• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 20, 2019

    Guild Wars Armour penetration mechanics

    Guild Wars Armour penetration mechanics


    Armour penetration mechanics

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 02:00 AM PST

    Does any armour penetration go below the base 60 armour? Eg would you deal additional damage against casters (60 AR) with the armour penetration weapon mod? Apparently, cracked armour condition doesn't help against 60 armour.

    Supposedly, cracked armour condition and the armour penetration mod do stack together?

    Does strength attribute's passive effect stack with cracked armour?

    How much armour penetration can you stack? Cracked armour, hornbow, 20% weapon mod, judge's insight all at the same time?

    Anyone mind elaborating?

    submitted by /u/akkahu_albar
    [link] [comments]

    TIL about Gwen-chan, a (cute) cartoon version of Gwen giving tutorials on the (now closed) Japanese Guild Wars website

    Posted: 20 Nov 2019 04:35 AM PST

    RA farming guild needs banning

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 10:07 AM PST

    People still RMT/RWT in this game?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 04:16 PM PST

    I decided to play GW1 like two months ago because a friend of mine told me it was better than GW2 which I had been playing for like three years. Sitting in Kamadan I see a good amount of spam regarding gold selling and items and stuff. Everyone says the game is "dead" I was just curious if people were actually still doing that stuff. I know like almost nothing about gold selling and pretty sure those are bots, so aren't people just wasting their money running the bots if the game isn't as big as it was like a decade ago?

    submitted by /u/Kitsugi
    [link] [comments]

    Finishing up GWAMM

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 08:31 AM PST

    Hey,

    A couple friends and I have decided to go back and finish God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals, both for the fun of it and for the HoM. Titles are pretty much the only thing I am missing from the HoM, and a couple pets/heroes.

    My question is what would be easiest way for me to do it solo and with them.

    What I have from back then:

    1. I have a necro that's done most of the explorable world and is almost set with the 7 Hero BiP Build for caster support, but almost no titles (2 from completing story tracks). Armor and weapon set up is mediocre.

    2. I have an assassin that was almost exclusively used to farm UW, FoW and other permasin farms. This character has 4 titles (the consumable ones like candy/alcohol/party) and is a good ways into the EoTN tracks as you needed those skills for the farms. This character also has multiple weapon and armor sets (filled the HoM with this characters stuff). I don't have many heroes on this one.

    My goal is to set up to be able to solo getting GWAMM but be able to play with my friends when they are on.

    I was thinking about making a derv based on reading it does extremely well on PvE, but I am concerned about how easy it will be to get all the consumable titles again. I remember sinking a lot of gold into buying stacks of them to get those titles.

    Would it be worth starting again on Derv, or should I stick to the assassin or necro? I was finding it difficult to do some HM missions on my necro even with the full 7 hero BiP caster support.

    Edit: forgot to add, both friends and essentially making new characters too

    submitted by /u/deprivedpickle
    [link] [comments]

    Obsidian armor

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 01:46 PM PST

    Hey!

    I was trying to get my first obsidian armor but have been derping around and failing on my way to the vendor. Anyone who would possibly like to tag along or help? Haven't had any luck finding any groups so thought I'd try here.

    Or if anyone has any tips that would work too :) anything is appreciated really ♡

    submitted by /u/Unknownroxas
    [link] [comments]

    Perm Banned after < 2hrs gametime looool

    Posted: 19 Nov 2019 04:47 PM PST

    Perm Banned after < 2hrs gametime looool

    Summary: Got perma banned for VPN use less than 2 hrs after creating an account, reason given was "bot/third party program". Literally got to kamadan after tutorial BS, logged off. Couldnt relog. It was auto-detected ban, obviously. And I do not bot so idk.

    Was not using using texmods, umod, etc. (which you are allowed to use). Was not using GWTB or launchers for this account (which you are allowed to use).

    Went through ticket process. I use protonmail so i cannot reply to emails i got, so this was kinda just an experiment. More specifically, ANET would not be able to read the email replies i write b/c protonmail is stupid. I talk more about protonmail in this post. Although, they are able to see my initial ticket letter. But basically the 2 emails i received from ANET were automated. There may be a point at which they will actually look at your ticket, i do not know.

    I should be either unbanned, or have the reason for my ban changed. Pretty sure VPN use isnt against tos, but their autodetection prolly has the VPN ips flagged because of people who break tos and use the VPN. Note, i was using the vpn from account creation all the way until i found out i was banned. Was also using vpn when submitting support ticket stuff for this account.

    To be fair, it does not make sense from a business standpoint to put resources into GW1. I believe anything ANET does for GW1 is out of goodwill. I didnt mind really that it got banned. This reddit post IS about this throwaway account if you are interested.

    What kinda sucks tho is that recently (like in the past few months) my main since 2007 was wrongly banned, due to auto-detection i suppose. This reddit post is NOT about that, tho.

    -----

    FURTHER INSIGHT FOR WHOEVER IS INTERESTED:

    I think all bans are automated at this point. No1 will help you ban people. You can report them to help the auto-detection, but you gotta know if they are actually botting. And if they are, and get banned, you wont have anyone to play with LOL.

    Unbanning is similar. I know people who were banned, idk if they broke rules or not, and cannot get unbanned. ALTHOUGH I also know people that got banned and have fortunately been unbanned.

    I recently bought an NF key to use as a storage alt. Was falsely banned in less than 2 hours for "use of bot or other third party program". Literally got to Kama after tutorial BS, logged off. Tried to log on a little later but couldnt cuz i was banned. I was not using GW toolbox, umod, texmod, launchers, or bots. I have never botted and never will bot on GW. Not due to ethical reasons, bots literally enable some PVE and SC. I dont PVP so idk about that. I dont bot because idk how to do it with confidence (what bots are up to date and/or "trusted", multilaunching, how to mask IP effectively without getting autobanned, etc.).

    However, i was on a VPN the whole time. Why? Cuz i fuckin can bitch, well prolly not because thats what prolly got me banned loool. I dont think VPN usage is against tos, but that IP was prolly flagged cuz botters use it i guess.

    https://preview.redd.it/0artswpjhqz31.png?width=572&format=png&auto=webp&s=7bed319fe56bdad96c769992abd6954e040a8fe1

    I submitted a ticket for lols. Basically said i had my account for like 2 hrs, no way i could bot, literally auto banned, etc. Submitted through GW2 support btw. Heres the automated response i got in my email:

    https://preview.redd.it/bih6axulhqz31.png?width=966&format=png&auto=webp&s=db61b12c3aab6be33986fa59a2de42b58d7da9bc

    Now i replied via my email like your suppose to. However i used Protonmail for this account so they would not be able to see my message. I didnt know any other email providers that do not require phone number verification so i used protonmail. Mail.com and gmx.com etc. ban me when i use VPN lol. THEREFORE MY REPLY(IES) Were JUST AN EXPERIMENT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS. In my reply, I wrote a similar thing: there is no way i could bot, had account for like 2hrs, please look into this false auto detection, etc.

    PROTONMAIL: So in protonmail their thing is everything encrypted blah blah. I can receive emails fine. When i send emails out, the receiver gets a generic email with a protonmail link that then requires a password to open the email (which i set when writing the email). You can include a "password hint" in the generic email where you can just tell the receiver what the password is. BUT, for security reasons i doubt ANET is going to click a link that takes them to some website where they have to enter a password just to see an email.

    https://preview.redd.it/5atxhapnhqz31.png?width=949&format=png&auto=webp&s=b27f04b13020f1d48755fd6626b1b74c0d382e44

    I sent one more reply after this (they cannot see my email replies cuz i used protonmail.com for this account's email). Protonmail is dumb like that. No response from anet, dont blame them, nothing to reply to cuz protonmail is stupid.

    *** TO BE FAIR TO ANET: GW1 does not really produce any income for ANET. GW2 does produce money. Therefore having resources moved from GW2 to GW1 does not make sense in a business perspective. There is no monthly fee (thankfully i guess) for GW1, so no income. GW1 store/steam probably barely produces income, probably just enough to support the servers. Anything ANET does is really out of good will. **\*

    Idc, ill buy another $10 NF key. But hard for someone to say that when its their main.

    I just wanted to provide some insight into my recent experience.

    submitted by /u/Ernesto_Alexander
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment