• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Guild Wars 2 Came across this lovely fellow while running through Divinity's Reach and needed to take a screen.

    Guild Wars 2 Came across this lovely fellow while running through Divinity's Reach and needed to take a screen.


    Came across this lovely fellow while running through Divinity's Reach and needed to take a screen.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:22 PM PST

    [Art] First try at 3d printing + painting my sylvari elementalist

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:11 AM PST

    Those mesmers on Queensdale

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:58 AM PST

    [Fan stuff] Another Totally Legit Trailer...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:28 PM PST

    The Commander And Routine

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 10:42 PM PST

    It just started snowing in Seattle...

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:42 AM PST

    ...you all know what that means for tomorrow's patch

    old meme

    submitted by /u/Treize_XIII
    [link] [comments]

    [Feeling] Despite that quite a few new players come and check the game out, I find it hard to actually keep most of them stay playing...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:24 PM PST

    So yday I managed to get one of my friend to try out gw2... it took a long time for him to sort out the downloading and high ping issues due to his network, but we finally got to play at reasonable ping in the end.

    Obviously, he's only trying out the game so he's f2p. I really wanted him to stay and play together that I even bought some gems and got a new character slot (my 10th) and made a new character to do map completion with him in queensdale, which is what we did. I even bought all usable weapons and some fairly big bags for him to try out and attempted to make his life easier. We were on voice chat and I carefully explained all UI and game mechanics for him, and how the game can be played if he were to try it out by himself later. We ran together and finished about 70% of the map, and I would say we had some fun in the beginning cause of all the interesting little details, but things became quite plain in the end after two hours, cause even I found out that the only thing we could do is running around and doing map completion without a sense of vertical progression, in a sense that there's not really any exciting loot that he can find as he do the exploration. He asked me when can I get mounts, gliders, or even better gears to make him stronger, or level up to one shot these beginner area mobs. I tried my best to avoid words like 'gears don't matter much in leveling up" or "areas scale your level down so you can't do that." But still, at least the journey to lvl 80 as a f2p player does not really offer any noticeable progression... I guess?

    Yesterday's experience actually reminded me of the first impression video lazypeon made years ago when he tried out gw2 for the first time, and found the game confusing and boring to some extent... I've seen so many new players these days with 100ap running around in queensdale, we had a nice talk and I never see them online again. People always say that gw2 is kinda bad for veterans, but has tons of contents to offer for new players... Does it though? At least I do not really see much attractions in the early stage of f2p players gameplay, which is crucial to whether they stay playing or not...

    TLDR: Is there anything else a f2p low level player can have fun except world exploration?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/penguin082224
    [link] [comments]

    Help with core necro pvp

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:20 AM PST

    I just don't seem to get the damage off that I need no matter what I do I either survive forever in a fight but with little damage or do a lot of damage with a bunch of deaths and I just can't figure out how the build works help understanding would be nice .

    submitted by /u/Reeceious
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any good way to get gold for the griffon?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 08:16 AM PST

    I have been playing GW2 for about a year now, on and off. a few weeks ago, i got really back into it and played through the whole PoF story, and got myself most of the mounts. As i was going along and getting most of them, i found myself stuck at the griffon. Anyway on how i can get some gold to buy the things for the mount? thanks!

    submitted by /u/DarknessCat1
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone remember Visual Wood?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:12 AM PST

    Found a playlist of 365 Visual Wood podkasts made by WoodenPotatoes and MattVisual back in 2013.

    I don't remember there being so many episodes.

    It takes me way back and its kinda interesting to hear old conversations about the game between 2 active players

    submitted by /u/Wolftail18
    [link] [comments]

    Can't progress Knight of the Thorn because of no home instance, I think

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:29 AM PST

    I'm going for Knight of the Thorn now. I spoke to Warden Leide and got the mail from Ridhais asking me to meet in my home. I'm human so I went to Salma district in Divinitys Reach, no Ridhais or green quest marker.

    Do I have to complete all of my personal story to unlock home instance and progress? I'm on chapter 8, so apparently close to finish.

    I tried googling it and found no answers. So I'm asking. What am I doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/LotteNator
    [link] [comments]

    GW2 can be so breathtaking sometimes. The living story is full of perfect moments like this one.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:23 AM PST

    Skyscale or Griffon first?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 12:00 AM PST

    So I see a lot of people riding around on skyscale most of the time.. not sure if it's to flex or what, but they seem a lot cooler (who doesn't want to ride a dragon). I know the griffon can be much faster though.. so what. Btw I don't care about the time to get the mount. I'm used to getting to my goals after awhile instead of a snap of the fingers. It does seem like awhile to get all the stuff for skyscale.. but I really don't mind the time gate if I can ride a dragon around Tyria

    submitted by /u/ArmoredBehemoth
    [link] [comments]

    Miss the game, have concerns/questions.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 01:42 AM PST

    Hey folks I've not been active for awhile, been playing ESO for the story but you and I both know GW2 has the most engaging Open World content.

    So what are people doing for Open World content these days, what are the hot META events?

    Have content patches been dwindling in scope compared to Season 4, I've heard rumors in comments on MassivelyOP?

    I'm getting kind of bored with Reaper is there another Open World build on a different profession that offers comparable survivability with similar damage mitigation mechanics?

    submitted by /u/Mordyjuice
    [link] [comments]

    Just got back into the game after 1 year and trying to farm gold to get the Griffon mount, what should I do?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 07:14 AM PST

    I never considered myself a veteran so I never really maxed out my characters, but I have some Ascended gear pieces. Now that I came back I'm trying to get the Griffon mount but I don't know what should I do to get some gold.

    What would you suggest?

    submitted by /u/NegativeShow
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to follow meta builds and such for endgame?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:39 PM PST

    New to this game, want to experience the endgame but also play what I find fun lol

    submitted by /u/Knight0703
    [link] [comments]

    How To Train Your Griffon

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:15 AM PST

    Probably a silly question, but how do I make friends?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:56 PM PST

    Maybe it's because it's an older game and most people at lower level (I'm 25) are higher level and already know people, but this is the quietest MMO I've played! I've talked to maybe two people. Am I missing something?

    Edit: thanks for all the awesome suggestions! And thanks to the person who said hi in game :)

    submitted by /u/Amonette2012
    [link] [comments]

    ANET Say auto attacking and cast multiple skills does not mean BOT

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:43 AM PST

    Come back after 6 years.

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:31 AM PST

    Hello everyone,
    I started playing GW2 at the release, August 2012 and i have played a lot during 2,5 years. (PvE and PvP, i spent a lot of time to get my legendary weapon, a lot of characters with great stuff, etc.)
    Then i completely stopped.

    I would like to come back to the game, but i won't play a lot, i have a job now, a family etc. But after such a break (nearly 6 years) will i be able to fully understand the evolution of the game ? I don't even know how much the game changed ^^

    (sorry if it's not very understandable, english is not my mother tongue)

    submitted by /u/SilyconCrash
    [link] [comments]

    I pre-ordered New World today because they have 1 feature I'm missing since the release of GW2: Player Housing

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 06:19 AM PST

    F2p questions

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 06:42 PM PST

    is there any point in trying to play endgame pvp as f2p?

    submitted by /u/FarciaFarl
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment