• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 2, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 02, 2019

    Guild Wars 2 Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 02, 2019


    Weekly /r/GuildWars2 Question Thread - November 02, 2019

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    This thread is dedicated to questions that you've never really felt the need to start a thread for, but would still like to see answered/discussed.

    Resources:

    Please also consider sorting the comments in this thread by "new" so that the newest comments are at the top, since those are most likely to still need answers.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Tried to map some Templates to key combinations I thought I could do well. Guess what happened at Build Template 4

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:22 AM PDT

    I'd like to make something abundantly clear about my feedback, negative though it may be: my issue is not with the programmers, writers, and artists at ANet - it's the perennially incompetent management at ANet that has rotted this entire community to its foundations.

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 12:29 AM PDT

    Poor communication has been a sticking point with ANet for years now, but it has genuinely only gotten worse. It's not the only problematic behavior of ANet as a corporate entity, but it's the first thing they need to fix.

    "Show, don't tell" has been a guiding principle of ANet's marketing since the backlash after HoT... and at every step of the way it has been an abject failure. It's not a philosophy that works when all you have to show is... a few hours of content every 4 months or so. Nothing to show and nothing to tell led to dwindling interest. If ANet had their way, we would never have known about the PoF expansion until it was practically a month away. The leaks gave this community something to look forward to when ANet was silent - we were told, not 'shown', and the community was by-and-large more engaged as a result.

    The core issue there is ANet's fundamental misunderstanding of what 'show, don't tell' actually means. In the context of games, it means you show your audience unreleased features instead of merely assuring them that these features will exist. In no context does it mean what ANet's managing leadership seems to still believe - neither show nor tell until the product is 'ready for release,' then only break your monastic silence by blindsiding your audience with a release they can't anticipate or get excited for because they didn't even know it existed.

    Of course, ANet's communication collapse has not left the other direction of information flow unscathed by managerial incompetence. The official forums - what should be a ground for the collecting of and responding to feedback - is now notorious for being a complete cesspit of power-tripping moderators, overzealous rules, draconian policies, and fundamental hostility towards users with anything but glowing praise for ANet.

    Such an environment is so stifling that it is wholly incompatible with actual feedback and has driven many of the most knowledgeable and passionate players away, sometimes to places like this subreddit... and sometimes altogether.

    Ultimately, ANet's forum moderation existing in such an unhealthy state for so long only really suggests one thing to me - their attitude reflects the attitudes of their managers, and by extension ANet's leadership as a whole: players are the adversary. Their product's ability to create enjoyment has been ignored to squeeze more blood from an adversary that was once supposed go be given joy by the product - the hallmark of a video game dezigned by greedy administrative idiots who can't see past the next financial quarter.

    In February, we found out how a studio of over 300 could take so long to produce so little - ANet's management had directed resources from GW2 into unannounced, unreleased projects that will never see the light of day, leaving their only income source to flounder on a skeleton crew. When the consequences of that monumentally stupid blunder were realized... it was the lower level employees who likely had no say in what projects to focus on who had their lives upended by the incompetence of their leadership.

    So how do we fix it? Well, we don't - ANet needs to. The forums need to be made less hostile to dissent, and that likely means replacing the moderation team there entirely. ANet needs to be more open with what they are working on and more open to feedback - feedback that they can only start actually getting if the forums are less draconian. That might mean allowing the discussion of moderation there, to allow feedback to help fix a deeply broken system. And they already have a perfect example of how communication is done. The recent PvP and WvW balance threads are how you communicate. Players are not your enemy - they care about the project, the game, the world, the characters - through emotional investment alone... probably a lot more than ANet's leadership has so far.

    submitted by /u/InkTide
    [link] [comments]

    You guys KNOW the only changes they’re gonna make to the build templates is adding more max slots and pretend they did us a favor, right?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:31 AM PDT

    We already know thanks to datamining that the max slots for build templates is potentially up to 10 per character. There's exactly 0% chance they're going to actually put in the work to fix the real problems with the build template system.

    When they say they're "considering" solutions all it's going to amount to is raising the max slots because that alleviates one of MANY issues, but again that requires no actual effort on their part. So remember guys, don't accept their lazy solutions as satisfactory. We need to be clear what needs to be done to improve this game until ArenaNet finally listens.

    submitted by /u/LiviRivi
    [link] [comments]

    Anet is currently determining on how to address the feedback

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 04:00 PM PDT

    Support took away my chak infusion and gave me a temporary ban but that's not the problem

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 08:43 AM PDT

    Around two months ago, I bought a Chak infusion from GW2 Exchange. Here's the link to the add and a link to the video of the whole trade.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/GW2Exchange/comments/cq752q/wtb_chak_inufsuion/

    https://youtu.be/j6zYL1TWCxg

    Eight days ago, I received a mail that my password had been changed (no other messages were received), so my first thought was "Okay, I have been hacked". After typing to support for an explanation, I get a reply, that basically states that (although they're not sure) I've been somehow involved in the RMT and upon that suspicion they've logged in under my account and took the item in question (my Chak infusion). They gave me an eighteen-hour ban on top of that.

    So, I send them the same link to the video and a link to the GW2 exchange add to show that I didn't use real money.

    Their response was that the Chak infusion was bought by someone for real money and had been traded until it ended up on my account. So, it's my fault and they won't return anything, because they don't support of game trade.

    Even though I lost 20k gold, at that point I'm fine because it was my fault for trading outside of the game. As a last question to staff I ask: will my account be affected, since I've proved that I didn't break any RMT rules, but still got a temporary ban. To which they respond that my account will still be flagged for RMT because I broke the rules.

    Now, how is that fair? I get 20k gold taken away and my account stays flagged, even though I have a video of the full trade where I didn't use real money.

    What pisses me off is how the situation was dealt with. No mail from them explaining anything, until I contact them, and even after I show them proof that I didn't do anything wrong, they still don't care.

    Honestly, after seven years of playing, it sucks to see support treat its players like this. I don't care about the infusion or even gold. I wasn't going to make a redit post for that matter, but the fact that they will still keep my account flagged, even though i did not do anything wrong is just ridiculous.

    Here is a link to some of the emails.

    https://imgur.com/a/j0GOQt6

    submitted by /u/naaiiim
    [link] [comments]

    With the recent Chak Infusion post let’s not forget that ANet’s absolute refusal to increase the trading cap on the TP regularly opens players up to fraud and RMT scams to simply trade in-game items at their value

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 06:19 PM PDT

    So this kind of thing as always going to at least partially be ANet's fault.

    EDIT: The people who don't believe there should be .000001% dropchance items in the game that some people will never own are wildin. That's just how MMOs work. Literally every one has items like this where the dropprste of the item dictates that 99.99% of players will never have those items. If you think the problem is that items like this exist, or that they shouldn't be that high in price, then you're plain wrong based on the entire history of MMOs. Extreme rarity and collectibility is an aspect of every economy, virtual or non-virtual.

    Clearly 10k Gold is an outdated trading cap.

    submitted by /u/Pwadigy
    [link] [comments]

    Please at least make the build templates purchased account wide

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 01:22 AM PDT

    I don't want to start a fight between veterans and casual players. TBH, as a casual player, I have only 1 character for each profession, and I run only 1 build 99% of the time when I play... While I don't see myself swapping builds often, I do see it a neat and valuable feature.

    The only pain that I can feel after the update is the character bound slots... that's something I feel just insane to believe, same thing as the character bound inventory slots... that should have been changed long time ago. I'd be very happy to unlock all inventory slots and build slots if they're account bound, but when they're character bound, I just don't feel any passion to spend any money on it...

    There's been a lot discussions in this subreddit, I'm not sure if ANET can address all of them. If they cannot, or will not, I do sincerely hope that they can at least make the build slots account bound purchase...

    submitted by /u/Superalazyer
    [link] [comments]

    This is pure gold

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 10:22 AM PDT

    MMO Guild Leaders Survey

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 12:18 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm studying ethology (human behaviour) in Switzerland and making a project on online gaming community, focusing on guild leaders.

    If you are a guild leader could you please support my project by filling-in a short and respectful survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LPCBQV3

    The purpose is to study the jobs, pains and gains of org leaders.

    I will send you the survey report once I have collected responses. The report will render all answers anonymous by grouping answers in themes and making statistics on those.

    You can also forward this link to the guild leaders you know, or simply use our [email template with a single click here](mailto:?subject=MMO%20Guild%20Leaders%20Survey&body=Hi%2C%20there%20is%20an%20interesting%20survey%20on%20%22MMO%20Guild%20Leaders%22%3A%20https%3A%2F%2Fwww.surveymonkey.com%2Fr%2FLRZ32LF%0A%0ACan%20you%20also%20forward%20it%20to%20other%20guild%20leaders%20you%20know%3F%20because%20as%20soon%20as%20they%20collected%20enough%20answers%20they%20will%20send%20us%20the%20report.%0A%0AThanks%20for%20supporting%20this%20survey.).

    Thank you for your participation in my project.

    And please up-vote this post!

    submitted by /u/Meetsch
    [link] [comments]

    Feline Tonic is OP

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:44 AM PDT

    I love to play the game, but the performance of the game is aweful

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    Hi, I love playing GW2, earlier I have played a lot of world of warcraft. I believe that GW2 haw a lot more to offer in most categories, but in performance, it is almost so bad that I can't do anything else on my computer while playing GW2.

    Something I love to do while playing MMORPG is to watch tv shows or movied, but this goes extremely slow when playing GW2.

    It is also horrible when playing around alot of other players, which is generally a real problem for a MMORPG.

    I know a lot of other players have the same problem, and I believe we as players need to let Arena net know that we want them to care more about it.

    Edit: Some guys recomended this: https://github.com/megai2/d912pxy . Works like a charm, no lag but rendering is taking a bit longer.

    Edit 2: The rendering is only the first times after installation. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/fraval13
    [link] [comments]

    Newbie question: Practicing rotations, benchmark %, food and augment values in terms of DPS

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 05:05 AM PDT

    TL;DR: Trying to figure out what theoretical dps my character should be pulling without a 100% optimized setup gear and food/augment-wise.

    Hi! So I am having a few issues with figuring out how much DPS I should be pulling on the kitty golem...

    Not all of my gear exactly matches the snowcrow things (trinkets are laurel-bought instead of dungeon achievement, clothes are exotic instead of ascended, can't really afford the recipe for correct foods and augments), things like this.

    So I am wondering how much this affects the possible output for my character, since I am practicing my rotations on the golem...

    Coming from WoW, I would usually have run a simulation of the character with all of its gear and compared the output with the sim, but that doesn't seem to exist for gw2.

    Can anyone provide some input?

    submitted by /u/minderien
    [link] [comments]

    u/Ephemiel: "it's honestly starting to get a bit sad at this point that almost nothing ANet does with GW2 lately is hitting the mark or even be stable enough to be enjoyed"

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 09:10 AM PDT

    Preface: i don't often post on here, and have in the past become frustrated enough with the game to post that I'm putting down the game for good. This is simply a rant, the subject of which is to just put a few thoughts out there. Apologies if this has been discussed at length, or if it's not terribly well written. It's lunchtime right now so I thought I'd start writing...

    Barring any 'major' scandal on ANet's part, I, as a GW2 player will always support the company throughout their telling of the story of Tyria. The Guild Wars Community is incredibly friendly, passionate and loyal in this regard, and has been this way from the start. Even when I previously considered leaving, I had people message me, suggesting that all I was feeling was burnout, and that I'd thoroughly enjoy returning to Tyria if I give it a break. As Mike O said in a blogpost recently, his most memorable takeaway from Guild Wars 2 was the way new free-to-play players were welcomed into the community by veterans, rather than a backlash that on some level, they'd been anticipating. I personally adore this aspect of the game.

    What's changed since then though? As in the title, it seems even releasing one of the most requested GW2 features ever isn't enough to quell the flames.

    thought: "had build templates been a feature of a new expansion, they wouldn't have had to rush it as they did, and it likely wouldn't have had to be so heavily monetized" Yes, the feature is buggy, and we as players can handle buggy - if the realease of Build and Gear templates hadn't been so piecemeal and such an obvious and desperate attempt at money-grabbing.

    thought: "If they had spoken about or revealed even half of what ended up being in the Icebrood saga release in Grothmar valley, we as players wouldn't have been so offended, that their presentation was ANet's (like for like?) substitute for an expansion."

    It seems that very fundamental decisions regarding simple content release are being entirely overlooked and or completely overestimated. With Mike Z at the helm - who rose through the ranks at ANet as being in charge of QA - it seems even more questionable that such simple decisions are being overlooked.

    I wonder if that "passion" is gone. As Steve Jobs expertly summarised once in an interview:

    "So the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, and they end up running the companies. And the product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products. The product sensibility and the product genius that brought them to that monopolistic position gets rotted out by people running these companies that have no conception of a good product versus a bad product."

    And I feel that to some extent, the people who made Guild Wars 2, just because they wanted to make a cool and fun game, are no longer present or the ones making the decisions, and that the new decisions - even if made with the best intentions, are just not being made from a gamer's perspective, and are being made from a marketing standpoint.

    When it comes down to it, the majority of the poor decisions made recently have been due to poor marketing

    It sounds like I'm ranting at ANet here. I'm not - I'm simply trying to encourage discussion by laying out the facts. Communication has definitely improved at ANet recently, and Mike Z absolutely loves playing the game as well as developing it. Whether NCSoft is calling the shots here, or it's really just a string of bad decisions, there needs to be a fundamental change in the way ArenaNet does things from now on. In today's market there is so much to move on to, and it's not enough to operate the way they have been. Hiding from your mistakes is not a way to communicate.

    2 cents paid. Lunch time is over, thanks for reading. Would love to hear from others about my ramblings!

    submitted by /u/PM_ME_YOUR_MESMER
    [link] [comments]

    Boneskinner is ready

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 07:12 PM PDT

    ArenaNET, if NCSoft is behind all this...

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:29 AM PDT

    blink twice

    submitted by /u/MAD623
    [link] [comments]

    Hmmm

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 12:55 PM PDT

    When was the last time you spend real money in GW2 and for what?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:38 AM PDT

    I'd throw all my student's money at capes with cloth physics back items

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:28 AM PDT

    I'd throw all my student's money at capes with cloth physics back items

    If anyone at Anet is reading this - I have an absolute FETISH for nice looking capes with cloth physics in RPGs. Throw that into GW2 and it will sell better than any other cosmetic you've made so far. I'd kill for Guts' cape :D

    https://preview.redd.it/qm60wmyn9aw31.png?width=1000&format=png&auto=webp&s=7cbf417186e72158496d35adf44e7b44fc60a9a7

    submitted by /u/Entropist7
    [link] [comments]

    We should get build-related unlocks based on campaigns owned

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 07:26 AM PDT

    • Would be a great incentive to get PoF

    • Baseline equipment template could potentially be 3 (Core, HoT, PoF)

    • Baseline build templates should start at 1 and 1 per campaign unlocked - potentially 4

    • Build Storage could grant 10 slots per campaign, potentially 30

    • Would make sense as it is also linked to elite specs which demands for more slots


    • Build Templates should be split by game mode too so they don't get carried over - your builds in PvE aren't the same in PvP and WvW etc

    • Build storage should be changed to 5 more for 100 gems - it's a freakin string bank

    • equipment and builds keys should be allowed to use the same keybind

    • Equipment templates should be accountwide not character bound.

    submitted by /u/MarcusForrest
    [link] [comments]

    Cant buy gems?

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 06:54 AM PDT

    With any of the options. Getting an error has occurred , try again later message.

    I want my character slot!

    submitted by /u/TheoreticalPlayer
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain ArenaNet's extralife donations to me?

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 02:06 PM PDT

    So apparently ANet will drop a living world trailer teaser at $100,000 according to another Reddit post, but I'm baffled by how the donations work.

    - In game says we're at 59,000/75,000

    - Donation Page says 17,360/80,000

    - Livestream says 11,650/50,000

    Is this all being pooled together, or...?

    submitted by /u/Deviathan
    [link] [comments]

    [Art] My quaggan hatchling taking a bath

    Posted: 02 Nov 2019 06:33 AM PDT

    THE PILGRIMAGE ACROSS TYRIA: HEART OF THORNS / PATH OF FIRE. EDITION ((N.A.))

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:53 PM PDT

    Hello everyone! Its that time again, first weekend of the month. We'll be doing out World Tour event. We'll be doing the Expansions this time. So, what does the Pilgrimage entail? We gather up and essentially do map exploration. Now I said exploration, I did not say completion! We do about 80% of the map. So, Hero Points, Vista's, Points of interest, Mastery Points, etc. We'll only be doing the Central maps of HoT/PoF what does that mean. It means the main maps from the game. So no LS maps sorry.

    We'll be doing them on the 2nd, 3rd of November.

    9 am PST/ 10 am MST/ 11 am CST/ 12 pm EST/ 4 pm UTC. 2 am Canberra ACT, Australia

    Brother Drake will be the lead of the group. (That's me!) We'll try to keep a LFG tab open, you can also whisper me. There is no level cap to the event, we have taken level 2's through the maps. However, YOU are responsible for getting to us. So, if we are about to start the event and your trying to bring a level 2 ish to Heart of Thorns? You...YOU have to get your toon there.

    Please be aware that [RPcd] IS a Role Play Guild, so this event will be Role Play friendly. It is NOT RP required, its just friendly. To all my Aussies and New Zealand people, remember your a day ahead of us! So our Saturday is your Sunday! I think that's everything... If I'm missing something just leave a comment, I'll try and respond on the thread later.

    submitted by /u/Brother-Drake
    [link] [comments]

    More details about the future balance plans for WvW has been revealed during the Anet Extra Life livestream.

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 11:58 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment