• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 9, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 09, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 09, 2019


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 09, 2019

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:07 AM PST

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The regular communication on PvP and WvW is incredibly refreshing

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 11:33 PM PST

    I've been quite impressed with the level of communication recently on the upcoming PvP and WvW changes. They've posted what they want to do, and they follow up with some of the key complaints / concerns.

    Sure you may not agree with the reply, but it is really refreshing to hear "we hear your concerns about X, our logic is Y but we'll keep our eyes on Z." Or, "X was a good point so I talked to Jimbob and we're going to try and do Y instead." And even, "We hear your concern but we're moving forward because we want to see where the meta lands and then adjust," communicates a lot in that, ok sure you might not personally agree with it, but at least we are in the loop and understanding the direction they want to go.

    I really hope PvE devs (whether it's content, raids, story, lore, builds, elite specs, etc) somehow catch up with giving regular updates as well, because I don't even play PvP and WvW but the openness and more consistent communication from these devs renews my interest in the game.

    submitted by /u/Rapturos
    [link] [comments]

    An update to the dye options on Hellfire / Radiant set would be great

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 02:45 AM PST

    These armor sets could really use an update to their dye slots, specifically the glow colors on radiant and flame colors on hellfire, a lot of other armor pieces are in a similar position but I feel like these 2 should have higher priority for those people with really high AP.

    Although a lot of pre-hot gear could use a modernization when it comes to customization.

    submitted by /u/Bragdras
    [link] [comments]

    Raven is one of the norn Spirits of the Wild. Use his power to battle Jormag’s forces through the Mastery system on November 19.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:25 PM PST

    What is your first and fondest memories of WvW?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:24 AM PST

    Quick Background(Read if interested or just go straight to the questions)
    I have been playing this game since launch, not consistently as I am a polygamer. I also play or have played almost all of the different modes/aspects of Gw2. I would consider myself a casual and very much a casual WvWer. I was active in WvW the most back in vanilla and have commanded a few times, although often just as a temp until some of the bigger names came online. I have also always just fought for the fun and pride of my server. Never cared about anything else than painting the map and crushing the enemy. Basically all of my memories are from my time in vanilla has I have not played much WvW in recent years. I play on EU and have represented Far Shiverpeaks since launch, shoutout to Qla(my favorite FSP commander and long gone now).

    Questions:

    What is your first memory in WvW?: My first memory of WvW, must have been from the beta for Gw2. I remember getting into Eternal Battlegrounds not knowing what to do but seeing a battle at Mendon's Gap. So we retook the tower and then shortly after a new horde of enemies was siegeing us so we pushed them back. After that I stayed at the tower and guarded it checking the map several times just fascinated by the whole idea. I sat for like 30-40 mins just keeping my eyes peeled in a tower and I loved it! This is when I fell in love with WvW.

    What is your fondest memory of WvW?: I have a lot of good memories from WvW, epic comebacks, amazing threeway battles, chaotic Stonemist fights, fun duo commanding with my brother, ambushes/traps. But my fondest memory is when during a battle our commander died, putting our zerg in disarray. Our commander wrote to just waypoint out of there cause it was a lost fight and half the zerg was dead. And I remember thinking to myself, "Never surrender!", put on my commander tag and rallied what was left of the zerg to me while frantically writing commands in /say. And we managed to defeat them even though they heavily outnumbered us and had a huge advantage. I then lead my half of the zerg back to our commander and disabled my tag. I have never been so proud before.

    Bonus Answer: I was just reminded and had to put this out as well. One of the most fun things I have done in WvW was an ambush on one of the borderlands(back in vanilla so no desert borderland). We were close to the cliffs by Sunnyhill tower and Faithleap camp. We stood on one of the cliffs and saw an incoming, much larger enemy force. Our commander told us all to put on the Death From Above traits, if possible. (This trait halves your falling damage and often has some sort of offensive effect while landing, and every class has it). We then waited until they came close enough and then we leapt off from the cliff right onto them, catching them completely offguard, we completely massacred them in the chaos. It was one of the most fun and creative things I have been apart of, it was just so cool.

    What are your first and fondest memories in WvW, tell me some war stories!

    submitted by /u/Pro-meister
    [link] [comments]

    some dev clarifications on upcoming changes to falling damage and revival

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 01:23 PM PST

    Broke out of Tangled Depths all the way to border of Auric Basin

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 07:55 AM PST

    Episode 1 - still purple PoF launcher/login screen?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:44 PM PST

    Can't decide between Staff/Hammer or Sword Sword/Hammer or Sword Shield/Hammer for my new Revenant, help!

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 07:37 AM PST

    Played Power Soulbeast Ranger before switching recently. I love glass cannon classes, but I want something that has more survibilty. I play WVW and Arena mostly, and don't care about any other game modes. I also don't want to keep switching weapons for every game mode... I want to master two weapons and two weapons only atm.

    The problem is I can't decide what weapons to use! I ONLY like the following combos:

    • I like staff
    • I like sword & shield
    • I like hammer
    • I like sword & sword

    Here are some more thoughts:

    • I didn't think I would like staff, but I love it. VERY cool weapon... however, I am HORRIBLE with it. I use my Hammer 90% of the time atm. Now, this is probably because I am still pretty fresh and have no idea how to do much dps with the staff, but I'm not sure. I picked staff because my guild leader said staff is incredibly helpful for WVW. I'm in an amazing guild for an amazing server, so I am pretty sure he knows what he is talking about? He says the staff has two of the best CC skills in the game and are very helpful for WVW. He (and others in my guild) say that the only real options atm for pvp is Sword & Sword / Staff for roaming, or Hammer / Staff. Is this true?
    • I LOVE using swords and shields, but they said sword and shield is actually pretty bad for pvp.
    • Sword Sword is great for DPS but only for roaming.
    • I LOVE hammer too, blah!

    Anyways, any help is appreciated. I want to only pick two setups, and master those first. Which should I pick?

    edit: why is this getting downvoted?

    submitted by /u/hailtotheeAthena
    [link] [comments]

    When one Dragon hologram generator is not enough

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 06:28 AM PST

    I liked the Dragon bash festival projector so much that I had to buy it immediately, later on I thought my Kralk was so alone up there in my guild

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BVxFXw3fMs

    and the siamese twins version:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmHlO0j2h7M

    submitted by /u/EVANDERYNE
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a meta build for Scrapper? (PVE)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 06:06 AM PST

    I can't find a meta build on metabattle like I did for my mesmer, druid, necro,etc.

    I do mostly pve content so I'm looking for something that will do great on it. Taking champions, open world, events, dungeons, etc. General pve.

    Can someone give me a hand with this? Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/shinjukuni
    [link] [comments]

    Didn't want to practice my rotations with alacrity anyway...

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:18 PM PST

    Best way to get T6 leather ?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:13 AM PST

    so i need a lot of T6 Cured Leather, and i found 4 ways to get it.

    1- buy raw leather from tp and make it my self

    2- buy Cured from tp

    3- make raw leather through mf and then make it my self

    4- make Cured leather through mf

    by my calculations, 1 and 3 are cheaper than 2 and 4.

    my question is: which is cheaper, 1 or 3 ?

    i know that mf Recipe is random between 10-40, so how much average do i need for it to be better than tp ?

    submitted by /u/B_A_D-T_R_E_E
    [link] [comments]

    What is this weird spirit dragon over Hoelbrak when I'm in Eir's Homestead?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:34 PM PST

    [DRFT] Track Showcase-Bloodstone's Maw

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 09:21 AM PST

    If im on max lvl playing free to play all the way, will i get all my profession masteries once i bought the expansions?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:29 AM PST

    i cant get my profession masteries as a restrictions for f2p users, so im asking will my profession masteries be accessible once i bought the expansions? WHAT IF im max lvl? can i still lvl em up?

    submitted by /u/Tinolicious
    [link] [comments]

    does a list with skins sorted by release date exist? (newest -> oldest)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 06:24 PM PST

    [Request] Kindly Post Screenshots with All 3 Legendary Trinkets(whiteballs) with some infusion n style ideas

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 04:33 AM PST

    About the change to signet of Mercy

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 11:10 PM PST

    The Concentration is great (still wish we had some via a minor trait like everyone else)

    But does anyone else wish they would change the active to where it would place a variation of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Symbol_of_Judgment instead ?

    Depending on the actual scaling they could have the CD be quite a bit lower then 90 seconds and still have it be very useful.

    submitted by /u/ZC321
    [link] [comments]

    Mystic Infusion question

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:19 PM PST

    Has anyone created a mystic infusion by combining:. Ectoplasmic Stone + 3 armor or weapon (Rare or Exotic) ?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/chaderous
    [link] [comments]

    Most painful password reset process in existence.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:53 AM PST

    Why won't they just send an email instead of making me file away a character name and a serial code to a game I probably bought 7 years ago. It takes way too long to get a support response for something that should be automated. This is ridiculous and frustrating. I'd like to play the game today instead of waiting for support who will probably just send me a password reset email without this information anyways.

    submitted by /u/whattheduckass
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment