• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 I just want my Obsidian Shards

    Guild Wars 2 I just want my Obsidian Shards


    I just want my Obsidian Shards

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 04:52 AM PST

    PSA : glyph of reaping is back to the gemstore, best glyph : gather from all nodes within 900 units ! (skyscale hatchling harvesting tool). Here is the effect :

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:02 AM PST

    Moving forward

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 06:03 PM PST

    For reasons I'll soon explain, I feel like sharing a few things.

    I've been playing for a little over 6 years ( I believe about 6y 4m? ) often between 7 - 10 hours a day for the first few, but have since cut it down to 2 - 4 on weekdays, 4 - 8 on weekends.

    Due to a variety of personal problems; social, mental, physical, family, etc., GW2 has helped me immensely by allowing me to get some of the things I don't get much of in the real world. Friendship, compassion and stress relief in general are some of the things that made it addicting for me, especially in the beginning when life was at it's worst.

    I'm still struggling with a lot of things that I'm not entirely sure how to handle, but so long as I push on, I'm sure solutions will present themselves. Things such as therapy, school and job progression have helped to improve myself and my condition(s), and are some of the solutions I've benefited from along the way.

    I still very much enjoy my time with GW2, especially thanks to some of the people that make it a pleasure to be a part of. I don't at all mind "the state of the game" despite the doom and gloom that has been surrounding it, because it still provides me with comfort.

    With that said, it is very clear I also had/have an addiction to escaping reality. I made a similar post some years ago, but want to remind those in a similar place to myself; everything in moderation. It's okay to game to relax. It's okay if you want to spend your weekend(s) doing it. But don't let it be the place you go to escape yourself or it will become the place you forget yourself, too. Always be moving forward, even if it's only one step at a time... Even if it's a step back sometimes, as long as you learn from it. You're never too old to grow or to improve.

    If you need to reach out, do it. There are always people willing to help. You are never alone no matter how far away every one might feel.

    This isn't a suicide prevention thread, I just want to remind people, particularly the people who sink hours and hours a day in to GW2 ( or games in general ) that happiness is not a place. It's a decision. And the sooner you motivate yourself to crush what ever obstacles are holding you back, the sooner your spare time playing video games can become a buoyancy in your ocean instead of an anchor. The thing that's there to alleviate stress rather than to push it away.

    I'm slowly moving forward... It's been over 7 years since I hit my lowest low. And a little over 6 since I found something that kept me wanting to wake up every day. It might sound stupid to some, but this game saved my life. The people in it did, really. And the game and people I enjoy have been there for me through it all.

    I thank ANet for this wonderful world I've lost myself in so many times, and I thank those of you who populate it for bringing it to life. I hope 2020 is a year of achievement and happiness for all of you.

    submitted by /u/CoconutRacecar
    [link] [comments]

    Anet/NCSoft West Marketing positions up for grabs

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:16 PM PST

    The team that brought you delights such as "AAAAHHHHHH!", "Quiznos", and "Kung Fu Tea" is looking to fill multiple openings in management.

    Enjoy benefits such as 401k, FREE on-site gym, FREE snacks, and a relaxed dress code! Apply today!

    submitted by /u/NattoGW2
    [link] [comments]

    Slippery Slope would have made it even better back then

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 07:59 AM PST

    What Happened to Guild Wars 2 in 2019?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 03:58 AM PST

    The hardest pillars to fly through

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:16 PM PST

    Make a New Friend with the Pet Skyscale Whistle – GuildWars2.com

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 09:08 AM PST

    GW2 Necro Reaper WvW Roaming 2020

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Automated Tournaments give no rewards, forum threads keep getting deleted, mat gizmo missing

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:09 PM PST

    Automated Tournaments give no rewards, forum threads keep getting deleted, mat gizmo missing

    (Looks like this is only happening on the NA servers, i've talked to the EU people and they have seemingly no issues.)

    Automated Tournaments haven't been giving rewards for good 3 weeks now. The match history doesn't work at all, the games don't get stored. Sometimes one person miraculously will recieve rewards, yet the problem is massive and will kill the tournaments.

    I've personally made at least 5 threads on official forums about this, all of them got deleted and my forum account is banned. I've made support ticket about the issue but it has been ignored for more than a week.

    The biggest joke of all is that Grimjack who has won the last monthly AT hasn't recieved his reward chest and support is refusing to give him his rewards that their flawed system that they refuse to fix didn't give him in the first place. Read more here:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/eha4yz/monthly_at_rewards_bugged_support_refuses_to_help/

    So much talk from devs about things being close to realease ( like swiss that was PROMISED ON OFFICIAL FORUMS TO BE LIVE IN 2017) yet they totally ignore the massive issue with the ATs. Support and devs stay silent, people miss rewards, MAT GIZMO missing 2 weeks after the mat. Quite disgusting behavior that FINALLY has to be brought up and discussed because Anet is doing it's community dirty and refuse to respond.

    Some random images to end this rant with

    https://preview.redd.it/v8922wcpp8941.png?width=327&format=png&auto=webp&s=183b694caf285c50e5efa26ef72aaf89c9b1a51a

    https://preview.redd.it/f3uvuzd8p8941.png?width=394&format=png&auto=webp&s=5e1486282ba77b2e482e8e2768d018b4db78f13f

    submitted by /u/flandre77
    [link] [comments]

    looking for an active 2pm to 8pm server time server for wvw

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 05:23 AM PST

    eu/na it's ok. just let me know. :) thinking of going on a field trip since most of my guild mates don't show up anymore. i feel lonely >3<

    submitted by /u/SovArya
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Living season?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:49 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm recently returning to GW2 after not playing since 2013/14. While I own both expansions from previous return attempts, I own nothing (or little to nothing) to do with the Living World seasons/episodes.

    My guild has let me know that owning them can be quite good, some giving ascended jewelry and some in season 4 giving the mounts (?).

    If I was to put some money in to gems, which episodes would be best to buy and why?

    submitted by /u/eeoohC
    [link] [comments]

    Dancing with the Elements <3

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:50 AM PST

    Getting over 3k ping from EU Authentication Servers for the past week.. wtf is going on?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:29 AM PST

    So one of my accounts is setup under "Region: Europe" This is not the same as the EU servers you play on. The game connects to a login server located over in EU, but plays on NA servers. I've been having trouble doing simple things such as join a party, switch characters, and even seeing if any guild members are online. I am constantly greeted with a pop up message stating

    The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com. (Code=42:0:9001:4467:101) 

    I feel like it's gotten worse as each day goes by...

    Checking a bit further into this.. There's an 86% packet loss at ae-2-3202.ear2.Paris1.Level3.net

    submitted by /u/SaiyanOfDarkness
    [link] [comments]

    Playing my necromancer effectively

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:28 PM PST

    I'm back in the game after years of being away, and decided to roll a necro. Unfortunately, I'm level 41 now and I feel I'm missing something huge/important with shroud. I don't use it, I don't need to, and I'm honesty not sure when it would come in handy. I can survive just fine using my minions and my staff AoE.

    Help me out, what am I missing?

    submitted by /u/b3bblebrox
    [link] [comments]

    Why is right click required to move camera?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:40 AM PST

    This never really bothered me but through out the years I've had many friends not want to play simply because of the right click camera move. We have 10+ skills and not having left and right mouse buttons available for combat does seem counter productive.

    :edit: There is a hidden action camera mode, thanks all! assigning right click would still be cool but can't win em all.

    :edit2: right click can be used with this script, https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6wc0wi/action_camera_and_rebinding_left_and_right_mouse/

    submitted by /u/T3nt4c135
    [link] [comments]

    I think the Silverwastes was the last good map.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 06:44 AM PST

    The Silverwastes had the highest replayability out of all maps in Guild Wars 2 and most content.

    • story instances
    • a wonderful meta event, that was even difficult in the beginning with good loot
    • the labyrinth for even more loot after the meta
    • one of the best and longest jumping puzzles
    • It brought the carapace armor (vendor) and the luminescent armor (achievements) in the game
    • chests (chestfarm)
    • and i personally loved the design, it was consistent and seemed big and not too filled. Just like a battlefield should be

    I've spend more time in the Silverwastes than in all Season 3 and 4 maps combined.

    submitted by /u/Freasz
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have an Idea when the next pvp season will start? Cause I just wanna get the ascension done

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:16 AM PST

    Yeah idk I searched the internet and looked everywhere in the game but couldn't find any information on the upcoming pvp season. Any help? (I haven't been playing pvp for long btw)

    submitted by /u/Beeshx
    [link] [comments]

    Question About Addons

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:56 PM PST

    When I was more active a couple years ago, addons were taboo and generally not allowed, and I was under the impression being caught using any addon was bannable. Then I went on hiatus for about a year. Now that I've started playing again, it appears addons are talked about more publicly. Does ANET allow them now? There are a couple addons I've wanted because I have some motory issues but I have been terrified of having my account banned.

    submitted by /u/wowtiger
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment