• Breaking News

    Monday, February 3, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 This is fine.

    Guild Wars 2 This is fine.


    This is fine.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 05:17 AM PST

    Player Damage Against World Bosses or "Drakkar is super tanky and not pulling your weight in the fight makes it more likely to fail"

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 09:25 PM PST

    I posted this already in this thread, but I wanted to repost it for visibility

    For those who don't want to read it, the situation is a group of 40 players, 4 of whom are vastly outdamaging the other 36.

    THIS IS STILL VERY MUCH THEORETICAL AND ACTUAL IN-GAME EXPERIENCE WILL VARY GREATLY

    "You know what, let's do some math. Arena Net have said before that the "hardcore" players do 10x as much damage as the "casual" players. Let's say our hardcore players are hitting a DPS benchmark of 30K on Drakkar (I have no idea if this is realistic but that's not important). That means the casual players are, on average, doing 3K DPS each. Now let's use your squad of 40.

    4 hardcore players doing 30K DPS each is 120,000 DPS combined.

    36 casual players doing 3K DPS each is 108,000 DPS combined.

    That Means that 4 players, just 10% of our sample size, are doing 52.6% of all damage just between the 4 of them, and the rest of the group, the other 90% of players, are doing 47.4% across NINE times as many people.

    So yeah, you're right. If you and those other three players did not show up to the fight, that means that the damage output on Drakkar would more than HALVE. Just because 4 people didn't show up to the fight, and there's no way Drakkar's health will scale appropriately to make up for the damage loss.

    I can see why this would be anxiety inducing.

    EDIT: Let's do some more here. Drakkar takes roughly 25 minutes to kill. The total DPS of a group of 40 players in this scenario is 228,000.

    228,000 x 60 x 25 = 342 million health.

    You 4 would do 179,892,000 damage combined, or 44,973,000 damage each. The other 36 combined are doing 162,108,000 damage or 4,503,000 damage each.

    let's remove you 4 from the equation and keep these damage values. If these same 36 players did the same amount of damage and did damage every second of the 30 minutes it takes to fight Drakkar and sustained this damage, they would only ever remove 57% of his health before failing the event.

    That's how impactful knowing basic rotations and doing high damage is."

    I don't think we need anymore math to show how just a few players getting the rhythm of their class down would drastically increase their chances of succeeding in group content like this.

    TLDR: Drakkar has a lot of health and upscales because of large player groups, so if players are just autoattacking and doing low damage then they are more likely to fail (also it stresses out the players actually carrying the fight).

    submitted by /u/TannenFalconwing
    [link] [comments]

    Who else remember the remade Tequatl back in the day? And the massacres that followed...

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:38 PM PST

    This is a bit of a thinking emoji

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 12:21 PM PST

    That's one freaky glitch

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:00 AM PST

    We need more hairstyles!!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:38 PM PST

    It has been too long since we have gotten new hairstyles! I'd love to deck out my toons with new hair or make new cosplay characters! Please ANet!! :D

    submitted by /u/Nom-owo
    [link] [comments]

    Can we at least be murdered if the meta fails?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 02:04 PM PST

    It felt kinda awkward that we fought this thing for 30 minutes, failed to kill it in time then after a life and death struggle he just sorta goes away.

    I was really hoping it would eat us, or breath ice on us, make the roof cave in, or at least just hit us for 999k to prove it won. But nope Drakar just jolly well buggers off into the ice and you're left standing there scratching your head.

    submitted by /u/Sockular
    [link] [comments]

    The Commander And A Word

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 10:47 PM PST

    Shadow in the Ice [LW Saga ep2] Norn guide spirits, I love the racial unique stuff!! Had to re-roll the ep2 4 times with different Norn characters. 100% worth it! Similar to PoF Blessed Kormir & Balthazar Humans or HoT Sylvari characters or even Prolouge Saga for Charr (specially Blood) characters!

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    What Did I Stumble Upon? (noob player)

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 08:28 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/9SRGMFb.jpg

    Hello, before I get to my question.

    I'm new to Guild Wars 2 and playing it in China, which leads me to translating a lot of stuff to English. The game is pretty straight forward and lots of fun. Since I'm not playing it in English, I chose a class that is traditionally an "easier" one in MMOs (a shooter with a pet class). Seems I chose the right class for now. Anyways I've had no issues with the game and I'm going to have my 4th zone completed to 100% today. I'm in no rush to hit 80 or experience anything else, so I'm just slowly enjoying completing stuff too 100% (I'm the boring monotonous grinder/farmer type of person in MMOs). The game over here seems somewhat populated and not really dead. If I keep enjoying it and there's a sizable amount of people, I plan on buying it. I've made friends already. As I write this, I hit level 30 last night and I've made 14 gold. Those are really the only two things I have to measure.

    My question is, why did a low level zone quest suck me into here!? I was doing another random orange pop-up event and it sucked me into this zone. At first I didn't realize it scaled me up to level 80 and I just decided to fight the thing, since I've fought everything I've encountered. What is it? I didn't know what his mechanics were so I panicked at the 75% mark then quickly figured it out. It took me about 25 or 30 minutes to get him to 25%, when a 2nd person finally showed up. Was soloing him that long a feat, or no big deal? I feel like this is supposed to be a large group project, lol.

    Are these common? If so, what's the procedure for getting a group? Do you type in /shout that you found a boss or event? (pardon me if it's not /shout in this game, because mine is in Chinese and I just call it shout).

    This is my first created post on reddit. I've just lurked it for years, but felt the need to inquire after encountering. All my in-game friends are noobs too and don't know what they're doing either.

    submitted by /u/Snowenne_Bonechewer
    [link] [comments]

    What are the prettiest areas in GW2?

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:45 PM PST

    I want to take my SO on a date in-game because we haven't had a chance to go on vacation in a long time. I'd like to take them on a tour of some of Tyria's most beautiful destinations. If you could include the text code for the POI or waypoint, that would be very helpful, but I'd appreciate any tips!

    (Mods, please let me know if this is more appropriate in the weekly question threads.)

    submitted by /u/faitswulff
    [link] [comments]

    What about Canach?

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 02:34 AM PST

    Is there anybody out there that knows what happened to Canach? The last time I saw him was in the last episode of LW 4 but he didnt even talk there. Now he`s gone and the rest of the group is like "Who is Canach? Never seen someone like him" Where is my favourite, sarcastic Sylvari?

    submitted by /u/Thanks_Naitsir
    [link] [comments]

    Damn Drak, you're HUGE

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:28 AM PST

    It will never be meta no matter what they do, but I desperately want this to be a thing.

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 11:20 AM PST

    Necromancer Staff Marks

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 03:37 PM PST

    Is it just me or are the mark (staff) skills for necromancer effective on inanimate objects now? I didn't see any changes in the patch notes. Can someone confirm?

    submitted by /u/homolodic
    [link] [comments]

    Most desired endgame group class

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:49 AM PST

    I have just purchased the PoF expansion and I have a free level 80 boost I wanna use. I would like to put it on whatever class would be the most helpful/desired class for endgame PvE. I don't really plan on using it til I know more about the game, I mostly wanna be able to use the mount as I level up a fresh character.

    submitted by /u/AbsoluteTrash88
    [link] [comments]

    Insane long loading times

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 07:28 AM PST

    I always had loading times between 7 and 15 seconds (game is installed on a SSD), but since the Lunar New Year patch on January 14th i have insane long loading times, a lot of the time it's loading over 60 seconds...

    So is this happening to anyone else since that patch?

    submitted by /u/tennoke
    [link] [comments]

    Taimis Repair of the broken waypoints

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 04:29 AM PST

    Hello,

    way back some years (right before HoT-release) Taimi developed a machine to repair the broken waypoints like in Brisbane, that were destroyed by Mordremoth and his twines. Will she ever be successful with that, as we are playing in a living world scenario? Or did she just fail and we never will hear a word about it?

    Kleps

    submitted by /u/Klepshydra
    [link] [comments]

    100 000 Divine Lucky Envelopes at 969% MF

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:53 AM PST

    Welp, 100k in one go, took tad over 4h.

     

    Thanks to everyone who helped, especially Tyu and Greaka for final push! Still buying envelopes though, so no worries.

     

    Video-y proof (didn't bother cutting SW out, just sped all up)

    Spreadsheet for the 969% MF values

     

    They should make drooburt into a vendor...

     

    Loot at 969% MF:

    Item name Item count
    Golden Rat Figurine 104398
    Ornamental Golden Trophy 5298
    Lucky Rat Lantern 2080
    Lucky Great Rat Lantern 205
    Lucky Draketail 70192
    Lucky Guild Firework 19222
    Lucky Prismatic Rocket 19120
    Visage of the Gread Rat Firework 8548
    Fried Golden Dumpling 8717
    Spring Roll 8843
    Steamed Red Dumpling 8843
    Sweet Bean Bun 8540
    Essence of Luck (fine) 234015
    Essence of Luck (masterwork) 78975
    Essence of Luck (rare) 86781
    Essence of Luck (exotic) 35182
    Essence of Luck (legendary) 3023
    Mini Festive Lantern 2105
    Superior Rune of Fireworks 2126

    So that's 1.3988g per envelope in trophies. Neat.

    submitted by /u/sutgon
    [link] [comments]

    Nike!'s meta event build playlist

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 06:17 AM PST

    In lights of the new world boss I like to remind everyone that Nike! made a Meta Event Build Playlist.

    These very well explained builds lean towards hybrid builds as they focus on high personal dps while buffing yourself and players around you as much as your profession allows.

    The Drakkar meta event ends very often close to a minute of remaining time or even fails because people deal very low dps while not buffing anyone. Using these builds will multiply the group dps by a lot and therefore enable way faster Drakkar kills. Understanding these builds will also generally improve your overall perfomance in the game as buffing is an essential part of the combat experience.

    Heavy

    Medium

    Light

    Important boons for more damage are:

    • Might: Increased outgoing damage

    • Fury: Critical Chance increased by 20%

    • Quickness: Skills and actions are faster.

    • Alacrity: Skills recharge faster.

    Important profession abilities for more damage are:

    • Frost Spirit: +5% damage

    • Spotter: +100 precision

    • Banner of Strength: +100 power and condition power

    • Banner of Discipline: +100 precision and ferocity

    • Empower Allies: +100 power

    submitted by /u/Zosin
    [link] [comments]

    Look at this goofy thing.

    Posted: 03 Feb 2020 08:02 AM PST

    PvP. PvE and WvW Meta

    Posted: 02 Feb 2020 07:25 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment