owned Factions. It's weird because I think I bought EtoN and played with her on that expansion still not really knowing or understanding builds at this time. Yet, after a while, I just stopped playing online. Nothing to do with the game just life happened.

    2011, I think I saw an announcement about GW2. Yet, no information what so ever. I remember wanting to play GW again and I heard this thing about HoM and rewards you unlocked for GW2. So, I was hooked in playing again. I think I finally finished Factions after stopping around Kurz/Lux part the story. Then, I bought prophecies and tried to do max in pre-searing. I think I almost quit after that because I was going to pull my hair out because it is basically grinding which I hated. Yet, luckily I went on that quest with people who I ended up joining their guild that truly got me to love the game. Still not understanding a lot about skill nuisances I definitely had a better understanding this time around. I think I played up until GW2 launch. My guild was going to play GW2 and I wanted to join them.

    I think the issue with GW2 for me was that the core GW guild I played with stopped playing GW2. So, it was like the part that kept me playing the game at this 50/50 passion because it didn't feel like GW1 was the nail in the coffin to not care to log in during updates and other things. So, 8 years later and a lot of different styles of gameplay experience from mini RPG games to MTG. I jump back into GW and was instantly in love again. I did sort of the Iron man thing trying to make a new Lvl 1 faction character... more than one character now. The things I didn't like about the game didn't bother me anymore. I simply haven't sat down and played a game for more than 3+ hours in years and here I was on my butt for over 3 hours like it's the best game released in 2020. After joining an active guild has definitely helped with that experience too.

    I think my only thought I have while I play the game is how awesome I would see a modernized version of this game with all the core things that were great about it but having that extra technology to add depth in the correct way that kept GW magic but enhances. If that is graphics, mechanics, and/or a lot of cleaning up of other things. I think people would love a modern GW style game. I think it's part reason why I felt 50/50 about GW2 because I felt like it stripped away too much of what made Guild Wars the game GW players loved.

    submitted by /u/TheBloodyyui
    [link] [comments]

    Any PvE guilds accepting new members? (nightfall)

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:01 PM PDT

    Returning after about 15 years, I played it at launch, loved prophecies, but never got too far in the other campaigns. Got pulled away by FFXI but I'm done with that, so I'm back to GW. Would love to join an active guild and make some new friends!

    submitted by /u/omeglegrr
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if any of these new weapons are actually useful?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 11:45 PM PDT

    I have been grinding proofs but have yet to find anything about their utility or good builds so its making me wonder if i am just wasting my time.

    submitted by /u/Weeksay
    [link] [comments]

    Builds With Soul Taker and Sufferer?

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Obviously I don't expect it to be amazing or anything but what are everyone's ideas? What kind of inscription should I be using with this weapon?

    The only build I've seen so far is this one on Pvxwiki

    Has anyone else found some success with these 2?

    submitted by /u/OhMilla
    [link] [comments]

    Does the kamadan chat website still work?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 01:18 AM PDT

    https://kamadan.decltype.org/ talking about this one. All chats are from 4 months ago

    I also want to sell an unded zhed shadowhoof hit me up bois

    submitted by /u/yakufisch1
    [link] [comments]

    Are there guilds that help with legendary defender of ascalon?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2020 12:59 AM PDT

    Title purdy much!

    submitted by /u/thefinalturnip
    [link] [comments]

    A/R Build - Critical Arrows Interrupter

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:17 PM PDT

    With the new anniversary weapon being a short bow that uses critical strikes as a req, I was thinking of ways to make an assassin/ranger build.

    By using the Disrupting Arrow preparation and Critical Strikes skills Critical Eye and Way of the Master, and Sunspear skill Critical Agility you can essentially shut down a singular enemy.

    I was looking for community thoughts on the start of this build, I have not even found a good elite skill for this yet. If barrage did not remove all preparations beforehand it would be perfect. Alas, that is not the case. Other thoughts? We probably have one more skill group we can add like Beast Mastery to this. I have also thought if you put 9 in marksmanship, its not like the new bow gains you anything as you met the req. for regular bows.

    I am concerned this is a lot of prep moves that cost a lot of energy, energy an assassin does not really have. The critical strikes energy gain is what I am hoping makes up for this.

    Edit: You could also add the basic dagger spam attack chain and simply switch weapons for damage or interrupt. You could also add a shadow step for easy enemy transportation.

    submitted by /u/ninetimesoutaten
    [link] [comments]

    Guild Wars Wiki

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Just curious when some new builds for the anniversary elites will start going up on the guild wars wiki in the PVE builds section? Or does anyone know maybe there is already a section set aside on the wiki for builds using the new skills that I'm not aware of? Really want to look into Scythe/Dagger builds for the new necro elite.

    Builds can be found here: https://gwpvx.gamepedia.com/Category:Trial_Builds

    submitted by /u/PizzaDlvBoy
    [link] [comments]

    How to get money as a noob

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Question in title. I'm a noob so I can't do anything too difficult. Id also prefer to avoid having to go sell items via chat if I can, it's just not really my style. As of now I've just been identifying and selling drops, but I just capped a couple of characters and armor feels so expensive to me. Any advice as to how I can farm up the money without a good build?

    Thanks for the help in advance!

    submitted by /u/PizzaDlvBoy
    [link] [comments]

    TPF Mod Request: Traveler Items

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    I looked around and it doesn't seem like this TPF for TexMod/uMod exists yet, and I think it would be useful if anyone here messes with those programs.

    The idea is pretty simple, replace the icon of every item Nicholas the Traveler wants with a singular icon that stands out, like a rainbow star or something. Anything that designates that they are important.

    This would be nice because it means new / casual players can know to keep items for Nicholas over time (or sell them to other players during his week) rather than accidentally sell stuff to a Merchant or whatever.

    I'm assuming this is possible.

    submitted by /u/underpaidgamedev
    [link] [comments]

    Alcohol/Post Processing Bug

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 06:49 PM PDT

    Has anybody had any issues with alcohol effects displaying on screen while post processing is disabled?

    For whatever reason, since the update, I keep seeing alcohol distort, warp, and blur the screen even while my post processing is disabled.

    It's very frustrating and I would appreciate the insight of anybody else who has a solution or are dealing with the problem themselves.

    submitted by /u/Europa_052
    [link] [comments]

    Paragon or Mesmer

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:13 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, which one is more pertinent in speed clears? I was going to start a new campaign to ultimately have another SC toon but wasn't sure which one is more useful in clears. I feel as if Mesmer is? Any input would be great! I'm currently running UWsc and FoWsc but going to start dabbling into soosc and other higher end speed clears for better gear

    submitted by /u/MulletMachine1
    [link] [comments]

    Play GW on IPad Pro

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 10:12 AM PDT

    Hi there. Has anyone found a way to play this great game on an IPad Pro or other Tablet? I have seen some programs that allow for streaming games via PC to tablet and am curious if there are other options out there.

    Has anyone had any experience playing GW on an IPad? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jtarr1848
    [link] [comments]

    GW1-GW2 Cantha crossover potential

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    I was thinking while playing last night — the next GW2 expansion has been confirmed to be Cantha. We just got our first content update in GW1 in many years meaning there are devs that can work on GW1 and they remember the game exists. It's unlikely, but since GW1 is the only place we've seen Cantha could there be a possible crossover to celebrate the expansion in GW2 and introduce people who never played the first game? Whether new content or just a new event in GW1, it would be cool to have incentives for GW2 players to visit the old Cantha! Maybe offer a special mount in GW2 or something. They're charging $20 for some mounts anyway, so I'm sure plenty of people would spend $20 on a whole game and get the mount as a bonus.

    In addition, the entire factions campaign can be done in a day or two, so it's a very accessible crossover even for first time GW1 players.

    Long live Guild Wars!

    submitted by /u/windfireandice
    [link] [comments]

    The game alt-tabs for a second whenever I'm on a loading screen

    Posted: 26 Apr 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    This issue keeps happening to me, even on my new computer. It's quite annoying because not only does it cause loading times to be longer, it also affects ReShade in a way that it has to load itself up all over again whenever this happens.

    Does anyone knwo of a fix?

    submitted by /u/Maulclaw
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment